Page 2 of 2

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:48 pm
by j2j
Jericho is an all time great, but he's lost a step in the ring and on the mic.

I was obsessed with wrestling as a kid through college. Stopped watching when the attitude era ended and they went PG/Family friendly shit. Started watching again about a year ago.

WWE is definitely making huge mistakes, and I think some are overrating AEW because of it. AEW is a breath of fresh air, but still a ways to go before it's a great product with long term viability.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:54 pm
by Tony Bongwater
j2j wrote: ↑Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:48 pm Jericho is an all time great, but he's lost a step in the ring and on the mic.

I was obsessed with wrestling as a kid through college. Stopped watching when the attitude era ended and they went PG/Family friendly shit. Started watching again about a year ago.

WWE is definitely making huge mistakes, and I think some are overrating AEW because of it. AEW is a breath of fresh air, but still a ways to go before it's a great product with long term viability.
Agreed, in full. And as yourself this has been a quite recent interest. Only because watching the process has been drama filled. Honestly, it was the Cody vs Dustin match at all in that got me back. Laughed, shocked, horrified, then bawled like a kid and texted my brother.

They're really young and no one has ever asked a promotion to do what they have the ability to do within the first year. Some of it is super cringey. But that's always been a part of wrestling... even at it's best. Its always been pretend fighting by pretend rules in a pretend universe that not only defies logic but is completely logical. Give it time and theyll work out the Marco stunts for luke harpers.

Whatever AEW is or isnt its been fucking interesting. And even Jericho has said yes he's an old man now with an old man body giving one last ass kicking to these kids till they realize... I'm kind of loving that.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:58 pm
by j2j
It definitely has my interest. I watch it live over NXT(watch the NXT replay on Thursday), except tonight because of the Wolves.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:02 pm
by Tony Bongwater
It has my attention. We'll see how long they keep it. NXT is good, but has major production issues.

Velveteen dream is my guy though.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:30 pm
by j2j
Baylor with the heal turn tonight. Bullet Club? Should have ran that program on Raw.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:59 am
by HeHateMe
The clip with Jim Ross and the dippin dots is hilarious. "MY GOD, THE DIP N DOTS!!"

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:50 pm
by Tony Bongwater
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:59 am The clip with Jim Ross and the dippin dots is hilarious. "MY GOD, THE DIP N DOTS!!"
:lol: I fucking loved that. The whole segment was absolute gold.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:28 pm
by j2j
Shhh... I havent watched AEW yet this week. Tonight.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:45 pm
by Self High-Five
j2j wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:28 pm Shhh... I havent watched AEW yet this week. Tonight.
Their best show so far, IMO.

Tag team to start off with, great match.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:47 pm
by j2j
Good to hear. Hoping I have time to watch tonight. Damn Wolves and Vikings.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:49 pm
by Tony Bongwater
Rewatching it with extended footage tonight (omega fucked up his mark and left moxley to fill the end of the show on improve, then showed up 5 seconds after their TV time was cut off) fucking great show. If this is what I'm getting from them I'll be tuning in each and every week.

"BUH GOD!! THE DIP'N DOTS"!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:15 pm
by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero
Tony Bongwater wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:49 pm Rewatching it with extended footage tonight (omega fucked up his mark and left moxley to fill the end of the show on improve, then showed up 5 seconds after their TV time was cut off) fucking great show. If this is what I'm getting from them I'll be tuning in each and every week.

"BUH GOD!! THE DIP'N DOTS"!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The whole segment with Cody, Jericho and the brawl was the best thing I've seen in wrestling in a long time. That's what people want. Even cranky Cornette(I like Corny) said that was great TV.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:33 pm
by Tony Bongwater
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:15 pm
Tony Bongwater wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:49 pm Rewatching it with extended footage tonight (omega fucked up his mark and left moxley to fill the end of the show on improve, then showed up 5 seconds after their TV time was cut off) fucking great show. If this is what I'm getting from them I'll be tuning in each and every week.

"BUH GOD!! THE DIP'N DOTS"!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The whole segment with Cody, Jericho and the brawl was the best thing I've seen in wrestling in a long time. That's what people want. Even cranky Cornette(I like Corny) said that was great TV.
I love cornette too. I literally watch the show, then anticipate Jim's reaction to it. Hes not entirely wrong, but hes not entirely right either. That fuckboy Vince openly destroyed Kayfabe to save his own ass in front of congress 20 years ago and I think jim hasnt come to terms with it

He also romanticizes an era that included the berserker, the gobbledy gooker, and the yetah!!

Either way listening to Jim is one of the best things I've ever heard.. he's so fucking above everyone else

"I couldnt warm up to him if we were creamated together" (kenny omega.. aka Kenny Olivier)

"Two nerds that arent even man enough to be gay" (best friends)

Fucking love Jim

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:57 pm
by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero
Tony Bongwater wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:33 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:15 pm
Tony Bongwater wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:49 pm Rewatching it with extended footage tonight (omega fucked up his mark and left moxley to fill the end of the show on improve, then showed up 5 seconds after their TV time was cut off) fucking great show. If this is what I'm getting from them I'll be tuning in each and every week.

"BUH GOD!! THE DIP'N DOTS"!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The whole segment with Cody, Jericho and the brawl was the best thing I've seen in wrestling in a long time. That's what people want. Even cranky Cornette(I like Corny) said that was great TV.
I love cornette too. I literally watch the show, then anticipate Jim's reaction to it. Hes not entirely wrong, but hes not entirely right either. That fuckboy Vince openly destroyed Kayfabe to save his own ass in front of congress 20 years ago and I think jim hasnt come to terms with it

He also romanticizes an era that included the berserker, the gobbledy gooker, and the yetah!!

Either way listening to Jim is one of the best things I've ever heard.. he's so fucking above everyone else

"I couldnt warm up to him if we were creamated together" (kenny omega.. aka Kenny Olivier)

"Two nerds that arent even man enough to be gay" (best friends)

Fucking love Jim
I like listening to Cornette in small doses, and his Drive Thru pod is superior to the Experience imho. Obviously a manager legend, and a wrestling history savant. He's brilliant. But my highlighted portion is my biggest gripe. Wrestling in the 70's and 80's wasn't lollipops and gummy bears. The work was shoddy unless you're talking about Flair, Steamboat, Savage, the Rock N Roll and Midnight Express and a few others. Especially in WWF. I mean Hacksaw Jim Duggan was fucking awful in the ring. Same with Nikita Koloff in Mid Atlantic. These weren't great matches. Sure it was more real and kayfabe mattered, but watching most of those matches on the network isn't easy, and I'm no high spot guy. I love Bret Hart, Flair, and Barry Windham and that ilk. It's great. But damn a lot of it sucked.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:58 pm
by Tony Bongwater
Oh, and BTW moxley has been warned about attacking referees. Hes done it repeatedly and if he touches another ref he's looking at a fine, and possible suspension.

:lol:

I fucking love this company.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:06 pm
by Tony Bongwater
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:57 pm
Tony Bongwater wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:33 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:15 pm

The whole segment with Cody, Jericho and the brawl was the best thing I've seen in wrestling in a long time. That's what people want. Even cranky Cornette(I like Corny) said that was great TV.
I love cornette too. I literally watch the show, then anticipate Jim's reaction to it. Hes not entirely wrong, but hes not entirely right either. That fuckboy Vince openly destroyed Kayfabe to save his own ass in front of congress 20 years ago and I think jim hasnt come to terms with it

He also romanticizes an era that included the berserker, the gobbledy gooker, and the yetah!!

Either way listening to Jim is one of the best things I've ever heard.. he's so fucking above everyone else

"I couldnt warm up to him if we were creamated together" (kenny omega.. aka Kenny Olivier)

"Two nerds that arent even man enough to be gay" (best friends)

Fucking love Jim
I like listening to Cornette in small doses, and his Drive Thru pod is superior to the Experience imho. Obviously a manager legend, and a wrestling history savant. He's brilliant. But my highlighted portion is my biggest gripe. Wrestling in the 70's and 80's wasn't lollipops and gummy bears. The work was shoddy unless you're talking about Flair, Steamboat, Savage, the Rock N Roll and Midnight Express and a few others. Especially in WWF. I mean Hacksaw Jim Duggan was fucking awful in the ring. Same with Nikita Koloff in Mid Atlantic. These weren't great matches. Sure it was more real and kayfabe mattered, but watching most of those matches on the network isn't easy, and I'm no high spot guy. I love Bret Hart, Flair, and Barry Windham and that ilk. It's great. But damn a lot of it sucked.
And this is where the disconnect comes in. Hes talking about an industry that has pulled the most outlandish nonsense possible since its inception. An industry that used to regularly book midgets vs giants as a draw. Now he wants to tell me about what stuff should look like... love his bravado, and theres not a mouth on the earth that can compare to jim unless you're talking about Bobby the brain... but he romanticizes his era because he was James E cornette...

Something tells me Mr Fugi, Harvey whippleman, jamison, Sony onno, and Paul E. Might not see that period the ssame

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:03 am
by j2j
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:15 pm
Tony Bongwater wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:49 pm Rewatching it with extended footage tonight (omega fucked up his mark and left moxley to fill the end of the show on improve, then showed up 5 seconds after their TV time was cut off) fucking great show. If this is what I'm getting from them I'll be tuning in each and every week.

"BUH GOD!! THE DIP'N DOTS"!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The whole segment with Cody, Jericho and the brawl was the best thing I've seen in wrestling in a long time. That's what people want. Even cranky Cornette(I like Corny) said that was great TV.
The Jericho and Cody segment was great. DDP? That could be good, though he's old now, 63! I really hope they dont start bringing in a bunch of hasbeens like TNA did. The dip n dots, the broken glass door, brawl out to the concourse... Not sure how I feel about the wwe reference. I think I'd prefer they do their thing and just ignore the other company.

Omega vs Janela was really good. Young Bucks match was solid.

The opening tag match with lucha bros and private party was pretty bad. Some ok spots, but other spots that were so brutally choreographed that it leaves you wonder what the fuck they're doing. It really annoys me when it's obvious people are trying to ACT the part as opposed to BE the part. Some of the refereeing has been like that so far.

Moxley vs PAC was great. I hope they're exploring more of the Moxley persona with him turning on PAC and then crushing the ref. Moxley is my favorite thing going anywhere. Of course he was as Ambrose too.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:59 pm
by j2j
Catching up on last week"s episode. Kind of comical that Jim Ross references the WWE Hall of Fame in regards to DDP. The whole Diamond match was just stupid. NXT blows this shit away.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:17 pm
by jffl_commish
Just caught a 3v3 match from tonight's show with Golddust and 5 other dudes I've never heard of. That was pretty entertaining though. Lots of action and dudes flying around all over.

Side note, Jim Ross is looking pretty rough.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:45 am
by j2j
I have to watch this week's AEW, yet. The card didn't look entertaining at all.

Keith Lee, Finn Balor, Tommaso Ciampa, and Adam Cole storyline is the best in the industry right now, with Rhea Ripley vs Shayna Baszler not far behind. They're doing an awesome job especially with Keith Lee and Finn Balor. But that's Triple H and Regal, not Vince.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:31 pm
by Tony Bongwater
Aew has hot the proverbial wall that was inevitable. They have about 6 names that catch peoples attention and a bunch of guys they're still introducing. Twas bound to happen, but they're working through it. Over the next year theyll have an influx if recognizable but underutilized or incorrectly utilized talent that people can get behind, but for now they're trying to get guys like Darby allin, jungle boy and anyone on the female roster (what a shit show) over.

NXT us by far the better product but they have the billion dollar WWE behind them without vince's fuckery to hamper them. We'll see how long hes able to stay hands off.

Shits only 12 episodes long and us still drawing 300,000 more viewers than expected.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:11 am
by j2j
I hope they do add talent. Right now it's per near unwatchable. Love Jericho, but it's time to move on.

But considering the RAW World Champ is someone who is seen maybe once every 2 months, that show isn't much better.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:49 am
by HeHateMe
this nwa show the guy from smashing pumpkins took over keeps showing up on my youtube suggested videos. Anyways, I saw a video of Aaron Stevens, why is he not in AEW? Great promo, former partner of cody's right?

I find wrestling more interesting to follow from reading versus actually watching. The Psycho Scurll just showed up there on NWA too.. they have a bunch of guys who should be in AEW with the champ, Nick Aldis, Stevens, others I can't remember off the top of my head. Seems like they're basically grabbing guys who have names not performers (NWA I'm talking).

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:26 am
by j2j
I prefer watching all of the shows the next day so I can fast forward through the garbage like...

-AEW's women's division
-Lana, Lashley, Rusev
-WWE's Squash matches
-The OC(Their schtick better lead to some kind of payoff vs NWO, DX, or Bullet Club, or I'm gonna be pissed.)

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:29 pm
by ocsid
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:49 am this nwa show the guy from smashing pumpkins took over keeps showing up on my youtube suggested videos. Anyways, I saw a video of Aaron Stevens, why is he not in AEW? Great promo, former partner of cody's right?

I find wrestling more interesting to follow from reading versus actually watching. The Psycho Scurll just showed up there on NWA too.. they have a bunch of guys who should be in AEW with the champ, Nick Aldis, Stevens, others I can't remember off the top of my head. Seems like they're basically grabbing guys who have names not performers (NWA I'm talking).
NWA is pretty decent (and their fake commercials and intentional low-rent production style) are great.
It was better before they fired Cornette though.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:22 pm
by Tony Bongwater
Its been on fire since the new year. Just great TV.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:18 pm
by j2j
I lost my TNT, havent been able to watch. Isnt there a place they show past episodes? AEW websitem

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:26 pm
by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill
I don’t care what anyone says, Orange Cassidy is the best thing they have going for them.

Re: ***AEW***

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:58 am
by Tony Bongwater
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: ↑Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:26 pm I don’t care what anyone says, Orange Cassidy is the best thing they have going for them.
Anyone who hasnt seen the match vs Pac from revolution is so missing out. Guys sells like the 123 kid from WWF in 93, while being more over than anything else they've got. Just a brilliant match. I couldnt be more entertained than I was on Saturday. Front to back.

Now they've got Broken Matt and Luke Harper coming in the next 3 weeks... pusshaw... shits been on fire. Not to mention that everything else has been excellent. Omega, Page vs the Bucks of Youth was excellent, as has everything Cody and MJF have done, and theyve got like 2 more matches to go. Then you get Darby and Samny... jesus... WWE couldnt do this if they felt like it.

My guys, we're back to where this shit was awesone. Enjoy.