Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Site Issues Here

A place to announce stuff
Post Reply
User avatar
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***
Posts: 51025
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
Location: West Metro

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Mandatory »

Can we get an option to remove posts from the "your posts" tab?

Example, this thread.
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
Coach X
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:54 pm

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Coach X »

Polichat read only. Please grant read only mode for me. No interest in posting. Thanks
Lionsfan
Posts: 3066
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:38 pm

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Lionsfan »

Can I get access to reply and post in poli chat
User avatar
BBG
Posts: 15566
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:24 pm
Location: North Minneapolis
Contact:

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by BBG »

Can I get mod privileges for the pit of misery?

dilly dilly?
User avatar
PH81
Literally is the reason for everything that goes wrong and is not the official weather man of this site
Posts: 82348
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by PH81 »

polichat is down
SKYSPYSKYSPYSKYSPY

The Official weather dude of froobchat.
User avatar
rubechick
Posts: 10363
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:46 am

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by rubechick »

PH81 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:06 ampolichat is down
It’s a you-problem.
Gridiron Goddess
SUPER BOWL CHAMP

The road to fascism is lined with people telling you to stop overreacting
Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
PH81
Literally is the reason for everything that goes wrong and is not the official weather man of this site
Posts: 82348
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by PH81 »

rubechick wrote: ↑Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:25 am
PH81 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:06 ampolichat is down
It’s a you-problem.
Yep, they can't handle the truth. :thumbsup: :naners:
SKYSPYSKYSPYSKYSPY

The Official weather dude of froobchat.
User avatar
Bruce Willis
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Bruce Willis »

Drunk wrote: ↑Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:35 pm Can I get access to the main Bored?
I mentioned it to the higher powers.
"Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs..."
User avatar
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***
Posts: 51025
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
Location: West Metro

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Mandatory »

Bruce Willis wrote: ↑Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:01 pm
Drunk wrote: ↑Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:35 pm Can I get access to the main Bored?
I mentioned it to the higher powers.
Interesting signature this "Drunk" has... maybe he should get an extra vetting. :thumbsup:
PH81 is the President of my Fan Club.
Voltron is giving PH81 a run for the top spot.
They are both on the Spectrum.
Voltron is my shadow.
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129082
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by weimy froob »

BBG wrote: ↑Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:37 pm Can I get mod privileges for the pit of misery?

dilly dilly?
:lol:
User avatar
Bruce Willis
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Bruce Willis »

Mandatory wrote: ↑Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:03 pm
Bruce Willis wrote: ↑Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:01 pm
Drunk wrote: ↑Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:35 pm Can I get access to the main Bored?
I mentioned it to the higher powers.
Interesting signature this "Drunk" has... maybe he should get an extra vetting. :thumbsup:
PH81 is the President of my Fan Club.
Voltron is giving PH81 a run for the top spot.
They are both on the Spectrum.
Voltron is my shadow.
Ain't that shit suppose to show up under his post. Yeah Drunk you should probably delete that.
"Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs..."
User avatar
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***
Posts: 51025
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
Location: West Metro

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Mandatory »

Bruce Willis wrote: ↑Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:04 pm
Mandatory wrote: ↑Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:03 pm
Bruce Willis wrote: ↑Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:01 pm

I mentioned it to the higher powers.
Interesting signature this "Drunk" has... maybe he should get an extra vetting. :thumbsup:
PH81 is the President of my Fan Club.
Voltron is giving PH81 a run for the top spot.
They are both on the Spectrum.
Voltron is my shadow.
Ain't that shit suppose to show up under his post. Yeah Drunk you should probably delete that.
He fits right in!

:drinky: :drinky:
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
User avatar
Slap Shot
Posts: 48959
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Here there and everywhere

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Slap Shot »

Maybe if you were sober...
User avatar
Verle
Posts: 18134
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: Bumfuck,SD.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Verle »

Can you give me instructions on how to post youtube videos? I just get a URL when I try to post.
Retreat but never cower
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
User avatar
LwnmwrMan222
Posts: 39460
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Verle wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:17 pm Can you give me instructions on how to post youtube videos? I just get a URL when I try to post.
If you're trying to post from your phone< I've never gotten that to work.

Laptop, yep. Phone, nope.
I'm like an old oil lamp. I still work, but the light in me is gone.
User avatar
Straight Edge Raven
Posts: 12919
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:14 pm

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Straight Edge Raven »

Verle wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:17 pm Can you give me instructions on how to post youtube videos? I just get a URL when I try to post.
Normal link from website
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSJqhKDDvqw

Correct format
remove the s from http then put that link between the youtube button

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSJqhKDDvqw


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

No other format works. If there is a & and other letters and numbers after (example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSJqhKDDvqw&t=539s) you would remove the &t=539s (that's a code to start a video 539 seconds in, it won't render on this site) and of course remove the s from http. The s adds encryption and just doesn't render on this site.


Lets say you are using your phone or a share link. This the share link for the video
https://youtu.be/mSJqhKDDvqw?si=1XMfX27U3Glt3HFh

see the connction in that link with the normal url link? the first code after youtu.be which is mSJqhKDDvqw the ? is like the & we talked about before, so stop before the ?. Now this way is more tedious but you would just need to type the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSJqhKDDvqw then add the youtube brackets. kind of a lot of work, you'd be better off going in desktop mode and getting the original link and just deleting the s in https.
Last edited by Straight Edge Raven on Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe I've had enough of the shit brigade.
Slava Ukraini!
User avatar
Verle
Posts: 18134
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: Bumfuck,SD.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Verle »

Straight Edge Raven wrote: ↑Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:08 am
Verle wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:17 pm Can you give me instructions on how to post youtube videos? I just get a URL when I try to post.
Normal link from website
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSJqhKDDvqw

Correct format
remove the s from http then put that link between the youtube button

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSJqhKDDvqw


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

No other format works. If there is a & and other letters and numbers after (example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSJqhKDDvqw[b]&t=539s[/b]) you would remove the &t=539s (that's a code to start a video 539 seconds in, it won't render on this site) and of course remove the s from http. The s adds encryption and just doesn't render on this site.


Lets say you are using your phone or a share link. This the share link for the video
https://youtu.be/mSJqhKDDvqw?si=1XMfX27U3Glt3HFh

see the connction in that link with the normal url link? the first code after youtu.be which is mSJqhKDDvqw the ? is like the & we talked about before, so stop before the ?. Now this way is more tedious but you would just need to type the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSJqhKDDvqw then add the youtube brackets. kind of a lot of work, you'd be better off going in desktop mode and getting the original link and just deleting the s in https.
Thank you Raven! :thumbsup:
Retreat but never cower
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
User avatar
softball guy
Posts: 2702
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:23 pm
Location: The Chaska

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by softball guy »

Got the youtube trick, how about twitter? Seems like something changed recently...

[/media]https://x.com/i/status/1792812822054990247[media]
User avatar
ForCaleb
Posts: 91847
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:29 pm

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by ForCaleb »

softball guy wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2024 11:45 am Got the youtube trick, how about twitter? Seems like something changed recently...

[/media]https://x.com/i/status/1792812822054990247[media]
No need for the media button. Just replace the "x" with "twitter":

User avatar
Voltron
Posts: 24513
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:05 am

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Voltron »

ForCaleb wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2024 12:05 pm
softball guy wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2024 11:45 am Got the youtube trick, how about twitter? Seems like something changed recently...

[/media]https://x.com/i/status/1792812822054990247[media]
No need for the media button. Just replace the "x" with "twitter":

:lol:
Trans women belong in women's sports.

It is time to end the bigotry and discrimination and hate. Sport is for all.
User avatar
ForCaleb
Posts: 91847
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:29 pm

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by ForCaleb »

Voltron wrote: ↑Wed May 22, 2024 10:45 am
ForCaleb wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2024 12:05 pm
softball guy wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2024 11:45 am Got the youtube trick, how about twitter? Seems like something changed recently...

[/media]https://x.com/i/status/1792812822054990247[media]
No need for the media button. Just replace the "x" with "twitter":

:lol:
:lol: :lol:
User avatar
Slap Shot
Posts: 48959
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Here there and everywhere

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Slap Shot »

This site has been slow lately. I just did a speedtest and got 380 mbps so I know it's not on my end.
User avatar
Verle
Posts: 18134
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: Bumfuck,SD.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Verle »

Why can't I access polichat?
Retreat but never cower
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
User avatar
The Lizard King
Posts: 37399
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:01 am

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by The Lizard King »

Verle wrote: ↑Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:11 pm Why can't I access polichat?
No one likes you.
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
User avatar
Verle
Posts: 18134
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: Bumfuck,SD.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Verle »

The Lizard King wrote: ↑Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:29 am
Verle wrote: ↑Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:11 pm Why can't I access polichat?
No one likes you.
I know. I thought that was a pre-requisite.
Retreat but never cower
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
User avatar
The Lizard King
Posts: 37399
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:01 am

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by The Lizard King »

Verle wrote: ↑Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:38 pm
The Lizard King wrote: ↑Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:29 am
Verle wrote: ↑Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:11 pm Why can't I access polichat?
No one likes you.
I know. I thought that was a pre-requisite.
Good point. :scooter:
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
User avatar
Squatcher
Posts: 6835
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:18 pm
Location: 2026 Ultimate Froob winner

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Squatcher »

Hi there. Long time lurker--back to the old dawn, actually--thinking I may want to post on occasion. I have no permissions, though. How do I get those enabled? 😊
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***
Posts: 59250
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Sellingguy »

Squatcher wrote: ↑Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:45 am Hi there. Long time lurker--back to the old dawn, actually--thinking I may want to post on occasion. I have no permissions, though. How do I get those enabled? 😊
I will sell you my log in info for $5000.00
User avatar
Squatcher
Posts: 6835
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:18 pm
Location: 2026 Ultimate Froob winner

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Squatcher »

Hmm...

Lemme thi...

Pass. But thanks for the offer.
User avatar
Voltron
Posts: 24513
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:05 am

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Post by Voltron »

Squatcher wrote: ↑Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:54 pm Hmm...

Lemme thi...

Pass. But thanks for the offer.
The only site issue is that you lurked for seven years and then suddenly decided to join. Get lost, bud. Just post under your normal profile, whether that's RC3 or whatever it is.
Trans women belong in women's sports.

It is time to end the bigotry and discrimination and hate. Sport is for all.
Post Reply