Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

MNRUBECENTRAL site issues!

General topics

Moderators: Steven Seagal, Sylvester Stallone

Post Reply
User avatar
cunningham
Posts: 16433
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:26 pm

MNRUBECENTRAL site issues!

Post by cunningham »

I like that we have the old format back, but can someone change it so that it isn't embedded into the screen? What I mean is that you have to scroll on the side to get to the chat part. Then you have to scroll within the chat part as well. Why not just have the webpage with rubechat and remove the "JOIN US!!!" thing at the bottom? It is cumbersome and distracting. It also makes you have to scroll on the side for the outer page and then again for the inner page. I think if you removed the bottom footer it would help, but to have the chat area boxed in on the top and bottom is horrible to work with.
User avatar
JackCoke
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:42 am

Re: MNRUBECENTRAL site issues!

Post by JackCoke »

cunningham wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:35 am I like that we have the old format back, but can someone change it so that it isn't embedded into the screen? What I mean is that you have to scroll on the side to get to the chat part. Then you have to scroll within the chat part as well. Why not just have the webpage with rubechat and remove the "JOIN US!!!" thing at the bottom? It is cumbersome and distracting. It also makes you have to scroll on the side for the outer page and then again for the inner page. I think if you removed the bottom footer it would help, but to have the chat area boxed in on the top and bottom is horrible to work with.
Log in to www.forum.mnrubecentral.com, and the problem does not exist.
User avatar
cunningham
Posts: 16433
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:26 pm

Re: MNRUBECENTRAL site issues!

Post by cunningham »

I still have it on my computers. It is like the webpage has the chat embedded into middle of the page with stuff at the top and bottom. I will try to close the browser and reopen, but you would think that is an issue that could be fixed?
User avatar
cunningham
Posts: 16433
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:26 pm

Re: MNRUBECENTRAL site issues!

Post by cunningham »

OK, I opened it in a new tab and it worked. You would think that the author of the site would want to fix the issue over having people avoid his site entirely though.
User avatar
Cobey
Trouble
Posts: 28326
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: MNRUBECENTRAL site issues!

Post by Cobey »

You know the person who constantly bitches about the quality of services or products that he or she receives for free? Like the guy who complains about the beer selection you have in your fridge or the food selection you have at your party? Yeah, don't be that guy.
User avatar
cunningham
Posts: 16433
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:26 pm

Re: MNRUBECENTRAL site issues!

Post by cunningham »

Cobey wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:02 am You know the person who constantly bitches about the quality of services or products that he or she receives for free? Like the guy who complains about the beer selection you have in your fridge or the food selection you have at your party? Yeah, don't be that guy.
Just trying to help out. I am not constantly bitching and I never would say anything at a party. Just trying to help the owner of the site have people come here and improve the readability. I was told to go directly to the chat, but that would bypass this entire site. I doubt the creator of the site wants that. I've made a lot of websites and have had many people give me advice (bitching)

Just put the chat on its own page without the headers and footers. Why not just have the link go straight to the "forum." site instead of embedding it on this site how it is? Just mask the address to keep people on the site or have the forumn pop up in a new tab or window.

The scrolling is annoying and going right to the link means I bypass this entire site.
User avatar
Seth Masterson II
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:50 pm
Location: N MPLS

Re: MNRUBECENTRAL site issues!

Post by Seth Masterson II »

Cobey is transitioning from car guy to web designer.

Get it, Cobes !!
zissou

Re: MNRUBECENTRAL site issues!

Post by zissou »

cunningham wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:18 am
Cobey wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:02 am You know the person who constantly bitches about the quality of services or products that he or she receives for free? Like the guy who complains about the beer selection you have in your fridge or the food selection you have at your party? Yeah, don't be that guy.
Just trying to help out. I am not constantly bitching and I never would say anything at a party. Just trying to help the owner of the site have people come here and improve the readability. I was told to go directly to the chat, but that would bypass this entire site. I doubt the creator of the site wants that. I've made a lot of websites and have had many people give me advice (bitching)

Just put the chat on its own page without the headers and footers. Why not just have the link go straight to the "forum." site instead of embedding it on this site how it is? Just mask the address to keep people on the site or have the forumn pop up in a new tab or window.

The scrolling is annoying and going right to the link means I bypass this entire site.
DON'T BE THAT GUY!!!!
Post Reply