Page 6 of 6

Re: Tourney Time

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:19 pm
by weimy froob
Slap Shot wrote: ↑Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:53 pm You must watch:

:chortle:
Spoiler:
not happy with the final result though.

Re: Tourney Time

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:24 pm
by Miley Cyrus
Concept of independent events aside, that loss to American International and the law of averages dictate that the Central MN squad is due to win the big one...right? Asking for degenerates.

Re: Tourney Time

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:29 pm
by Cripes
Slap Shot wrote: ↑Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:53 pm jfc thanks to MSUM I now have to root for UMASS.
We’re not all bad. I’ve had great experiences with all the fan bases.

Re: Tourney Time

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:32 pm
by Cripes
Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:24 pm Concept of independent events aside, that loss to American International and the law of averages dictate that the Central MN squad is due to win the big one...right? Asking for degenerates.
Averages haven’t worked out for the Husky. If they win, I plan on driving north to celebrate at The Press followed by a late night meal at the downtown Perkins.

Re: Tourney Time

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:16 am
by Jaamz
Cripes wrote: ↑Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:32 pm
Miley Cyrus wrote: ↑Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:24 pm Concept of independent events aside, that loss to American International and the law of averages dictate that the Central MN squad is due to win the big one...right? Asking for degenerates.
Averages haven’t worked out for the Husky. If they win, I plan on driving north to celebrate at The Press followed by a late night meal at the downtown Perkins.
lol...Bring your own chair..

Re: Tourney Time

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:14 am
by Slap Shot
Cripes wrote: ↑Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:29 pm
Slap Shot wrote: ↑Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:53 pm jfc thanks to MSUM I now have to root for UMASS.
We’re not all bad. I’ve had great experiences with all the fan bases.
Yep there are exceptions to every rule. :mrgreen:

I rooted for UMD during their first run, but their fans and notably Bruce Ciskie have been complete jackbags ever since so no more.

I graduated from MSUM but they were only Div II then, and since I lived and died with the Gophers my entire life until then (and spent my first 2 years of college at UM) I can't give up that allegiance. But I'll cheer the Mavericks whenever they're not playing Minnesota.

For SCSU it was a big rivalry. And when fans from the other MN schools claim we should all support each other, I'd ask them if they cheered for the Gophers vs. Wisconsin in the BT title game or vs. Omaha in the NCAA. Of course and if anything they actively rooted against so don't expect the same in return.

No hate mind you. I have friends that went to SCSU and I'd be happy for them, but GO UMASS! ;)

I do know there will be a decent number of Gophers fans rooting for the Huskies if a poll at one of the Gopher FB group pages is any indication. But the reverse would not.be true for sure.

Re: Tourney Time

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:16 pm
by Hornets
Huskies destroyed.....

Re: Tourney Time

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:39 am
by Slap Shot
That was as much of a total ass whoopin as I've seen, but it didn't want to be the first one to say anything.

Re: Tourney Time

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:59 pm
by Cripes
Total bummer. Thought they controlled the puck much of the first but didn’t shoot it. Old school Huskies. Best d man makes a terrible play after a terrible pass which was the 3rd goal shorty. Air was out of the balloon after that. Oof.

Re: Tourney Time

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm
by Hornets
Slap Shot wrote: ↑Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:39 am That was as much of a total ass whoopin as I've seen, but it didn't want to be the first one to say anything.
You weren't...I was!

Re: Tourney Time

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:45 pm
by Cripes
Hornets wrote: ↑Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm
Slap Shot wrote: ↑Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:39 am That was as much of a total ass whoopin as I've seen, but it didn't want to be the first one to say anything.
You weren't...I was!
You both can eat me! Have fun with Motzko! :shrug:

Re: Tourney Time

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:02 am
by Slap Shot
Cripes wrote: ↑Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:45 pm
Hornets wrote: ↑Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm
Slap Shot wrote: ↑Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:39 am That was as much of a total ass whoopin as I've seen, but it didn't want to be the first one to say anything.
You weren't...I was!
You both can eat me! Have fun with Motzko! :shrug:
Won his first NCAA game with UM - how many tries did it take him at SCSU?

Re: Tourney Time

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:08 am
by Cripes
Slap Shot wrote: ↑Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:02 am
Cripes wrote: ↑Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:45 pm
Hornets wrote: ↑Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm

You weren't...I was!
You both can eat me! Have fun with Motzko! :shrug:
Won his first NCAA game with UM - how many tries did it take him at SCSU?
:lol: A few. Dealing with all those Gopher rejects is a challenge!

Re: Tourney Time

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:13 am
by Slap Shot
Cripes wrote: ↑Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:08 am
Slap Shot wrote: ↑Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:02 am
Cripes wrote: ↑Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:45 pm
You both can eat me! Have fun with Motzko! :shrug:
Won his first NCAA game with UM - how many tries did it take him at SCSU?
:lol: A few. Dealing with all those Gopher rejects is a challenge!
:mrgreen:

fwiw while I wasn't rooting for SCSU I didn't like seeing them go out like that and feel bad for the players and coaches. Rivalries are one thing, but I don't revel in failure unless it's a Hakstol led North Dakota team. :beer:

Re: Tourney Time

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:32 am
by Cripes
Slap Shot wrote: ↑Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:13 am
Cripes wrote: ↑Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:08 am
Slap Shot wrote: ↑Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:02 am

Won his first NCAA game with UM - how many tries did it take him at SCSU?
:lol: A few. Dealing with all those Gopher rejects is a challenge!
:mrgreen:

fwiw while I wasn't rooting for SCSU I didn't like seeing them go out like that and feel bad for the players and coaches. Rivalries are one thing, but I don't revel in failure unless it's a Hakstol led North Dakota team. :beer:
Hear ya! Always cracks me up to read some other boards and how some of them think a certain school has the worst fans ever. It’s fun to give some shit but it’s all so trivial and we all easily get along at the bar after the game. Or is that what people are upset about?! Sports! We have to hate you personally for it to mean everything to me!!