Page 1 of 1
Bob Dylan's Harmonica
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:05 pm
by Edina Froob
Does anybody else think Bob Dylan's harmonica ruins some of his songs? There will be times where I'm just enjoying one of his songs, then his harmonica just starts screeching and I have to turn the volume way down.
Re: Bob Dylan's Harmonica
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:11 pm
by Hummdrum
At times yes, other times it works.
I enjoy when CommonMan does his Bob Dylan voice singing to non-Dylan songs, lol.
He had done that bit for many years.
Re: Bob Dylan's Harmonica
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:38 am
by thinktank
It's awful on Highway 61.
Re: Bob Dylan's Harmonica
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:42 am
by cmd24
At times. In all the times I've seen him live, though, I've never thought it ruins it. Seems to tone it down, or something, to where it's actually a nice addition.
Re: Bob Dylan's Harmonica
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:16 am
by thinktank
He's a better player now.
I find that musicians and wine both improve with age.
Re: Bob Dylan's Harmonica
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:38 am
by somuchyummy
i like the sound of dylan's harp, but i grew up with it so it's kind of ... comforting. like smelling hamburger noodle hotdish. brings me back to a time when my life had fewer problems.