Page 1 of 1

I miss Walter Becker

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:47 pm
by vikesbumeout
Discuss.

Re: I miss Walter Becker

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:22 pm
by Stork311
was at Barnes and Noble and bought a magazine.

UNCUT: The Ultimate Music Guide, Steely Dan.

Fantastic. Put on Pretzel Logic and lost myself in the articles for an hour. Did my heart good.

Re: I miss Walter Becker

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:43 pm
by Qman65
vikesbumeout wrote: ↑Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:47 pmDiscuss.
Here's a better ? Who do you miss most. Walter Becker, SRV or Jimi Hendrix?

Re: I miss Walter Becker

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:48 am
by Stork311
Jimi been gone longer than I've been alive...and I am old as dirt. The sting is gone. SRV was never my cup of tea....so by default I will go with Becker, although the unknown of what Mr. Hendrix had coming is sure enticing isn't it?

Re: I miss Walter Becker

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:29 am
by Qman65
Stork311 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:48 am Jimi been gone longer than I've been alive...and I am old as dirt. The sting is gone. SRV was never my cup of tea....so by default I will go with Becker, although the unknown of what Mr. Hendrix had coming is sure enticing isn't it?
I would've loved seeing Hendrix and SRV doing a Voodoo Chile duet. The teacher and student. OMFG!

Re: I miss Walter Becker

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:04 am
by Stork311
would that require listening to them sing a duet too?

Agree the instruments would kill...but not sure the voice harmony would be better than the cruise ship karaoke bar.