Page 8 of 12

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:29 pm
by bubu dubu.
The site was down for 2 days, that is an issue I am posting about.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:32 am
by Bon Scott
I thought it was June 2017 all over again

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 8:57 am
by Small Hands
I thought I was falsely imprisoned lol

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 10:06 am
by Slap Shot
My first thought was, "What have I done?".

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 11:00 am
by Mandatory
Brief serious comment… it would be nice to know what the issue was and if we should expect anything similar in the future.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 11:35 am
by -VikingsTw-
DemondHendrix wrote: ↑Wed Sep 25, 2024 4:16 pm
Bruce Willis wrote: ↑Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:47 pm
DemondHendrix wrote: ↑Wed Sep 25, 2024 1:33 pm

When can I get back my regular D_H name?
You were Permabanned. You're gonna have to talk to the mod who banned you or Abe.
Ok thanks
I can’t get a hold of Abe, or the mod because of my color I believe is there anyway you could relay the message to Abe when time permits? I said something I shouldn’t have but I wasn’t singling anybody out. I get called names all the time and nothing is ever ever done about that but I don’t care. I just think there’s a double standard.

Just my 2 cents 👍
Why didn't you just listen to the mods? They gave you every opportunity in the world.

I'm all for freedom of speech but spamming is another thing. I think you could start your own forum call JennyMcCarthy.com and start as many posts about it as you want without fear of being banned.

The biggest problem I see with it is getting any traction. Nobody's really interested. Maybe RubeTube.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 4:35 am
by Voltron
Mandatory wrote: ↑Sat Oct 05, 2024 11:00 am Brief serious comment… it would be nice to know what the issue was and if we should expect anything similar in the future.
A most serious comment!

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:18 pm
by The Lizard King
Voltron wrote: ↑Mon Oct 07, 2024 4:35 am
Mandatory wrote: ↑Sat Oct 05, 2024 11:00 am Brief serious comment… it would be nice to know what the issue was and if we should expect anything similar in the future.
A most serious comment!
I actually thought that you had hacked into the site.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:24 pm
by Voltron
The Lizard King wrote: ↑Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:18 pm
Voltron wrote: ↑Mon Oct 07, 2024 4:35 am
Mandatory wrote: ↑Sat Oct 05, 2024 11:00 am Brief serious comment… it would be nice to know what the issue was and if we should expect anything similar in the future.
A most serious comment!
I actually thought that you had hacked into the site.
Nah, I am mostly digital but that's not in any of my programming.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:02 pm
by Sylvester Stallone
Hammer wrote: ↑Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:11 pm How can I get in touch with Abe?

I still have no idea why I was banned? I get called names all the time.
Boo hoo.

You've been warned multiple times about spamming the board. The Vikes chat mod has had enough and I"m not letting you back in. You're out of options.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:41 pm
by BBG
Sylvester Stallone wrote: ↑Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:02 pm
Hammer wrote: ↑Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:11 pm How can I get in touch with Abe?

I still have no idea why I was banned? I get called names all the time.
Boo hoo.

You've been warned multiple times about spamming the board. The Vikes chat mod has had enough and I"m not letting you back in. You're out of options.
Sly just dropped the hammer on you, bro

ain't that some ironic shit

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:49 pm
by Mandatory
Sometimes it raw. Sometimes it’s real raw.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 6:26 pm
by The Lizard King
You still have "Raymond," bro.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2024 1:36 pm
by Night Train
I can't reply to, or send PMs. How can I reply to people that ask me questions?

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2024 2:52 pm
by Mandatory
Night Train wrote: ↑Thu Oct 10, 2024 1:36 pm I can't reply to, or send PMs. How can I reply to people that ask me questions?
You don't.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2024 5:45 pm
by Fran
Sylvester Stallone wrote: ↑Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:02 pm
Hammer wrote: ↑Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:11 pm How can I get in touch with Abe?

I still have no idea why I was banned? I get called names all the time.
Boo hoo.

You've been warned multiple times about spamming the board. The Vikes chat mod has had enough and I"m not letting you back in. You're out of options.
Ok in all seriousness I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately and I was out of hand in the game thread in which I was banned. It was all positive but waaaaay too many posts. It sucks not talking sports on here and posting on the main board. I been around since 2004 or 05 on the KFAN board and I miss it. I’ll make you a deal - I will not post in Viking game threads if you reinstate me. If you would talk it over with the other mods and Abe I would appreciate it!! If not no hard feelings I get it from your aspect I’m sure the complaining is overwhelming.

Take care

DH

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2024 1:04 pm
by Beef Supreme
Why is it that we are not allowed to put Roy Kent on the foes list?

Lizard tried and said it told him he could not because Roy is an admin or mod. I tried it just to see and got the same result. Is that an error maybe? If not, shame on the mods and admins for telling us to use the feature and then creating an objectionable persona that we are unable to put on the list.

What gives, folks?

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2024 1:15 pm
by Mandatory
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 1:04 pm Why is it that we are not allowed to put Roy Kent on the foes list?

Lizard tried and said it told him he could not because Roy is an admin or mod. I tried it just to see and got the same result. Is that an error maybe? If not, shame on the mods and admins for telling us to use the feature and then creating an objectionable persona that we are unable to put on the list.

What gives, folks?
Big Wolves Chat poster originally, before taking a dark turn.

Abe burner account?

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2024 1:17 pm
by Beef Supreme
Mandatory wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 1:15 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 1:04 pm Why is it that we are not allowed to put Roy Kent on the foes list?

Lizard tried and said it told him he could not because Roy is an admin or mod. I tried it just to see and got the same result. Is that an error maybe? If not, shame on the mods and admins for telling us to use the feature and then creating an objectionable persona that we are unable to put on the list.

What gives, folks?
Big Wolves Chat poster originally, before taking a dark turn.

Abe burner account?
Maybe?


Is he trolling his own site?


That would be amazing!

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:31 pm
by Bruce Willis
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 1:04 pm Why is it that we are not allowed to put Roy Kent on the foes list?

Lizard tried and said it told him he could not because Roy is an admin or mod. I tried it just to see and got the same result. Is that an error maybe? If not, shame on the mods and admins for telling us to use the feature and then creating an objectionable persona that we are unable to put on the list.

What gives, folks?
How dare we!!! How could we commit such an atrocious act against the fine people of Froob Chat.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:36 pm
by Beef Supreme
Bruce Willis wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:31 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 1:04 pm Why is it that we are not allowed to put Roy Kent on the foes list?

Lizard tried and said it told him he could not because Roy is an admin or mod. I tried it just to see and got the same result. Is that an error maybe? If not, shame on the mods and admins for telling us to use the feature and then creating an objectionable persona that we are unable to put on the list.

What gives, folks?
How dare we!!! How could we commit such an atrocious act against the fine people of Froob Chat.
It’s a mixed message, don’t you think?

“Don’t respond to trolls, just ignore them.” Then the mods themselves are trolls and they prevent us from ignoring them? That’s weak ass shit, Bruce.

If someone had called Roy a “fuckhead” or something, would you have banned them? Entrapment?

Be better, Bruce.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2024 5:09 pm
by Bruce Willis
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:36 pm
Bruce Willis wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:31 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 1:04 pm Why is it that we are not allowed to put Roy Kent on the foes list?

Lizard tried and said it told him he could not because Roy is an admin or mod. I tried it just to see and got the same result. Is that an error maybe? If not, shame on the mods and admins for telling us to use the feature and then creating an objectionable persona that we are unable to put on the list.

What gives, folks?
How dare we!!! How could we commit such an atrocious act against the fine people of Froob Chat.
It’s a mixed message, don’t you think?

“Don’t respond to trolls, just ignore them.” Then the mods themselves are trolls and they prevent us from ignoring them? That’s weak ass shit, Bruce.

If someone had called Roy a “fuckhead” or something, would you have banned them? Entrapment?

Be better, Bruce.
I know nothing of Roy. You act like us Mods actually have any Admin commands outside of warnings and banning. We don't. It's not a conspiracy against you, sorry.
I haven't even banned anyone since July except for the constant bots we have been having to battle on a daily basis.

Ignoring can be done passively. Don't read their shit, don't respond to their shit. Be the Alpha. It's really not hard to not respond to someone. Sorry I can't give you the answer you desire, but I am in the dark as much as you are.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2024 5:39 pm
by Beef Supreme
Bruce Willis wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 5:09 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:36 pm
Bruce Willis wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:31 pm

How dare we!!! How could we commit such an atrocious act against the fine people of Froob Chat.
It’s a mixed message, don’t you think?

“Don’t respond to trolls, just ignore them.” Then the mods themselves are trolls and they prevent us from ignoring them? That’s weak ass shit, Bruce.

If someone had called Roy a “fuckhead” or something, would you have banned them? Entrapment?

Be better, Bruce.
I know nothing of Roy. You act like us Mods actually have any Admin commands outside of warnings and banning. We don't. It's not a conspiracy against you, sorry.
I haven't even banned anyone since July except for the constant bots we have been having to battle on a daily basis.

Ignoring can be done passively. Don't read their shit, don't respond to their shit. Be the Alpha. It's really not hard to not respond to someone. Sorry I can't give you the answer you desire, but I am in the dark as much as you are.
So first you minimize the issue. Now you claim ignorance.


Which is it?


And your current solution is the opposite of the guidance mods have given us for a long time now. It’s always been “put them on ignore. That’s why we have the feature.” Now we’re telling you there’s a bug in your system and you’re saying “tough shit, deal with it.” That’s fucking stupid. Fix your shit. Or refer it to someone who can. And don’t be a dick about it to those of us who are pointing it out.


If this isn’t you, then perhaps you should run the issue up the chain of command to find an answer and resolution rather than attack the person pointing it out.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2024 5:43 pm
by ForCaleb
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 5:39 pm
Bruce Willis wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 5:09 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:36 pm

It’s a mixed message, don’t you think?

“Don’t respond to trolls, just ignore them.” Then the mods themselves are trolls and they prevent us from ignoring them? That’s weak ass shit, Bruce.

If someone had called Roy a “fuckhead” or something, would you have banned them? Entrapment?

Be better, Bruce.
I know nothing of Roy. You act like us Mods actually have any Admin commands outside of warnings and banning. We don't. It's not a conspiracy against you, sorry.
I haven't even banned anyone since July except for the constant bots we have been having to battle on a daily basis.

Ignoring can be done passively. Don't read their shit, don't respond to their shit. Be the Alpha. It's really not hard to not respond to someone. Sorry I can't give you the answer you desire, but I am in the dark as much as you are.
So first you minimize the issue. Now you claim ignorance.


Which is it?


And your current solution is the opposite of the guidance mods have given us for a long time now. It’s always been “put them on ignore. That’s why we have the feature.” Now we’re telling you there’s a bug in your system and you’re saying “tough shit, deal with it.” That’s fucking stupid. Fix your shit. Or refer it to someone who can. And don’t be a dick about it to those of us who are pointing it out.


If this isn’t you, then perhaps you should run the issue up the chain of command to find an answer and resolution rather than attack the person pointing it out.
You realize this site is free, right? No one is getting paid to mod this place to your liking. You bitch about this often.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2024 5:56 pm
by Charles Bronson
ForCaleb wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 5:43 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 5:39 pm
Bruce Willis wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 5:09 pm

I know nothing of Roy. You act like us Mods actually have any Admin commands outside of warnings and banning. We don't. It's not a conspiracy against you, sorry.
I haven't even banned anyone since July except for the constant bots we have been having to battle on a daily basis.

Ignoring can be done passively. Don't read their shit, don't respond to their shit. Be the Alpha. It's really not hard to not respond to someone. Sorry I can't give you the answer you desire, but I am in the dark as much as you are.
So first you minimize the issue. Now you claim ignorance.


Which is it?


And your current solution is the opposite of the guidance mods have given us for a long time now. It’s always been “put them on ignore. That’s why we have the feature.” Now we’re telling you there’s a bug in your system and you’re saying “tough shit, deal with it.” That’s fucking stupid. Fix your shit. Or refer it to someone who can. And don’t be a dick about it to those of us who are pointing it out.


If this isn’t you, then perhaps you should run the issue up the chain of command to find an answer and resolution rather than attack the person pointing it out.
You realize this site is free, right? No one is getting paid to mod this place to your liking. You bitch about this often.
You really don’t have a leg to stand on regarding anyone else complaining about anything. Nobody bitches more than you.


But you are correct that the site is free and we miss don’t get paid. I’ll back up Bruce by saying I don’t have any idea what is up with Roy Kent and Killkenny’s accounts being “un-foe-able” either. That stuff is well above our pay grade (which as stated, is zero). But I will try to see if I can find out and get back to you all if I can. It’s nothing that should affect healthy Froobing in the meantime.

Let us know if those accounts become problematic. To my knowledge, they haven’t crossed any lines. But as always and for any account, let us know if they do.

Might not be the answers you’re looking for, but it’s all I’ve got right now and that’s the truth.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2024 5:57 pm
by Mandatory
ForCaleb wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 5:43 pm

You realize this site is free, right? No one is getting paid to mod this place to your liking. You bitch about this often.
I pay for access. You get this website for free?!??!

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2024 6:03 pm
by ForCaleb
Mandatory wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 5:57 pm
ForCaleb wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 5:43 pm

You realize this site is free, right? No one is getting paid to mod this place to your liking. You bitch about this often.
I pay for access. You get this website for free?!??!
They pay me to post here!! Can you believe that? I drive a ton traffic to PoliChat. I’m almost a big deal, really.

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2024 6:06 pm
by Mandatory
ForCaleb wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 6:03 pm
Mandatory wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 5:57 pm
ForCaleb wrote: ↑Sat Oct 19, 2024 5:43 pm

You realize this site is free, right? No one is getting paid to mod this place to your liking. You bitch about this often.
I pay for access. You get this website for free?!??!
They pay me to post here!! Can you believe that? I drive a ton traffic to PoliChat. I’m almost a big deal, really.
I've been duped again! :beer:

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:21 am
by Roy Kent
I sent a PM to Bruce, please check. I am not a moderator! I was asked to approve posts for new users about a year ago, that's it I swear! Now I've given away my "power". :|

Re: Post Site Issues Here

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 11:42 am
by Mandatory
Roy Kent wrote: ↑Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:21 am I sent a PM to Bruce, please check. I am not a moderator! I was asked to approve posts for new users about a year ago, that's it I swear! Now I've given away my "power". :|
Who asked you to do that?