Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
San Francisco Froobs - Froobs who've been to San Francisco
Moderators: Steven Seagal, Sylvester Stallone
- Oh Canada
- ***Official 2020 Froob Bracket Winner***
- Posts: 10132
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:09 am
Re: San Francisco Froobs - Froobs who've been to San Francisco
Although, I will say that I’ve gone on a handful of dates with a dude. He seems cool and we laugh a lot. I’m enjoying it.
10
Queen
Obviously not a dude
RIP J xoxo
Queen
Obviously not a dude
RIP J xoxo
- Eroder
- Posts: 92572
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 9:02 am
-
Steve Winwood
- Posts: 147
- Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:50 am
Re: San Francisco Froobs - Froobs who've been to San Francisco
I'm going in two weeks. Will post highlights when I get back. My first time there as well.
- Oh Canada
- ***Official 2020 Froob Bracket Winner***
- Posts: 10132
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:09 am
Re: San Francisco Froobs - Froobs who've been to San Francisco
10
Queen
Obviously not a dude
RIP J xoxo
Queen
Obviously not a dude
RIP J xoxo
- Rimfire
- Posts: 3209
- Joined: Tue May 16, 2023 1:31 pm
Re: San Francisco Froobs - Froobs who've been to San Francisco
Glad you're going with a friend OC you'll have much more fun on this trip with a good traveling companion. Also good call on not having a car while in the city, Bay Area Rapid Transit will get you anywhere you might want to go and is safe & affordable.
Be sure to have your buddy share some of the driving duties so you can soak up the scenery on the hike down the PCH to Monterey/Carmel.
Your itinerary sounds AWESOME
Rock over London, Rock on Chicago
Calcutta Clipper swings down, swings up, lakefront influence...and out
Calcutta Clipper swings down, swings up, lakefront influence...and out
- Oh Canada
- ***Official 2020 Froob Bracket Winner***
- Posts: 10132
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:09 am
Re: San Francisco Froobs - Froobs who've been to San Francisco
Have fun! Yes, I look forward to an update.Steve Winwood wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2026 9:56 am I'm going in two weeks. Will post highlights when I get back. My first time there as well.
10
Queen
Obviously not a dude
RIP J xoxo
Queen
Obviously not a dude
RIP J xoxo
-
Steve Winwood
- Posts: 147
- Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:50 am
Re: San Francisco Froobs - Froobs who've been to San Francisco
Will be doing the Giants game as well. But no other set plans. I like to be spontaneous. Looking forward to it.Oh Canada wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2026 10:57 amHave fun! Yes, I look forward to an update.Steve Winwood wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2026 9:56 am I'm going in two weeks. Will post highlights when I get back. My first time there as well.
- Oh Canada
- ***Official 2020 Froob Bracket Winner***
- Posts: 10132
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:09 am
Re: San Francisco Froobs - Froobs who've been to San Francisco
I got lucky with the timing and she was able to make it work. I am good at having fun on my own but it will be more fun with her. I’ve never seen a full size palm tree so I’m so excited for that! And I can’t wait to see some redwoods. I’m a big tree fan so I’m gonna hug some! And I’ll probably cry.Rimfire wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2026 10:04 amGlad you're going with a friend OC you'll have much more fun on this trip with a good traveling companion. Also good call on not having a car while in the city, Bay Area Rapid Transit will get you anywhere you might want to go and is safe & affordable.
Be sure to have your buddy share some of the driving duties so you can soak up the scenery on the hike down the PCH to Monterey/Carmel.
Your itinerary sounds AWESOME
We’re going to do the 17 mile drive at Pebble Beach and that looks stunning! I’m so pumped!
10
Queen
Obviously not a dude
RIP J xoxo
Queen
Obviously not a dude
RIP J xoxo
- Rimfire
- Posts: 3209
- Joined: Tue May 16, 2023 1:31 pm
Re: San Francisco Froobs - Froobs who've been to San Francisco
Some of those big California Redwoods are older than EroderOh Canada wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2026 11:01 amI’m a big tree fan so I’m gonna hug some! And I’ll probably cry.Rimfire wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2026 10:04 amGlad you're going with a friend OC you'll have much more fun on this trip with a good traveling companion. Also good call on not having a car while in the city, Bay Area Rapid Transit will get you anywhere you might want to go and is safe & affordable.
Be sure to have your buddy share some of the driving duties so you can soak up the scenery on the hike down the PCH to Monterey/Carmel.
Your itinerary sounds AWESOME
Rock over London, Rock on Chicago
Calcutta Clipper swings down, swings up, lakefront influence...and out
Calcutta Clipper swings down, swings up, lakefront influence...and out
- Eroder
- Posts: 92572
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 9:02 am
Re: San Francisco Froobs - Froobs who've been to San Francisco
And I get as hard as a redwood…Rimfire wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2026 1:12 pmSome of those big California Redwoods are older than EroderOh Canada wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2026 11:01 amI’m a big tree fan so I’m gonna hug some! And I’ll probably cry.Rimfire wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2026 10:04 am
Glad you're going with a friend OC you'll have much more fun on this trip with a good traveling companion. Also good call on not having a car while in the city, Bay Area Rapid Transit will get you anywhere you might want to go and is safe & affordable.
Be sure to have your buddy share some of the driving duties so you can soak up the scenery on the hike down the PCH to Monterey/Carmel.
Your itinerary sounds AWESOME
What a coincidence!
Dr Eroder, MD
Brain Surgeon
Brain Surgeon
-
NOCB
- Posts: 1198
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:57 am
- Hoop Dreams
- ***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***
- Posts: 43640
- Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:43 pm
- Eroder
- Posts: 92572
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 9:02 am
Re: San Francisco Froobs - Froobs who've been to San Francisco
HAHA!!! ERODER GOT FUCKING PAWNED!!!!
Dr Eroder, MD
Brain Surgeon
Brain Surgeon
- Puma
- Posts: 5953
- Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:08 pm
Re: San Francisco Froobs - Froobs who've been to San Francisco
I’ve been good, and busy with wild child, and lately sick. #2 will be joining us in February! I’m not ready! But #1 turns 3 in September so she’s excited! Lots of family cabin trips this summer, it’s been fun!Oh Canada wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2026 9:32 amMy dear Puma! How the heck are you??? How is your baby doing? I’ve missed you!Puma wrote: ↑Thu Aug 20, 2026 9:53 pm We actually went a couple weeks ago! Todd’s dad and brother live out that way (San Jose & Livermore) so we’ve been there a few times. San Francisco is sooo big we still haven’t even seen half of it. We’ve done all the touristy things, Fisherman’s Warf/Pier 39, Alcatraz, ChinaTown. Lots of good food, and you’ll definitely get your steps in. Just don’t leave anything in your rental in San Francisco, we saw a few cars with windows smashed. Traffic is also horrendous.
But it sounds like you have a lot planned! Hopefully you have a good time!
Oh and the Grand Hyatt at SFO is a great hotel right next to the international terminal and right on the tram line to make travel home 85% less stressful! lol would recommend
I’m not renting a car for the days we’re in SF, just picking it up on the way out of the city. I’ve heard parking is crazy expensive and I’ve also heard about car break ins being bad.
There is so much to do in SF, I knew I couldn’t see it all so I’m just planning on doing a few things. If I love it, maybe I’ll go back.
You’ll have a good time! Try and relax a bit and get some good wine! It’s definitely an interesting city tho, lots to see and take in!
- Lesueurcountyguy
- Posts: 73979
- Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:38 pm
- Oh Canada
- ***Official 2020 Froob Bracket Winner***
- Posts: 10132
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:09 am
Re: San Francisco Froobs - Froobs who've been to San Francisco
Baby Puma #2?!!!!! Congratulations!!! That’s very exciting! Glad to hear you’ve had a fun summer! Next year will be even more fun! It’s so nice to see you back!Puma wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2026 4:58 pmI’ve been good, and busy with wild child, and lately sick. #2 will be joining us in February! I’m not ready! But #1 turns 3 in September so she’s excited! Lots of family cabin trips this summer, it’s been fun!Oh Canada wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2026 9:32 amMy dear Puma! How the heck are you??? How is your baby doing? I’ve missed you!Puma wrote: ↑Thu Aug 20, 2026 9:53 pm We actually went a couple weeks ago! Todd’s dad and brother live out that way (San Jose & Livermore) so we’ve been there a few times. San Francisco is sooo big we still haven’t even seen half of it. We’ve done all the touristy things, Fisherman’s Warf/Pier 39, Alcatraz, ChinaTown. Lots of good food, and you’ll definitely get your steps in. Just don’t leave anything in your rental in San Francisco, we saw a few cars with windows smashed. Traffic is also horrendous.
But it sounds like you have a lot planned! Hopefully you have a good time!
Oh and the Grand Hyatt at SFO is a great hotel right next to the international terminal and right on the tram line to make travel home 85% less stressful! lol would recommend
I’m not renting a car for the days we’re in SF, just picking it up on the way out of the city. I’ve heard parking is crazy expensive and I’ve also heard about car break ins being bad.
There is so much to do in SF, I knew I couldn’t see it all so I’m just planning on doing a few things. If I love it, maybe I’ll go back.
You’ll have a good time! Try and relax a bit and get some good wine! It’s definitely an interesting city tho, lots to see and take in!
10
Queen
Obviously not a dude
RIP J xoxo
Queen
Obviously not a dude
RIP J xoxo
- Puma
- Posts: 5953
- Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:08 pm
Re: San Francisco Froobs - Froobs who've been to San Francisco
Thanks!! Another girl even! Lol luckily for Todd God our first is down to try anything, and seems to enjoy most of his “boyish” hobbies lol but yes, next year is gonna be crazy!Oh Canada wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2026 8:56 pmBaby Puma #2?!!!!! Congratulations!!! That’s very exciting! Glad to hear you’ve had a fun summer! Next year will be even more fun! It’s so nice to see you back!Puma wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2026 4:58 pmI’ve been good, and busy with wild child, and lately sick. #2 will be joining us in February! I’m not ready! But #1 turns 3 in September so she’s excited! Lots of family cabin trips this summer, it’s been fun!Oh Canada wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2026 9:32 am
My dear Puma! How the heck are you??? How is your baby doing? I’ve missed you!
I’m not renting a car for the days we’re in SF, just picking it up on the way out of the city. I’ve heard parking is crazy expensive and I’ve also heard about car break ins being bad.
There is so much to do in SF, I knew I couldn’t see it all so I’m just planning on doing a few things. If I love it, maybe I’ll go back.
You’ll have a good time! Try and relax a bit and get some good wine! It’s definitely an interesting city tho, lots to see and take in!
- Dr. Linux
- Posts: 17019
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:28 pm
Re: San Francisco Froobs - Froobs who've been to San Francisco
Did OC make it back from her trip?







