Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wouldya??

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Moderator: Sylvester Stallone

User avatar
Subarudrivingsnowflake
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am

Wouldya??

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

Trade:

Wolves get: Zion Williamson

Pelicans get: Gobert + DDV

Well either be the greatest team in NBA history OR everyone gets injured and the whole thing implodes. But hey at least itll be fun for the 10 games they all play together!!

Throw Joan @ C and The Aussie gets the backup role. Zion has weight restrictions on his contract and games played too. Not bad!!! The baby mama drama alone would be entertaining.


Ball
Ant
Jaden
Williamson
Joan

Bench:

Ayo
Zickarsky
Clark
Evans
User avatar
Subarudrivingsnowflake
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

And don’t forget what Zion did to Wemby last year. There’s a video on YT and he destroys Wemby.
mlhouse
Posts: 32286
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Wouldya??

Post by mlhouse »

I prolly pass on Zion because that is just one too many ball centric players on the court at one time. I would also look at New Orleans track record over the Williamson era and it just aint that good. Lots of talent, but we need a floor spacer to open the court for Ball and Edwards.
User avatar
Subarudrivingsnowflake
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

mlhouse wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 6:06 pm I prolly pass on Zion because that is just one too many ball centric players on the court at one time. I would also look at New Orleans track record over the Williamson era and it just aint that good. Lots of talent, but we need a floor spacer to open the court for Ball and Edwards.
Yea the shooting ability of Zion leaves a lot to be desired.

It’s just I’m 100% convinced that Joan can do at least 80% of what Rudy can do on the defensive end. That’s not even adding the fact that Joan can guard the perimeter a lot better than Gobert. I feel as though having them both is redundant as hell. Zickarsky/Beringer equal Rudy in the aggregate and for a lot less $$$
mlhouse
Posts: 32286
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Wouldya??

Post by mlhouse »

Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 6:11 pm
mlhouse wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 6:06 pm I prolly pass on Zion because that is just one too many ball centric players on the court at one time. I would also look at New Orleans track record over the Williamson era and it just aint that good. Lots of talent, but we need a floor spacer to open the court for Ball and Edwards.
Yea the shooting ability of Zion leaves a lot to be desired.

It’s just I’m 100% convinced that Joan can do at least 80% of what Rudy can do on the defensive end. That’s not even adding the fact that Joan can guard the perimeter a lot better than Gobert. I feel as though having them both is redundant as hell. Zickarsky/Beringer equal Rudy in the aggregate and for a lot less $$$
Well, you have to find a trade for Rudy and there are some scenarios that I would trade him away. But it isn't as if trading Gobert is like trading with a TPE. We have to find a team that wants him, values him, and has the right combination of assets that the Wolves would value. Its possible. I think Gobert's trade value is a lot higher than Julius Randle's because contending teams value rim protection.

I think if I were to set the statistical odds, the outcome that is most likely would be Rudy Gobert retires as a Timberwolf. He declines his player option in 207-28 and the Wolves sign him to an extension of 2 years in the low $60 million range with the 2nd year a player option. But this deal he opts in to his club option, plays out the season, and retires at the end of the season. He would play until he was 36 years old in that scenario.
Mnsportsfan22
Posts: 2091
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:21 pm

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Mnsportsfan22 »

Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 5:45 pm Trade:

Wolves get: Zion Williamson

Pelicans get: Gobert + DDV

Well either be the greatest team in NBA history OR everyone gets injured and the whole thing implodes. But hey at least itll be fun for the 10 games they all play together!!

Throw Joan @ C and The Aussie gets the backup role. Zion has weight restrictions on his contract and games played too. Not bad!!! The baby mama drama alone would be entertaining.


Ball
Ant
Jaden
Williamson
Joan

Bench:

Ayo
Zickarsky
Clark
Evans
Missing tsj and green also for bench rotation
User avatar
Subarudrivingsnowflake
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

Mnsportsfan22 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 6:42 pm
Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 5:45 pm Trade:

Wolves get: Zion Williamson

Pelicans get: Gobert + DDV

Well either be the greatest team in NBA history OR everyone gets injured and the whole thing implodes. But hey at least itll be fun for the 10 games they all play together!!

Throw Joan @ C and The Aussie gets the backup role. Zion has weight restrictions on his contract and games played too. Not bad!!! The baby mama drama alone would be entertaining.


Ball
Ant
Jaden
Williamson
Joan

Bench:

Ayo
Zickarsky
Clark
Evans
Missing tsj and green also for bench rotation
Excuse my rudeness. Yes we’d be set. I did the spot tax trader and it works
User avatar
Subarudrivingsnowflake
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

mlhouse wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 6:21 pm
Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 6:11 pm
mlhouse wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 6:06 pm I prolly pass on Zion because that is just one too many ball centric players on the court at one time. I would also look at New Orleans track record over the Williamson era and it just aint that good. Lots of talent, but we need a floor spacer to open the court for Ball and Edwards.
Yea the shooting ability of Zion leaves a lot to be desired.

It’s just I’m 100% convinced that Joan can do at least 80% of what Rudy can do on the defensive end. That’s not even adding the fact that Joan can guard the perimeter a lot better than Gobert. I feel as though having them both is redundant as hell. Zickarsky/Beringer equal Rudy in the aggregate and for a lot less $$$
Well, you have to find a trade for Rudy and there are some scenarios that I would trade him away. But it isn't as if trading Gobert is like trading with a TPE. We have to find a team that wants him, values him, and has the right combination of assets that the Wolves would value. Its possible. I think Gobert's trade value is a lot higher than Julius Randle's because contending teams value rim protection.

I think if I were to set the statistical odds, the outcome that is most likely would be Rudy Gobert retires as a Timberwolf. He declines his player option in 207-28 and the Wolves sign him to an extension of 2 years in the low $60 million range with the 2nd year a player option. But this deal he opts in to his club option, plays out the season, and retires at the end of the season. He would play until he was 36 years old in that scenario.
Yea the pelicans I’d assume want to unload salary and start over. Rudy only got a year left. But yeah another team has to value him.

Personally, I think Rudy becomes problematic in any series that doesn’t involve Denver. It like we’re playing 4 on 5 on the offensive end. Now with Lamelo, I’d expect Rudy to put up career #’s………….if he can catch the fucking ball
User avatar
jffl_commish
Posts: 28420
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by jffl_commish »

Will Zion play more than 20 games?
Let's get Tropical
User avatar
Subarudrivingsnowflake
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

jffl_commish wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 7:42 pm Will Zion play more than 20 games?
He played 62 games last season. Funny that the kicker for the final portion of his pay comes after 61 games
User avatar
Subarudrivingsnowflake
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

Because of prior injury history, the Pelicans negotiated specific conditional hedges that determine the guaranteed status of his later season salaries:Weigh-in Clause: Williamson is subject to periodic weigh-ins assessing his body weight and body fat percentage. The sum of these two metrics must stay below 295, and failing multiple consecutive weigh-ins can compromise portions of his guaranteed money.Games Played Criteria: Williamson can incrementally lock in his salary for the following season by meeting specific games played thresholds (e.g., 41, 51, and 61 games).
Oriole81
Posts: 38110
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Oriole81 »

Who's a center we could then go trade Josh Green for?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
2025 Froob NBA Draft

Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
User avatar
Subarudrivingsnowflake
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

His games played per season breakdown is as follows:
2019-20 (Rookie): 24 games2020-21: 61 games2021-22: 0 games (missed the entire season)2022-23: 29 games2023-24: 70 games2024-25: 30 games2025-26: 62 games
User avatar
Subarudrivingsnowflake
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

Oriole81 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 7:53 pm Who's a center we could then go trade Josh Green for?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We run Joan and sakarsky
User avatar
Subarudrivingsnowflake
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

Oriole81
Posts: 38110
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Oriole81 »

Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 7:56 pm
Oriole81 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 7:53 pm Who's a center we could then go trade Josh Green for?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We run Joan and sakarsky
That's a non starter for me.
They're not ready, and they are too big a part of our future for us to rush them.

Any deal involving Gobert has to include a temporary center coming back, to hold down the fort/help develop Joan and Rocco.
2025 Froob NBA Draft

Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
User avatar
Subarudrivingsnowflake
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

Oriole81 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 7:59 pm
Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 7:56 pm
Oriole81 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 7:53 pm Who's a center we could then go trade Josh Green for?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We run Joan and sakarsky
That's a non starter for me.
They're not ready, and they are too big a part of our future for us to rush them.

Any deal involving Gobert has to include a temporary center coming back, to hold down the fort/help develop Joan and Rocco.
Maybe you’re right. I guess I don’t put much stock in letting guys ride pine and be practice dummies. I’m a fan of throw them in deep water to sink or swim.

I refuse to believe that Rudy Gobert has a bigger impact than Zion On our team.

Not only that but I believe that you can’t win the chip in today’s NBA with a C with no offensive ability. I hope I’m wrong.

Every playoffs in Goberts career it eventually comes down to 5 on 4 on the offensive side. Opposing team runs zone and clogs the lane.
User avatar
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***
Posts: 11595
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:30 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Abe Froman »

Not opposed to moving Gobert before his value depreciates, but Zion just seems hurt too often. I like the player hate the health.
I made this!
mlhouse
Posts: 32286
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Wouldya??

Post by mlhouse »

Oriole81 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 7:53 pm Who's a center we could then go trade Josh Green for?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Again, I think Santi Aldama is the guy to target. He is a C/PF 7 footer.
Oriole81
Posts: 38110
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Oriole81 »

Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 9:06 pm
Oriole81 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 7:59 pm
Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 7:56 pm

We run Joan and sakarsky
That's a non starter for me.
They're not ready, and they are too big a part of our future for us to rush them.

Any deal involving Gobert has to include a temporary center coming back, to hold down the fort/help develop Joan and Rocco.
Maybe you’re right. I guess I don’t put much stock in letting guys ride pine and be practice dummies. I’m a fan of throw them in deep water to sink or swim.

I refuse to believe that Rudy Gobert has a bigger impact than Zion On our team.

Not only that but I believe that you can’t win the chip in today’s NBA with a C with no offensive ability. I hope I’m wrong.

Every playoffs in Goberts career it eventually comes down to 5 on 4 on the offensive side. Opposing team runs zone and clogs the lane.
I didn't say ride the pine.
Even getting Joan up to 15-18 minutes a game is a big step in year two, but that still leaves an additional 30 minutes of center time to fill.

So all I'm saying is, if you want to pursue a Gobert for Zion trade, which I'm fine playing around with as I think this weekend has been all about exploring all the different avenues available for us, then I at least think you have to find another center that can take a large percent of those 30 center minutes.

Thankfully, that should be doable if we transfer the Green+ _________ trade discussions from PF as before, to now C.
2025 Froob NBA Draft

Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
User avatar
Subarudrivingsnowflake
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

mlhouse wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 9:16 pm
Oriole81 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 7:53 pm Who's a center we could then go trade Josh Green for?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Again, I think Santi Aldama is the guy to target. He is a C/PF 7 footer.
Give him back to Utah for our original pick Kessler.
mlhouse
Posts: 32286
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Wouldya??

Post by mlhouse »

Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 9:19 pm
mlhouse wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 9:16 pm
Oriole81 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 7:53 pm Who's a center we could then go trade Josh Green for?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Again, I think Santi Aldama is the guy to target. He is a C/PF 7 footer.
Give him back to Utah for our original pick Kessler.
I would rather have Aldama for the Wolves.
User avatar
Subarudrivingsnowflake
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

Seriously can we just get a guy who can catch the basketball and make a 5 foot hook shot 40% of the time?? Is this too much to ask from an NBA player??

This reminds me of the Doug Meintkiewcz argument. He couldn’t hit a baseball, but everyone sold him as this defensive 1st basemen who apparently saved like 2 runs a game or some shit. Yea his defense was awesome, but the game is to score runs god dammit.
Oriole81
Posts: 38110
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Oriole81 »

Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 9:31 pm Seriously can we just get a guy who can catch the basketball and make a 5 foot hook shot 40% of the time?? Is this too much to ask from an NBA player??

This reminds me of the Doug Meintkiewcz argument. He couldn’t hit a baseball, but everyone sold him as this defensive 1st basemen who apparently saved like 2 runs a game or some shit. Yea his defense was awesome, but the game is to score runs god dammit.
You mean the guy that caught the final out to win the World Series?
2025 Froob NBA Draft

Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
Oriole81
Posts: 38110
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Oriole81 »

mlhouse wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 9:16 pm
Oriole81 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 7:53 pm Who's a center we could then go trade Josh Green for?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Again, I think Santi Aldama is the guy to target. He is a C/PF 7 footer.
Would Aldama fit better next to Gobert as the PF, or next to Zion as the C?
My amateur thought would be that he’d fit better next to Gobert as the PF.

If we did a Zion trade, I’d probably still prefer a defensive oriented center.

*EDIT*
How about expanding the Zion/Gobert trade to include swapping Missi for Shannon, if it works cap wise. I know they were drafted close.
Last edited by Oriole81 on Sun Jun 28, 2026 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2025 Froob NBA Draft

Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
Mnwild1128
Posts: 5483
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:47 am
Location: 2nd username. Been on here since around 2008-ish

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Mnwild1128 »

We would be a 10/10 offensive team
And a 2/10 defensive team

Melo
Ant
Jaden
Zion
Aldama

Ayo
Shannon Jr
Clark
Evans
Beringer

The plus side is Zion for first time with a roster like this would be able to feast like crazy with a wide open paint. He is also a better passer than Randle imo. Tons of drive and kicks to multiple lethal three point shooters. We would have to go the Harden Rockets offense or current Celtics offensive approach.
Oriole81
Posts: 38110
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Oriole81 »

Oriole81 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 10:42 pm
mlhouse wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 9:16 pm
Oriole81 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 7:53 pm Who's a center we could then go trade Josh Green for?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Again, I think Santi Aldama is the guy to target. He is a C/PF 7 footer.
Would Aldama fit better next to Gobert as the PF, or next to Zion as the C?
My amateur thought would be that he’d fit better next to Gobert as the PF.

If we did a Zion trade, I’d probably still prefer a defensive oriented center.

*EDIT*
How about expanding the Zion/Gobert trade to include swapping Missi for Shannon, if it works cap wise. I know they were drafted close.
And I’ll add in as well, this is not to say I want this better.
Just playing along with the Zion narrative, and what subsequent moves would need to be made to best make it work.

Me personally, I’d probably pass though.
2025 Froob NBA Draft

Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
User avatar
DonaldDouchebag
Posts: 31977
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:37 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

I like it!

I like all these crazy trades.
Woke up this mornin’, got some gabagool.
User avatar
witljon
Posts: 27107
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:57 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by witljon »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 11:36 pm I like it!

I like all these crazy trades.
Ok, let’s trade Jaden and LaMelo for Jokic. :naners:
Bring ya ass!
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by weimy froob »

Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 9:31 pm Seriously can we just get a guy who can catch the basketball and make a 5 foot hook shot 40% of the time?? Is this too much to ask from an NBA player??

This reminds me of the Doug Meintkiewcz argument. He couldn’t hit a baseball, but everyone sold him as this defensive 1st basemen who apparently saved like 2 runs a game or some shit. Yea his defense was awesome, but the game is to score runs god dammit.
pretty sure he's on the team right now. Joan is going to be able to make that shot imo. also, this trade idea was floated earlier by Jace Frederick and instead of Rudy, Beringer was the guy that the Pels would want. you still looking to make that trade?
Post Reply