Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Do you have a girl friend?

General topics

Moderators: Steven Seagal, Sylvester Stallone

Post Reply
User avatar
Donovan McNabb
***Official Gibby Award Winner February 2018***
Posts: 4193
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:14 pm

Do you have a girl friend?

Post by Donovan McNabb »

Nothing against having guys as friends, but it's definitely different. You can't talk with them as much and you generally do different things with guy friends than with girls. I think it's hard to find a girl who wants to be just friends, but when you do it's very fulfilling.

Do any of you have a girl you're close friends with? What are some things that make it difficult? For me it's always been when she finds a boyfriend or gets married. It's not that she shuts you out, but things change. Her bf/husband will be suspicious of you.
Slim Shady
Posts: 51598
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:36 am

Re: Do you have a girl friend?

Post by Slim Shady »

Donovan McNabb wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:37 pm Nothing against having guys as friends, but it's definitely different. You can't talk with them as much and you generally do different things with guy friends than with girls. I think it's hard to find a girl who wants to be just friends, but when you do it's very fulfilling.

Do any of you have a girl you're close friends with? What are some things that make it difficult? For me it's always been when she finds a boyfriend or gets married. It's not that she shuts you out, but things change. Her bf/husband will be suspicious of you.
have you started questioning your sexuality yet?
I forget where we are in the latest dawn :thinking:
User avatar
Donovan McNabb
***Official Gibby Award Winner February 2018***
Posts: 4193
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:14 pm

Re: Do you have a girl friend?

Post by Donovan McNabb »

Slim Shady wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:46 pm
Donovan McNabb wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:37 pm Nothing against having guys as friends, but it's definitely different. You can't talk with them as much and you generally do different things with guy friends than with girls. I think it's hard to find a girl who wants to be just friends, but when you do it's very fulfilling.

Do any of you have a girl you're close friends with? What are some things that make it difficult? For me it's always been when she finds a boyfriend or gets married. It's not that she shuts you out, but things change. Her bf/husband will be suspicious of you.
have you started questioning your sexuality yet?
I forget where we are in the latest dawn :thinking:
That isn't relevant to the discussion. I find plenty of women pretty, but I would prefer a girlfriend who I'm not romantically/physically involved with.
User avatar
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***
Posts: 51016
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
Location: West Metro

Re: Do you have a girl friend?

Post by Mandatory »

Slim Shady wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:46 pm
Donovan McNabb wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:37 pm Nothing against having guys as friends, but it's definitely different. You can't talk with them as much and you generally do different things with guy friends than with girls. I think it's hard to find a girl who wants to be just friends, but when you do it's very fulfilling.

Do any of you have a girl you're close friends with? What are some things that make it difficult? For me it's always been when she finds a boyfriend or gets married. It's not that she shuts you out, but things change. Her bf/husband will be suspicious of you.
have you started questioning your sexuality yet?
I forget where we are in the latest dawn :thinking:
Please Slim, I beg you to keep your snide remarks germane to the conversation at hand.
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
User avatar
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***
Posts: 51016
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
Location: West Metro

Re: Do you have a girl friend?

Post by Mandatory »

Ahh, yes... this reminds me of when I discovered the dangers of intimate relations with women. I first became aware of it during the physical act of love. A profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.

I can assure you it has not recurred. Women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women but I do deny them my essence.
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
User avatar
The Arduino Kid
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Re: Do you have a girl friend?

Post by The Arduino Kid »

Any healthy marriage is based primarily on friendship anyway.

The fiery, romantic type of love is always temporary. It is nature's way of getting us to mate. Any marriage based solely on it will surely end in divorce. Though, it is a great thing when a healthy marriage also includes this type of passionate love at certain intervals.
User avatar
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan
Posts: 4232
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:56 pm

Re: Do you have a girl friend?

Post by Decker23 »

The Arduino Kid wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:01 pm Any healthy marriage is based primarily on friendship anyway.

The fiery, romantic type of love is always temporary. It is nature's way of getting us to mate. Any marriage based solely on it will surely end in divorce. Though, it is a great thing when a healthy marriage also includes this type of passionate love at certain intervals.
Are you a doctor?
"I wanna wear Nike's, not make them shits!" - Dave Chappelle
User avatar
The Arduino Kid
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Re: Do you have a girl friend?

Post by The Arduino Kid »

Decker23 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:28 pm
The Arduino Kid wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:01 pm Any healthy marriage is based primarily on friendship anyway.

The fiery, romantic type of love is always temporary. It is nature's way of getting us to mate. Any marriage based solely on it will surely end in divorce. Though, it is a great thing when a healthy marriage also includes this type of passionate love at certain intervals.
Are you a doctor?
I don't like labels.
User avatar
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***
Posts: 51016
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
Location: West Metro

Re: Do you have a girl friend?

Post by Mandatory »

The Arduino Kid wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:39 pm
Decker23 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:28 pm
The Arduino Kid wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:01 pm Any healthy marriage is based primarily on friendship anyway.

The fiery, romantic type of love is always temporary. It is nature's way of getting us to mate. Any marriage based solely on it will surely end in divorce. Though, it is a great thing when a healthy marriage also includes this type of passionate love at certain intervals.
Are you a doctor?
I don't like labels.

I don't like you.
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
User avatar
The Arduino Kid
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Re: Do you have a girl friend?

Post by The Arduino Kid »

Mandatory wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:48 pm
The Arduino Kid wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:39 pm
Decker23 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:28 pm

Are you a doctor?
I don't like labels.

I don't like you.
Shame, because I like you just fine!
User avatar
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***
Posts: 51016
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
Location: West Metro

Re: Do you have a girl friend?

Post by Mandatory »

The Arduino Kid wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:49 pm
Mandatory wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:48 pm
The Arduino Kid wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:39 pm

I don't like labels.

I don't like you.
Shame, because I like you just fine!
Just kidding! Let's meat!
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
User avatar
kilkenny
Posts: 9177
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:53 am

Re: Do you have a girl friend?

Post by kilkenny »

Yes I do have a girlfriend. I've also been married to her for a long time. Are you trying to find out what it's like to have sex?
jakazz30
Posts: 6135
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:35 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Do you have a girl friend?

Post by jakazz30 »

Donovan McNabb wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:37 pm Nothing against having guys as friends, but it's definitely different. You can't talk with them as much and you generally do different things with guy friends than with girls. I think it's hard to find a girl who wants to be just friends, but when you do it's very fulfilling.

Do any of you have a girl you're close friends with? What are some things that make it difficult? For me it's always been when she finds a boyfriend or gets married. It's not that she shuts you out, but things change. Her bf/husband will be suspicious of you.
I highly doubt any male would worry about you..
User avatar
Donovan McNabb
***Official Gibby Award Winner February 2018***
Posts: 4193
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:14 pm

Re: Do you have a girl friend?

Post by Donovan McNabb »

jakazz30 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:40 pm
Donovan McNabb wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:37 pm Nothing against having guys as friends, but it's definitely different. You can't talk with them as much and you generally do different things with guy friends than with girls. I think it's hard to find a girl who wants to be just friends, but when you do it's very fulfilling.

Do any of you have a girl you're close friends with? What are some things that make it difficult? For me it's always been when she finds a boyfriend or gets married. It's not that she shuts you out, but things change. Her bf/husband will be suspicious of you.
I highly doubt any male would worry about you..
Males usually are at least a little concerned about other males with their wives/girlfriends. It's instinct.
Post Reply