Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What are you playing right now?

Video game themed message board
Post Reply
User avatar
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***
Posts: 51001
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
Location: West Metro

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Mandatory »

CC: YBBR

Did you ever play Pentiment? Seems like your kind of game, no?

I bought/downloaded it and will inevitably get to it.
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

Mandatory wrote: ↑Fri Dec 19, 2025 6:56 pm CC: YBBR

Did you ever play Pentiment? Seems like your kind of game, no?

I bought/downloaded it and will inevitably get to it.
That's the Obsidian game they put out a couple years ago. I never played it, but it got high praise for sure. I remember that. It was on a ton of best of the year lists that year. I'm not sure if it sold really well, but critically it was well loved.

It sort of like an adventure/narrative thing.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***
Posts: 51001
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
Location: West Metro

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: ↑Fri Dec 19, 2025 7:04 pm
Mandatory wrote: ↑Fri Dec 19, 2025 6:56 pm CC: YBBR

Did you ever play Pentiment? Seems like your kind of game, no?

I bought/downloaded it and will inevitably get to it.
That's the Obsidian game they put out a couple years ago. I never played it, but it got high praise for sure. I remember that. It was on a ton of best of the year lists that year. I'm not sure if it sold really well, but critically it was well loved.

It sort of like an adventure/narrative thing.
I shouldn't have assumed because it was a popular indie game you would have played it.. :lol: :beer:

But that's the one! Haven't played yet but will be checking it out soon.
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

Mandatory wrote: ↑Fri Dec 26, 2025 2:50 pm
YBBR wrote: ↑Fri Dec 19, 2025 7:04 pm
Mandatory wrote: ↑Fri Dec 19, 2025 6:56 pm CC: YBBR

Did you ever play Pentiment? Seems like your kind of game, no?

I bought/downloaded it and will inevitably get to it.
That's the Obsidian game they put out a couple years ago. I never played it, but it got high praise for sure. I remember that. It was on a ton of best of the year lists that year. I'm not sure if it sold really well, but critically it was well loved.

It sort of like an adventure/narrative thing.
I shouldn't have assumed because it was a popular indie game you would have played it.. :lol: :beer:

But that's the one! Haven't played yet but will be checking it out soon.
Cool. Yeah, that's a good one to play if you like narrative adventure games. Really good for history buffs as well.

I am pretty plugged in to the current games press, so yeah, game that came out a few years ago that a lot of them loved, I definitely remember it.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

I've been playing some Sektori. Indie game made by a former Housemarque developer. Twin stick shooter with great visuals and art. Almost psychedelic through future science fiction. Hard lines, flashing lights, enemies and shapes everywhere. It's very good. Punishingly difficult. Nice music too. Mostly techno, but I caught some trance style synths in there which made me pop a bit. Cool one.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
Jimi_Thing
Posts: 24568
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Xenoblade Chronicles on the Nintendo Switch. Never played it before. Really enjoying it!
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

Jimi_Thing wrote: ↑Tue Jan 13, 2026 12:33 pm Xenoblade Chronicles on the Nintendo Switch. Never played it before. Really enjoying it!
Dope. I really dug Xenogears on PS1 when that dude worked at Square before he and his wife left and started their own studio and did the Xenosaga and then the Xenoblade games. Xenosaga is more hit and miss from my memory, but Xenoblade people love those.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

I'm currently playing Ninja Gaiden: Ragebound from last year. 2D action game with pixel art from The Game Kitchen. Pretty good. I also want to play Shinobi: Art of Vengeance. That one was by Lizardcube who helped do Streets of Rage 4 which was damn good.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***
Posts: 51001
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
Location: West Metro

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Mandatory »

Picking KCDII back up on XBOX now that all the DLC is out. Some CFB26. Also just starting to get into GTA online. I don't really like it, but I'm trying to stick with it.

I have Ghost of Yotei and Death Stranding downloaded on PS5 ready to start sometime.

CKIII as always and some Sea Power: Naval Combat in the Missile Age on PC.
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
User avatar
jffl_commish
Posts: 28420
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by jffl_commish »

I started up Cyberpunk 2077 again after a long time. The updates are noticeable, for sure.

If they ever do a live action version of this game, they better not fuck up Panam and better use the female V
Let's get Tropical
User avatar
Tommy_Hawk
Posts: 16212
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:14 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: ↑Thu Feb 05, 2026 7:18 pm I started up Cyberpunk 2077 again after a long time. The updates are noticeable, for sure.

If they ever do a live action version of this game, they better not fuck up Panam and better use the female V
I endorse this message
Trees Make Great Neighbors

I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

Excited for the new Castlevania announced at the State of Play developed by the Dead Cells folks. Belmont's Curse. Castlevania is finally back and I'm loving the art style. Looks good.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***
Posts: 51001
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
Location: West Metro

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: ↑Wed Feb 25, 2026 6:10 pm Excited for the new Castlevania announced at the State of Play developed by the Dead Cells folks. Belmont's Curse. Castlevania is finally back and I'm loving the art style. Looks good.
IGN had a huge showcase today. Some good stuff. :beer:
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
User avatar
Tommy_Hawk
Posts: 16212
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:14 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Mandatory wrote: ↑Wed Feb 25, 2026 6:18 pm
YBBR wrote: ↑Wed Feb 25, 2026 6:10 pm Excited for the new Castlevania announced at the State of Play developed by the Dead Cells folks. Belmont's Curse. Castlevania is finally back and I'm loving the art style. Looks good.
IGN had a huge showcase today. Some good stuff. :beer:
I saw there was a recent update for Manor Lord, so I sunk about 6 hours into it this week. I kind of have it figured out now, so I think im going to restart on a different map and give it the ol' College try.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
User avatar
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***
Posts: 51001
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
Location: West Metro

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Mandatory »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: ↑Fri Feb 27, 2026 10:59 am
Mandatory wrote: ↑Wed Feb 25, 2026 6:18 pm
YBBR wrote: ↑Wed Feb 25, 2026 6:10 pm Excited for the new Castlevania announced at the State of Play developed by the Dead Cells folks. Belmont's Curse. Castlevania is finally back and I'm loving the art style. Looks good.
IGN had a huge showcase today. Some good stuff. :beer:
I saw there was a recent update for Manor Lord, so I sunk about 6 hours into it this week. I kind of have it figured out now, so I think im going to restart on a different map and give it the ol' College try.
:lol: :beer:

It's a fun game but I haven't played in some time.

Just started Ghost of Yotei while still sloggin away at KCD2.

Sea Power: Naval Combat in the Missile Age on PC.
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

Minishoot' Adventures which got ported to console recently. It's like what if a classic 2D Zelda was also a twin stick shooter with a little ship. It's a really solid genre mashup that I've been playing through.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
Tommy_Hawk
Posts: 16212
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:14 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

YBBR wrote: ↑Sun Mar 08, 2026 6:48 pm Minishoot' Adventures which got ported to console recently. It's like what if a classic 2D Zelda was also a twin stick shooter with a little ship. It's a really solid genre mashup that I've been playing through.
I bought it now from Steam. We'll see how it is. You're usually on point with your Indie recs, although Hades isnt for me.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: ↑Tue Mar 10, 2026 12:35 pm
YBBR wrote: ↑Sun Mar 08, 2026 6:48 pm Minishoot' Adventures which got ported to console recently. It's like what if a classic 2D Zelda was also a twin stick shooter with a little ship. It's a really solid genre mashup that I've been playing through.
I bought it now from Steam. We'll see how it is. You're usually on point with your Indie recs, although Hades isnt for me.
Oh I loved Hades. I'm a big Supergiant fan. I've got to pick up Hades 2. But I'm a roguelike sicko. I love those style of games, which just might not be your thing.

I just wrapped up Minishoot. It's good. Very charming. The ship feels really good to move about. It has a nice checklist kind of feel to mopping up all the objectives too. So if you like doing that in a old-school Zelda type of game. You'll probably like this.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
Tommy_Hawk
Posts: 16212
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:14 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Crimson Desert. Its vast. Theres so many options. Ive played 30 hours and havent even scratched the surface


The first few hours are kind of boring, doing tutorial stuff, but it opens up and gets fun.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

Hades 2 just got ported to console, so I'm playing through that. The art and animation are just an unreal quality. Maybe the best I've seen from Supergiant yet. Their art is truly without peer in the medium. Darren Korb doing the music again, who is great.

It's a bit more verbose than Hades. Which I thought the writing and narrative was a huge selling point for people who aren't traditionally into roguelikes for the first Hades. The gameplay hasn't hooked me the same way yet, but I'm still kind of figuring out Melinoe as opposed to Zagreus.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
Herky
Posts: 17477
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Mar-a-Lago

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Herky »

MLB The Show 26. Currently grinding in Diamond Dynasty. Will start a Cubs one probably this weekend. Trying to get some Diamond sponsors before I do to maximize cash intake.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Finished Mass Effect and into Mass Effect 2 now.

Un-modded Fallout 4 playthrough. Siding with the Minutemen and settlement building. Going to chase the last few achievements I have left to get. Currently Level 100.
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

I also started playing some of Vampire Crawlers: The Turbo Wildcard from Vampire Survivors. That's a good game. I am a fan of roguelikes. I like deck builders. I loved Vampire Survivors when that came out. It's a good one of those.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

I've playing Forza Horizon 6. It's very good. I played a bunch of Forza Horizon 5 and that was my first one of these. Forza Horizon 6 more of the same, but in Japan as opposed to Mexico. It's a good time.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

007 First Light I will probably pick up down the road and play through that. I'm not a big James Bond fan, but I am a fan of IO Interactive. 88 on Opencritic, so very well regarded. The recent Hitman trilogy are all amazing games. Sounds like they put out another banger.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
jffl_commish
Posts: 28420
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by jffl_commish »

Anyone played AC Shadows? I just started yesterday. Kind of takes a bit to get into it, but could be epic
Let's get Tropical
User avatar
jffl_commish
Posts: 28420
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by jffl_commish »

jffl_commish wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 5:50 pm Anyone played AC Shadows? I just started yesterday. Kind of takes a bit to get into it, but could be epic
The world is so huge and there are so many things... I need to skip the contracts I think and just do side quests. I don't even know what the hell the main quest is. Just kill lots of shady dudes.
Let's get Tropical
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

I've started going through Mina the Hollower by Yacht Club Games. Its like a mix between a Gameboy color era legend of Zelda and has Dark Souls mechanics. I'm early, but it's really good so far.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
jffl_commish
Posts: 28420
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by jffl_commish »

jffl_commish wrote: ↑Fri Jun 12, 2026 5:17 pm
jffl_commish wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 5:50 pm Anyone played AC Shadows? I just started yesterday. Kind of takes a bit to get into it, but could be epic
The world is so huge and there are so many things... I need to skip the contracts I think and just do side quests. I don't even know what the hell the main quest is. Just kill lots of shady dudes.
Update again: I did some review reading and kind of wish I did before I started. Super repetitive. No real story. The voice actors kind of blow too.
Let's get Tropical
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

I beat Mina the Hollower. It's perfect for any kind of handheld. So like a Steam Deck or a Switch or something is the perfect form factor for it. One of the highest reviewed games this year for $20. I think it's really solid.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

Playing alot of 33 Immortals since that went 1.0. From Thunder Lotus that team that did Spiritfarer. This is way different. It's a co-op roguelike where you raid with up to 33 people but can only communicate to everyone through little graphical emotes the game gives you. So it's like what if you had a pick up and play MMO raid with much less time investment and all the people you meet are trying to work together to defeat the dungeon boss and lose as few people as possible along the way.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Post Reply