Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Name your bro-mance

Music forum.
Post Reply
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***
Posts: 22632
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:17 am

Name your bro-mance

Post by vikesbumeout »

Dave Grohl for me....guy wants the art of music to remain “human” ......searching for balance. Owns Sound City mixing board = analog.

Love this guy.
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Name your bro-mance

Post by YBBR »

Musical bromance? Let me think about that one. This is a cool topic. The Sound City console is that Neve they had right?
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
Qman65
Posts: 5566
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm

Re: Name your bro-mance

Post by Qman65 »

User avatar
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***
Posts: 40114
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:20 am
Location: Not Lonsdale!

Re: Name your bro-mance

Post by cmd24 »

Off the top of my head, I'd say Scott Holiday from Rival Sons. Dynamite guitar player, and seems like the epitome of California Cool, being from the Long Beach area. I've listened to numerous interviews with him, and he's such a chill guy. But, I also love his throwback stage presence. Wears a casual suit on stage, hipster style mustache (though I don't care for hipsters), shades, and plays in that gritty Led Zeppelin-esque bluesy style.

By all accounts, he should be a guy I hate, given his nature, but I think that's what makes me respect him. He's just so cool, down to earth, and knowledgeable.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
User avatar
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***
Posts: 51016
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
Location: West Metro

Re: Name your bro-mance

Post by Mandatory »

cmd
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
User avatar
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***
Posts: 40114
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:20 am
Location: Not Lonsdale!

Re: Name your bro-mance

Post by cmd24 »

Mandatory wrote: ↑Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:12 amcmd
But I'm not a musician anymore.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Name your bro-mance

Post by YBBR »

cmd24 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:09 am Off the top of my head, I'd say Scott Holiday from Rival Sons. Dynamite guitar player, and seems like the epitome of California Cool, being from the Long Beach area. I've listened to numerous interviews with him, and he's such a chill guy. But, I also love his throwback stage presence. Wears a casual suit on stage, hipster style mustache (though I don't care for hipsters), shades, and plays in that gritty Led Zeppelin-esque bluesy style.

By all accounts, he should be a guy I hate, given his nature, but I think that's what makes me respect him. He's just so cool, down to earth, and knowledgeable.
Scott Holiday I straight up hate you, but God damn it if I don't respect you. That's a cool choice.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***
Posts: 40114
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:20 am
Location: Not Lonsdale!

Re: Name your bro-mance

Post by cmd24 »

YBBR wrote: ↑Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:24 am
cmd24 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:09 am Off the top of my head, I'd say Scott Holiday from Rival Sons. Dynamite guitar player, and seems like the epitome of California Cool, being from the Long Beach area. I've listened to numerous interviews with him, and he's such a chill guy. But, I also love his throwback stage presence. Wears a casual suit on stage, hipster style mustache (though I don't care for hipsters), shades, and plays in that gritty Led Zeppelin-esque bluesy style.

By all accounts, he should be a guy I hate, given his nature, but I think that's what makes me respect him. He's just so cool, down to earth, and knowledgeable.
Scott Holiday I straight up hate you, but God damn it if I don't respect you. That's a cool choice.
I would put Rival Sons as my favorite band right now, even though at first glance, I shouldn't like anything about them. They scream hipster yuppy, whatever, but holy shit, are those guys something else. Such good musicians, in that throwback 60's-70's style. And like I said, I really enjoy his interviews. Same with Jay Buchanon, the lead singer.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
User avatar
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***
Posts: 51016
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
Location: West Metro

Re: Name your bro-mance

Post by Mandatory »

Mandatory wrote: ↑Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:12 amcmd
Minor detail.
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
Post Reply