Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Moderators: Steven Seagal, Sylvester Stallone
- Cobey
- Trouble
- Posts: 28326
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm
Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
This thread will be your daily dose of motivation, inspiration and a general kick in the ass to inspire you to go out there and get some shit done.
Things that this material will not be:
a copy/paste job
pictures of mountains and shit
a collection of youtube videos
No. This thread will be 100% original material from Cobey. It will be a work-in-progress and may evolve over time, but the content will always be original. This much I promise you, Froobs.
Things that this material will not be:
a copy/paste job
pictures of mountains and shit
a collection of youtube videos
No. This thread will be 100% original material from Cobey. It will be a work-in-progress and may evolve over time, but the content will always be original. This much I promise you, Froobs.
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
This is exactly the kind of dedication needed for ultimate motivation.
I salute you, sir!
I salute you, sir!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
-
Slim Shady
- Posts: 51598
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:36 am
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Colbey
I'll be installing a new toilet in the next day or two
any words of advise?
I'll be installing a new toilet in the next day or two
any words of advise?
- Cobey
- Trouble
- Posts: 28326
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
9/25/2017
Mondays. Everyone dislikes them. Garfield disliked them and he was just a fat-ass cat who ate lasagna.
We're coming off a warm weekend. Maybe you went up north one last time this weekend, maybe you mowed the lawn and watched football, maybe you're nursing a hangover today. But today is the day we return to the daily and weekly grind. You are staring down the barrel of 40+ hours of work and your kids have their various activities going on and you need to figure out your schedule. The daily grind of the work week is monotonous, tedious and can seem incredibly daunting.
Routines, gentleman (and maybe ladies, but probably not), are holding you back.
Routines make you lazy
Routines make you complacent
Routines make you soft
Routines make you comfortable
Being comfortable makes you stagnant
So how do we break up our routines? With our many obligations that we have, this can be a difficult thing to do, but I am here to tell you that it is incredibly necessary, every once in a while for your mental health. So how do we do this?
That project around the house that you have been putting off? Get to Home Depot tonight and start tackling it. Tonight.
That hobby you have been thinking of taking up? Start researching the hobby, buy the basics and give it a shot.
Notice that you have been getting out of shape lately? Go for a run after work or sign up for a gym membership
Unhappy with how you look naked? Go lift some heavy shit and get into a weightlifting routine
Find a way to make yourself uncomfortable. How many things have you learned while you were comfortable? Probably not too many. You learn from the struggle. Were you comfortable the first time you drove the car around the block with your old man grasping the imaginary steering wheel and barking at you to stop? I know I wasn't, but guess what? I learned how to drive through practice. We learn by making mistakes. Don't be afraid to fuck up every once in a while. It's how you become a better man.
Mondays. Everyone dislikes them. Garfield disliked them and he was just a fat-ass cat who ate lasagna.
We're coming off a warm weekend. Maybe you went up north one last time this weekend, maybe you mowed the lawn and watched football, maybe you're nursing a hangover today. But today is the day we return to the daily and weekly grind. You are staring down the barrel of 40+ hours of work and your kids have their various activities going on and you need to figure out your schedule. The daily grind of the work week is monotonous, tedious and can seem incredibly daunting.
Routines, gentleman (and maybe ladies, but probably not), are holding you back.
Routines make you lazy
Routines make you complacent
Routines make you soft
Routines make you comfortable
Being comfortable makes you stagnant
So how do we break up our routines? With our many obligations that we have, this can be a difficult thing to do, but I am here to tell you that it is incredibly necessary, every once in a while for your mental health. So how do we do this?
That project around the house that you have been putting off? Get to Home Depot tonight and start tackling it. Tonight.
That hobby you have been thinking of taking up? Start researching the hobby, buy the basics and give it a shot.
Notice that you have been getting out of shape lately? Go for a run after work or sign up for a gym membership
Unhappy with how you look naked? Go lift some heavy shit and get into a weightlifting routine
Find a way to make yourself uncomfortable. How many things have you learned while you were comfortable? Probably not too many. You learn from the struggle. Were you comfortable the first time you drove the car around the block with your old man grasping the imaginary steering wheel and barking at you to stop? I know I wasn't, but guess what? I learned how to drive through practice. We learn by making mistakes. Don't be afraid to fuck up every once in a while. It's how you become a better man.
Last edited by Cobey on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Cobey
- Trouble
- Posts: 28326
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
This is for motivation. If you are in need of expert advice, I would suggest going to the "ask an expert" thread.Slim Shady wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:17 pm Colbey
I'll be installing a new toilet in the next day or two
any words of advise?
-
Slim Shady
- Posts: 51598
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:36 am
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
the fuq?Cobey wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:46 pm 9/25/2017
Mondays. Everyone dislikes them. Garfield disliked them and he was just a fat-ass cat who ate lasagna.
We're coming off a warm weekend. Maybe you went up north one last time this weekend, maybe you mowed the lawn and watched football, maybe you're nursing a hangover today. But today is the day we return to the daily and weekly grind. You are staring down the barrel of 40+ hours of work and your kids have their various activities going on and you need to figure out your schedule. The daily grind of the work week is monotonous, tedious and can seem incredibly daunting.
Routines, gentleman (and maybe ladies, but probably not), are holding you back.
Routines make you lazy
Routines make you complacent
Routines make you soft
Routines make you comfortable
Being comfortable makes you stagnant
So how do we break up our routines? With our many obligations that we have, this can be a difficult thing to do, but I am here to tell you that it is incredibly necessary, every once in a while for your mental health. So how do we do this?
That project around the house that you have been putting off? Get to Home Depot tonight and start tackling it. Tonight.
That hobby you have been thinking of taking up? Start researching the hobby, buy the basics and give it a shot.
Notice that you have been getting out of shape lately? Go for a run after work or sign up for a gym membership
Unhappy with how you look naked? Go lift some heavy shit and get into a weightlifting routine
Find a way to make yourself uncomfortable. How many things have you learned while you were comfortable? Probably not too many. You learn from the struggle. Were you comfortable the first time you drove the car around the block with your old man grasping the imaginary steering wheel and barking at you to stop? I know I wasn't, but guess what? I learned how to drive through practice. We learn by making mistakes. Don't be afraid to fuck up every once in a while. It's how you become a better man.
-
Slim Shady
- Posts: 51598
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:36 am
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
well I'm not feeling overly motivated to get the job done so....Cobey wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:47 pmThis is for motivation. If you are in need of expert advice, I would suggest going to the "ask an expert" thread.Slim Shady wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:17 pm Colbey
I'll be installing a new toilet in the next day or two
any words of advise?
- Cobey
- Trouble
- Posts: 28326
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
That hit too close to home or something?Slim Shady wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:48 pmthe fuq?Cobey wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:46 pm 9/25/2017
Mondays. Everyone dislikes them. Garfield disliked them and he was just a fat-ass cat who ate lasagna.
We're coming off a warm weekend. Maybe you went up north one last time this weekend, maybe you mowed the lawn and watched football, maybe you're nursing a hangover today. But today is the day we return to the daily and weekly grind. You are staring down the barrel of 40+ hours of work and your kids have their various activities going on and you need to figure out your schedule. The daily grind of the work week is monotonous, tedious and can seem incredibly daunting.
Routines, gentleman (and maybe ladies, but probably not), are holding you back.
Routines make you lazy
Routines make you complacent
Routines make you soft
Routines make you comfortable
Being comfortable makes you stagnant
So how do we break up our routines? With our many obligations that we have, this can be a difficult thing to do, but I am here to tell you that it is incredibly necessary, every once in a while for your mental health. So how do we do this?
That project around the house that you have been putting off? Get to Home Depot tonight and start tackling it. Tonight.
That hobby you have been thinking of taking up? Start researching the hobby, buy the basics and give it a shot.
Notice that you have been getting out of shape lately? Go for a run after work or sign up for a gym membership
Unhappy with how you look naked? Go lift some heavy shit and get into a weightlifting routine
Find a way to make yourself uncomfortable. How many things have you learned while you were comfortable? Probably not too many. You learn from the struggle. Were you comfortable the first time you drove the car around the block with your old man grasping the imaginary steering wheel and barking at you to stop? I know I wasn't, but guess what? I learned how to drive through practice. We learn by making mistakes. Don't be afraid to fuck up every once in a while. It's how you become a better man.
-
Slim Shady
- Posts: 51598
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:36 am
- Ask Not
- ***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 51927
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:28 pm
- Location: East Metro or Montgomery Legion
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
So I should not do my superset routines at Curves tonight?
That whatcher sayin?
That whatcher sayin?
- Cobey
- Trouble
- Posts: 28326
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm
- feekdogg
- Posts: 38633
- Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:56 pm
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
You can try to tell me to go to Home Depot, but I'm a Menards guy, so you can fuck right off.
I made this!
- Cobey
- Trouble
- Posts: 28326
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm
- feekdogg
- Posts: 38633
- Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:56 pm
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
If I go to Home Depot instead of Menards, where am I supposed to buy my V8 juice and Dinty Moore beef stew, smart guy?
I made this!
- Mandatory
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 51016
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
- Location: West Metro
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
I really would have preferred copy/paste quotes and mountains and shit.
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
- Cobey
- Trouble
- Posts: 28326
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm
- Oh Canada
- ***Official 2020 Froob Bracket Winner***
- Posts: 10132
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:09 am
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
This.
10
Queen
Obviously not a dude
RIP J xoxo
Queen
Obviously not a dude
RIP J xoxo
- Cobey
- Trouble
- Posts: 28326
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
9/26/2017
Good morning everyone. It's time to get after it.
Alright motherfuckers. No more pussy-footing around. No more soft talk. This motivational entry is not going to leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy. But frankly, warm and fuzzy feelings are for pussies. And we have too many pussies among us as it is. It's time for some tough talk.
Maybe you feel a bit unappreciated at home. Maybe you feel like you deserve a raise or a promotion. Maybe you feel burned out and need to take a break from things for a week.
But here's the thing bros...nobody gives a fuck about how you feel. Do you think your wife or your kids give a fuck about the work you're doing to put food on the table? They don't. All they care about is that the food is there. Do you think your company gives a fuck that you're underpaid? All they care about is that you are doing your work. These people may fake empathy when you raise your concerns, but that is only to keep you there to continue providing the benefit to them. Deep down, everyone is motivated by selfish desires to some degree. Even the seemingly selfless people who seem to put everyone ahead of themselves is doing so for selfish reasons. I know this, because I was one of these people for a very long time. Most of my life, in fact. Mother Theresa and Gandhi were people that seemed to have a truly selfless nature to them, but in both of these cases, they certainly gained some selfish satisfaction in the sacrifice. Selfishness is not a bad thing.
Selfishness allows you to stand up for your beliefs and ethics
Selfishness allows you to tell your boss that you think you deserve a raise or promotion
Selfishness allows you to tell your wife when she's being a ****
Selfishness allows you to tell your kids to give you 20 minutes to unwind after work before dealing with their bullshit
Again, I will say, nobody gives a fuck about you.
The guy who you had the job interview with: he doesn't give a fuck about you, he's only looking for a qualified person who will be a positive contribution for his team, allowing his team to beat budgetary forecasts, which gives him a positive outlook to upper management.
The guy trying to merge onto the freeway in front of you: He doesn't give a fuck about you. He's only looking to get home safely and efficiently.
I don't give a fuck about you. I am here only for my own entertainment, because I am bored at work and looking to kill some time. I started this thread more for my own benefit than yours. Any benefit others may garner from this is ancillary.
Nobody gives a fuck about you and your struggle...and that's okay. Because you give a fuck about you and that's enough. It's a tough world out there, look out for yourself. No one is going to hand it to you (I will cover this in tomorrow's edition).
Now go out there and get after it, motherfuckers.
Good morning everyone. It's time to get after it.
Alright motherfuckers. No more pussy-footing around. No more soft talk. This motivational entry is not going to leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy. But frankly, warm and fuzzy feelings are for pussies. And we have too many pussies among us as it is. It's time for some tough talk.
Maybe you feel a bit unappreciated at home. Maybe you feel like you deserve a raise or a promotion. Maybe you feel burned out and need to take a break from things for a week.
But here's the thing bros...nobody gives a fuck about how you feel. Do you think your wife or your kids give a fuck about the work you're doing to put food on the table? They don't. All they care about is that the food is there. Do you think your company gives a fuck that you're underpaid? All they care about is that you are doing your work. These people may fake empathy when you raise your concerns, but that is only to keep you there to continue providing the benefit to them. Deep down, everyone is motivated by selfish desires to some degree. Even the seemingly selfless people who seem to put everyone ahead of themselves is doing so for selfish reasons. I know this, because I was one of these people for a very long time. Most of my life, in fact. Mother Theresa and Gandhi were people that seemed to have a truly selfless nature to them, but in both of these cases, they certainly gained some selfish satisfaction in the sacrifice. Selfishness is not a bad thing.
Selfishness allows you to stand up for your beliefs and ethics
Selfishness allows you to tell your boss that you think you deserve a raise or promotion
Selfishness allows you to tell your wife when she's being a ****
Selfishness allows you to tell your kids to give you 20 minutes to unwind after work before dealing with their bullshit
Again, I will say, nobody gives a fuck about you.
The guy who you had the job interview with: he doesn't give a fuck about you, he's only looking for a qualified person who will be a positive contribution for his team, allowing his team to beat budgetary forecasts, which gives him a positive outlook to upper management.
The guy trying to merge onto the freeway in front of you: He doesn't give a fuck about you. He's only looking to get home safely and efficiently.
I don't give a fuck about you. I am here only for my own entertainment, because I am bored at work and looking to kill some time. I started this thread more for my own benefit than yours. Any benefit others may garner from this is ancillary.
Nobody gives a fuck about you and your struggle...and that's okay. Because you give a fuck about you and that's enough. It's a tough world out there, look out for yourself. No one is going to hand it to you (I will cover this in tomorrow's edition).
Now go out there and get after it, motherfuckers.
- Cobey
- Trouble
- Posts: 28326
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm
- cmd24
- ***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***
- Posts: 40114
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:20 am
- Location: Not Lonsdale!
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
I don't have the motivation to read all this.Cobey wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:28 am 9/26/2017
Good morning everyone. It's time to get after it.
Alright motherfuckers. No more pussy-footing around. No more soft talk. This motivational entry is not going to leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy. But frankly, warm and fuzzy feelings are for pussies. And we have too many pussies among us as it is. It's time for some tough talk.
Maybe you feel a bit unappreciated at home. Maybe you feel like you deserve a raise or a promotion. Maybe you feel burned out and need to take a break from things for a week.
But here's the thing bros...nobody gives a fuck about how you feel. Do you think your wife or your kids give a fuck about the work you're doing to put food on the table? They don't. All they care about is that the food is there. Do you think your company gives a fuck that you're underpaid? All they care about is that you are doing your work. These people may fake empathy when you raise your concerns, but that is only to keep you there to continue providing the benefit to them. Deep down, everyone is motivated by selfish desires to some degree. Even the seemingly selfless people who seem to put everyone ahead of themselves is doing so for selfish reasons. I know this, because I was one of these people for a very long time. Most of my life, in fact. Mother Theresa and Gandhi were people that seemed to have a truly selfless nature to them, but in both of these cases, they certainly gained some selfish satisfaction in the sacrifice. Selfishness is not a bad thing.
Selfishness allows you to stand up for your beliefs and ethics
Selfishness allows you to tell your boss that you think you deserve a raise or promotion
Selfishness allows you to tell your wife when she's being a ****
Selfishness allows you to tell your kids to give you 20 minutes to unwind after work before dealing with their bullshit
Again, I will say, nobody gives a fuck about you.
The guy who you had the job interview with: he doesn't give a fuck about you, he's only looking for a qualified person who will be a positive contribution for his team, allowing his team to beat budgetary forecasts, which gives him a positive outlook to upper management.
The guy trying to merge onto the freeway in front of you: He doesn't give a fuck about you. He's only looking to get home safely and efficiently.
I don't give a fuck about you. I am here only for my own entertainment, because I am bored at work and looking to kill some time. I started this thread more for my own benefit than yours. Any benefit others may garner from this is ancillary.
Nobody gives a fuck about you and your struggle...and that's okay. Because you give a fuck about you and that's enough. It's a tough world out there, look out for yourself. No one is going to hand it to you (I will cover this in tomorrow's edition).
Now go out there and get after it, motherfuckers.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
-
Slim Shady
- Posts: 51598
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:36 am
- Oh Canada
- ***Official 2020 Froob Bracket Winner***
- Posts: 10132
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:09 am
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
This thread needs this...


10
Queen
Obviously not a dude
RIP J xoxo
Queen
Obviously not a dude
RIP J xoxo
- Cobey
- Trouble
- Posts: 28326
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
I don't give a fuckcmd24 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:50 amI don't have the motivation to read all this.Cobey wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:28 am 9/26/2017
Good morning everyone. It's time to get after it.
Alright motherfuckers. No more pussy-footing around. No more soft talk. This motivational entry is not going to leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy. But frankly, warm and fuzzy feelings are for pussies. And we have too many pussies among us as it is. It's time for some tough talk.
Maybe you feel a bit unappreciated at home. Maybe you feel like you deserve a raise or a promotion. Maybe you feel burned out and need to take a break from things for a week.
But here's the thing bros...nobody gives a fuck about how you feel. Do you think your wife or your kids give a fuck about the work you're doing to put food on the table? They don't. All they care about is that the food is there. Do you think your company gives a fuck that you're underpaid? All they care about is that you are doing your work. These people may fake empathy when you raise your concerns, but that is only to keep you there to continue providing the benefit to them. Deep down, everyone is motivated by selfish desires to some degree. Even the seemingly selfless people who seem to put everyone ahead of themselves is doing so for selfish reasons. I know this, because I was one of these people for a very long time. Most of my life, in fact. Mother Theresa and Gandhi were people that seemed to have a truly selfless nature to them, but in both of these cases, they certainly gained some selfish satisfaction in the sacrifice. Selfishness is not a bad thing.
Selfishness allows you to stand up for your beliefs and ethics
Selfishness allows you to tell your boss that you think you deserve a raise or promotion
Selfishness allows you to tell your wife when she's being a ****
Selfishness allows you to tell your kids to give you 20 minutes to unwind after work before dealing with their bullshit
Again, I will say, nobody gives a fuck about you.
The guy who you had the job interview with: he doesn't give a fuck about you, he's only looking for a qualified person who will be a positive contribution for his team, allowing his team to beat budgetary forecasts, which gives him a positive outlook to upper management.
The guy trying to merge onto the freeway in front of you: He doesn't give a fuck about you. He's only looking to get home safely and efficiently.
I don't give a fuck about you. I am here only for my own entertainment, because I am bored at work and looking to kill some time. I started this thread more for my own benefit than yours. Any benefit others may garner from this is ancillary.
Nobody gives a fuck about you and your struggle...and that's okay. Because you give a fuck about you and that's enough. It's a tough world out there, look out for yourself. No one is going to hand it to you (I will cover this in tomorrow's edition).
Now go out there and get after it, motherfuckers.
- Cobey
- Trouble
- Posts: 28326
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
I don't give a fuck.
- Cobey
- Trouble
- Posts: 28326
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm
- Oh Canada
- ***Official 2020 Froob Bracket Winner***
- Posts: 10132
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:09 am
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Awe, sweetheart, I don't give a fuck either.
10
Queen
Obviously not a dude
RIP J xoxo
Queen
Obviously not a dude
RIP J xoxo
-
Sellingguy
- ***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***
- Posts: 59240
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm
- Cobey
- Trouble
- Posts: 28326
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm
- Cobey
- Trouble
- Posts: 28326
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm
- Ask Not
- ***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 51927
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:28 pm
- Location: East Metro or Montgomery Legion





