Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
What are you playing right now?
- Mandatory
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 51000
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
- Location: West Metro
Re: What are you playing right now?
CC: YBBR
Did you ever play Pentiment? Seems like your kind of game, no?
I bought/downloaded it and will inevitably get to it.
Did you ever play Pentiment? Seems like your kind of game, no?
I bought/downloaded it and will inevitably get to it.
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
That's the Obsidian game they put out a couple years ago. I never played it, but it got high praise for sure. I remember that. It was on a ton of best of the year lists that year. I'm not sure if it sold really well, but critically it was well loved.
It sort of like an adventure/narrative thing.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- Mandatory
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 51000
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
- Location: West Metro
Re: What are you playing right now?
I shouldn't have assumed because it was a popular indie game you would have played it..YBBR wrote: ↑Fri Dec 19, 2025 7:04 pmThat's the Obsidian game they put out a couple years ago. I never played it, but it got high praise for sure. I remember that. It was on a ton of best of the year lists that year. I'm not sure if it sold really well, but critically it was well loved.
It sort of like an adventure/narrative thing.
But that's the one! Haven't played yet but will be checking it out soon.
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
Cool. Yeah, that's a good one to play if you like narrative adventure games. Really good for history buffs as well.Mandatory wrote: ↑Fri Dec 26, 2025 2:50 pmI shouldn't have assumed because it was a popular indie game you would have played it..YBBR wrote: ↑Fri Dec 19, 2025 7:04 pmThat's the Obsidian game they put out a couple years ago. I never played it, but it got high praise for sure. I remember that. It was on a ton of best of the year lists that year. I'm not sure if it sold really well, but critically it was well loved.
It sort of like an adventure/narrative thing.![]()
![]()
But that's the one! Haven't played yet but will be checking it out soon.
I am pretty plugged in to the current games press, so yeah, game that came out a few years ago that a lot of them loved, I definitely remember it.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
I've been playing some Sektori. Indie game made by a former Housemarque developer. Twin stick shooter with great visuals and art. Almost psychedelic through future science fiction. Hard lines, flashing lights, enemies and shapes everywhere. It's very good. Punishingly difficult. Nice music too. Mostly techno, but I caught some trance style synths in there which made me pop a bit. Cool one.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- Jimi_Thing
- Posts: 24568
- Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:53 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
Xenoblade Chronicles on the Nintendo Switch. Never played it before. Really enjoying it!
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
Dope. I really dug Xenogears on PS1 when that dude worked at Square before he and his wife left and started their own studio and did the Xenosaga and then the Xenoblade games. Xenosaga is more hit and miss from my memory, but Xenoblade people love those.Jimi_Thing wrote: ↑Tue Jan 13, 2026 12:33 pm Xenoblade Chronicles on the Nintendo Switch. Never played it before. Really enjoying it!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
I'm currently playing Ninja Gaiden: Ragebound from last year. 2D action game with pixel art from The Game Kitchen. Pretty good. I also want to play Shinobi: Art of Vengeance. That one was by Lizardcube who helped do Streets of Rage 4 which was damn good.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- Mandatory
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 51000
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
- Location: West Metro
Re: What are you playing right now?
Picking KCDII back up on XBOX now that all the DLC is out. Some CFB26. Also just starting to get into GTA online. I don't really like it, but I'm trying to stick with it.
I have Ghost of Yotei and Death Stranding downloaded on PS5 ready to start sometime.
CKIII as always and some Sea Power: Naval Combat in the Missile Age on PC.
I have Ghost of Yotei and Death Stranding downloaded on PS5 ready to start sometime.
CKIII as always and some Sea Power: Naval Combat in the Missile Age on PC.
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
- jffl_commish
- Posts: 28420
- Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am
Re: What are you playing right now?
I started up Cyberpunk 2077 again after a long time. The updates are noticeable, for sure.
If they ever do a live action version of this game, they better not fuck up Panam and better use the female V
If they ever do a live action version of this game, they better not fuck up Panam and better use the female V
Let's get Tropical
- Tommy_Hawk
- Posts: 16212
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:14 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
I endorse this messagejffl_commish wrote: ↑Thu Feb 05, 2026 7:18 pm I started up Cyberpunk 2077 again after a long time. The updates are noticeable, for sure.
If they ever do a live action version of this game, they better not fuck up Panam and better use the female V
Trees Make Great Neighbors
I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
Excited for the new Castlevania announced at the State of Play developed by the Dead Cells folks. Belmont's Curse. Castlevania is finally back and I'm loving the art style. Looks good.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- Mandatory
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 51000
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
- Location: West Metro
Re: What are you playing right now?
IGN had a huge showcase today. Some good stuff.
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
- Tommy_Hawk
- Posts: 16212
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:14 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
I saw there was a recent update for Manor Lord, so I sunk about 6 hours into it this week. I kind of have it figured out now, so I think im going to restart on a different map and give it the ol' College try.
Trees Make Great Neighbors
I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
- Mandatory
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 51000
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
- Location: West Metro
Re: What are you playing right now?
Tommy_Hawk wrote: ↑Fri Feb 27, 2026 10:59 amI saw there was a recent update for Manor Lord, so I sunk about 6 hours into it this week. I kind of have it figured out now, so I think im going to restart on a different map and give it the ol' College try.
It's a fun game but I haven't played in some time.
Just started Ghost of Yotei while still sloggin away at KCD2.
Sea Power: Naval Combat in the Missile Age on PC.
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
Minishoot' Adventures which got ported to console recently. It's like what if a classic 2D Zelda was also a twin stick shooter with a little ship. It's a really solid genre mashup that I've been playing through.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- Tommy_Hawk
- Posts: 16212
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:14 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
I bought it now from Steam. We'll see how it is. You're usually on point with your Indie recs, although Hades isnt for me.
Trees Make Great Neighbors
I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
Oh I loved Hades. I'm a big Supergiant fan. I've got to pick up Hades 2. But I'm a roguelike sicko. I love those style of games, which just might not be your thing.Tommy_Hawk wrote: ↑Tue Mar 10, 2026 12:35 pmI bought it now from Steam. We'll see how it is. You're usually on point with your Indie recs, although Hades isnt for me.
I just wrapped up Minishoot. It's good. Very charming. The ship feels really good to move about. It has a nice checklist kind of feel to mopping up all the objectives too. So if you like doing that in a old-school Zelda type of game. You'll probably like this.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- Tommy_Hawk
- Posts: 16212
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:14 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
Crimson Desert. Its vast. Theres so many options. Ive played 30 hours and havent even scratched the surface
The first few hours are kind of boring, doing tutorial stuff, but it opens up and gets fun.
The first few hours are kind of boring, doing tutorial stuff, but it opens up and gets fun.
Trees Make Great Neighbors
I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
Hades 2 just got ported to console, so I'm playing through that. The art and animation are just an unreal quality. Maybe the best I've seen from Supergiant yet. Their art is truly without peer in the medium. Darren Korb doing the music again, who is great.
It's a bit more verbose than Hades. Which I thought the writing and narrative was a huge selling point for people who aren't traditionally into roguelikes for the first Hades. The gameplay hasn't hooked me the same way yet, but I'm still kind of figuring out Melinoe as opposed to Zagreus.
It's a bit more verbose than Hades. Which I thought the writing and narrative was a huge selling point for people who aren't traditionally into roguelikes for the first Hades. The gameplay hasn't hooked me the same way yet, but I'm still kind of figuring out Melinoe as opposed to Zagreus.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- Herky
- Posts: 17477
- Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:09 am
- Location: Mar-a-Lago
Re: What are you playing right now?
MLB The Show 26. Currently grinding in Diamond Dynasty. Will start a Cubs one probably this weekend. Trying to get some Diamond sponsors before I do to maximize cash intake.
Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Finished Mass Effect and into Mass Effect 2 now.
Un-modded Fallout 4 playthrough. Siding with the Minutemen and settlement building. Going to chase the last few achievements I have left to get. Currently Level 100.
Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Finished Mass Effect and into Mass Effect 2 now.
Un-modded Fallout 4 playthrough. Siding with the Minutemen and settlement building. Going to chase the last few achievements I have left to get. Currently Level 100.
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
I also started playing some of Vampire Crawlers: The Turbo Wildcard from Vampire Survivors. That's a good game. I am a fan of roguelikes. I like deck builders. I loved Vampire Survivors when that came out. It's a good one of those.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
I've playing Forza Horizon 6. It's very good. I played a bunch of Forza Horizon 5 and that was my first one of these. Forza Horizon 6 more of the same, but in Japan as opposed to Mexico. It's a good time.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
007 First Light I will probably pick up down the road and play through that. I'm not a big James Bond fan, but I am a fan of IO Interactive. 88 on Opencritic, so very well regarded. The recent Hitman trilogy are all amazing games. Sounds like they put out another banger.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- jffl_commish
- Posts: 28420
- Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am
Re: What are you playing right now?
Anyone played AC Shadows? I just started yesterday. Kind of takes a bit to get into it, but could be epic
Let's get Tropical
- jffl_commish
- Posts: 28420
- Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am
Re: What are you playing right now?
The world is so huge and there are so many things... I need to skip the contracts I think and just do side quests. I don't even know what the hell the main quest is. Just kill lots of shady dudes.jffl_commish wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 5:50 pm Anyone played AC Shadows? I just started yesterday. Kind of takes a bit to get into it, but could be epic
Let's get Tropical
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
I've started going through Mina the Hollower by Yacht Club Games. Its like a mix between a Gameboy color era legend of Zelda and has Dark Souls mechanics. I'm early, but it's really good so far.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- jffl_commish
- Posts: 28420
- Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am
Re: What are you playing right now?
Update again: I did some review reading and kind of wish I did before I started. Super repetitive. No real story. The voice actors kind of blow too.jffl_commish wrote: ↑Fri Jun 12, 2026 5:17 pmThe world is so huge and there are so many things... I need to skip the contracts I think and just do side quests. I don't even know what the hell the main quest is. Just kill lots of shady dudes.jffl_commish wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 5:50 pm Anyone played AC Shadows? I just started yesterday. Kind of takes a bit to get into it, but could be epic
Let's get Tropical
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
I beat Mina the Hollower. It's perfect for any kind of handheld. So like a Steam Deck or a Switch or something is the perfect form factor for it. One of the highest reviewed games this year for $20. I think it's really solid.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: What are you playing right now?
Playing alot of 33 Immortals since that went 1.0. From Thunder Lotus that team that did Spiritfarer. This is way different. It's a co-op roguelike where you raid with up to 33 people but can only communicate to everyone through little graphical emotes the game gives you. So it's like what if you had a pick up and play MMO raid with much less time investment and all the people you meet are trying to work together to defeat the dungeon boss and lose as few people as possible along the way.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."




