Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Donte DiVincenzo

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Moderator: Sylvester Stallone

Post Reply
User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 37470
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by somuchyummy »

RubeTube wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 8:10 pm
Small Hands wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 3:32 pm
Oriole81 wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 2:30 pm Very possible that he just ends up being salary filler in part of a bigger trade.
Good point… I think they need to make a splash in the offseason. This team as is isn’t winning a championship. They need to make a move for Giannis IMO
Yep. Throw in ALL the chips for Giannis.

I don’t care what you have to give up as long as the name isn’t Ant.
I think the only way it gets done is with Ant. Giannis is a better player than Ant - but he's also 31, so I think we'd have to be getting young talent back - good young talent - to have it make any sense at all. An Ant/Naz for Giannis/Rollins/Dieng deal sits right in around $72M for both parties. I don't see the Bucks trading Giannis - or us trading Ant - for just a bunch of guys. I'd rather just sit tight and continue to build around Ant.
All Time Draft 2025

PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond

There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
Posts: 52134
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by RubeTube »

somuchyummy wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 9:51 pm
RubeTube wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 8:10 pm
Small Hands wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 3:32 pm

Good point… I think they need to make a splash in the offseason. This team as is isn’t winning a championship. They need to make a move for Giannis IMO
Yep. Throw in ALL the chips for Giannis.

I don’t care what you have to give up as long as the name isn’t Ant.
I think the only way it gets done is with Ant. Giannis is a better player than Ant - but he's also 31, so I think we'd have to be getting young talent back - good young talent - to have it make any sense at all. An Ant/Naz for Giannis/Rollins/Dieng deal sits right in around $72M for both parties. I don't see the Bucks trading Giannis - or us trading Ant - for just a bunch of guys. I'd rather just sit tight and continue to build around Ant.
Ya there is no way I am trading Ant for a 31 year old Giannis. They can have anything else though. Just get Ant and Giannis together.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master

FUCK TRUMP!

FUCK ICE!
Small Hands
Posts: 10468
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Small Hands »

Mplsfonz wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 9:04 pm
Small Hands wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 3:32 pm
Oriole81 wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 2:30 pm Very possible that he just ends up being salary filler in part of a bigger trade.
Good point… I think they need to make a splash in the offseason. This team as is isn’t winning a championship. They need to make a move for Giannis IMO
Who's going to give up much for a broken player who won't play for at least half the season?
Salary dump player
Small Hands
Posts: 10468
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Small Hands »

somuchyummy wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 9:51 pm
RubeTube wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 8:10 pm
Small Hands wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 3:32 pm

Good point… I think they need to make a splash in the offseason. This team as is isn’t winning a championship. They need to make a move for Giannis IMO
Yep. Throw in ALL the chips for Giannis.

I don’t care what you have to give up as long as the name isn’t Ant.
I think the only way it gets done is with Ant. Giannis is a better player than Ant - but he's also 31, so I think we'd have to be getting young talent back - good young talent - to have it make any sense at all. An Ant/Naz for Giannis/Rollins/Dieng deal sits right in around $72M for both parties. I don't see the Bucks trading Giannis - or us trading Ant - for just a bunch of guys. I'd rather just sit tight and continue to build around Ant.
A deal would need to include Naz, Jaden, Beringer and future 1sts. They could get it done without Ant.

Connelly is afraid to trade Jaden. I think that’s pretty obvious. He’s a lockdown defender, but he’s very limited offensively. Hes a luxury that we don’t need. We need another powerhouse that can score at will. Giannis and Ant would be so fun to watch and they’d immediately be in the championship conversation. Our “deep” roster currently is the 6 seed and potentially 2 games away from the beaches of Cancun.
Last edited by Small Hands on Thu Apr 30, 2026 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oriole81
Posts: 38110
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Oriole81 »

Mplsfonz wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 9:04 pm
Small Hands wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 3:32 pm
Oriole81 wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 2:30 pm Very possible that he just ends up being salary filler in part of a bigger trade.
Good point… I think they need to make a splash in the offseason. This team as is isn’t winning a championship. They need to make a move for Giannis IMO
Who's going to give up much for a broken player who won't play for at least half the season?
He's not the singular player in the trade.
He's part of a package that we send out, to help make the math work.

Teams all the time take on salary in trades, that they never intend to ever play.
2025 Froob NBA Draft

Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
User avatar
Mplsfonz
Posts: 7386
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:49 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Mplsfonz »

Small Hands wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 8:08 am
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 9:51 pm
RubeTube wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 8:10 pm

Yep. Throw in ALL the chips for Giannis.

I don’t care what you have to give up as long as the name isn’t Ant.
I think the only way it gets done is with Ant. Giannis is a better player than Ant - but he's also 31, so I think we'd have to be getting young talent back - good young talent - to have it make any sense at all. An Ant/Naz for Giannis/Rollins/Dieng deal sits right in around $72M for both parties. I don't see the Bucks trading Giannis - or us trading Ant - for just a bunch of guys. I'd rather just sit tight and continue to build around Ant.
A deal would need to include Naz, Jaden, Beringer and future 1sts. They could get it done without Ant.

Connelly is afraid to trade Jaden. I think that’s pretty obvious. He’s a lockdown defender, but he’s very limited offensively. Hes a luxury that we don’t need. We need another powerhouse that can score at will. Giannis and Ant would be so fun to watch and they’d immediately be in the championship conversation. Our “deep” roster currently is the 6 seed and potentially 2 games away from the beaches of Cancun.
I for one would be done with this team if this happened. I am sure I would not be alone with us trading that for a 31 YO with an injury history.
User avatar
Mplsfonz
Posts: 7386
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:49 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Mplsfonz »

Oriole81 wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 9:01 am
Mplsfonz wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 9:04 pm
Small Hands wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 3:32 pm

Good point… I think they need to make a splash in the offseason. This team as is isn’t winning a championship. They need to make a move for Giannis IMO
Who's going to give up much for a broken player who won't play for at least half the season?
He's not the singular player in the trade.
He's part of a package that we send out, to help make the math work.

Teams all the time take on salary in trades, that they never intend to ever play.
I get that, but a team trading for a broke player isn't sending us much value in return just for a salary dump. We'll see.
Oriole81
Posts: 38110
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Oriole81 »

Mplsfonz wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 11:33 am
Oriole81 wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 9:01 am
Mplsfonz wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 9:04 pm Who's going to give up much for a broken player who won't play for at least half the season?
He's not the singular player in the trade.
He's part of a package that we send out, to help make the math work.

Teams all the time take on salary in trades, that they never intend to ever play.
I get that, but a team trading for a broke player isn't sending us much value in return just for a salary dump. We'll see.
The value is the singularly great player coming to us
2025 Froob NBA Draft

Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
User avatar
Mplsfonz
Posts: 7386
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:49 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Mplsfonz »

Oriole81 wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 11:43 am
Mplsfonz wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 11:33 am
Oriole81 wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 9:01 am

He's not the singular player in the trade.
He's part of a package that we send out, to help make the math work.

Teams all the time take on salary in trades, that they never intend to ever play.
I get that, but a team trading for a broke player isn't sending us much value in return just for a salary dump. We'll see.
The value is the singularly great player coming to us
That depends on who we send out and what "great" player coming in.

I am not saying to not send DD out, but what type of return are we going to get from a team looking to take on that "salary dump."

A rebuilding team? Sure. But depends on what they want to take D off our hands. But I am not a cap mind, so...
Small Hands
Posts: 10468
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Small Hands »

Mplsfonz wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 11:30 am
Small Hands wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 8:08 am
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 9:51 pm

I think the only way it gets done is with Ant. Giannis is a better player than Ant - but he's also 31, so I think we'd have to be getting young talent back - good young talent - to have it make any sense at all. An Ant/Naz for Giannis/Rollins/Dieng deal sits right in around $72M for both parties. I don't see the Bucks trading Giannis - or us trading Ant - for just a bunch of guys. I'd rather just sit tight and continue to build around Ant.
A deal would need to include Naz, Jaden, Beringer and future 1sts. They could get it done without Ant.

Connelly is afraid to trade Jaden. I think that’s pretty obvious. He’s a lockdown defender, but he’s very limited offensively. Hes a luxury that we don’t need. We need another powerhouse that can score at will. Giannis and Ant would be so fun to watch and they’d immediately be in the championship conversation. Our “deep” roster currently is the 6 seed and potentially 2 games away from the beaches of Cancun.
I for one would be done with this team if this happened. I am sure I would not be alone with us trading that for a 31 YO with an injury history.
Then You don’t want a championship in MN. Giannis is a 31 year old superstar and NBA champion. He’s never played with a guy of Ants caliber.

Naz and Jaden are role players. They are good role players, but nonetheless role players. They will never be on the level Giannis is.
Last edited by Small Hands on Thu Apr 30, 2026 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oriole81
Posts: 38110
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Oriole81 »

Since Rudy and Giannis presumably can't play together, I would assume the offer would entail routing Rudy to a different team that would still value him, and then have that team route some of their compelling young players to Milwaukee, so we don't have to attach EVERY young quality asset we have.
2025 Froob NBA Draft

Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129061
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by weimy froob »

at the shootaround this morning.

Image
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 18510
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by HeHateMe »

Oriole81 wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 1:11 pm Since Rudy and Giannis presumably can't play together, I would assume the offer would entail routing Rudy to a different team that would still value him, and then have that team route some of their compelling young players to Milwaukee, so we don't have to attach EVERY young quality asset we have.
Yeah, I think a hypothetical trade for Giannis would send Rudy, Randle or Naz and Jaden all out.. Wolves can technically trade the '26 first and the 33 first at the 2026 draft day or in the new league year.
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Oriole81
Posts: 38110
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Oriole81 »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 3:12 pm at the shootaround this morning.

Image
Probably Questionable at best for him to suit up tonight
2025 Froob NBA Draft

Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 18510
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by HeHateMe »

I don't see Donte holding out next year because of a contract issue.. I think he will want to play and he will want to get paid based on how he looks that final month or so of the season (plus the playoffs hopefully).
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
User avatar
SHAFA
Posts: 15125
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by SHAFA »

Small Hands wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 1:04 pmHe’s never played with a guy of Ants caliber.
You don't consider Lillard to be someone of that caliber?
Small Hands
Posts: 10468
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Small Hands »

SHAFA wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 3:46 pm
Small Hands wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 1:04 pmHe’s never played with a guy of Ants caliber.
You don't consider Lillard to be someone of that caliber?
Not at this stage of his career
User avatar
DonaldDouchebag
Posts: 31972
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:37 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Wonder if Small Hands watched the “offensively limited role player” tonight?
Woke up this mornin’, got some gabagool.
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129061
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by weimy froob »

User avatar
Mplsfonz
Posts: 7386
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:49 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Mplsfonz »

Small Hands wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 1:04 pm
Mplsfonz wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 11:30 am
Small Hands wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 8:08 am

A deal would need to include Naz, Jaden, Beringer and future 1sts. They could get it done without Ant.

Connelly is afraid to trade Jaden. I think that’s pretty obvious. He’s a lockdown defender, but he’s very limited offensively. Hes a luxury that we don’t need. We need another powerhouse that can score at will. Giannis and Ant would be so fun to watch and they’d immediately be in the championship conversation. Our “deep” roster currently is the 6 seed and potentially 2 games away from the beaches of Cancun.
I for one would be done with this team if this happened. I am sure I would not be alone with us trading that for a 31 YO with an injury history.
Then You don’t want a championship in MN. Giannis is a 31 year old superstar and NBA champion. He’s never played with a guy of Ants caliber.

Naz and Jaden are role players. They are good role players, but nonetheless role players. They will never be on the level Giannis is.
I don't think Giannis gets us a chip. We lose ALL our depth. Then what do we do for the future? Ant will ask out and back to fly over. Stay the course. We got to the WCF's 2 years without Giannis, we may just need another lower priced star player to get us up the hump.
Just my 2, but I think G is washed.

Edit: Name ONE team that didn't have "good" role players? They are crucial to our balance and chemistry. Plus...They like it here. When is the last time you could say that about a Wolves role player? (At least someone that isn't washed up)
Small Hands
Posts: 10468
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Small Hands »

Mplsfonz wrote: ↑Fri May 01, 2026 5:03 pm
Small Hands wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 1:04 pm
Mplsfonz wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 11:30 am

I for one would be done with this team if this happened. I am sure I would not be alone with us trading that for a 31 YO with an injury history.
Then You don’t want a championship in MN. Giannis is a 31 year old superstar and NBA champion. He’s never played with a guy of Ants caliber.

Naz and Jaden are role players. They are good role players, but nonetheless role players. They will never be on the level Giannis is.
I don't think Giannis gets us a chip. We lose ALL our depth. Then what do we do for the future? Ant will ask out and back to fly over. Stay the course. We got to the WCF's 2 years without Giannis, we may just need another lower priced star player to get us up the hump.
Just my 2, but I think G is washed.

Edit: Name ONE team that didn't have "good" role players? They are crucial to our balance and chemistry. Plus...They like it here. When is the last time you could say that about a Wolves role player? (At least someone that isn't washed up)
They’ve been the 6th seed two years in a row, homie. They lack star power on this team. They need another automatic scorer. Randle just isn’t consistent enough and Jaden is more of a defensive specialist. I understand he had a great game, but last night was a career high for him. Think he can do that consistently night in and night out?
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129061
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by weimy froob »

twolves31
Posts: 2658
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:04 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by twolves31 »

Small Hands wrote: ↑Fri May 01, 2026 9:53 pm
Mplsfonz wrote: ↑Fri May 01, 2026 5:03 pm
Small Hands wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 1:04 pm

Then You don’t want a championship in MN. Giannis is a 31 year old superstar and NBA champion. He’s never played with a guy of Ants caliber.

Naz and Jaden are role players. They are good role players, but nonetheless role players. They will never be on the level Giannis is.
I don't think Giannis gets us a chip. We lose ALL our depth. Then what do we do for the future? Ant will ask out and back to fly over. Stay the course. We got to the WCF's 2 years without Giannis, we may just need another lower priced star player to get us up the hump.
Just my 2, but I think G is washed.

Edit: Name ONE team that didn't have "good" role players? They are crucial to our balance and chemistry. Plus...They like it here. When is the last time you could say that about a Wolves role player? (At least someone that isn't washed up)
They’ve been the 6th seed two years in a row, homie. They lack star power on this team. They need another automatic scorer. Randle just isn’t consistent enough and Jaden is more of a defensive specialist. I understand he had a great game, but last night was a career high for him. Think he can do that consistently night in and night out?
Being the 2nd seed sure didn't help Boston this year. Being the first seed so far hasn't helped Detroit, although they may pull it out in game 7 to advance against the 9th seed.
Small Hands
Posts: 10468
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Small Hands »

twolves31 wrote: ↑Sun May 03, 2026 9:52 am
Small Hands wrote: ↑Fri May 01, 2026 9:53 pm
Mplsfonz wrote: ↑Fri May 01, 2026 5:03 pm
I don't think Giannis gets us a chip. We lose ALL our depth. Then what do we do for the future? Ant will ask out and back to fly over. Stay the course. We got to the WCF's 2 years without Giannis, we may just need another lower priced star player to get us up the hump.
Just my 2, but I think G is washed.

Edit: Name ONE team that didn't have "good" role players? They are crucial to our balance and chemistry. Plus...They like it here. When is the last time you could say that about a Wolves role player? (At least someone that isn't washed up)
They’ve been the 6th seed two years in a row, homie. They lack star power on this team. They need another automatic scorer. Randle just isn’t consistent enough and Jaden is more of a defensive specialist. I understand he had a great game, but last night was a career high for him. Think he can do that consistently night in and night out?
Being the 2nd seed sure didn't help Boston this year. Being the first seed so far hasn't helped Detroit, although they may pull it out in game 7 to advance against the 9th seed.
SAS and OKC cruised through their first round. Eastern conference is trashy this year.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 18510
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by HeHateMe »

Small Hands wrote: ↑Sun May 03, 2026 10:06 am
twolves31 wrote: ↑Sun May 03, 2026 9:52 am
Small Hands wrote: ↑Fri May 01, 2026 9:53 pm

They’ve been the 6th seed two years in a row, homie. They lack star power on this team. They need another automatic scorer. Randle just isn’t consistent enough and Jaden is more of a defensive specialist. I understand he had a great game, but last night was a career high for him. Think he can do that consistently night in and night out?
Being the 2nd seed sure didn't help Boston this year. Being the first seed so far hasn't helped Detroit, although they may pull it out in game 7 to advance against the 9th seed.
SAS and OKC cruised through their first round. Eastern conference is trashy this year.
I can't wait for the Wolves to join it soon. Of course that will mean stars will start going east.
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 37470
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by somuchyummy »

If we try to get a DPE player to replace Donte while he's out, it has to be a player willing to sign for just a one year deal. When I look at available PG FAs this summer - three stand out. Jose Alvarado, Collin Gillespie and Brandon Williams. All of them made less this year than the $6M we could offer them with the DPE. Alvarado has a PO - the other two are UFAs.

Gillespie would be great, but is likely out - he and the Suns both want a new contract there.

Alvarado is maybe doable - he came to NY, did well, then got cut from the playoff rotation - which has to burn. He played yesterday in their absolute pummeling of the Sixers, but everyone did - he got just 8 minutes in a 39 point win. I could see him thinking "i could be the TWolves backup PG for a year - sign me up." He made $4.5M this year.

The other option I found is Mav Brandon Williams - who filled in pretty well this season due to injuries. Averaged 13 ppg and 4 apg for the season - 66 games. They are a bit in the bind in paying to bring him back ($2.27M this year) with the return of Kyrie and what they see in Ryan Nembhard. Dallas also has a top ten pick coming up - and that part of the draft is flush in PG talent.

If we can't afford to resign Bones because of it $$ we need for Ayo, getting a guy like either Alvarado or Williams on a DPE for a year would soften that loss. And draft a PG at 28.
All Time Draft 2025

PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond

There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
User avatar
witljon
Posts: 27107
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:57 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by witljon »

somuchyummy wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 9:51 pm
RubeTube wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 8:10 pm
Small Hands wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2026 3:32 pm

Good point… I think they need to make a splash in the offseason. This team as is isn’t winning a championship. They need to make a move for Giannis IMO
Yep. Throw in ALL the chips for Giannis.

I don’t care what you have to give up as long as the name isn’t Ant.
I think the only way it gets done is with Ant. Giannis is a better player than Ant - but he's also 31, so I think we'd have to be getting young talent back - good young talent - to have it make any sense at all. An Ant/Naz for Giannis/Rollins/Dieng deal sits right in around $72M for both parties. I don't see the Bucks trading Giannis - or us trading Ant - for just a bunch of guys. I'd rather just sit tight and continue to build around Ant.
Two different situations.
The Bucks need to make changes and we don’t.
Bring ya ass!
User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 37470
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by somuchyummy »

Another role player to watch is Thunder Cason Wallace. They picked up his option for next year back in Oct, but there's more than a couple reasons why I think they could look to unload him - much like they did with Ousmane Dieng this year - simply because they have too many bodies. SGA is obviously the PG engine that runs the team. But so many of the other backcourt players on that team are combos - it's kind of the OKC way to have all those playmakers. Alex Caruso, Ajay Mitchell, newly acquired Jared McCain, Nikola Topic (who has looked quite good when healthy - and he should be finally make his debut), Jalen Williams can play some Point - and then there's Wallace. They have two first rounders this year with all the first round PG talent. Maybe they'll take two bigs - but they'll also have last year's first rounder Thomas Sorber back in the fold. Idk. It won't surprise me if Wallace is the odd man out.
All Time Draft 2025

PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond

There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129061
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by weimy froob »

DD. Package him in a trade or keep in hopes that he can be a late season/postseason spark?
User avatar
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***
Posts: 1022
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:07 pm
Location: Hinckley

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Catalyst »

I would kike to keep him. Unless there is somebody that brings something perfectly fitting in to whst we need. His metrics last year were some of the highest on the team. You don't throw that away just to grab a somebody for the team. If he comes back at the end of the season, he won't be himself, but he maybe will give thw bench a bit of bounce. I don't think he will command a huge price in FA next season. Possibly he would give us a bit of discount for keeping him.
My heart is family.
Post Reply