Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
*** Official Monday Night Raw - Running Game Day Thread ***
- j2j
- Posts: 27781
- Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:43 pm
*** Official Monday Night Raw - Running Game Day Thread ***
I have a feeling I will be alone in this thread, but screw it, let's go.
I thought tonight's show was actually pretty solid up until the most cringe worthy shit I've seen since Mae Young gave birth to a hand... The Lana Lashley Wedding was the biggest trainwreck ever. Rusev and the return of Liv Morgan were shitcanned.
I loved the Buddy Murphy vs Aleister Black match. Kind of think those two should join up. Similar looks, complimentary styles, maybe some mutual respect after their program.
I really like the return of Samoa Joe to partner with Kevin Owens vs Seth and AOP. Should be a fun storyline.
Drew McIntyre is being used well to prep for a big run. Same with Erick Rowan, as well as the Street Profits.
I've always been a Randy Orton mark, so his ploy against AJ Styles was great.
Not often you can say this lately, but it truly was a good show, up until that abortion of a "main event".
I thought tonight's show was actually pretty solid up until the most cringe worthy shit I've seen since Mae Young gave birth to a hand... The Lana Lashley Wedding was the biggest trainwreck ever. Rusev and the return of Liv Morgan were shitcanned.
I loved the Buddy Murphy vs Aleister Black match. Kind of think those two should join up. Similar looks, complimentary styles, maybe some mutual respect after their program.
I really like the return of Samoa Joe to partner with Kevin Owens vs Seth and AOP. Should be a fun storyline.
Drew McIntyre is being used well to prep for a big run. Same with Erick Rowan, as well as the Street Profits.
I've always been a Randy Orton mark, so his ploy against AJ Styles was great.
Not often you can say this lately, but it truly was a good show, up until that abortion of a "main event".
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.
***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
- cmd24
- ***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***
- Posts: 40112
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:20 am
- Location: Not Lonsdale!
Re: *** Official Monday Night Raw - Running Game Day Thread ***
I'm in the middle of a rewatch of Nitro/Raw, starting from the NWO era. That's how much I can help your thread, my man.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
- j2j
- Posts: 27781
- Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:43 pm
Re: *** Official Monday Night Raw - Running Game Day Thread ***
That would be fun to do. I love watching old episodes.
Watching NXT tonight. Best thing going currently.
Last edited by j2j on Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.
***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
-
Barton Fink
- Posts: 380
- Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:07 am
Re: *** Official Monday Night Raw - Running Game Day Thread ***
- j2j
- Posts: 27781
- Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:43 pm
Re: *** Official Monday Night Raw - Running Game Day Thread ***
Much less filler. Not as many jokes or as much time on the mic. It's more about the wrestling. The lines between face/heel aren't as pronounced, with fans cheering for both during a match.Barton Fink wrote: ↑Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:58 pmAre the jokes and mic skills better than Raw/Smackdown? I've never watched much NXT
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.
***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
-
Barton Fink
- Posts: 380
- Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:07 am
Re: *** Official Monday Night Raw - Running Game Day Thread ***
Ah ok. The talking and terrible storylines are my favorite parts of WWE!j2j wrote: ↑Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:06 pmMuch less filler. Not as many jokes or as much time on the mic. It's more about the wrestling. The lines between face/heel aren't as pronounced, with fans cheering for both during a match.Barton Fink wrote: ↑Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:58 pmAre the jokes and mic skills better than Raw/Smackdown? I've never watched much NXT
- Jimi_Thing
- Posts: 24568
- Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:53 pm
Re: *** Official Monday Night Raw - Running Game Day Thread ***
I'll try to start watching tonight.
I usually wait for the Vikings season to be over and then I treat myself to the only sport that doesn't leave me frustrated and annoyed for the rest of the winter.
I usually wait for the Vikings season to be over and then I treat myself to the only sport that doesn't leave me frustrated and annoyed for the rest of the winter.
-
Barton Fink
- Posts: 380
- Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:07 am
Re: *** Official Monday Night Raw - Running Game Day Thread ***
Should be a good show tonight, boys!
- j2j
- Posts: 27781
- Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:43 pm
Re: *** Official Monday Night Raw - Running Game Day Thread ***
Solid program. Had the double screen going for the football game and Raw. Lana/Rusev/Lashley is still terrible. Annoyed that Liv is being dragged into it.
The Monday Night Messiah angle is a good one. Curious what the payoff is going to be. Up to 4 in the stable, does it grow? Does the counter stable grow? Is there some Goldberg type protagonist in the future? Definitely curious if it's pissing off a certain demographic amongst their viewers. Potential to be one of the edgier things they've done in awhile.
Randy Orton, AJ Styles, Drew McIntyre is great. Becky Lynch storyline is being played well. Missed the Charlotte and Rowan matches because of the game.
Raw is better than Smackdown right now, but NXT is better than everything. "AWE" is meh... They're burning themselves out and dont have enough talent to sustain. They're banking on future defections carrying them and that's dangerous.
The Monday Night Messiah angle is a good one. Curious what the payoff is going to be. Up to 4 in the stable, does it grow? Does the counter stable grow? Is there some Goldberg type protagonist in the future? Definitely curious if it's pissing off a certain demographic amongst their viewers. Potential to be one of the edgier things they've done in awhile.
Randy Orton, AJ Styles, Drew McIntyre is great. Becky Lynch storyline is being played well. Missed the Charlotte and Rowan matches because of the game.
Raw is better than Smackdown right now, but NXT is better than everything. "AWE" is meh... They're burning themselves out and dont have enough talent to sustain. They're banking on future defections carrying them and that's dangerous.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.
***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
-
Barton Fink
- Posts: 380
- Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:07 am
Re: *** Official Monday Night Raw - Running Game Day Thread ***
j2j wrote: ↑Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:56 pm Solid program. Had the double screen going for the football game and Raw. Lana/Rusev/Lashley is still terrible. Annoyed that Liv is being dragged into it.
The Monday Night Messiah angle is a good one. Curious what the payoff is going to be. Up to 4 in the stable, does it grow? Does the counter stable grow? Is there some Goldberg type protagonist in the future? Definitely curious if it's pissing off a certain demographic amongst their viewers. Potential to be one of the edgier things they've done in awhile.
Randy Orton, AJ Styles, Drew McIntyre is great. Becky Lynch storyline is being played well. Missed the Charlotte and Rowan matches because of the game.
Raw is better than Smackdown right now, but NXT is better than everything. "AWE" is meh... They're burning themselves out and dont have enough talent to sustain. They're banking on future defections carrying them and that's dangerous.
I'm one of the few who think the Lana/Rusev/Lashley act is hilarious. I agree it's absolutely terrible but I think it's hilarious!

