Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Micah Nori

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Moderator: Sylvester Stallone

Small Hands
Posts: 10468
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Re: Micah Nori

Post by Small Hands »

aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:09 am
Small Hands wrote: ↑Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:43 am
witljon wrote: ↑Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:59 am

I have yet to see a trade idea for Towns I’d do.
You must overvalue him then
And it’s apparent you undervalue him. Mentioning Cade Cunningham in the same breath as KAt is just awful.
Don’t like Cades game?
Small Hands
Posts: 10468
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Re: Micah Nori

Post by Small Hands »

aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:09 am
Small Hands wrote: ↑Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:43 am
witljon wrote: ↑Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:59 am

I have yet to see a trade idea for Towns I’d do.
You must overvalue him then
And it’s apparent you undervalue him. Mentioning Cade Cunningham in the same breath as KAt is just awful.
Detroit just gave him a max contract, so apparently they disagree with you.
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Micah Nori

Post by weimy froob »

he was good. anybody else hear Micah tonight?

User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Micah Nori

Post by weimy froob »

User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Micah Nori

Post by weimy froob »

it'd probably be just a band-aid, but there's no doubt that this team is bleeding right now. it's late in the season, but things are going south real fast. I admit i'm hitting the panic button, but I think it's time to hit the eject button when it comes to Finch. if they lose every game on this road trip they should try the quick fix to see if they can get things back on track.
User avatar
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 5610
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Micah Nori

Post by Lightning »

Are there any coaches on the staff who should also be held accountable for the crap defensive scheme they run out there?
"Not great, Bob!"
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 18510
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Micah Nori

Post by HeHateMe »

Can KG convince his buddy Ty Lue to come over here after the season?
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
User avatar
SHAFA
Posts: 15125
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Re: Micah Nori

Post by SHAFA »

HeHateMe wrote: ↑Thu Mar 12, 2026 4:01 pmCan KG convince his buddy Ty Lue to come over here after the season?
Kerr’s contract is up. He’s the kind of name I’d expect to hear ARod make a play for.
User avatar
bubu dubu.
Posts: 15816
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Re: Micah Nori

Post by bubu dubu. »

Nori to me is the NBA version of Mike McDaniel. Quirky but intelligent and charismatic in a nerdy kind of way. Maybe it could work long term, but I think short term it would give the team a morality boost.

I do like Finch, but his stubbornness is starting to look like it will be his undoing. He is similar to Thibs in a lot of ways.
User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 37470
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Micah Nori

Post by somuchyummy »

bubu dubu. wrote: ↑Thu Mar 12, 2026 5:05 pm Nori to me is the NBA version of Mike McDaniel. Quirky but intelligent and charismatic in a nerdy kind of way. Maybe it could work long term, but I think short term it would give the team a morality boost.

I do like Finch, but his stubbornness is starting to look like it will be his undoing. He is similar to Thibs in a lot of ways.
his stubbornness is just revealing itself as a liability. I'm trying to think of a positive aspect of being stubborn.
All Time Draft 2025

PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond

There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 18510
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Micah Nori

Post by HeHateMe »

SHAFA wrote: ↑Thu Mar 12, 2026 4:29 pm
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Thu Mar 12, 2026 4:01 pmCan KG convince his buddy Ty Lue to come over here after the season?
Kerr’s contract is up. He’s the kind of name I’d expect to hear ARod make a play for.
That would be interesting. And I think Kerr would know he has to bring in another guard who can handle the ball plenty, orchestrate an actual offense... I'm good with moving on from Randle. Give me the playmaker guards with Jaden, Naz and Rudy upfront for a season.
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
User avatar
feekdogg
Posts: 38626
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:56 pm

Re: Micah Nori

Post by feekdogg »

HeHateMe wrote: ↑Thu Mar 12, 2026 4:01 pm Can KG convince his buddy Ty Lue to come over here after the season?
Image

Are he and KG buddies?
I made this!
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 18510
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Micah Nori

Post by HeHateMe »

feekdogg wrote: ↑Fri Mar 13, 2026 8:57 am
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Thu Mar 12, 2026 4:01 pm Can KG convince his buddy Ty Lue to come over here after the season?
Image

Are he and KG buddies?
Of course... crazy he's 56 and still hasn't gotten his first head coaching job.
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
User avatar
ForCaleb
Posts: 91847
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:29 pm

Re: Micah Nori

Post by ForCaleb »

bubu dubu. wrote: ↑Thu Mar 12, 2026 5:05 pm Nori to me is the NBA version of Mike McDaniel. Quirky but intelligent and charismatic in a nerdy kind of way. Maybe it could work long term, but I think short term it would give the team a morality boost.

I do like Finch, but his stubbornness is starting to look like it will be his undoing. He is similar to Thibs in a lot of ways.
I agree, Nori is the equivalent to an exceptional coordinator, but doesn't seem like he's head coach material.
User avatar
SHAFA
Posts: 15125
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Re: Micah Nori

Post by SHAFA »

HeHateMe wrote: ↑Fri Mar 13, 2026 8:50 am
SHAFA wrote: ↑Thu Mar 12, 2026 4:29 pm
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Thu Mar 12, 2026 4:01 pmCan KG convince his buddy Ty Lue to come over here after the season?
Kerr’s contract is up. He’s the kind of name I’d expect to hear ARod make a play for.
That would be interesting. And I think Kerr would know he has to bring in another guard who can handle the ball plenty, orchestrate an actual offense... I'm good with moving on from Randle. Give me the playmaker guards with Jaden, Naz and Rudy upfront for a season.
I think they were just stuck kinda with Randle over the offseason. The first two rounds of the playoffs last year were great when the matchup favored him, but that OKC length bothered him like I thought it would.

Then...you couldn't afford to lose him for nothing after Durant told them no. Now you've got OKC and SAS that should be holding steady around the top of the West while Randle's splits against both are awful for what you're paying:

SAS, last six games: 16-6-5 on 41%
OKC, last six games: 16-6-4 on 35%
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Micah Nori

Post by weimy froob »

User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129070
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Micah Nori

Post by weimy froob »

User avatar
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***
Posts: 1022
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:07 pm
Location: Hinckley

Re: Micah Nori

Post by Catalyst »

That contract is terrible. I hope he shows out enough to get an offer elsewhere like Splitter.
My heart is family.
User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 37470
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Micah Nori

Post by somuchyummy »

Maybe Micah asked for a one year deal because he sniffs something in the air back in Minnesota.

Any chance with this opening on the Timberwolves staff - that some reshuffling could happen and Mike Conley be added somewhere on it? I like Mike, but am looking for his days in uniform to perhaps be over. He'd look good in a suit on the sidelines. More interested in signing a cheap vet FA like Jevon Carter to be a third PG. Just 30 years old, still a bulldog defender, 36% from three last year - 38% for his career. 53 games last year split between ORL and CHI - around 16 mpg. He's a UFA and looking for a home.
All Time Draft 2025

PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond

There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
mnbob70
Posts: 4330
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:41 pm

Re: Micah Nori

Post by mnbob70 »

somuchyummy wrote: ↑Fri Jun 26, 2026 11:44 am Maybe Micah asked for a one year deal because he sniffs something in the air back in Minnesota.
It's a one-year deal with a team option so it's just Portland being cheap.
A$$MAN
Posts: 2521
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:31 am

Re: Micah Nori

Post by A$$MAN »

mnbob70 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 26, 2026 12:26 pm
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Fri Jun 26, 2026 11:44 am Maybe Micah asked for a one year deal because he sniffs something in the air back in Minnesota.
It's a one-year deal with a team option so it's just Portland being cheap.
Yep, they talked about this for quite some time on ESPN yesterday. Stephen A. was livid. He said something about getting the (player's) union involved.
Oriole81
Posts: 38110
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Micah Nori

Post by Oriole81 »

I understand from a precedent standpoint it's a bad look, however the amount of money paid out to fired coaches IN ALL SPORTS is pretty ridiculous.
People are far too quick to act and there's far too much turnover over a couple year period, to warrant LONG term contracts for coaches.
2025 Froob NBA Draft

Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
User avatar
bubu dubu.
Posts: 15816
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Re: Micah Nori

Post by bubu dubu. »

watching his intro presser, he's saying the right things, but doesn't seem himself.
User avatar
bubu dubu.
Posts: 15816
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Re: Micah Nori

Post by bubu dubu. »

wow, a reporter asks Micah and Joe (who I'm assuming is the GM?)
-Micah, I want to know why you were willing to come here under those terms,
and
-Joe, why is it okay to do business like this and how are you not setting him up for failure...

thats reporting!
Mnwild1128
Posts: 5483
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:47 am
Location: 2nd username. Been on here since around 2008-ish

Re: Micah Nori

Post by Mnwild1128 »

Blazers are just waiting for a top tier coach candidate next offseason unless Micah and the Blazers reach some type of unforseen level next season. Had he JUST signed a one year deal, would amyone be talking about it? No this much.
User avatar
Jimi_Thing
Posts: 24568
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Re: Micah Nori

Post by Jimi_Thing »

bubu dubu. wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 12:49 am watching his intro presser, he's saying the right things, but doesn't seem himself.
Can’t be the fun, funny guy when you’re the Head Coach.

I really wish him the best. He’s got some good talent to work with. I have some doubts with Nori, but if I were to place a bet…I’d put my money on Nori succeeding. Hope he overachieves to the point where he gets to pull off a successful ‘topsy, turvy’


Image
BuDG123
Posts: 9307
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:57 am

Re: Micah Nori

Post by BuDG123 »

A loss for the timberwolves.

Ant called him genius and scored 51 points for him on his 50th birthday to pay homage to how much Nori helped him.

There's lots of glass on the highway but that doesn't mean there was an accident.

Image
Post Reply