Page 1 of 2

Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:04 am
by DonaldDouchebag
I just picked up a compilation featuring this gem. It's getting a lot of spins at my house:


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:06 am
by Lightning
I dig the Brian Setzer Orchestra stuff. Saw the Christmas show a couple years ago at the Orpheum and thought it was great.

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:08 am
by DonaldDouchebag
Lightning wrote: ↑Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:06 am I dig the Brian Setzer Orchestra stuff. Saw the Christmas show a couple years ago at the Orpheum and thought it was great.
Ooo. I'd love to see that. Is it mostly instrumental or do they do vocals, too?

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:09 am
by DonaldDouchebag

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:12 am
by Lightning
DonaldDouchebag wrote: ↑Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:08 am
Lightning wrote: ↑Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:06 am I dig the Brian Setzer Orchestra stuff. Saw the Christmas show a couple years ago at the Orpheum and thought it was great.
Ooo. I'd love to see that. Is it mostly instrumental or do they do vocals, too?
He sings a lot. Lots of covers of classics, jammin big band...awesome rockabilly guitar.


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:34 am
by YBBR
I put Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas on every year. This is a killer reminder.

I love the instrumentation on that album. It's my favorite Christmas record, bar none.

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:36 am
by YBBR
Lightning wrote: ↑Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:12 am
He sings a lot. Lots of covers of classics, jammin big band...awesome rockabilly guitar.


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
This undeniably kicks ass. :thumbsup:

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:16 pm
by DonaldDouchebag
YBBR wrote: ↑Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:34 am I put Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas on every year. This is a killer reminder.

I love the instrumentation on that album. It's my favorite Christmas record, bar none.
I have just about every good Christmas record and the Guaraldi one is still the best.

You might also dig Kenny Burrell's "Have Yourself a Soulful Little Christmas":


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:23 pm
by Slap Shot
Elvis
Nat
Phil
Frank
Dean
Louie
Bing
Ella
Duke
Johnny

I'm all old school although that TSO shit is pretty cool.

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:23 pm
by DonaldDouchebag
Slap Shot wrote: ↑Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:23 pm Elvis
Nat
Phil
Frank
Dean
Louie
Bing
Ella
Duke
Johnny

I'm all old school although that TSO shit is pretty cool.
Gotta have the Beach Boys and my man Gene Autry in there, too.

The Johnny Cash xmas album is pretty horrendous, though. Lots and lots of talking.

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:59 pm
by BBG

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:28 pm
by Slap Shot
DonaldDouchebag wrote: ↑Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:23 pm
Slap Shot wrote: ↑Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:23 pm Elvis
Nat
Phil
Frank
Dean
Louie
Bing
Ella
Duke
Johnny

I'm all old school although that TSO shit is pretty cool.
Gotta have the Beach Boys and my man Gene Autry in there, too.

The Johnny Cash xmas album is pretty horrendous, though. Lots and lots of talking.
I should have specified. That's Mathis.

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:02 pm
by Donovan McNabb
the run dmc song

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:22 pm
by PrLJaM
Let Me Sleep/It's Christmas Time

By; Pearl Jam

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:56 pm
by Qman65

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:07 am
by Winston

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:57 am
by ForCaleb
I really enjoy Tom Waits in small doses. Good find

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:10 am
by ForCaleb

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:25 am
by thinktank
Any Christmas tune in a minor key is among my favorites.

Oh Come Oh Come Emmanuel
What Child Is This
We Three Kings

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:57 am
by cmd24
I'm not a big Christmas music guy, unless it's some of the old school stuff, like Bing Crosby, or some of those guys. My absolute favorite though, will always be Trans Siberian Orchestra. I was fortunate enough to see a show of theirs and it was outstanding. Such good musicianship, vocals, everything. Plus, I like their spin on some of the classic songs.

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:11 pm
by salamander

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:02 pm
by Herky
I love me some Leon Redbone. “Christmas Island” is rad as fuck.

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:23 am
by Qman65
Grandma Got Run Over by a John Deere!

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:12 am
by Ski

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:05 pm
by DonaldDouchebag
Here's the most haunting holiday tune I've ever heard. The kid vocalist fucking rips.


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:47 pm
by Ski
DonaldDouchebag wrote: ↑Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:05 pm Here's the most haunting holiday tune I've ever heard. The kid vocalist fucking rips.


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
I like that. What's that from? Searched the snowman and looked like totally different movie.

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:49 pm
by Ski
Never mind, found it

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:51 pm
by somuchyummy

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:44 pm
by YBBR
This is an absolute treat. Thank you!

Re: Your fave Christmas/Holiday tunes:

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:11 pm
by Leon
Herky wrote: ↑Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:02 pm I love me some Leon Redbone. “Christmas Island” is rad as fuck.
i can dig that !