Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Rock and Roll HOF
- cmd24
- ***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***
- Posts: 40114
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:20 am
- Location: Not Lonsdale!
Rock and Roll HOF
It's that time again...the nominees this year are:
Bon Jovi
Kate Bush
The Cars
Depeche Mode
Dire Straits
Eurythmics
J. Geils Band
Judas Priest
LL Cool J
MC5
The Meters
Moody Blues
Radiohead
Rage Against the Machine
Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
Nina Simone
Sister Rosetta Tharpe
Link Wray
The Zombies
Who do you think gets it? Any snubs that you see? I see they are still crapping on Def Leppard and Iron Maiden. I believe Stone Temple Pilots and 311 were both eligible this year. I suspect that Bon Jovi, The Cars, LL Cool J (don't like the idea, but hard to keep him out when you've put in PE, Tupac, etc.), and then hopefully Rage. I'd like to see Judas Priest make it, but I just don't know what to expect out of the hall. They've typically stayed away from metal bands, up until the last few years. You could probably make a case for Depeche Mode, The Eurythmics, the Moody Blues, and Radiohead. Maybe even MC5, given their influence on so many bands. Seems to be the deepest group in a few years, I believe.
Bon Jovi
Kate Bush
The Cars
Depeche Mode
Dire Straits
Eurythmics
J. Geils Band
Judas Priest
LL Cool J
MC5
The Meters
Moody Blues
Radiohead
Rage Against the Machine
Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
Nina Simone
Sister Rosetta Tharpe
Link Wray
The Zombies
Who do you think gets it? Any snubs that you see? I see they are still crapping on Def Leppard and Iron Maiden. I believe Stone Temple Pilots and 311 were both eligible this year. I suspect that Bon Jovi, The Cars, LL Cool J (don't like the idea, but hard to keep him out when you've put in PE, Tupac, etc.), and then hopefully Rage. I'd like to see Judas Priest make it, but I just don't know what to expect out of the hall. They've typically stayed away from metal bands, up until the last few years. You could probably make a case for Depeche Mode, The Eurythmics, the Moody Blues, and Radiohead. Maybe even MC5, given their influence on so many bands. Seems to be the deepest group in a few years, I believe.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
- weimy froob
- Posts: 129079
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
sister rosetta tharpe needs to be in the HOF.
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
- Night Train
- ***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***
- Posts: 40668
- Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:56 pm
- Location: Corner of 14th and Oak
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
The RnRHOF has been a joke for years and years. It's not about who deserves it, but more about who's records can we bump this year and which record companies will rake in the bucks.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - EcclesiastICS 10:2
Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
- Verle
- Posts: 18125
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm
- Location: Bumfuck,SD.
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
NT speaks da truf.
Retreat but never cower
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
- flexbuffchest
- Posts: 27091
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
Abe's 1000th post. :abe:
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
- flexbuffchest
- Posts: 27091
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
This is all I gotAbe Froman wrote: ↑Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:29 pm Do I win something? Dammit, this is just like KFAN's site isn't it...![]()

Sorry
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
- Donovan McNabb
- ***Official Gibby Award Winner February 2018***
- Posts: 4193
- Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:14 pm
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
Radiohead went from very good tunes to full blown suck.
- cmd24
- ***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***
- Posts: 40114
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:20 am
- Location: Not Lonsdale!
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
A $5 gift certificate to Froob The Restaurant.Abe Froman wrote: ↑Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:29 pm Do I win something? Dammit, this is just like KFAN's site isn't it...![]()
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
- flexbuffchest
- Posts: 27091
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
I think I can throw in a pair of Rick Berg's used underwear. I won a pair at Abe's old site.cmd24 wrote: ↑Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:17 amA $5 gift certificate to Froob The Restaurant.Abe Froman wrote: ↑Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:29 pm Do I win something? Dammit, this is just like KFAN's site isn't it...![]()
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
- Qman65
- Posts: 5566
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
If Judas Priest doesn't make it they should just shut the whole damn thing down.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
- Beef Supreme
- Posts: 92160
- Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
- Location: House of Representin'
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
As a metal fan, I'm torn whether I want them to make it because I feel they deserve it or if I like metal's "outsider" appeal and don't want them in.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”
- George Orwell
- George Orwell
- Qman65
- Posts: 5566
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
Beefy, how can you be torn about the first band to go all metal all the time? if Metallica is already in before them, that is a crime.Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:31 pmAs a metal fan, I'm torn whether I want them to make it because I feel they deserve it or if I like metal's "outsider" appeal and don't want them in.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
- Beef Supreme
- Posts: 92160
- Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
- Location: House of Representin'
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
I'm not torn about their greatness. I'm torn about whether I even want validation from the mainstream about it.Qman65 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:36 amBeefy, how can you be torn about the first band to go all metal all the time? if Metallica is already in before them, that is a crime.Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:31 pmAs a metal fan, I'm torn whether I want them to make it because I feel they deserve it or if I like metal's "outsider" appeal and don't want them in.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”
- George Orwell
- George Orwell
- Qman65
- Posts: 5566
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
You'll never get their validation because every rock station other KNAC never played them on the airwaves. They deserve to be there based on what they did without mainstream radio airplay.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
The Rock and Roll HoF sucks. If it's the rock and roll hall of fame, make it for rock artists. They put Tupac and NWA in there the last couple years. Say what?
Some of the earliest ones were shaky as well. Bo Diddley or Big Joe Turner certainly made sense in either being a fantastic artist that used rock elements like Diddley, or Big Joe Turner who was a jump blues singer that was one of the most immediate influences on rock and roll.
Marvin Gaye and Aretha Franklin though...no. And it has only gotten worse. It's lame.
Burn it to the ground and make a music hall of fame!
Some of the earliest ones were shaky as well. Bo Diddley or Big Joe Turner certainly made sense in either being a fantastic artist that used rock elements like Diddley, or Big Joe Turner who was a jump blues singer that was one of the most immediate influences on rock and roll.
Marvin Gaye and Aretha Franklin though...no. And it has only gotten worse. It's lame.
Burn it to the ground and make a music hall of fame!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- Qman65
- Posts: 5566
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
YBBR wrote: ↑Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:22 pm The Rock and Roll HoF sucks. If it's the rock and roll hall of fame, make it for rock artists. They put Tupac and NWA in there the last couple years. Say what?
Some of the earliest ones were shaky as well. Bo Diddley or Big Joe Turner certainly made sense in either being a fantastic artist that used rock elements like Diddley, or Big Joe Turner who was a jump blues singer that was one of the most immediate influences on rock and roll.
Marvin Gaye and Aretha Franklin though...no. And it has only gotten worse. It's lame.
Burn it to the ground and make a music hall of fame!
Make the Music HOF have different wings with 3 nominees in each wing every year.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
- Bull
- Posts: 30895
- Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:14 am
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
I agree. It's kinda silly to have a hall of fame for an art form. You can't really judge art in that way. If anything, this is a record industry hall of fame.Night Train wrote: ↑Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:28 pm The RnRHOF has been a joke for years and years. It's not about who deserves it, but more about who's records can we bump this year and which record companies will rake in the bucks.
That being said, I do enjoy watching the induction ceremony every year. It's fun. And if I ever go to Cleveland I plan to visit the hall of fame.
- Qman65
- Posts: 5566
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
You're just mad that The Cult will never get a sniff. You should worry about making your ex spousal payments. Oh, your future sucks!Bull wrote: ↑Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:58 pmI agree. It's kinda silly to have a hall of fame for an art form. You can't really judge art in that way. If anything, this is a record industry hall of fame.Night Train wrote: ↑Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:28 pm The RnRHOF has been a joke for years and years. It's not about who deserves it, but more about who's records can we bump this year and which record companies will rake in the bucks.
That being said, I do enjoy watching the induction ceremony every year. It's fun. And if I ever go to Cleveland I plan to visit the hall of fame.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
- Bull
- Posts: 30895
- Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:14 am
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
Huh?Qman65 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:37 amYou're just mad that The Cult will never get a sniff. You should worry about making your ex spousal payments. Oh, your future sucks!Bull wrote: ↑Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:58 pmI agree. It's kinda silly to have a hall of fame for an art form. You can't really judge art in that way. If anything, this is a record industry hall of fame.Night Train wrote: ↑Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:28 pm The RnRHOF has been a joke for years and years. It's not about who deserves it, but more about who's records can we bump this year and which record companies will rake in the bucks.
That being said, I do enjoy watching the induction ceremony every year. It's fun. And if I ever go to Cleveland I plan to visit the hall of fame.![]()
- Tommy_Hawk
- Posts: 16212
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:14 pm
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
IMO, none of those bands deserve nomination into the Hall.
It should be like Baseball, if they dont get enough votes they dont get in. Nobody should get in by default.
It should be like Baseball, if they dont get enough votes they dont get in. Nobody should get in by default.
Trees Make Great Neighbors
I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
- salamander
- Posts: 24873
- Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:39 pm
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
I've never really thought much about what they consider "rock and roll." Most of the groups going in are trash.Night Train wrote: ↑Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:28 pm The RnRHOF has been a joke for years and years. It's not about who deserves it, but more about who's records can we bump this year and which record companies will rake in the bucks.
Mammoth De-extinction Project & the successful De-extinction of Dire wolves
https://colossal.com/
https://colossal.com/
Spoiler:
- cmd24
- ***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***
- Posts: 40114
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:20 am
- Location: Not Lonsdale!
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
Dire Straits
The Moody Blues
The Cars
Bon Jovi
Nina Simone
Sister Rosetta Tharpe
Once again, Priest gets snubbed. Was a little surprised that Rage didn't make it, but it's probably not a huge deal, as they likely make it in the next few years anyway.
The Moody Blues
The Cars
Bon Jovi
Nina Simone
Sister Rosetta Tharpe
Once again, Priest gets snubbed. Was a little surprised that Rage didn't make it, but it's probably not a huge deal, as they likely make it in the next few years anyway.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
- weimy froob
- Posts: 129079
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
Why Sister Rosetta Tharpe Belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fameweimy froob wrote: ↑Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:19 am sister rosetta tharpe needs to be in the HOF.
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
The guitar-playing, gospel-singing sensation paved the way for Elvis, and influenced everyone from Miranda Lambert to Bob Dylan
By Will Hermes
7 hours ago
Gripe all you like about deserving acts overlooked by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but no artist has been more overdue for recognition than Sister Rosetta Tharpe, whose induction into the Hall's "Influences" category was announced this morning. A queer black woman from Arkansas who shredded on electric guitar, belted praises both to God and secular pleasures, and broke the color line touring with white singers, she was gospel's first superstar, and she most assuredly rocked.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... me-w513981
glad the rock and roll HOF finally did the right thing and put sister rosetta in. better late than never.
-
jakazz30
- Posts: 6135
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:35 pm
- Location: Minneapolis
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
How many times did you point out she was a Gospel performer?weimy froob wrote: ↑Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:50 pmWhy Sister Rosetta Tharpe Belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fameweimy froob wrote: ↑Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:19 am sister rosetta tharpe needs to be in the HOF.
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
The guitar-playing, gospel-singing sensation paved the way for Elvis, and influenced everyone from Miranda Lambert to Bob Dylan
By Will Hermes
7 hours ago
Gripe all you like about deserving acts overlooked by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but no artist has been more overdue for recognition than Sister Rosetta Tharpe, whose induction into the Hall's "Influences" category was announced this morning. A queer black woman from Arkansas who shredded on electric guitar, belted praises both to God and secular pleasures, and broke the color line touring with white singers, she was gospel's first superstar, and she most assuredly rocked.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... me-w513981
glad the rock and roll HOF finally did the right thing and put sister rosetta in. better late than never.
R & R HoF..
- Qman65
- Posts: 5566
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
Bon Jovi was bound to get in at some point anyway, why now?
Last edited by Qman65 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Qman65
- Posts: 5566
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm
Re: Rock and Roll HOF
So ask Metallica if Judas Priest should be in the HOF before them. I can be 100% sure they would agree.











