Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Home for Gopher Hockey
Post Reply
User avatar
Slap Shot
Posts: 48959
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Here there and everywhere

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Slap Shot »

User avatar
Slap Shot
Posts: 48959
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Here there and everywhere

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Slap Shot »

Pretty cool:

Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***
Posts: 59240
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Sellingguy »

tens of hundreds of people at the X for Dev vs AZ State in the NCHC semis.
Of those hundreds, most are sioux fans.
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Sellingguy wrote: ↑Fri Mar 21, 2025 4:11 pm tens of hundreds of people at the X for Dev vs AZ State in the NCHC semis.
Of those hundreds, most are sioux fans.
Hopefully no holes were punched in the walls tonight.
User avatar
Slap Shot
Posts: 48959
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Here there and everywhere

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Slap Shot »

Image
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***
Posts: 59240
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Sellingguy »

2-8 in Semi Final Games. On to home ice playoffs next year.

Next up on the Tee, North Dakota.
User avatar
Slap Shot
Posts: 48959
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Here there and everywhere

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Slap Shot »

Sellingguy wrote: ↑Sat Mar 22, 2025 6:12 am 2-8 in Semi Final Games. On to home ice playoffs next year.

Next up on the Tee, North Dakota.
Isn't their season over?
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***
Posts: 59240
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Sellingguy »

Slap Shot wrote: ↑Sat Mar 22, 2025 8:07 am
Sellingguy wrote: ↑Sat Mar 22, 2025 6:12 am 2-8 in Semi Final Games. On to home ice playoffs next year.

Next up on the Tee, North Dakota.
Isn't their season over?
yes, that is why they are next up on the tee box. Golf season.

How you feeling about this long layoff for your team?
User avatar
Slap Shot
Posts: 48959
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Here there and everywhere

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Slap Shot »

Sellingguy wrote: ↑Sat Mar 22, 2025 8:31 am
Slap Shot wrote: ↑Sat Mar 22, 2025 8:07 am
Sellingguy wrote: ↑Sat Mar 22, 2025 6:12 am 2-8 in Semi Final Games. On to home ice playoffs next year.

Next up on the Tee, North Dakota.
Isn't their season over?
yes, that is why they are next up on the tee box. Golf season.

How you feeling about this long layoff for your team?
I've never felt the layoff was a problem. The Gophers have twice gone to the FF after one and crashed out also. Honestly it's up to Bob light a fire under their ass and get back to the quality of play they had pre-February. They have the talent, but they need the desire to match. .
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***
Posts: 59240
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Sellingguy »

Slap Shot wrote: ↑Sat Mar 22, 2025 10:15 am
Sellingguy wrote: ↑Sat Mar 22, 2025 8:31 am
Slap Shot wrote: ↑Sat Mar 22, 2025 8:07 am

Isn't their season over?
yes, that is why they are next up on the tee box. Golf season.

How you feeling about this long layoff for your team?
I've never felt the layoff was a problem. The Gophers have twice gone to the FF after one and crashed out also. Honestly it's up to Bob light a fire under their ass and get back to the quality of play they had pre-February. They have the talent, but they need the desire to match. .
Yeah, what I call the gopher give up was clear. Expecting the shot to go in vs making sure it does, if that make sense. Then they got frustrated. Lots of fun to watch when they are rolling.

The kid from W. Michigan is fun. Prior Lake I think they said. Number 20.

Lots of speed on the teams this year. The tourney should be a good run and gun affair.

Denver and W. Mich have nothing to really play for besides WM securing a 1 seed.
User avatar
Slap Shot
Posts: 48959
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Here there and everywhere

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Slap Shot »

Sellingguy wrote: ↑Sat Mar 22, 2025 10:36 am
Slap Shot wrote: ↑Sat Mar 22, 2025 10:15 am
Sellingguy wrote: ↑Sat Mar 22, 2025 8:31 am

yes, that is why they are next up on the tee box. Golf season.

How you feeling about this long layoff for your team?
I've never felt the layoff was a problem. The Gophers have twice gone to the FF after one and crashed out also. Honestly it's up to Bob light a fire under their ass and get back to the quality of play they had pre-February. They have the talent, but they need the desire to match. .
Yeah, what I call the gopher give up was clear. Expecting the shot to go in vs making sure it does, if that make sense. Then they got frustrated. Lots of fun to watch when they are rolling.

The kid from W. Michigan is fun. Prior Lake I think they said. Number 20.

Lots of speed on the teams this year. The tourney should be a good run and gun affair.

Denver and W. Mich have nothing to really play for besides WM securing a 1 seed.
Yeah Alex Bump would have looked good in maroon and gold.

Looks like DU is going to beat WMU which locks the Gophers in as the 4th #1 seed.

OSU-MSU in OT has been a very fun game to watch.
User avatar
Slap Shot
Posts: 48959
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Here there and everywhere

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Slap Shot »

And of course WMU comes back to tie up DU. :lol:
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***
Posts: 59240
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Sellingguy »

2 good games last night. I went to bed as NCHC went to OT and big 10 was in 2nd OT.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***
Posts: 59240
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Sellingguy »

Here is what they think will happen at 2pm today.
Manchester
1. Boston College vs. 16. Bentley
8. Providence vs. 9. Denver

Toledo
2. Michigan State vs. 15. Cornell
7. Boston University vs. 10. Ohio State

Allentown
3. Maine vs. 13. Penn State
6. Connecticut vs. 12. Quinnipiac

Fargo
4. Western Michigan vs. 14. Minnesota State
5. Minnesota vs. 11. Massachusetts
User avatar
Hornets
Posts: 65263
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Hornets »

Brackets are official now and indeed our Rodents will be going to Fargo as the #2 seed for that region and #5 seed overall. The boys will face off against U Mass on Thursday night at 7:30 and should they win they'll play the winner of the Western Michigan vs Minnesota State on Saturday. Don't have a lot of confidence at this point that a Frozen Four appearance is in the cards, but who knows, maybe they'll surprise me!

RAH
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***
Posts: 59240
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Sellingguy »

FIRE DON BERRY....is happening. I think that is a good move.
User avatar
Slap Shot
Posts: 48959
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Here there and everywhere

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Slap Shot »

Dammit - was hoping they'd keep him.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***
Posts: 59240
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Sellingguy »

Slap Shot wrote: ↑Mon Mar 24, 2025 7:25 am Dammit - was hoping they'd keep him.
it is time to break the mold of advancing the next guy in line. Clean them all out and let a guy come in to build his own thing. No clue who that might be, I don't follow coaching moves.
But it is time for a change.
User avatar
Self High-Five
Posts: 7424
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:15 am

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Self High-Five »

If the Gophers make it to St. Louis, I'll be there. I promised my daughter, who is a senior at the U I'd take here.

I took my son to Tampa when the Gophers were in the Outback Bowl.
"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." - Homer Simpson
User avatar
Slap Shot
Posts: 48959
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Here there and everywhere

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Slap Shot »

Self High-Five wrote: ↑Mon Mar 24, 2025 2:58 pm If the Gophers make it to St. Louis, I'll be there. I promised my daughter, who is a senior at the U I'd take here.

I took my son to Tampa when the Gophers were in the Outback Bowl.
That's good parenting!!
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***
Posts: 59240
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Sellingguy »

Self High-Five wrote: ↑Mon Mar 24, 2025 2:58 pm If the Gophers make it to St. Louis, I'll be there. I promised my daughter, who is a senior at the U I'd take here.

I took my son to Tampa when the Gophers were in the Outback Bowl.
That is outstanding!
User avatar
Self High-Five
Posts: 7424
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:15 am

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Self High-Five »

Slap Shot wrote: ↑Mon Mar 24, 2025 3:30 pm
Self High-Five wrote: ↑Mon Mar 24, 2025 2:58 pm If the Gophers make it to St. Louis, I'll be there. I promised my daughter, who is a senior at the U I'd take here.

I took my son to Tampa when the Gophers were in the Outback Bowl.
That's good parenting!!
I was hoping for better bowl games since the Outback Bowl. That never happened. :(

Sellingguy wrote: ↑Tue Mar 25, 2025 6:42 am
Self High-Five wrote: ↑Mon Mar 24, 2025 2:58 pm If the Gophers make it to St. Louis, I'll be there. I promised my daughter, who is a senior at the U I'd take here.

I took my son to Tampa when the Gophers were in the Outback Bowl.
That is outstanding!
We tried to go in 2023 to Tampa but couldn't make it work.
"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." - Homer Simpson
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***
Posts: 59240
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Sellingguy »

Self High-Five wrote: ↑Tue Mar 25, 2025 7:57 am
Slap Shot wrote: ↑Mon Mar 24, 2025 3:30 pm
Self High-Five wrote: ↑Mon Mar 24, 2025 2:58 pm If the Gophers make it to St. Louis, I'll be there. I promised my daughter, who is a senior at the U I'd take here.

I took my son to Tampa when the Gophers were in the Outback Bowl.
That's good parenting!!
I was hoping for better bowl games since the Outback Bowl. That never happened. :(

Sellingguy wrote: ↑Tue Mar 25, 2025 6:42 am
Self High-Five wrote: ↑Mon Mar 24, 2025 2:58 pm If the Gophers make it to St. Louis, I'll be there. I promised my daughter, who is a senior at the U I'd take here.

I took my son to Tampa when the Gophers were in the Outback Bowl.
That is outstanding!
We tried to go in 2023 to Tampa but couldn't make it work.
I went to Frozen Fours in Columbus Denver beat the Sioux, and Milwaukee, BC beat sioux in Semi, BUcky wins tourney.
I was suppose to go to St Louis in 06ish, but something came up. My brother called me in 2016 with a ticket and spot in the car to drive to tampa to watch the sioux win it. Um, that long in the car with my sister in law? NO!

I have never gone to the frozen four in St Paul!

I always will cheer for the gophers to get to the frozen four unless they are in same region and ND, which we do not need to worry about this year! Also looking for big things out of BENTLY! HA!

Gophers need to get moving and playing the hockey they can play. Don't know much about UMass, but W. Michigan is good. Mankato will have to grind hard and slow them down.
User avatar
Hornets
Posts: 65263
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Hornets »

Well, it starts tonight. Will this be the first Rodent men's puck team to bring a title to Dinkytown in more than 20 years or will it be another "wait till next year" situation?
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***
Posts: 59240
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Sellingguy »

BU Rolls Ohio State.
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Miley Cyrus »

C'mon Purple Cows!
User avatar
Miley Cyrus
Posts: 4646
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Miley Cyrus »

One MN team left.
User avatar
Slap Shot
Posts: 48959
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Here there and everywhere

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Slap Shot »

jfc of course the game before goes to OT. I didn't finish work until 6 a.m. and set my alarm for 8:40 a.m. My afternoon is cooked.

All will be forgiven with a Gophers win!
User avatar
Slap Shot
Posts: 48959
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Here there and everywhere

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Slap Shot »

Really nice to see the Gophers not hang their heads after letting UMASS tie the game at 1 so quickly after taking the lead, then get back to work and take the 2-1 lead before intermission.

Monster #2 is on deck for period #2.

LFG!!
User avatar
Slap Shot
Posts: 48959
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Here there and everywhere

Re: ***2024-25 Golden Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Slap Shot »

Gophers started the 2nd a bit slowly, but eventually found their legs and took over the period getting the only goal to lead 3-1 after 2 periods.

Oh boy.
Post Reply