Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Moderator: Sylvester Stallone

Post Reply
boxter432
Posts: 14182
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:35 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by boxter432 »

day 1 Finch better have Melo and Rudy play 2 man game 10000x per practice to get Melo accurate on his passes. I swear only Conley and maybe KA could pass a ball that Rudy could catch. If Melo can break down on the wing and find Rudy, he could just feast on free hoops and probably average a few pts higher back into mid teens.
aztimberwolves
Posts: 3475
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by aztimberwolves »

Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 6:13 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 5:20 pm Christ I can't believe I have to route for Ball. Gross

BUT

He absolutely raises the ceiling for this team over Naz.

This is our home run swing. There is no denying that when Ball is "on" he can absolutely be elite. But he's also dumb as a box of rocks.
This is it for me too.


Someone on the radio today said Ball is the ultimate feast or famine player. There will undoubtedly be nights where they look like the best tandem in the NBA. But I bet we lose some games for confounding reasons too.

We need frontcourt help, but it doesn’t need to be dynamic. Someone who can shoot a little and rebound and not be a liability on defense. A Harrison Barnes type.

Not sure who’s out there that would be a good fit. But right now Rudy and Beringer ain’t enough. And I’m not sure Joan can play the 4. I’m damn sure Rudy can’t.
We might lose some confounding games next year for sure, but this season we had to lead the league in confounding losses.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
Posts: 52134
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by RubeTube »

This is the real Decade of Dimes. Enjoy it.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master

FUCK TRUMP!

FUCK ICE!
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129083
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by weimy froob »

aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 7:16 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 6:13 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 5:20 pm Christ I can't believe I have to route for Ball. Gross

BUT

He absolutely raises the ceiling for this team over Naz.

This is our home run swing. There is no denying that when Ball is "on" he can absolutely be elite. But he's also dumb as a box of rocks.
This is it for me too.


Someone on the radio today said Ball is the ultimate feast or famine player. There will undoubtedly be nights where they look like the best tandem in the NBA. But I bet we lose some games for confounding reasons too.

We need frontcourt help, but it doesn’t need to be dynamic. Someone who can shoot a little and rebound and not be a liability on defense. A Harrison Barnes type.

Not sure who’s out there that would be a good fit. But right now Rudy and Beringer ain’t enough. And I’m not sure Joan can play the 4. I’m damn sure Rudy can’t.
We might lose some confounding games next year for sure, but this season we had to lead the league in confounding losses.
the two bad losses early. one in Phoenix and another one against Sac I think. also, a tough Laker loss when they didn't have Luka. Portland late. but there were also some real improbable/exciting wins. Houston I think there were two against. also the Denver series. I thought it was a fun year of basketball and they might've lost worse games the previous year against some zombie rosters. GS and Indy. of course, then a great run to stay out of the play in. Wolves basketball. Howl.

on to the 4. my guess is that Jaden is going to be playing a lot of minutes in that slot. they'll figure it out.
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92174
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Beef Supreme »

aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 7:16 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 6:13 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 5:20 pm Christ I can't believe I have to route for Ball. Gross

BUT

He absolutely raises the ceiling for this team over Naz.

This is our home run swing. There is no denying that when Ball is "on" he can absolutely be elite. But he's also dumb as a box of rocks.
This is it for me too.


Someone on the radio today said Ball is the ultimate feast or famine player. There will undoubtedly be nights where they look like the best tandem in the NBA. But I bet we lose some games for confounding reasons too.

We need frontcourt help, but it doesn’t need to be dynamic. Someone who can shoot a little and rebound and not be a liability on defense. A Harrison Barnes type.

Not sure who’s out there that would be a good fit. But right now Rudy and Beringer ain’t enough. And I’m not sure Joan can play the 4. I’m damn sure Rudy can’t.
We might lose some confounding games next year for sure, but this season we had to lead the league in confounding losses.
The question is whether or not a team so constructed can take a step forward. I really have no idea. I just hope Ball is healthy enough for us to find out.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
Posts: 52134
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by RubeTube »

Has this team ever had two stars like this at this age?

Marbury and KG is probably the last.

Rudy better improve those brick hands because some delish dimes are about to come his way.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master

FUCK TRUMP!

FUCK ICE!
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129083
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by weimy froob »

User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129083
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by weimy froob »

RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 7:33 pm Has this team ever had two stars like this at this age?

Marbury and KG is probably the last.

Rudy better improve those brick hands because some delish dimes are about to come his way.
Joan, guy. it's gonna be great.
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129083
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by weimy froob »

User avatar
Phil Leotardo
Posts: 1389
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:33 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Phil Leotardo »

RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 7:33 pm Has this team ever had two stars like this at this age?

Marbury and KG is probably the last.

Rudy better improve those brick hands because some delish dimes are about to come his way.
I wonder if Rudy is still here on opening night.
That's right cocksucker! Go back to New Jersey!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
Posts: 52134
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by RubeTube »

Phil Leotardo wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 7:53 pm
RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 7:33 pm Has this team ever had two stars like this at this age?

Marbury and KG is probably the last.

Rudy better improve those brick hands because some delish dimes are about to come his way.
I wonder if Rudy is still here on opening night.
I prefer they keep Rudy unless there is some other blockbuster in the works. Just beed to find someone at the PF spot right now.

Is there any way the Wolves can add Brown now in a trade?

Just a hypothetical but let me ask… Would you guys trade Jaden and Gobert for Brown?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master

FUCK TRUMP!

FUCK ICE!
User avatar
Phil Leotardo
Posts: 1389
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:33 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Phil Leotardo »

RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:03 pm
Phil Leotardo wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 7:53 pm
RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 7:33 pm Has this team ever had two stars like this at this age?

Marbury and KG is probably the last.

Rudy better improve those brick hands because some delish dimes are about to come his way.
I wonder if Rudy is still here on opening night.
I prefer they keep Rudy unless there is some other blockbuster in the works. Just beed to find someone at the PF spot right now.

Is there any way the Wolves can add Brown now in a trade?

Just a hypothetical but let me ask… Would you guys trade Jaden and Gobert for Brown?
I'm not sure they could, even if they wanted to. Isn't Brown going to be making some absurd amount of money in the next 2 years? Like 67 million in '27 or '28?
That's right cocksucker! Go back to New Jersey!
Mnwild1128
Posts: 5483
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:47 am
Location: 2nd username. Been on here since around 2008-ish

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Mnwild1128 »

So should we limit Melos minutes load like Hornets did last season? He averaged only 28 mpg. Seems like that might have helped him for injuries and enabling him to play more games. Personally, i think i would do that.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
Posts: 52134
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by RubeTube »

Phil Leotardo wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:11 pm
RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:03 pm
Phil Leotardo wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 7:53 pm

I wonder if Rudy is still here on opening night.
I prefer they keep Rudy unless there is some other blockbuster in the works. Just beed to find someone at the PF spot right now.

Is there any way the Wolves can add Brown now in a trade?

Just a hypothetical but let me ask… Would you guys trade Jaden and Gobert for Brown?
I'm not sure they could, even if they wanted to. Isn't Brown going to be making some absurd amount of money in the next 2 years? Like 67 million in '27 or '28?
Ya, I am not sure on the contracts as I don’t follow every intricacy of the ASSOCIATION anymore.

I am just asking just talent wise, would you make that trade?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master

FUCK TRUMP!

FUCK ICE!
User avatar
Phil Leotardo
Posts: 1389
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:33 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Phil Leotardo »

RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:15 pm
Phil Leotardo wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:11 pm
RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:03 pm

I prefer they keep Rudy unless there is some other blockbuster in the works. Just beed to find someone at the PF spot right now.

Is there any way the Wolves can add Brown now in a trade?

Just a hypothetical but let me ask… Would you guys trade Jaden and Gobert for Brown?
I'm not sure they could, even if they wanted to. Isn't Brown going to be making some absurd amount of money in the next 2 years? Like 67 million in '27 or '28?
Ya, I am not sure on the contracts as I don’t follow every intricacy of the ASSOCIATION anymore.

I am just asking just talent wise, would you make that trade?
I don't know a ton about Brown's game. But I think the Wolves would be VERY thin depthwise, and VERY small.
That's right cocksucker! Go back to New Jersey!
Mnwild1128
Posts: 5483
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:47 am
Location: 2nd username. Been on here since around 2008-ish

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Mnwild1128 »

Phil Leotardo wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:11 pm
RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:03 pm
Phil Leotardo wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 7:53 pm

I wonder if Rudy is still here on opening night.
I prefer they keep Rudy unless there is some other blockbuster in the works. Just beed to find someone at the PF spot right now.

Is there any way the Wolves can add Brown now in a trade?

Just a hypothetical but let me ask… Would you guys trade Jaden and Gobert for Brown?
I'm not sure they could, even if they wanted to. Isn't Brown going to be making some absurd amount of money in the next 2 years? Like 67 million in '27 or '28?
We would be taking back 5.7 million less in salary for that trade. I think they would 100% accept that. Probably would want to add center Queta as well coming back to us at 2.6 million.
Last edited by Mnwild1128 on Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mnwild1128
Posts: 5483
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:47 am
Location: 2nd username. Been on here since around 2008-ish

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Mnwild1128 »

RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:15 pm
Phil Leotardo wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:11 pm
RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:03 pm

I prefer they keep Rudy unless there is some other blockbuster in the works. Just beed to find someone at the PF spot right now.

Is there any way the Wolves can add Brown now in a trade?

Just a hypothetical but let me ask… Would you guys trade Jaden and Gobert for Brown?
I'm not sure they could, even if they wanted to. Isn't Brown going to be making some absurd amount of money in the next 2 years? Like 67 million in '27 or '28?
Ya, I am not sure on the contracts as I don’t follow every intricacy of the ASSOCIATION anymore.

I am just asking just talent wise, would you make that trade?
If you could guarantee me Beringer next season turns into what Jarrett Allen was on the Nets then i would. We would have to go find one more big though in Free agency. I wonder if Yabusele could do the Randle thing on D versus Wemby. Get up in his hips. He has same body type as Randle.
User avatar
Style
Posts: 4834
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:57 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Style »

RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:03 pm
Phil Leotardo wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 7:53 pm
RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 7:33 pm Has this team ever had two stars like this at this age?

Marbury and KG is probably the last.

Rudy better improve those brick hands because some delish dimes are about to come his way.
I wonder if Rudy is still here on opening night.
I prefer they keep Rudy unless there is some other blockbuster in the works. Just beed to find someone at the PF spot right now.

Is there any way the Wolves can add Brown now in a trade?

Just a hypothetical but let me ask… Would you guys trade Jaden and Gobert for Brown?
No
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
User avatar
flexbuffchest
Posts: 27091
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by flexbuffchest »

After thinking about it, I'm mildly happy.

This team as constructed wasn't going anywhere and didn't have much untapped potential. Ball, even with all his faults, has the upside (and he's proven he can play at that level) of a top 5 pg. We are in a situation where we have to take a home win swing. The status quo wasn't going to work and betting on Jaden becoming a dominant force on offense isn't a good bet to make.

We had to make a move that massively raises our ceiling but it also simultaneously lowers our floor. It's a fine deal for where we are at.

If Ball and Ant dominate the next few years and both resign here then no one will be complaining.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
User avatar
Style
Posts: 4834
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:57 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Style »

flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:46 pm After thinking about it, I'm mildly happy.

This team as constructed wasn't going anywhere and didn't have much untapped potential. Ball, even with all his faults, has the upside (and he's proven he can play at that level) of a top 5 pg. We are in a situation where we have to take a home win swing. The status quo wasn't going to work and betting on Jaden becoming a dominant force on offense isn't a good bet to make.

We had to make a move that massively raises our ceiling but it also simultaneously lowers our floor. It's a fine deal for where we are at.

If Ball and Ant dominate the next few years and both resign here then no one will be complaining.
I agree with this take. I don’t know how you can be mildly happy though? I’m elated.

I think we were somewhere around the #10 offense last year and it was mostly an absolute eye sore to watch. I think Ball will have us easily in the top 5. I believe his impact will be similar to 2024 Conley in terms of running an effective and efficient offense. Some tweets have been posted about his impact on the Hornets last year. I anticipate Kon will have regression without LaMelo and Jaden will have progression with him. He’s that type of impact facilitator.

Defensively we kept our two elite guys. LaMelo can be a float defender on less talented wings. His rebounding skills will be great here too. 6’7” can make up for issues 6’2” cannot. LaMelo’s offensive weight should also slot Ant into a more prominent defensive role taking a team’s second best perimeter guy. I don’t think we take any steps back defensively - especially knowing Naz was likely a starter if this trade didn’t happen.

Naz is a very likable person, but he’s getting into pretty overrated territory as a player. Expectations of being a $25M starter will soon come for him and I’m not sure he’s that type of player.

The swaps are mostly irrelevant.

The 2033 pick could be valuable, yet if the wheels fall off this thing, there will be the opportunity to recoup a lot of picks with the talent on this roster.

To use terms our Wolves podcasters use, this trade is a franchise floor raiser and also a ceiling raiser.

Absolute homerun.

Also, I was pretty skeptical a few days ago that Lore/A-Rod were going to be Taylor 2.0 in that they stripped the team down due to payroll priorities. Instead, they supported further tax penalties for the benefit of the team. Kudos to them for approving this deal and kudos to Connelly for the skilled maneuvering of contracts to get this roster in such a healthy spot.

HOWL
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
Posts: 52134
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by RubeTube »

flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:46 pm After thinking about it, I'm mildly happy.

This team as constructed wasn't going anywhere and didn't have much untapped potential. Ball, even with all his faults, has the upside (and he's proven he can play at that level) of a top 5 pg. We are in a situation where we have to take a home win swing. The status quo wasn't going to work and betting on Jaden becoming a dominant force on offense isn't a good bet to make.

We had to make a move that massively raises our ceiling but it also simultaneously lowers our floor. It's a fine deal for where we are at.

If Ball and Ant dominate the next few years and both resign here then no one will be complaining.
I don’t think you can complain on the compensation. This might be the first time I have ever seen the Wolves fleece another team in a blockbuster trade, it’s usually the Wolves getting fleeced in these situations.

Naz was mid to me and isn’t a starting caliber player on a high level team imo. Now the picks you can maybe make a case about but either way, the Wolfes got the better end of this deal.

They look to be in a complete rebuild but why not rebuild around Ball who is only 24? Seems odd. I’ve talked about pairing Ant and Ball here for years. This was a great move imo.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master

FUCK TRUMP!

FUCK ICE!
User avatar
witljon
Posts: 27107
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:57 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by witljon »

RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:03 pm
Phil Leotardo wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 7:53 pm
RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 7:33 pm Has this team ever had two stars like this at this age?

Marbury and KG is probably the last.

Rudy better improve those brick hands because some delish dimes are about to come his way.
I wonder if Rudy is still here on opening night.
I prefer they keep Rudy unless there is some other blockbuster in the works. Just beed to find someone at the PF spot right now.

Is there any way the Wolves can add Brown now in a trade?

Just a hypothetical but let me ask… Would you guys trade Jaden and Gobert for Brown?
Nikola Jokic would like to see us do that trade.
Bring ya ass!
User avatar
Jimi_Thing
Posts: 24568
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Style wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 9:07 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:46 pm After thinking about it, I'm mildly happy.

This team as constructed wasn't going anywhere and didn't have much untapped potential. Ball, even with all his faults, has the upside (and he's proven he can play at that level) of a top 5 pg. We are in a situation where we have to take a home win swing. The status quo wasn't going to work and betting on Jaden becoming a dominant force on offense isn't a good bet to make.

We had to make a move that massively raises our ceiling but it also simultaneously lowers our floor. It's a fine deal for where we are at.

If Ball and Ant dominate the next few years and both resign here then no one will be complaining.
I agree with this take. I don’t know how you can be mildly happy though? I’m elated.

I think we were somewhere around the #10 offense last year and it was mostly an absolute eye sore to watch. I think Ball will have us easily in the top 5. I believe his impact will be similar to 2024 Conley in terms of running an effective and efficient offense. Some tweets have been posted about his impact on the Hornets last year. I anticipate Kon will have regression without LaMelo and Jaden will have progression with him. He’s that type of impact facilitator.

Defensively we kept our two elite guys. LaMelo can be a float defender on less talented wings. His rebounding skills will be great here too. 6’7” can make up for issues 6’2” cannot. LaMelo’s offensive weight should also slot Ant into a more prominent defensive role taking a team’s second best perimeter guy. I don’t think we take any steps back defensively - especially knowing Naz was likely a starter if this trade didn’t happen.

Naz is a very likable person, but he’s getting into pretty overrated territory as a player. Expectations of being a $25M starter will soon come for him and I’m not sure he’s that type of player.

The swaps are mostly irrelevant.

The 2033 pick could be valuable, yet if the wheels fall off this thing, there will be the opportunity to recoup a lot of picks with the talent on this roster.

To use terms our Wolves podcasters use, this trade is a franchise floor raiser and also a ceiling raiser.

Absolute homerun.

Also, I was pretty skeptical a few days ago that Lore/A-Rod were going to be Taylor 2.0 in that they stripped the team down due to payroll priorities. Instead, they supported further tax penalties for the benefit of the team. Kudos to them for approving this deal and kudos to Connelly for the skilled maneuvering of contracts to get this roster in such a healthy spot.

HOWL
Yeah. I really think both Ayo (which we’ve already seen glimpses of) and Ball are going to help bring Jaden to another level.

I’m excited about that.
User avatar
flexbuffchest
Posts: 27091
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by flexbuffchest »

Style wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 9:07 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:46 pm After thinking about it, I'm mildly happy.

This team as constructed wasn't going anywhere and didn't have much untapped potential. Ball, even with all his faults, has the upside (and he's proven he can play at that level) of a top 5 pg. We are in a situation where we have to take a home win swing. The status quo wasn't going to work and betting on Jaden becoming a dominant force on offense isn't a good bet to make.

We had to make a move that massively raises our ceiling but it also simultaneously lowers our floor. It's a fine deal for where we are at.

If Ball and Ant dominate the next few years and both resign here then no one will be complaining.
I agree with this take. I don’t know how you can be mildly happy though? I’m elated.

I think we were somewhere around the #10 offense last year and it was mostly an absolute eye sore to watch. I think Ball will have us easily in the top 5. I believe his impact will be similar to 2024 Conley in terms of running an effective and efficient offense. Some tweets have been posted about his impact on the Hornets last year. I anticipate Kon will have regression without LaMelo and Jaden will have progression with him. He’s that type of impact facilitator.

Defensively we kept our two elite guys. LaMelo can be a float defender on less talented wings. His rebounding skills will be great here too. 6’7” can make up for issues 6’2” cannot. LaMelo’s offensive weight should also slot Ant into a more prominent defensive role taking a team’s second best perimeter guy. I don’t think we take any steps back defensively - especially knowing Naz was likely a starter if this trade didn’t happen.

Naz is a very likable person, but he’s getting into pretty overrated territory as a player. Expectations of being a $25M starter will soon come for him and I’m not sure he’s that type of player.

The swaps are mostly irrelevant.

The 2033 pick could be valuable, yet if the wheels fall off this thing, there will be the opportunity to recoup a lot of picks with the talent on this roster.

To use terms our Wolves podcasters use, this trade is a franchise floor raiser and also a ceiling raiser.

Absolute homerun.

Also, I was pretty skeptical a few days ago that Lore/A-Rod were going to be Taylor 2.0 in that they stripped the team down due to payroll priorities. Instead, they supported further tax penalties for the benefit of the team. Kudos to them for approving this deal and kudos to Connelly for the skilled maneuvering of contracts to get this roster in such a healthy spot.

HOWL
I'm only mildly happy because I HATE Ball. :lol: I view him as one of the dumbest guys in the league.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
User avatar
witljon
Posts: 27107
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:57 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by witljon »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 7:46 pm
LaMelo Ball has plenty of tattoos.
I wonder if he’s has a Naz tattoo.
Bring ya ass!
User avatar
Jimi_Thing
Posts: 24568
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Jimi_Thing »

flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 9:44 pm
Style wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 9:07 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:46 pm After thinking about it, I'm mildly happy.

This team as constructed wasn't going anywhere and didn't have much untapped potential. Ball, even with all his faults, has the upside (and he's proven he can play at that level) of a top 5 pg. We are in a situation where we have to take a home win swing. The status quo wasn't going to work and betting on Jaden becoming a dominant force on offense isn't a good bet to make.

We had to make a move that massively raises our ceiling but it also simultaneously lowers our floor. It's a fine deal for where we are at.

If Ball and Ant dominate the next few years and both resign here then no one will be complaining.
I agree with this take. I don’t know how you can be mildly happy though? I’m elated.

I think we were somewhere around the #10 offense last year and it was mostly an absolute eye sore to watch. I think Ball will have us easily in the top 5. I believe his impact will be similar to 2024 Conley in terms of running an effective and efficient offense. Some tweets have been posted about his impact on the Hornets last year. I anticipate Kon will have regression without LaMelo and Jaden will have progression with him. He’s that type of impact facilitator.

Defensively we kept our two elite guys. LaMelo can be a float defender on less talented wings. His rebounding skills will be great here too. 6’7” can make up for issues 6’2” cannot. LaMelo’s offensive weight should also slot Ant into a more prominent defensive role taking a team’s second best perimeter guy. I don’t think we take any steps back defensively - especially knowing Naz was likely a starter if this trade didn’t happen.

Naz is a very likable person, but he’s getting into pretty overrated territory as a player. Expectations of being a $25M starter will soon come for him and I’m not sure he’s that type of player.

The swaps are mostly irrelevant.

The 2033 pick could be valuable, yet if the wheels fall off this thing, there will be the opportunity to recoup a lot of picks with the talent on this roster.

To use terms our Wolves podcasters use, this trade is a franchise floor raiser and also a ceiling raiser.

Absolute homerun.

Also, I was pretty skeptical a few days ago that Lore/A-Rod were going to be Taylor 2.0 in that they stripped the team down due to payroll priorities. Instead, they supported further tax penalties for the benefit of the team. Kudos to them for approving this deal and kudos to Connelly for the skilled maneuvering of contracts to get this roster in such a healthy spot.

HOWL
I'm only mildly happy because I HATE Ball. :lol: I view him as one of the dumbest guys in the league.
Same. There’s a Thanksgiving post game video clip of him that I bet I’ve ’hate watched’ at least 20 times.
User avatar
Butch Bradford
Posts: 26042
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:03 pm
Location: The Golden Age of America

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Butch Bradford »

My shit don’t stink.
Spoiler:
Image

Image
User avatar
LordNu
Posts: 11100
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:15 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by LordNu »

SHAFA wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 6:18 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 6:13 pmAnd I’m not sure Joan can play the 4. I’m damn sure Rudy can’t.
I beg to differ, Beef. Rudy’s ready to make you proud.

Proud.

Image
He’s the number 1 son.
User avatar
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***
Posts: 1022
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:07 pm
Location: Hinckley

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Catalyst »

I did not have waking this morning to Naz being a Hornet on any bingo card. It won't really sink in till pre-season when he is not here. It really is like losing Towns all over again, as I disliked Randle and never wanted to be forced to cheer for him and same for Ball. I hope this one has a better outcome for us. Randle just quit on us in the end and I didn't see that coming at all.
My heart is family.
User avatar
Style
Posts: 4834
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:57 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Style »

flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 9:44 pm
Style wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 9:07 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:46 pm After thinking about it, I'm mildly happy.

This team as constructed wasn't going anywhere and didn't have much untapped potential. Ball, even with all his faults, has the upside (and he's proven he can play at that level) of a top 5 pg. We are in a situation where we have to take a home win swing. The status quo wasn't going to work and betting on Jaden becoming a dominant force on offense isn't a good bet to make.

We had to make a move that massively raises our ceiling but it also simultaneously lowers our floor. It's a fine deal for where we are at.

If Ball and Ant dominate the next few years and both resign here then no one will be complaining.
I agree with this take. I don’t know how you can be mildly happy though? I’m elated.

I think we were somewhere around the #10 offense last year and it was mostly an absolute eye sore to watch. I think Ball will have us easily in the top 5. I believe his impact will be similar to 2024 Conley in terms of running an effective and efficient offense. Some tweets have been posted about his impact on the Hornets last year. I anticipate Kon will have regression without LaMelo and Jaden will have progression with him. He’s that type of impact facilitator.

Defensively we kept our two elite guys. LaMelo can be a float defender on less talented wings. His rebounding skills will be great here too. 6’7” can make up for issues 6’2” cannot. LaMelo’s offensive weight should also slot Ant into a more prominent defensive role taking a team’s second best perimeter guy. I don’t think we take any steps back defensively - especially knowing Naz was likely a starter if this trade didn’t happen.

Naz is a very likable person, but he’s getting into pretty overrated territory as a player. Expectations of being a $25M starter will soon come for him and I’m not sure he’s that type of player.

The swaps are mostly irrelevant.

The 2033 pick could be valuable, yet if the wheels fall off this thing, there will be the opportunity to recoup a lot of picks with the talent on this roster.

To use terms our Wolves podcasters use, this trade is a franchise floor raiser and also a ceiling raiser.

Absolute homerun.

Also, I was pretty skeptical a few days ago that Lore/A-Rod were going to be Taylor 2.0 in that they stripped the team down due to payroll priorities. Instead, they supported further tax penalties for the benefit of the team. Kudos to them for approving this deal and kudos to Connelly for the skilled maneuvering of contracts to get this roster in such a healthy spot.

HOWL
I'm only mildly happy because I HATE Ball. :lol: I view him as one of the dumbest guys in the league.
:lol: Understandable. My friends and I are leaning into it in our group chat. Cannot wait for the pure bliss of memes this roster will present next year. :lol: :lol:
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Post Reply