Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Moderator: Sylvester Stallone

Post Reply
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 18510
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 11:26 am I heard that there's a lot to unpack with the presser. Looking forward to watching it
LaMelo doesn't say anything of substance... very short answers.
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
User avatar
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 5611
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Lightning »

HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 11:52 am
bubu dubu. wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 11:26 am I heard that there's a lot to unpack with the presser. Looking forward to watching it
LaMelo doesn't say anything of substance... very short answers.
Confirmed. Underwhelming presser.
"Not great, Bob!"
twolves31
Posts: 2658
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:04 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by twolves31 »

HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 11:52 am
bubu dubu. wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 11:26 am I heard that there's a lot to unpack with the presser. Looking forward to watching it
LaMelo doesn't say anything of substance... very short answers.
There was some good stuff from Finch and Tim, but yeah Ball's answers were very short and pg.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 18510
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by HeHateMe »

Lightning wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 11:53 am
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 11:52 am
bubu dubu. wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 11:26 am I heard that there's a lot to unpack with the presser. Looking forward to watching it
LaMelo doesn't say anything of substance... very short answers.
Confirmed. Underwhelming presser.
Some moron will say he's unhappy! It was actually kind of refreshing... the common person probably thinks he's going to rant like his father and it's nothing like that.
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
User avatar
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 5611
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Lightning »

HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 11:57 am
Lightning wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 11:53 am
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 11:52 am
LaMelo doesn't say anything of substance... very short answers.
Confirmed. Underwhelming presser.
Some moron will say he's unhappy! It was actually kind of refreshing... the common person probably thinks he's going to rant like his father and it's nothing like that.
Yeah, I didn't read anything into the abbreviated responses. Some of the same dumb questions from a few of these "reporters" just elicit disingenuous canned answers. At least guys like Britt and Jonny K have some insightful ones.
"Not great, Bob!"
User avatar
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***
Posts: 1022
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:07 pm
Location: Hinckley

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Catalyst »

My favorite was, "Yea, what my man said".😂
My heart is family.
User avatar
SHAFA
Posts: 15126
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by SHAFA »

Lightning wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 12:00 pm
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 11:57 am
Lightning wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 11:53 am
Confirmed. Underwhelming presser.
Some moron will say he's unhappy! It was actually kind of refreshing... the common person probably thinks he's going to rant like his father and it's nothing like that.
Yeah, I didn't read anything into the abbreviated responses. Some of the same dumb questions from a few of these "reporters" just elicit disingenuous canned answers. At least guys like Britt and Jonny K have some insightful ones.
I kinda half-assed listened, but the one answer that made me turn my head and scrunch up my face was when John asked him what things were like playing meaningful games down the stretch.

"When you're winning, it's the right way; when you're losing, it's the wrong way."
User avatar
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***
Posts: 1022
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:07 pm
Location: Hinckley

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Catalyst »

SHAFA wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 12:46 pm
Lightning wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 12:00 pm
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 11:57 am
Some moron will say he's unhappy! It was actually kind of refreshing... the common person probably thinks he's going to rant like his father and it's nothing like that.
Yeah, I didn't read anything into the abbreviated responses. Some of the same dumb questions from a few of these "reporters" just elicit disingenuous canned answers. At least guys like Britt and Jonny K have some insightful ones.
I kinda half-assed listened, but the one answer that made me turn my head and scrunch up my face was when John asked him what things were like playing meaningful games down the stretch.

"When you're winning, it's the right way; when you're losing, it's the wrong way."

You have to remember no high school so little kid responses might be the norm.
My heart is family.
User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 37470
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by somuchyummy »

He didn't go to HS?
All Time Draft 2025

PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond

There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 18510
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by HeHateMe »

somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 2:04 pm He didn't go to HS?
Looks like he did the first two years, then home schooled junior year.. then some random teams/leagues from 2018-2020.
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129083
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by weimy froob »

User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 37470
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by somuchyummy »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 6:22 pm
I hope we are sleeping on him and the positive impact he might be able to make. Here's a piece out of Charlotte from 4 months ago.

https://www.nba.com/hornets/news/josh-g ... or-hornets
All Time Draft 2025

PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond

There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
aztimberwolves
Posts: 3475
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by aztimberwolves »

somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 9:31 pm
weimy froob wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 6:22 pm
I hope we are sleeping on him and the positive impact he might be able to make. Here's a piece out of Charlotte from 4 months ago.

https://www.nba.com/hornets/news/josh-g ... or-hornets
I mean an organization doesn’t usually have out 14 mil a year contracts to scrubs. Sometimes. But it seems his stats before last year were decent. Granted, I haven’t seen or paid attention to him
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 18510
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by HeHateMe »

aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 9:33 pm
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 9:31 pm
weimy froob wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 6:22 pm
I hope we are sleeping on him and the positive impact he might be able to make. Here's a piece out of Charlotte from 4 months ago.

https://www.nba.com/hornets/news/josh-g ... or-hornets
I mean an organization doesn’t usually have out 14 mil a year contracts to scrubs. Sometimes. But it seems his stats before last year were decent. Granted, I haven’t seen or paid attention to him
I'd like to have a better understanding of what happened to him last year.. was it because they drafted Kon and LaMelo was healthy? Sexton first half of the year then Coby White.. so he just can't find the court. I think they played Sion James a decent amount too.

His three point shooting is elite.. he's got decent size. Very interesting piece... main issue is just the Wolves are up against the second apron and are paying another guy 12.5 mil who is out the whole year... they both have decent bench guy salaries but you need them to produce otherwise you're better off with minimums and paying more money to a hole (PF). Obviously that's a future issue for now... I would be interested to know if Minnesota was actively trying to flip him the last couple of weeks.
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
aztimberwolves
Posts: 3475
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by aztimberwolves »

HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 10:22 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 9:33 pm
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 9:31 pm

I hope we are sleeping on him and the positive impact he might be able to make. Here's a piece out of Charlotte from 4 months ago.

https://www.nba.com/hornets/news/josh-g ... or-hornets
I mean an organization doesn’t usually have out 14 mil a year contracts to scrubs. Sometimes. But it seems his stats before last year were decent. Granted, I haven’t seen or paid attention to him
I'd like to have a better understanding of what happened to him last year.. was it because they drafted Kon and LaMelo was healthy? Sexton first half of the year then Coby White.. so he just can't find the court. I think they played Sion James a decent amount too.

His three point shooting is elite.. he's got decent size. Very interesting piece... main issue is just the Wolves are up against the second apron and are paying another guy 12.5 mil who is out the whole year... they both have decent bench guy salaries but you need them to produce otherwise you're better off with minimums and paying more money to a hole (PF). Obviously that's a future issue for now... I would be interested to know if Minnesota was actively trying to flip him the last couple of weeks.
All valid and great questions. Maybe Tim really sees something with him and values him.

Wasn’t it two years ago when Towns scored 60 some that Green was one of the biggest reason we didn’t beat Charlotte that night? Can’t remember
User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 37470
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by somuchyummy »

HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 10:22 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 9:33 pm
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 9:31 pm

I hope we are sleeping on him and the positive impact he might be able to make. Here's a piece out of Charlotte from 4 months ago.

https://www.nba.com/hornets/news/josh-g ... or-hornets
I mean an organization doesn’t usually have out 14 mil a year contracts to scrubs. Sometimes. But it seems his stats before last year were decent. Granted, I haven’t seen or paid attention to him
I'd like to have a better understanding of what happened to him last year.. was it because they drafted Kon and LaMelo was healthy? Sexton first half of the year then Coby White.. so he just can't find the court. I think they played Sion James a decent amount too.

His three point shooting is elite.. he's got decent size. Very interesting piece... main issue is just the Wolves are up against the second apron and are paying another guy 12.5 mil who is out the whole year... they both have decent bench guy salaries but you need them to produce otherwise you're better off with minimums and paying more money to a hole (PF). Obviously that's a future issue for now... I would be interested to know if Minnesota was actively trying to flip him the last couple of weeks.
did you read the article i attached? Out of Charlotte and very much in praise of what he brought to the team - last year (the time you are saying "what happened?") Sounds like he's the kind of player that just makes the team better in ways that often don't show up in the boxscore. I find it interesting that, as we talk about the kind of players that help make SAS and OKC strong teams, it often centers around a deep pool of wing talent on those clubs who fly around wreaking havoc on D and then on O reliably hitting their shots. I think Josh Green is exactly the kind of player who would excel on both those clubs - and all we've done since we picked him up is talk about how we should trade him.
All Time Draft 2025

PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond

There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
aztimberwolves
Posts: 3475
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by aztimberwolves »

somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 10:35 pm
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 10:22 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 9:33 pm

I mean an organization doesn’t usually have out 14 mil a year contracts to scrubs. Sometimes. But it seems his stats before last year were decent. Granted, I haven’t seen or paid attention to him
I'd like to have a better understanding of what happened to him last year.. was it because they drafted Kon and LaMelo was healthy? Sexton first half of the year then Coby White.. so he just can't find the court. I think they played Sion James a decent amount too.

His three point shooting is elite.. he's got decent size. Very interesting piece... main issue is just the Wolves are up against the second apron and are paying another guy 12.5 mil who is out the whole year... they both have decent bench guy salaries but you need them to produce otherwise you're better off with minimums and paying more money to a hole (PF). Obviously that's a future issue for now... I would be interested to know if Minnesota was actively trying to flip him the last couple of weeks.
did you read the article i attached? Out of Charlotte and very much in praise of what he brought to the team - last year (the time you are saying "what happened?") Sounds like he's the kind of player that just makes the team better in ways that often don't show up in the boxscore. I find it interesting that, as we talk about the kind of players that help make SAS and OKC strong teams, it often centers around a deep pool of wing talent on those clubs who fly around wreaking havoc on D and then on O reliably hitting their shots. I think Josh Green is exactly the kind of player who would excel on both those clubs - and all we've done since we picked him up is talk about how we should trade him.
Those glue guys don’t get 14 mil a year.
twolves31
Posts: 2658
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:04 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by twolves31 »

aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 11:05 pm
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 10:35 pm
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 10:22 pm
I'd like to have a better understanding of what happened to him last year.. was it because they drafted Kon and LaMelo was healthy? Sexton first half of the year then Coby White.. so he just can't find the court. I think they played Sion James a decent amount too.

His three point shooting is elite.. he's got decent size. Very interesting piece... main issue is just the Wolves are up against the second apron and are paying another guy 12.5 mil who is out the whole year... they both have decent bench guy salaries but you need them to produce otherwise you're better off with minimums and paying more money to a hole (PF). Obviously that's a future issue for now... I would be interested to know if Minnesota was actively trying to flip him the last couple of weeks.
did you read the article i attached? Out of Charlotte and very much in praise of what he brought to the team - last year (the time you are saying "what happened?") Sounds like he's the kind of player that just makes the team better in ways that often don't show up in the boxscore. I find it interesting that, as we talk about the kind of players that help make SAS and OKC strong teams, it often centers around a deep pool of wing talent on those clubs who fly around wreaking havoc on D and then on O reliably hitting their shots. I think Josh Green is exactly the kind of player who would excel on both those clubs - and all we've done since we picked him up is talk about how we should trade him.
Those glue guys don’t get 14 mil a year.


Here's the Dallas thread discussing his extension at the time. They seemed pretty pumped about it.
aztimberwolves
Posts: 3475
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by aztimberwolves »

twolves31 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 11:15 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 11:05 pm
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 10:35 pm

did you read the article i attached? Out of Charlotte and very much in praise of what he brought to the team - last year (the time you are saying "what happened?") Sounds like he's the kind of player that just makes the team better in ways that often don't show up in the boxscore. I find it interesting that, as we talk about the kind of players that help make SAS and OKC strong teams, it often centers around a deep pool of wing talent on those clubs who fly around wreaking havoc on D and then on O reliably hitting their shots. I think Josh Green is exactly the kind of player who would excel on both those clubs - and all we've done since we picked him up is talk about how we should trade him.
Those glue guys don’t get 14 mil a year.


Here's the Dallas thread discussing his extension at the time. They seemed pretty pumped about it.
And I’m not really familiar with him. He got his money so he must be decent. Just not familiar and where he fits
j-one
Posts: 1200
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:07 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by j-one »

HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 2:36 pm
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 2:04 pm He didn't go to HS?
Looks like he did the first two years, then home schooled junior year.. then some random teams/leagues from 2018-2020.
I don't think the Big Baller home school has produced many Rhodes scholars.

Boring presser. Tim hinted at another tweak once LBJ decides.
j-one
Posts: 1200
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:07 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by j-one »

somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 9:31 pm
weimy froob wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 6:22 pm
I hope we are sleeping on him and the positive impact he might be able to make. Here's a piece out of Charlotte from 4 months ago.

https://www.nba.com/hornets/news/josh-g ... or-hornets
I had thought that Charlotte dumped his salary on us in the trade given his lack of minutes. Do you guys think Tim actually sought to have him included instead of other options?
User avatar
shoteh
Posts: 7929
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:17 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by shoteh »

I hope Lamello plays better than his press conference. Definitely didn't help get Lebron closer to MN lol
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129083
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by weimy froob »

Wilder weighs in.

twolves31
Posts: 2658
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:04 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by twolves31 »

shoteh wrote: ↑Wed Jul 15, 2026 10:01 am I hope Lamello plays better than his press conference. Definitely didn't help get Lebron closer to MN lol
Depends on if he wants a team to kiss his butt, or have the confidence to win regardless of if Lebron comes or doesn't.
User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 37470
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by somuchyummy »

I don't worry about Lamelo's intelligence. There's book smarts, street smarts, emotional smarts, single topic smarts, etc etc. He has shown to be able to see the court and to make plays that others don't make. I think his BBIQ is probably really high - whether or not he can quote Tolstoy. If he's had a problem in his career, it seems to be taking it seriously - and being a serious player. Which may have a lot to do with youth and being raised by a knucklehead like Lavar - and also being in Charlotte, where the stakes were low. His career win-loss is 139-164. I would bet that with six seasons of that - and at age 24 - he'll be open to listening to what MN coaches will ask him to do. He's now on a contender and the stakes are higher. I think he gets that.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Wed Jul 15, 2026 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
All Time Draft 2025

PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond

There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Oriole81
Posts: 38110
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by Oriole81 »

I listened to the Jonny K interview with that other lady from the Athletic a few weeks back, who has had the personal relationship with LaMelo.
She actually followed him and the family during his "senior year" abroad playing in Lithuania, and then his one year in (I think?) Australia.

She said living/playing in Lithuania was brutal, and probably harder than his comparable peers that are just living at home still that last year of HS, being the man.

It was real adversity, and she thinks it implanted a unique level of maturity and insight.

So maybe he doesn't share the conventional book intellect of his peers, but she says his unique life experience is a different type of intelligence.

I'm paraphrasing since it was weeks ago that I listened to it, but hopefully it brings a different perspective to this conversation.
Worth a listen if you haven't yet.
2025 Froob NBA Draft

Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129083
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by weimy froob »

somuchyummy wrote: ↑Wed Jul 15, 2026 11:17 am I don't worry about Lamelo's intelligence. There's book smarts, street smarts, emotional smarts, single topic smarts, etc etc. He has shown to be able to see the court and to make plays that others don't make. I think his BBIQ is probably really high - whether or not he can quote Tolstoy. If he's had a problem in his career, it seems to be taking it serious - and being a serious player. Which may have a lot to do with youth and being raised by a knucklehead like Lavar - and also being in Charlotte, where the stakes were low. His career win-loss is 139-164. I would bet that with six seasons of that - and at age 24 - he'll be open to listening to what MN coaches will ask him to do. He's now on a contender and the stakes are higher. I think he gets that.
Finch said they want him to be in pass first mode. if that happens, it should be a very fun offense to watch when he's on the court.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 18510
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by HeHateMe »

somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 10:35 pm
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 10:22 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 9:33 pm

I mean an organization doesn’t usually have out 14 mil a year contracts to scrubs. Sometimes. But it seems his stats before last year were decent. Granted, I haven’t seen or paid attention to him
I'd like to have a better understanding of what happened to him last year.. was it because they drafted Kon and LaMelo was healthy? Sexton first half of the year then Coby White.. so he just can't find the court. I think they played Sion James a decent amount too.

His three point shooting is elite.. he's got decent size. Very interesting piece... main issue is just the Wolves are up against the second apron and are paying another guy 12.5 mil who is out the whole year... they both have decent bench guy salaries but you need them to produce otherwise you're better off with minimums and paying more money to a hole (PF). Obviously that's a future issue for now... I would be interested to know if Minnesota was actively trying to flip him the last couple of weeks.
did you read the article i attached? Out of Charlotte and very much in praise of what he brought to the team - last year (the time you are saying "what happened?") Sounds like he's the kind of player that just makes the team better in ways that often don't show up in the boxscore. I find it interesting that, as we talk about the kind of players that help make SAS and OKC strong teams, it often centers around a deep pool of wing talent on those clubs who fly around wreaking havoc on D and then on O reliably hitting their shots. I think Josh Green is exactly the kind of player who would excel on both those clubs - and all we've done since we picked him up is talk about how we should trade him.
Because we have a glaring hole now at the 4 with this trade.. if the Wolves had traded Jaden (obviously I am glad they didn't) instead of Naz, we'd probably look at Josh Green as a must get in the trade (and we'd probably ask for a future first!). But again, when you're up against the second apron so closely and we have 14.6 mil for Green next year, Donte making 12.5 and Ayo going up to 19 mil next year... then the coach says we have a hole at the 4, I want Jaden to stay at the 3.... that's a lot of money for guys off the bench because Ant and Melo... obviously they will share the court with both and Jaden will get minutes at the 4. But full time? I don't see it. Logically what would make more sense is if the Wolves said look we did this deal because Donte is out and a free agent at the end of the year... now we add Josh Green who is a 3 and d wing, with the hole at the 4 we will use Donte's expiring to go find someone.

Hey Charlotte, you just got Royce O'neal, here's Donte's expiring for him so you get off the money in year two. Same deal with Sam Hauser in Boston. The other option is calling up Memphis like you (Yum) have mentioned... here's Donte for a younger 4 or two of 'em... hey we'll take DLo off your books if you send us GG Jackson... something like that.
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 18510
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by HeHateMe »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Wed Jul 15, 2026 10:16 am Wilder weighs in.

Wilder seems like a clown... is it just me?
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129083
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz

Post by weimy froob »

HeHateMe wrote: ↑Wed Jul 15, 2026 2:44 pm
weimy froob wrote: ↑Wed Jul 15, 2026 10:16 am Wilder weighs in.

Wilder seems like a clown... is it just me?
a youngin that loves basketball and is trying to make some money off his passion. his takes can be all over the place. when I disagree with him I have no problem letting him know in the reply section. :coolio:
Post Reply