Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Duck Opener

Post Reply
User avatar
Verle
Posts: 18115
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: Bumfuck,SD.

Duck Opener

Post by Verle »

Any reports? Out here in Bumfuck we shot about 6 teal and one redhead this morning.Had what we thought was a flight of mallards fly over and we smoked six of them. Stink'n shovelers. Plenty of ducks and plenty of sloughs.We will try a different slough this evening. Good luck. :thumbsup:
Retreat but never cower
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
User avatar
Eroder
Posts: 92572
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 9:02 am

Re: Duck Opener

Post by Eroder »

Pity post
Dr Eroder, MD

Brain Surgeon
User avatar
VikingHammer
Posts: 1036
Joined: Wed May 03, 2023 9:36 pm

Re: Duck Opener

Post by VikingHammer »

Eroder wrote: ↑Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:27 pmPity post
Pity post x2
***** Board warning issued on Oct 02 2023. Used the term "safe space" :irked:

You voted for a traitor not once but twice. Apologize to every American. :lol:
User avatar
Verle
Posts: 18115
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: Bumfuck,SD.

Re: Duck Opener

Post by Verle »

Great waterfowl hatch out here in Bumfuck. Two hen canvasbacks nested in our pond and have about twenty young ones. I went to get the mail and jumped around forty GW teal. I feel sorry for you guys that hunt ducks in Minnesota. I find it hard to believe that there are two hunts before the main opener.
Retreat but never cower
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Duck Opener

Post by weimy froob »

Verle wrote: ↑Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:18 pm Great waterfowl hatch out here in Bumfuck. Two hen canvasbacks nested in our pond and have about twenty young ones. I went to get the mail and jumped around forty GW teal. I feel sorry for you guys that hunt ducks in Minnesota. I find it hard to believe that there are two hunts before the main opener.
when's the season open in bumfuck verle?
User avatar
Verle
Posts: 18115
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: Bumfuck,SD.

Re: Duck Opener

Post by Verle »

September 23
Retreat but never cower
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
User avatar
Voltron
Posts: 24484
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:05 am

Re: Duck Opener

Post by Voltron »

That time of year again
Trans women belong in women's sports.

It is time to end the bigotry and discrimination and hate. Sport is for all.
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Duck Opener

Post by weimy froob »

yep. verle said the opener's this weekend in bumfuck.
User avatar
Verle
Posts: 18115
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: Bumfuck,SD.

Re: Duck Opener

Post by Verle »

We have the blinds all set up and the decoys sorted and ready. It will be me and my two brothers partaking of the slaughter. Good luck to any other hunters out there.
Retreat but never cower
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
User avatar
Verle
Posts: 18115
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: Bumfuck,SD.

Re: Duck Opener

Post by Verle »

Slow opening hunt. Shot 5 teal and one mallard between two guys. We had a thunderstorm move through and the little fuckers were hiding in the cattails.
Retreat but never cower
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
User avatar
Verle
Posts: 18115
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: Bumfuck,SD.

Re: Duck Opener

Post by Verle »

Nine teal and two mallards this morning. Quite a few ducks flying. Many are still hiding in the cattails for some reason. Might be because of the hawks and owls.
Retreat but never cower
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
User avatar
Verle
Posts: 18115
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: Bumfuck,SD.

Re: Duck Opener

Post by Verle »

Shot four teal this morning. Had a teal feed this evening.
Retreat but never cower
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
User avatar
Voltron
Posts: 24484
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:05 am

Re: Duck Opener

Post by Voltron »

Verle wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:35 pm Shot four teal this morning. Had a teal feed this evening.
:clap: :clap:
Trans women belong in women's sports.

It is time to end the bigotry and discrimination and hate. Sport is for all.
User avatar
Verle
Posts: 18115
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: Bumfuck,SD.

Re: Duck Opener

Post by Verle »

Brother shot 5 teal, 1 redhead and 1 gadwall this morning. Ducks for supper.
Retreat but never cower
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
User avatar
Verle
Posts: 18115
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: Bumfuck,SD.

Re: Duck Opener

Post by Verle »

Too hot to hunt. Almost all the soy beans were harvested in the last two days. Hopefully Voltron will be able to make a trip out here to Bumfuck to help harvest the corn.
Retreat but never cower
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Duck Opener

Post by weimy froob »

These 90-something duck hunters from St. Paul still where they want to be: In a marsh.
Brothers Henry Ernst, 98, and John Ernst, 96, of St. Paul still look to the skies each fall
for mallards and other ducks. Save for a couple of years during World War II, they've been
doing it for about 85 years.

Image

Brothers Henry Ernst, 98, left, and John Ernst, 96, of St. Paul still look to the skies each fall
for mallards and other ducks.

https://www.startribune.com/duck-hunt-m ... 600313603/
User avatar
Verle
Posts: 18115
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: Bumfuck,SD.

Re: Duck Opener

Post by Verle »

Had a decent opener. About a dozen teal and some Gadwalls. Have no idea where the Mallards went because they had a good hatch this year. Speaking of good hatches, this year's pheasant is the best I have seen in 26 years. Very few ducks around now. We will have to wait for the northern Mallards and do some shooting in the picked corn.
Retreat but never cower
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Duck Opener

Post by weimy froob »

Verle wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2026 8:24 am Had a decent opener. About a dozen teal and some Gadwalls. Have no idea where the Mallards went because they had a good hatch this year. Speaking of good hatches, this year's pheasant is the best I have seen in 26 years. Very few ducks around now. We will have to wait for the northern Mallards and do some shooting in the picked corn.
you gonna hunt up some roosters this year, Verle?
User avatar
Verle
Posts: 18115
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: Bumfuck,SD.

Re: Duck Opener

Post by Verle »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:22 pm
Verle wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2026 8:24 am Had a decent opener. About a dozen teal and some Gadwalls. Have no idea where the Mallards went because they had a good hatch this year. Speaking of good hatches, this year's pheasant is the best I have seen in 26 years. Very few ducks around now. We will have to wait for the northern Mallards and do some shooting in the picked corn.
you gonna hunt up some roosters this year, Verle?
Darn right! We have an early residents only season so I should be able to bag a few birds.
Retreat but never cower
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
Post Reply