Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Underrated Bands Thread
- Donovan McNabb
- ***Official Gibby Award Winner February 2018***
- Posts: 4193
- Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:14 pm
Underrated Bands Thread
Rancid. Every song they have is super catchy.
- Verle
- Posts: 18125
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm
- Location: Bumfuck,SD.
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
Retreat but never cower
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
-
Jimtown guy
- Posts: 8822
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:31 pm
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
UFO
The Cult
Queensryche
The Cult
Queensryche
-
thinktank
- Posts: 29459
- Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
I say it all the time. Guided By Voices is criminally underrated, especially live. They might be the best living American band.
There's tons of great live clips but for sound reasons I'm going with this beer-soaked gem called Cut-Out Witch.
The guy is over 60 but he can still do David Lee Roth high kicks and sing like a motherfucker.
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
There's tons of great live clips but for sound reasons I'm going with this beer-soaked gem called Cut-Out Witch.
The guy is over 60 but he can still do David Lee Roth high kicks and sing like a motherfucker.
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
- Verle
- Posts: 18125
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm
- Location: Bumfuck,SD.
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
I had never heard of this band so I listened to five of their songs. They may be one of today's better bands but that isn't very impressive considering the competition. The Stones are still alive and yes I am an FOG.
Retreat but never cower
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
I'm afraid disco is not making a comeback.
I like to get out and dance, and just take over the nightclub. T.J
Proud Card Carrying Member OCW
- Donovan McNabb
- ***Official Gibby Award Winner February 2018***
- Posts: 4193
- Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:14 pm
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
Stones are my favorite band from the 60s through the 70s. I like a lot of their lesser known songs too.
-
Edina Froob
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
For me it's the Pogues. I think they are way better than Dropkick Murphy's and Flogging Molly but are somehow way lesser known.
-
thinktank
- Posts: 29459
- Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
There's a ton of great music around today.
You're just not going to find it on mainstream radio.
Try Radio K.
But yeah, Guided By Voices is insanely good and I'm glad you checked it out.
Robert Pollard has released 101 albums so there is a lifetime of killer rock and roll to digest should you want it.
- memyworld
- Posts: 1660
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:23 am
- Location: Sioux Falls
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
While they're not underrated in some circles, I think Wilco has the stuff to be appreciated by a broader audience. I've seen them live a handful of times and they're great every single time.
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
- Lenny5160
- Posts: 3148
- Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:52 am
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
I'm a big Uncle Tupelo guy, which is where Jeff Tweedy started before forming Wilco. I tend to prefer the songs sung by Jay Farrar more than the Tweedy songs. Jay formed Son Volt afterward and they had a great first album, but not much after that.
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
butterscotch streetlamps mark my path
- memyworld
- Posts: 1660
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:23 am
- Location: Sioux Falls
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
Definitely worked my way backwards from Wilco to Uncle Tupelo a few years ago, which led me to Sun Volt and eventually to Farrar's other collaborators like Will Johnson (Centro Matic):Lenny5160 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:32 amI'm a big Uncle Tupelo guy, which is where Jeff Tweedy started before forming Wilco. I tend to prefer the songs sung by Jay Farrar more than the Tweedy songs. Jay formed Son Volt afterward and they had a great first album, but not much after that.
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
- Night Train
- ***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***
- Posts: 40668
- Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:56 pm
- Location: Corner of 14th and Oak
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
The Cult and The Pogues have already been mentioned, and I'll also add The Kinks, perhaps the third best band to emerge from the 60s British Invasion.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - EcclesiastICS 10:2
Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
- Qman65
- Posts: 5566
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm
-
thinktank
- Posts: 29459
- Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
Hard to call the Kinks underrated.Night Train wrote: ↑Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:51 am The Cult and The Pogues have already been mentioned, and I'll also add The Kinks, perhaps the third best band to emerge from the 60s British Invasion.
Been in the RnR HOF for 27 years.
- Night Train
- ***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***
- Posts: 40668
- Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:56 pm
- Location: Corner of 14th and Oak
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
Yet they're still an afterthought of the 60's British invasion after the Beatles and Stones.thinktank wrote: ↑Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:09 pmHard to call the Kinks underrated.Night Train wrote: ↑Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:51 am The Cult and The Pogues have already been mentioned, and I'll also add The Kinks, perhaps the third best band to emerge from the 60s British Invasion.
Been in the RnR HOF for 27 years.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - EcclesiastICS 10:2
Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
-
thinktank
- Posts: 29459
- Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
Not really. They're played on classic rock radio all the time. Just like The Who and Zeppelin.
-
thinktank
- Posts: 29459
- Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
.
Last edited by thinktank on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
thinktank
- Posts: 29459
- Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am
- Qman65
- Posts: 5566
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
You forgot how to post videos from youtube from the old board?thinktank wrote: ↑Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:58 pm
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
-
thinktank
- Posts: 29459
- Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
No. It's posted just like the old board. I think I was just tipsy.
- Qman65
- Posts: 5566
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
What about the Dave Clark Five?Night Train wrote: ↑Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:17 pmYet they're still an afterthought of the 60's British invasion after the Beatles and Stones.thinktank wrote: ↑Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:09 pmHard to call the Kinks underrated.Night Train wrote: ↑Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:51 am The Cult and The Pogues have already been mentioned, and I'll also add The Kinks, perhaps the third best band to emerge from the 60s British Invasion.
Been in the RnR HOF for 27 years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vmiE0A34tw
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
- Donovan McNabb
- ***Official Gibby Award Winner February 2018***
- Posts: 4193
- Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:14 pm
- Qman65
- Posts: 5566
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
- Slap Shot
- Posts: 48959
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
- Location: Here there and everywhere
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Interpol
Interpol
- Qman65
- Posts: 5566
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
- Qman65
- Posts: 5566
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm
Re: Underrated Bands Thread
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Really thrash metal in the end of hair metal.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!





