Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

I miss Walter Becker

Music forum.
Post Reply
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***
Posts: 22632
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:17 am

I miss Walter Becker

Post by vikesbumeout »

Discuss.
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
Stork311
Posts: 2179
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:02 am

Re: I miss Walter Becker

Post by Stork311 »

was at Barnes and Noble and bought a magazine.

UNCUT: The Ultimate Music Guide, Steely Dan.

Fantastic. Put on Pretzel Logic and lost myself in the articles for an hour. Did my heart good.
User avatar
Qman65
Posts: 5566
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm

Re: I miss Walter Becker

Post by Qman65 »

vikesbumeout wrote: ↑Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:47 pmDiscuss.
Here's a better ? Who do you miss most. Walter Becker, SRV or Jimi Hendrix?
Stork311
Posts: 2179
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:02 am

Re: I miss Walter Becker

Post by Stork311 »

Jimi been gone longer than I've been alive...and I am old as dirt. The sting is gone. SRV was never my cup of tea....so by default I will go with Becker, although the unknown of what Mr. Hendrix had coming is sure enticing isn't it?
User avatar
Qman65
Posts: 5566
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm

Re: I miss Walter Becker

Post by Qman65 »

Stork311 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:48 am Jimi been gone longer than I've been alive...and I am old as dirt. The sting is gone. SRV was never my cup of tea....so by default I will go with Becker, although the unknown of what Mr. Hendrix had coming is sure enticing isn't it?
I would've loved seeing Hendrix and SRV doing a Voodoo Chile duet. The teacher and student. OMFG!
Stork311
Posts: 2179
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:02 am

Re: I miss Walter Becker

Post by Stork311 »

would that require listening to them sing a duet too?

Agree the instruments would kill...but not sure the voice harmony would be better than the cruise ship karaoke bar.
Post Reply