Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Any Outdoor Runners?

User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Sun Apr 12, 2026 9:22 pm
Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sun Apr 12, 2026 9:16 pm Well fellas, can't say I was totally amped up to get this run in, but by golly, sometimes you just gotta sack uip and force yourself to leave the house. Yes, weeks 1 through 3 on 40 mg of Latuda have certainly been interesting. Depression is trending in the right direction, but holy moly has the anxiety been ratcheting up at times. Watch says I only got 3 hrs and 42 minutes of sleep last night, but just takes a while for the mind to adjust. Not too often you gotta worry about overheating in mid-April, but we came prepared with a gallon of water to dump over my head every few miles in the heat of the day. Popped an electrolyte tab at mile 42 for good measure. 3,409 feet of ascent on the day, about 1,500 less than 2 weeks ago, but still nearly pulled a sub 12 hr. All that said, we are now just TWELVE days out from the next race, so broke in the new pair of shoes today. 1 small toe blister, but overall not bad.

Image
good job. i actually thought it was going to be a lot more humid today, but putting in a shift like yours would be tough on a day like today. what do you do, when you're not sleeping? i youtube myself to sleep when i get up late in the night. set a timer and i'm usually sleeping by the time it shuts off.
Was a little worried about the temps too, especially since one of the side effects of this med is trouble regulating one's body temperature, but between the cooler full of Dews, dumping water over the head, and a nice breeze coming off the lake at times, I never felt too bad. Falling asleep hasn't been an issue for me, but too many nights I wake up after 4 hours or so and have a hard time falling back asleep. I think watching YouTube in the middle of the night would be too stimulating for me, but glad you found something that works.
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by weimy froob »

Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sun Apr 12, 2026 9:47 pm
weimy froob wrote: ↑Sun Apr 12, 2026 9:22 pm
Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sun Apr 12, 2026 9:16 pm Well fellas, can't say I was totally amped up to get this run in, but by golly, sometimes you just gotta sack uip and force yourself to leave the house. Yes, weeks 1 through 3 on 40 mg of Latuda have certainly been interesting. Depression is trending in the right direction, but holy moly has the anxiety been ratcheting up at times. Watch says I only got 3 hrs and 42 minutes of sleep last night, but just takes a while for the mind to adjust. Not too often you gotta worry about overheating in mid-April, but we came prepared with a gallon of water to dump over my head every few miles in the heat of the day. Popped an electrolyte tab at mile 42 for good measure. 3,409 feet of ascent on the day, about 1,500 less than 2 weeks ago, but still nearly pulled a sub 12 hr. All that said, we are now just TWELVE days out from the next race, so broke in the new pair of shoes today. 1 small toe blister, but overall not bad.

Image
good job. i actually thought it was going to be a lot more humid today, but putting in a shift like yours would be tough on a day like today. what do you do, when you're not sleeping? i youtube myself to sleep when i get up late in the night. set a timer and i'm usually sleeping by the time it shuts off.
Was a little worried about the temps too, especially since one of the side effects of this med is trouble regulating one's body temperature, but between the cooler full of Dews, dumping water over the head, and a nice breeze coming off the lake at times, I never felt too bad. Falling asleep hasn't been an issue for me, but too many nights I wake up after 4 hours or so and have a hard time falling back asleep. I think watching YouTube in the middle of the night would be too stimulating for me, but glad you found something that works.
it's after i have to get up to take a piss. it's hard to fall back asleep for me too. so it's not watching youtube, but listening to something and it can put me to sleep. i can also be in and out of sleep for the rest of the night. nothing is solid from after three until i get up around seven. does your mind race when you're up and not watching/listening to anything?
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Sun Apr 12, 2026 9:52 pm
Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sun Apr 12, 2026 9:47 pm
weimy froob wrote: ↑Sun Apr 12, 2026 9:22 pm

good job. i actually thought it was going to be a lot more humid today, but putting in a shift like yours would be tough on a day like today. what do you do, when you're not sleeping? i youtube myself to sleep when i get up late in the night. set a timer and i'm usually sleeping by the time it shuts off.
Was a little worried about the temps too, especially since one of the side effects of this med is trouble regulating one's body temperature, but between the cooler full of Dews, dumping water over the head, and a nice breeze coming off the lake at times, I never felt too bad. Falling asleep hasn't been an issue for me, but too many nights I wake up after 4 hours or so and have a hard time falling back asleep. I think watching YouTube in the middle of the night would be too stimulating for me, but glad you found something that works.
it's after i have to get up to take a piss. it's hard to fall back asleep for me too. so it's not watching youtube, but listening to something and it can put me to sleep. i can also be in and out of sleep for the rest of the night. nothing is solid from after three until i get up around seven. does your mind race when you're up and not watching/listening to anything?
No racing thoughts here lately. Just a bunch of tossing/turning/frustration of not being able to fall back asleep which sure as heck doesn't help matters. Usually just takes me a month or 2 to adjust to new meds, so toughing it out for now.
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Less than 4 hours til the gun goes off and the weather looks glorious! 2 bagels and a handful of donut holes have been consumed for breakfast with Dew, brownie bites, donut holes, granola bars, and fruit snacks to be available at home base. Planning on changing socks/lubricating feet every 5 hours. 24 hours/100 miles would be nice, but guess I would settle for 18/75. Just depends how the stomach/feet hold up.
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

So far so good 4 hours in.
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

19 down LFG.
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

23...
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

And there is twenty mother f'n four. Time for some extra credit. Shin splints in action tho.
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Tapped out. Goes down in the books as 104.167 miles in 25 hours.
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by weimy froob »

Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sat Apr 25, 2026 2:23 pm Tapped out. Goes down in the books as 104.167 miles in 25 hours.
awesome! now what are the details on this race? where was it and all the other stuff.
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Sat Apr 25, 2026 2:26 pm
Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sat Apr 25, 2026 2:23 pm Tapped out. Goes down in the books as 104.167 miles in 25 hours.
awesome! now what are the details on this race? where was it and all the other stuff.
Maple Grove. Gotta run a 4.167 mile loop every hour starting at the top of every hour. Fail to run 4.167 miles within any hour and your race is over. Did a leisurely stroll on hour 26 for good measure. Generally finished every 4.167 mile loop with 10 minutes to spare to give myself enough time to go to the bathroom/rehydrate/refuel. Still a deceptively difficult format. This Latuda is doing wonders for the bipolar fatigue. Too bad it's drying the hell out of my mouth, so may have to try something different if things don't improve soon. Doing the same format race in West Virginia in 4 weeks. Hope I'll be ready.
Image
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by weimy froob »

Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sat Apr 25, 2026 2:47 pm
weimy froob wrote: ↑Sat Apr 25, 2026 2:26 pm
Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sat Apr 25, 2026 2:23 pm Tapped out. Goes down in the books as 104.167 miles in 25 hours.
awesome! now what are the details on this race? where was it and all the other stuff.
Maple Grove. Gotta run a 4.167 mile loop every hour starting at the top of every hour. Fail to run 4.167 miles within any hour and your race is over. Did a leisurely stroll on hour 26 for good measure. Generally finished every 4.167 mile loop with 10 minutes to spare to give myself enough time to go to the bathroom/rehydrate/refuel. Still a deceptively difficult format. This Latuda is doing wonders for the bipolar fatigue. Too bad it's drying the hell out of my mouth, so may have to try something different if things don't improve soon. Doing the same format race in West Virginia in 4 weeks. Hope I'll be ready.
Image
heckuva day to say the least. those are fast miles for the duration of the competition. right now i'm battling a head cold and actually took the day off because i've been just hacking for about as long as you were running, so to think of what you went through even penetrates more when I know how I feel. first day off since I had that episode of stomach flu in January and I feel guilty about not going for a bike ride today, but when I get up to do anything I realize I made the right decision. maybe a half routine tomorrow. anyways, how'd the feet hold up? any other things pop up besides the dry mouth?
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Sat Apr 25, 2026 5:55 pm
Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sat Apr 25, 2026 2:47 pm
weimy froob wrote: ↑Sat Apr 25, 2026 2:26 pm

awesome! now what are the details on this race? where was it and all the other stuff.
Maple Grove. Gotta run a 4.167 mile loop every hour starting at the top of every hour. Fail to run 4.167 miles within any hour and your race is over. Did a leisurely stroll on hour 26 for good measure. Generally finished every 4.167 mile loop with 10 minutes to spare to give myself enough time to go to the bathroom/rehydrate/refuel. Still a deceptively difficult format. This Latuda is doing wonders for the bipolar fatigue. Too bad it's drying the hell out of my mouth, so may have to try something different if things don't improve soon. Doing the same format race in West Virginia in 4 weeks. Hope I'll be ready.
Image
heckuva day to say the least. those are fast miles for the duration of the competition. right now i'm battling a head cold and actually took the day off because i've been just hacking for about as long as you were running, so to think of what you went through even penetrates more when I know how I feel. first day off since I had that episode of stomach flu in January and I feel guilty about not going for a bike ride today, but when I get up to do anything I realize I made the right decision. maybe a half routine tomorrow. anyways, how'd the feet hold up? any other things pop up besides the dry mouth?
Tomorrow's another day. Felt a small blister creep up around hour 14 or so, so took a safety pin to it, changed socks and was good thereafter. Haven't gotten shin splints in a while, but they came on hard the last couple of loops. Was able to stomach solid food for the first 60ish miles (mostly brownies) before relying on Dew for the rest of the event. Planning on getting some Casey's Pizza tomorrow morning or whenever I wake up.
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by weimy froob »

Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sat Apr 25, 2026 7:23 pm
weimy froob wrote: ↑Sat Apr 25, 2026 5:55 pm
Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sat Apr 25, 2026 2:47 pm

Maple Grove. Gotta run a 4.167 mile loop every hour starting at the top of every hour. Fail to run 4.167 miles within any hour and your race is over. Did a leisurely stroll on hour 26 for good measure. Generally finished every 4.167 mile loop with 10 minutes to spare to give myself enough time to go to the bathroom/rehydrate/refuel. Still a deceptively difficult format. This Latuda is doing wonders for the bipolar fatigue. Too bad it's drying the hell out of my mouth, so may have to try something different if things don't improve soon. Doing the same format race in West Virginia in 4 weeks. Hope I'll be ready.
Image
heckuva day to say the least. those are fast miles for the duration of the competition. right now i'm battling a head cold and actually took the day off because i've been just hacking for about as long as you were running, so to think of what you went through even penetrates more when I know how I feel. first day off since I had that episode of stomach flu in January and I feel guilty about not going for a bike ride today, but when I get up to do anything I realize I made the right decision. maybe a half routine tomorrow. anyways, how'd the feet hold up? any other things pop up besides the dry mouth?
Tomorrow's another day. Felt a small blister creep up around hour 14 or so, so took a safety pin to it, changed socks and was good thereafter. Haven't gotten shin splints in a while, but they came on hard the last couple of loops. Was able to stomach solid food for the first 60ish miles (mostly brownies) before relying on Dew for the rest of the event. Planning on getting some Casey's Pizza tomorrow morning or whenever I wake up.
running thru shin splints? that's not easy. how long does it take for them to go away? hopefully you have a good restorative sleep of 12 plus hours.
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Sat Apr 25, 2026 7:33 pm
Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sat Apr 25, 2026 7:23 pm
weimy froob wrote: ↑Sat Apr 25, 2026 5:55 pm

heckuva day to say the least. those are fast miles for the duration of the competition. right now i'm battling a head cold and actually took the day off because i've been just hacking for about as long as you were running, so to think of what you went through even penetrates more when I know how I feel. first day off since I had that episode of stomach flu in January and I feel guilty about not going for a bike ride today, but when I get up to do anything I realize I made the right decision. maybe a half routine tomorrow. anyways, how'd the feet hold up? any other things pop up besides the dry mouth?
Tomorrow's another day. Felt a small blister creep up around hour 14 or so, so took a safety pin to it, changed socks and was good thereafter. Haven't gotten shin splints in a while, but they came on hard the last couple of loops. Was able to stomach solid food for the first 60ish miles (mostly brownies) before relying on Dew for the rest of the event. Planning on getting some Casey's Pizza tomorrow morning or whenever I wake up.
running thru shin splints? that's not easy. how long does it take for them to go away? hopefully you have a good restorative sleep of 12 plus hours.
Last time I got shin splints, took maybe a week and I was feeling fresh again. Woke up feeling refreshed after just 8 hours, but we'll see if the nap temptation pops up later. And yes, I just finished 3/4 of a large, Casey's "ultimate meat" pizza. Not sure what I'm gonna do for dinner yet.
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Well fellas, another late inning Twins collapse called for a leisurely 11 and a half mile stroll out to the Bloomington IHOP. Was actually gonna do it win or lose, but either way, the double chocolate chip pancakes were top notch. Was a little disappointed my left shin started aching again, so with 20 days to go until the next race, we'll probably be doing more elliptical work. Maybe I shouldn't have done that speed session on the treadmill last night. 446 calories seems pretty low for 11+ miles, even if it was just walking.
Image
Image
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by weimy froob »

Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sat May 02, 2026 8:30 pm Well fellas, another late inning Twins collapse called for a leisurely 11 and a half mile stroll out to the Bloomington IHOP. Was actually gonna do it win or lose, but either way, the double chocolate chip pancakes were top notch. Was a little disappointed my left shin started aching again, so with 20 days to go until the next race, we'll probably be doing more elliptical work. Maybe I shouldn't have done that speed session on the treadmill last night. 446 calories seems pretty low for 11+ miles, even if it was just walking.
Image
Image
that's a very brisk walk. seems like it could almost be at the pace of those competitive walkers. not good about the shin ache, but glad you rewarded yourself with a good pancake meal. i'm more of a strawberry roll ups from Perkins guy myself. haven't had them for decades, but I still remember. :coolio:
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Sun May 03, 2026 8:15 am
Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sat May 02, 2026 8:30 pm Well fellas, another late inning Twins collapse called for a leisurely 11 and a half mile stroll out to the Bloomington IHOP. Was actually gonna do it win or lose, but either way, the double chocolate chip pancakes were top notch. Was a little disappointed my left shin started aching again, so with 20 days to go until the next race, we'll probably be doing more elliptical work. Maybe I shouldn't have done that speed session on the treadmill last night. 446 calories seems pretty low for 11+ miles, even if it was just walking.
Image
Image
that's a very brisk walk. seems like it could almost be at the pace of those competitive walkers. not good about the shin ache, but glad you rewarded yourself with a good pancake meal. i'm more of a strawberry roll ups from Perkins guy myself. haven't had them for decades, but I still remember. :coolio:
Those strawberry roll ups sound dandy. Just checked the Perkins menu, but alas it looks like they are no more.
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by weimy froob »

Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sun May 03, 2026 2:13 pm
weimy froob wrote: ↑Sun May 03, 2026 8:15 am
Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sat May 02, 2026 8:30 pm Well fellas, another late inning Twins collapse called for a leisurely 11 and a half mile stroll out to the Bloomington IHOP. Was actually gonna do it win or lose, but either way, the double chocolate chip pancakes were top notch. Was a little disappointed my left shin started aching again, so with 20 days to go until the next race, we'll probably be doing more elliptical work. Maybe I shouldn't have done that speed session on the treadmill last night. 446 calories seems pretty low for 11+ miles, even if it was just walking.
Image
Image
that's a very brisk walk. seems like it could almost be at the pace of those competitive walkers. not good about the shin ache, but glad you rewarded yourself with a good pancake meal. i'm more of a strawberry roll ups from Perkins guy myself. haven't had them for decades, but I still remember. :coolio:
Those strawberry roll ups sound dandy. Just checked the Perkins menu, but alas it looks like they are no more.
no more strawberry roll ups at Perkins? that's a travesty.
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Alright fellas, as has been stated, trying to take it easy on the tibia with just 13 days to go until the next race, so to the elliptical we went for one final endurance session before the big event. came out guns blazin for the first 4 hours or so, but as has been in the case in the past on that machine, it wasn't too long thereafter before the quads started tightening up to the point where I was alternating 15-30 minutes on the machine with 15 minutes of rest. Still eclipsed 5,500 calories, although the watch seems to be pretty inconsistent in the way it records that data, so not sure I'm going to put too much stock into it. Interestingly enough, I didn't drink any sugar water and instead got by strictly on granola bars. Stomach getting stronger I guess

Image
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by weimy froob »

12 plus hours at 122 BPM is a heckuva workout. i'll give you a little higher rating on the aerobic chart. shin feeling good?
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Sun May 10, 2026 7:27 am 12 plus hours at 122 BPM is a heckuva workout. i'll give you a little higher rating on the aerobic chart. shin feeling good?
Shin feels ok for the most part - only time I feel a bit of soreness is if I'm sitting down and lift my toes up. Main concern is how it will hold up come race day. That and the extended forecast calls for highs in the mid 80s, so not feeling as confident that I'll be able to go 100+miles in this one like I did my last race. Granted this race starts at 7 PM so temps shouldn't be too uncomfortable for the first 12-15 hours. Afternoon might be rough, though.
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by weimy froob »

Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sun May 10, 2026 7:58 am
weimy froob wrote: ↑Sun May 10, 2026 7:27 am 12 plus hours at 122 BPM is a heckuva workout. i'll give you a little higher rating on the aerobic chart. shin feeling good?
Shin feels ok for the most part - only time I feel a bit of soreness is if I'm sitting down and lift my toes up. Main concern is how it will hold up come race day. That and the extended forecast calls for highs in the mid 80s, so not feeling as confident that I'll be able to go 100+miles in this one like I did my last race. Granted this race starts at 7 PM so temps shouldn't be too uncomfortable for the first 12-15 hours. Afternoon might be rough, though.
good luck. give it your best shot, but shut it down if it gets too painful and live for the next race day. don't want to break that bone and be out of commission for awhile. I wouldn't be in a good way if I was to have to shut down the daily exercise for an extended period of time. thankfully that hasn't happened for a very long time. you probably wouldn't like it too much either.
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Sun May 10, 2026 8:05 am
Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sun May 10, 2026 7:58 am
weimy froob wrote: ↑Sun May 10, 2026 7:27 am 12 plus hours at 122 BPM is a heckuva workout. i'll give you a little higher rating on the aerobic chart. shin feeling good?
Shin feels ok for the most part - only time I feel a bit of soreness is if I'm sitting down and lift my toes up. Main concern is how it will hold up come race day. That and the extended forecast calls for highs in the mid 80s, so not feeling as confident that I'll be able to go 100+miles in this one like I did my last race. Granted this race starts at 7 PM so temps shouldn't be too uncomfortable for the first 12-15 hours. Afternoon might be rough, though.
good luck. give it your best shot, but shut it down if it gets too painful and live for the next race day. don't want to break that bone and be out of commission for awhile. I wouldn't be in a good way if I was to have to shut down the daily exercise for an extended period of time. thankfully that hasn't happened for a very long time. you probably wouldn't like it too much either.
Yup, already signed up for a couple other summer races, so trying not to end up on the IL. Good thing about this format of race where I gotta go 4.2 miles every hour is that I gotta keep up a respectable pace or it's game over. A lot of other races you can just power walk the entire thing and still finish.
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Well, we are officially settled into our hotel and are less than 24 hours til the bonanza. Wish I could say I was more optimistic, but the left leg is still getting some odd sensations at times, so even getting to the marathon mark might be an accomplishment. Lots of rain forecasted which ain't gonna help matters either, but you can't win if you don't show up. Wal-Mart trip tomorrow morning for some carbs and storage containers, then we'll throw on these compression socks I just got off Amazon, insert some insoles in my shoes and hope for the best.
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Well, I guess that went better than expected in a sense. The left leg that I was so concerned about turned out to hold up ok. It was actually the right leg that was feeling tender early on and even that went away after a while. So what doomed me? That, my friends, would be the gut again. Yup, think I took in more calories than necessary between laps and when I couldn't get away with power walking my way through the course and had to actually run for extended periods, up came the Creamy Coconut Dr. Pepper and other junk food. Hell, Just tried drinking some water after sitting down for half an hour and couldn't even hold that down. Nauzene and ginger root have been consumed, so hopefully this does the trick and I won't have to worry about puking in the rental car. Bottom line: as long as I hopefully didn't do any long term damage, I'm not gonna cry too much. Look at that heart rate...
Image
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by weimy froob »

Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sat May 23, 2026 9:52 am Well, I guess that went better than expected in a sense. The left leg that I was so concerned about turned out to hold up ok. It was actually the right leg that was feeling tender early on and even that went away after a while. So what doomed me? That, my friends, would be the gut again. Yup, think I took in more calories than necessary between laps and when I couldn't get away with power walking my way through the course and had to actually run for extended periods, up came the Creamy Coconut Dr. Pepper and other junk food. Hell, Just tried drinking some water after sitting down for half an hour and couldn't even hold that down. Nauzene and ginger root have been consumed, so hopefully this does the trick and I won't have to worry about puking in the rental car. Bottom line: as long as I hopefully didn't do any long term damage, I'm not gonna cry too much. Look at that heart rate...
Image
this that loop around race where you have to finish in a certain time? where was it at?
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Sat May 23, 2026 6:02 pm
Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sat May 23, 2026 9:52 am Well, I guess that went better than expected in a sense. The left leg that I was so concerned about turned out to hold up ok. It was actually the right leg that was feeling tender early on and even that went away after a while. So what doomed me? That, my friends, would be the gut again. Yup, think I took in more calories than necessary between laps and when I couldn't get away with power walking my way through the course and had to actually run for extended periods, up came the Creamy Coconut Dr. Pepper and other junk food. Hell, Just tried drinking some water after sitting down for half an hour and couldn't even hold that down. Nauzene and ginger root have been consumed, so hopefully this does the trick and I won't have to worry about puking in the rental car. Bottom line: as long as I hopefully didn't do any long term damage, I'm not gonna cry too much. Look at that heart rate...
Image
this that loop around race where you have to finish in a certain time? where was it at?
Yup. 4.2 miles every hour beginning at the top of every hour. Might be time for another med adjustment. Either way, flew into Columbus Thursday night and drove 4 hours south to the WV/KY border in a beautiful red Camry.
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Well fellas, it was a close call, but we did finish the job with minutes to spare ahead of the 13 hour mark. Even skipped my last routine Mountain Dew pit stop to make sure we hit our deadline. Not as mighty as the 12:06 effort I put up on a hillier trail just 7 weeks ago, but when the Latuda has all but lost its effectiveness, the June sun has already got ya sweating hard by mid-morning, AND the electrolyte tabs are stuck in the container thereby forcing you to slow down to avoid getting sick, THIS is the result. Yup, departed shortly after 9 PM Saturday and clocked out around 10 AM this morning having not been too too heat adapted and all that. At least neither leg was bugging me? 4 more weeks and we'll be driving north of the border for the next competition. Hopefully the stomach cooperates this time with the help of some Wellbutrin which I anticipate on initiating within the next week or 2 once the Latuda taper is complete.

Image
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Any Outdoor Runners?

Post by weimy froob »

Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Sun Jun 07, 2026 11:24 am Well fellas, it was a close call, but we did finish the job with minutes to spare ahead of the 13 hour mark. Even skipped my last routine Mountain Dew pit stop to make sure we hit our deadline. Not as mighty as the 12:06 effort I put up on a hillier trail just 7 weeks ago, but when the Latuda has all but lost its effectiveness, the June sun has already got ya sweating hard by mid-morning, AND the electrolyte tabs are stuck in the container thereby forcing you to slow down to avoid getting sick, THIS is the result. Yup, departed shortly after 9 PM Saturday and clocked out around 10 AM this morning having not been too too heat adapted and all that. At least neither leg was bugging me? 4 more weeks and we'll be driving north of the border for the next competition. Hopefully the stomach cooperates this time with the help of some Wellbutrin which I anticipate on initiating within the next week or 2 once the Latuda taper is complete.

Image
good job. heart wasn't working too hard. I had a little tummy upset when I started out this morning too. that's not normal for me. not sure what was up with that, but it was humid. this was at 11. I'd guess it was humid when you were finishing up this morning as well.
Post Reply