Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wouldya??

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Moderator: Sylvester Stallone

j-one
Posts: 1200
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:07 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by j-one »

I doubt Joan is ready to be a starter. I hope he's in the rotation. But either Finch or foul trouble will keep Joan from playing a ton of minutes, at least this year.

I'm OK trading Rudy (and DDV), just not for Zion who probably doesn't even qualify for NBA benefits since he's not a full time employee.
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129061
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by weimy froob »

j-one wrote: ↑Mon Jun 29, 2026 8:38 am I doubt Joan is ready to be a starter. I hope he's in the rotation. But either Finch or foul trouble will keep Joan from playing a ton of minutes, at least this year.

I'm OK trading Rudy (and DDV), just not for Zion who probably doesn't even qualify for NBA benefits since he's not a full time employee.
ready or not, here he comes. I can't envision him not being part of the rotation and getting a lot of meaningful minutes. he'll get in foul trouble from time to time probably, but that's why he needs to play.
User avatar
ForCaleb
Posts: 91847
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:29 pm

Re: Wouldya??

Post by ForCaleb »

I would not just for the fact of his injury history.
User avatar
Subarudrivingsnowflake
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am

Re: Wouldya??

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Mon Jun 29, 2026 8:01 am
Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 9:31 pm Seriously can we just get a guy who can catch the basketball and make a 5 foot hook shot 40% of the time?? Is this too much to ask from an NBA player??

This reminds me of the Doug Meintkiewcz argument. He couldn’t hit a baseball, but everyone sold him as this defensive 1st basemen who apparently saved like 2 runs a game or some shit. Yea his defense was awesome, but the game is to score runs god dammit.
pretty sure he's on the team right now. Joan is going to be able to make that shot imo. also, this trade idea was floated earlier by Jace Frederick and instead of Rudy, Beringer was the guy that the Pels would want. you still looking to make that trade?
I personally believe Joan can do what Rudy does and MoRE for a fraction of the cost. The big difference is Joan can guard the perimeter because he’s got such good footwork. Seems redundant to pay Rudy 35M for something the backup can already do. Denver is not the threat any longer. Jokic can’t guard the paint.

We at least need a C who’s a mild threat to score. We’re gonna see zone D all season and playoffs and Rudy’s just worthless out there on the offensive end.

Yes Rudy has great D, but it’s costing us on the offensive end dearly. Nobody has been able to get a chip with Rudy and that’s the reason. Teams will run P&R on him to death and put him on skates in the open floor. Then offense, they sag off him which allows the defense to put 3 guys on ant without paying for it. I watched the whole season and it’s a common theme and why the offense was so bogged down all the time. Apparently, Lamelo should alleviate that but it remains to be seen.
Post Reply