Page 1 of 1

Name your bro-mance

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:54 pm
by vikesbumeout
Dave Grohl for me....guy wants the art of music to remain “human” ......searching for balance. Owns Sound City mixing board = analog.

Love this guy.

Re: Name your bro-mance

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:07 pm
by YBBR
Musical bromance? Let me think about that one. This is a cool topic. The Sound City console is that Neve they had right?

Re: Name your bro-mance

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:03 am
by Qman65

Re: Name your bro-mance

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:09 am
by cmd24
Off the top of my head, I'd say Scott Holiday from Rival Sons. Dynamite guitar player, and seems like the epitome of California Cool, being from the Long Beach area. I've listened to numerous interviews with him, and he's such a chill guy. But, I also love his throwback stage presence. Wears a casual suit on stage, hipster style mustache (though I don't care for hipsters), shades, and plays in that gritty Led Zeppelin-esque bluesy style.

By all accounts, he should be a guy I hate, given his nature, but I think that's what makes me respect him. He's just so cool, down to earth, and knowledgeable.

Re: Name your bro-mance

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:12 am
by Mandatory
cmd

Re: Name your bro-mance

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:13 am
by cmd24
Mandatory wrote: ↑Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:12 amcmd
But I'm not a musician anymore.

Re: Name your bro-mance

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:24 am
by YBBR
cmd24 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:09 am Off the top of my head, I'd say Scott Holiday from Rival Sons. Dynamite guitar player, and seems like the epitome of California Cool, being from the Long Beach area. I've listened to numerous interviews with him, and he's such a chill guy. But, I also love his throwback stage presence. Wears a casual suit on stage, hipster style mustache (though I don't care for hipsters), shades, and plays in that gritty Led Zeppelin-esque bluesy style.

By all accounts, he should be a guy I hate, given his nature, but I think that's what makes me respect him. He's just so cool, down to earth, and knowledgeable.
Scott Holiday I straight up hate you, but God damn it if I don't respect you. That's a cool choice.

Re: Name your bro-mance

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:29 am
by cmd24
YBBR wrote: ↑Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:24 am
cmd24 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:09 am Off the top of my head, I'd say Scott Holiday from Rival Sons. Dynamite guitar player, and seems like the epitome of California Cool, being from the Long Beach area. I've listened to numerous interviews with him, and he's such a chill guy. But, I also love his throwback stage presence. Wears a casual suit on stage, hipster style mustache (though I don't care for hipsters), shades, and plays in that gritty Led Zeppelin-esque bluesy style.

By all accounts, he should be a guy I hate, given his nature, but I think that's what makes me respect him. He's just so cool, down to earth, and knowledgeable.
Scott Holiday I straight up hate you, but God damn it if I don't respect you. That's a cool choice.
I would put Rival Sons as my favorite band right now, even though at first glance, I shouldn't like anything about them. They scream hipster yuppy, whatever, but holy shit, are those guys something else. Such good musicians, in that throwback 60's-70's style. And like I said, I really enjoy his interviews. Same with Jay Buchanon, the lead singer.

Re: Name your bro-mance

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:38 am
by Mandatory
Mandatory wrote: ↑Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:12 amcmd
Minor detail.