Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Record store day!!!

Music forum.
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92160
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Record store day!!!

Post by Beef Supreme »

Today! Normally in April, but pushed back due to international covid shutdown efforts.


Anyone get anything? I got the Priest re-issue of “British Steel,” the RJD “Annica” picture disc, and the Motörhead “Ace of Spades/Dirty Love” die-cut picture disc.


Crowds were smallish, but properly socially distanced and masked appropriately, if anyone was wondering.



Also, arrived home and my “S&M2” box was waiting for me! Good day!
Last edited by Beef Supreme on Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
Angry Waters
Posts: 2189
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:21 am

Re: Record store day 2020!

Post by Angry Waters »

Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:21 am Today! Normally in April, but pushed back due to international covid shutdown efforts.


Anyone get anything? I got the Priest re-issue of “British Steel,” the RJD “Annica” picture disc, and the Motörhead “Ace of Spades/Dirty Love” die-cut picture disc.


Crowds were smallish, but properly socially distanced and masked appropriately, if anyone was wondering.



Also, arrived home and my “S&M2” box was waiting for me! Good day!
Nice pull, Beef! I don't own a record player--someday, I guess.
User avatar
cunningham
Posts: 16410
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:26 pm

Re: Record store day 2020!

Post by cunningham »

Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:21 am Today! Normally in April, but pushed back due to international covid shutdown efforts.


Anyone get anything? I got the Priest re-issue of “British Steel,” the RJD “Annica” picture disc, and the Motörhead “Ace of Spades/Dirty Love” die-cut picture disc.


Crowds were smallish, but properly socially distanced and masked appropriately, if anyone was wondering.



Also, arrived home and my “S&M2” box was waiting for me! Good day!
Where do you go for it? I thought the Fetus in Duluth was closed. I’ve never missed a RSD until this year.
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92160
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Record store day 2020!

Post by Beef Supreme »

cunningham wrote: ↑Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:15 am
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:21 am Today! Normally in April, but pushed back due to international covid shutdown efforts.


Anyone get anything? I got the Priest re-issue of “British Steel,” the RJD “Annica” picture disc, and the Motörhead “Ace of Spades/Dirty Love” die-cut picture disc.


Crowds were smallish, but properly socially distanced and masked appropriately, if anyone was wondering.



Also, arrived home and my “S&M2” box was waiting for me! Good day!
Where do you go for it? I thought the Fetus in Duluth was closed. I’ve never missed a RSD until this year.
Across the bridge. The Vinyl Cave in Superior. It’s part of the Globe News now. Corner of Tower and Bellknap.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***
Posts: 40112
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:20 am
Location: Not Lonsdale!

Re: Record store day 2020!

Post by cmd24 »

I picked up a mid-to-late 70’s (I’m guessing) cabinet style record player and 8-track player. Going to have to hit up Tune Town in Mankato and get some records to add to the collection.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92160
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Record store day 2020!

Post by Beef Supreme »

cmd24 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:09 am I picked up a mid-to-late 70’s (I’m guessing) cabinet style record player and 8-track player. Going to have to hit up Tune Town in Mankato and get some records to add to the collection.
For my money, those old 70s and early 80s hi-Fi stereos are the best.


I love the modern digital Bluetooth convenience. Don’t get me wrong. And for some kids of music, that’s fine. But for stuff from that era, a period set brings out a little something extra.

Maybe it’s imagined, I don’t know. I’m not a true audiophile snob about it. But I think you lose something from Zeppelin II or Dark Side of the Moon on a digitally compressed format.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92160
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Record store day 2020!

Post by Beef Supreme »

Drop 3 today!


Picked up a cool embossed gatefold double-LP of Judas Priest’s “Sad Wings of Destiny” on multicolored 45rpm vinyl.


Also splurged on “The Obelisk,” a 16lp compilation of Clutch records.

It was a good day!
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92160
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Beef Supreme »

Anyone go out today?


I got the Hu “Sad But True” picture disc 7” single and The Sword’s embossed cover “Age of Winters” purple frost special edition.

Then I perused the used section and nabbed “Harvest” and “Decade” from Neil Young as well as an Ennio Morricone compilation of those great themes to old westerns.

Then, on my way out the door, I spied a copy of the “Through the Never” soundtrack by Metallica on triple black, white, and red vinyl for $30 still sealed and picked that up too.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
Jimi_Thing
Posts: 24568
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:18 pm Anyone go out today?


I got the Hu “Sad But True” picture disc 7” single and The Sword’s embossed cover “Age of Winters” purple frost special edition.

Then I perused the used section and nabbed “Harvest” and “Decade” from Neil Young as well as an Ennio Morricone compilation of those great themes to old westerns.

Then, on my way out the door, I spied a copy of the “Through the Never” soundtrack by Metallica on triple black, white, and red vinyl for $30 still sealed and picked that up too.
Nice! Hoping to stop over to Mill City Sound in a bit. Mr.Bungle’s new album on vinyl? Hopefully. Check out their live performance of Eracist on YouTube. Excellent!!

Also been having my eye on the MadSeason vinyl.
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92160
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Beef Supreme »

Jimi_Thing wrote: ↑Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:10 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:18 pm Anyone go out today?


I got the Hu “Sad But True” picture disc 7” single and The Sword’s embossed cover “Age of Winters” purple frost special edition.

Then I perused the used section and nabbed “Harvest” and “Decade” from Neil Young as well as an Ennio Morricone compilation of those great themes to old westerns.

Then, on my way out the door, I spied a copy of the “Through the Never” soundtrack by Metallica on triple black, white, and red vinyl for $30 still sealed and picked that up too.
Nice! Hoping to stop over to Mill City Sound in a bit. Mr.Bungle’s new album on vinyl? Hopefully. Check out their live performance of Eracist on YouTube. Excellent!!

Also been having my eye on the MadSeason vinyl.
I almost picked up Gruntruck’s “Push.” They had a RSD rerelease today.


If you’re not familiar, they’re a Seattle band from the early 90s and I can't understand why that record wasn’t huge. Very sludgy-Sabbathy sound. Maybe not as sophisticated as Alice in Chains or Soundgarden, but well worth a listen.
Last edited by Beef Supreme on Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
EnLiteEndOne
Posts: 11875
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:22 am

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

I did not go out but Sub Pop apparently found additional stock of Father John Misty's Pure Comedy Deluxe LP from the original pressing last week and I was successful in obtaining a copy. $42 shipped to me, which is an exceptional deal considering the cool ass chrome and copper foil LP's, bonus 7" copy of his single 'Real Love', and a shit ton of extra material.
Lampin'
User avatar
Jimi_Thing
Posts: 24568
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Picked up The Cars ‘Panorama’ and Beastie Boys ‘Ill Communication’. Once again found myself putting Mad Season back. Too nice outside to be listening to that. Beastie Boys is always great summertime music. Layne Staley is more gloomy, miserable winter music.
User avatar
Moses Scurry
Posts: 18777
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:48 pm

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Moses Scurry »

Jimi_Thing wrote: ↑Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:46 pm Picked up The Cars ‘Panorama’ and Beastie Boys ‘Ill Communication’. Once again found myself putting Mad Season back. Too nice outside to be listening to that. Beastie Boys is always great summertime music. Layne Staley is more gloomy, miserable winter music.
Wake up young man, it's time to wake up...
User avatar
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***
Posts: 40112
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:20 am
Location: Not Lonsdale!

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by cmd24 »

Didn’t make it up there, but I heard Tune Town in Mankato had a pretty good sized line outside before they opened. Bummed I forgot about it, and had some other things going on. Need to get my player cabinet straightened out anyway with the speakers and needle. Buying anything right now would be teasing myself.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92160
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Beef Supreme »

cmd24 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:33 pm Didn’t make it up there, but I heard Tune Town in Mankato had a pretty good sized line outside before they opened. Bummed I forgot about it, and had some other things going on. Need to get my player cabinet straightened out anyway with the speakers and needle. Buying anything right now would be teasing myself.
THere's another drop on 7/17. Google it for details.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92160
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Beef Supreme »

Today’s haul:


“Live Seeds” by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds on double red vinyl with an etching on side 4.

“Portals” by Kirk Hammet on ocean blue vinyl. An instrumental EP. Very not-metal. Sounds like a soundtrack to a speghetti western.

“Brilliant Adventure” by David Bowie. An EP of alternate mixes and unreleased stuff from his 90s era.

“Poison” by Bell Biv Devoe on cherry red vinyl. Don’t tell me not to like this. Don’t you dare.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
Angry Waters
Posts: 2189
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:21 am

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Angry Waters »

Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:51 am Today’s haul:


“Live Seeds” by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds on double red vinyl with an etching on side 4.

“Portals” by Kirk Hammet on ocean blue vinyl. An instrumental EP. Very not-metal. Sounds like a soundtrack to a speghetti western.

“Brilliant Adventure” by David Bowie. An EP of alternate mixes and unreleased stuff from his 90s era.

“Poison” by Bell Biv Devoe on cherry red vinyl. Don’t tell me not to like this. Don’t you dare.
Number 4... I won't say a word. Promise.

Had a buddy down here in 'Kato that had to wait in line at our town's record store. One of his acquired gems is the Black Label Society Live record and I might head over there later this afternoon to take it in in!
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92160
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Beef Supreme »

Angry Waters wrote: ↑Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:07 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:51 am Today’s haul:


“Live Seeds” by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds on double red vinyl with an etching on side 4.

“Portals” by Kirk Hammet on ocean blue vinyl. An instrumental EP. Very not-metal. Sounds like a soundtrack to a speghetti western.

“Brilliant Adventure” by David Bowie. An EP of alternate mixes and unreleased stuff from his 90s era.

“Poison” by Bell Biv Devoe on cherry red vinyl. Don’t tell me not to like this. Don’t you dare.
Number 4... I won't say a word. Promise.

Had a buddy down here in 'Kato that had to wait in line at our town's record store. One of his acquired gems is the Black Label Society Live record and I might head over there later this afternoon to take it in in!
So far, I've just listened to the Hammett record, because that's really the only 100% new thing I got. I like it. It's only 4 songs, but they're pretty good. There's some intermittent heaviness sprinkled in, but if you didn't know you probably wouldn't have guessed it's a Metallica project. It's not the kind of thing that will figure into heavy rotation or anything, but it's cool.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
Angry Waters
Posts: 2189
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:21 am

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Angry Waters »

Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:38 pm
Angry Waters wrote: ↑Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:07 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:51 am Today’s haul:


“Live Seeds” by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds on double red vinyl with an etching on side 4.

“Portals” by Kirk Hammet on ocean blue vinyl. An instrumental EP. Very not-metal. Sounds like a soundtrack to a speghetti western.

“Brilliant Adventure” by David Bowie. An EP of alternate mixes and unreleased stuff from his 90s era.

“Poison” by Bell Biv Devoe on cherry red vinyl. Don’t tell me not to like this. Don’t you dare.
Number 4... I won't say a word. Promise.

Had a buddy down here in 'Kato that had to wait in line at our town's record store. One of his acquired gems is the Black Label Society Live record and I might head over there later this afternoon to take it in in!
So far, I've just listened to the Hammett record, because that's really the only 100% new thing I got. I like it. It's only 4 songs, but they're pretty good. There's some intermittent heaviness sprinkled in, but if you didn't know you probably wouldn't have guessed it's a Metallica project. It's not the kind of thing that will figure into heavy rotation or anything, but it's cool.
Did you get to the Bowie album? That's still a catalog I've yet to dive into. One of these years...

That's the damn problem with music--I can only listen to one thing at a time! Plus, I've been seriously ruined by satellite radio now that I joined the 21st century a couple of years ago and that often means NFL chatter, comedy, etc... And I'm such a 'meat & potatoes' guy anyways when it comes to my discs, so it doesn't leave a lot of room for artists on the periphery, like Bowie.
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92160
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Beef Supreme »

Angry Waters wrote: ↑Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:29 am
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:38 pm
Angry Waters wrote: ↑Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:07 pm
Number 4... I won't say a word. Promise.

Had a buddy down here in 'Kato that had to wait in line at our town's record store. One of his acquired gems is the Black Label Society Live record and I might head over there later this afternoon to take it in in!
So far, I've just listened to the Hammett record, because that's really the only 100% new thing I got. I like it. It's only 4 songs, but they're pretty good. There's some intermittent heaviness sprinkled in, but if you didn't know you probably wouldn't have guessed it's a Metallica project. It's not the kind of thing that will figure into heavy rotation or anything, but it's cool.
Did you get to the Bowie album? That's still a catalog I've yet to dive into. One of these years...

That's the damn problem with music--I can only listen to one thing at a time! Plus, I've been seriously ruined by satellite radio now that I joined the 21st century a couple of years ago and that often means NFL chatter, comedy, etc... And I'm such a 'meat & potatoes' guy anyways when it comes to my discs, so it doesn't leave a lot of room for artists on the periphery, like Bowie.
Just got to the Bowie thing (damn kids really cut into my vinyl time!). It's only a 4 song EP, but I dig it.

Side A features two tracks that are remixes of some of his 90s stuff, "I'm Afraid of Americans" and "I Have Not Been To Oxford Town." Both are good. But they're just remixes. I'm a huge fan of the originals, so there's good source material here. It's a bit of a nostalgia thing for the 90s era of mixing and remixing everything a million times. Cool songs, but not essential. Probably not as good as the originals, but fun to hear. No new Bowie stuff on it, though. Just the vocal performance I'm already familiar with mixed differently; looped, repeated, cut up, etc. So if you're a Bowie fan, especially a fan of his 90s era stuff (like I am), you'll really like it. If you're trying to get into Bowie, I probably wouldn't start here.

Side B is a couple live performances. First up is "A Small Plot of Land" from the "Outside" album. It's not my favorite song on that album, but this performance is cool. It's just Bowie and a piano. Kind of neat to hear the song in that context, since "Outside" is such a musically dense album.

Then it closes with "My Death." A haunting melancholy number that is probably the gem of the record. This isn't really a David Bowie song. It was written by a Belgian songwriter named Jacques Brel, though it's likely that Bowie became aware of it via Scott Walker's cover of the song in 1967. Bowie has covered it numerous times in his career, most notably on the "Ziggy Stardust: The Motion Picture" soundtrack. But this is a stripped down piano ballad version. You really can hear the richness of Bowie's lower register on this one. In addition to his songwriting and artistry, I think he had one of the great voices of rock n roll. I'm a huge fan, obviously.


I like this EP, even though it's only 4 songs. If you're a Bowie fan, you'll appreciate it. But this isn't the record I'd give to the uninitiated to try to introduce them to Bowie.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92160
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Beef Supreme »

“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92160
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Beef Supreme »

“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
Angry Waters
Posts: 2189
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:21 am

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Angry Waters »

Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:39 pm Tomorrow!!!

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases
Anything particular on your radar?
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92160
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Beef Supreme »

Angry Waters wrote: ↑Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:59 am
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:39 pm Tomorrow!!!

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases
Anything particular on your radar?
The Sword “Gods of the Earth” for sure. Maybe the Macho Man Record as a gag. Joan Jett. Maybe Jason Isbell and Amanda Sirles. We’ll see what they have.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
Angry Waters
Posts: 2189
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:21 am

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Angry Waters »

Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:29 am
Angry Waters wrote: ↑Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:59 am
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:39 pm Tomorrow!!!

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases
Anything particular on your radar?
The Sword “Gods of the Earth” for sure. Maybe the Macho Man Record as a gag. Joan Jett. Maybe Jason Isbell and Amanda Sirles. We’ll see what they have.
Sad to hear The Sword has called it a day. Good solid metal band. No idea what the Macho Man record is about. I've never heard of Amanda Sirles. I couldn't name a Jason Isbell song if my life depended on it. But, I've got a couple of music buddies who are very high on him. Why I haven't given him a spin on Youtube is puzzling.
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92160
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Beef Supreme »

Angry Waters wrote: ↑Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:02 am
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:29 am
Angry Waters wrote: ↑Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:59 am
Anything particular on your radar?
The Sword “Gods of the Earth” for sure. Maybe the Macho Man Record as a gag. Joan Jett. Maybe Jason Isbell and Amanda Sirles. We’ll see what they have.
Sad to hear The Sword has called it a day. Good solid metal band. No idea what the Macho Man record is about. I've never heard of Amanda Sirles. I couldn't name a Jason Isbell song if my life depended on it. But, I've got a couple of music buddies who are very high on him. Why I haven't given him a spin on Youtube is puzzling.
The Sword did break up. Good run.

Macho Man put out a hip hop album in the early 2000s, apparently. It includes a dis track aimed at Hulk Hogan. How can you not want that?
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
Angry Waters
Posts: 2189
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:21 am

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Angry Waters »

Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:13 am
Angry Waters wrote: ↑Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:02 am
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:29 am

The Sword “Gods of the Earth” for sure. Maybe the Macho Man Record as a gag. Joan Jett. Maybe Jason Isbell and Amanda Sirles. We’ll see what they have.
Sad to hear The Sword has called it a day. Good solid metal band. No idea what the Macho Man record is about. I've never heard of Amanda Sirles. I couldn't name a Jason Isbell song if my life depended on it. But, I've got a couple of music buddies who are very high on him. Why I haven't given him a spin on Youtube is puzzling.
The Sword did break up. Good run.

Macho Man put out a hip hop album in the early 2000s, apparently. It includes a dis track aimed at Hulk Hogan. How can you not want that?
Makes me wanna snap into a Slim Jim!

Do report back later on your conquests. Good luck!
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92160
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Beef Supreme »

Angry Waters wrote: ↑Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:15 am
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:13 am
Angry Waters wrote: ↑Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:02 am
Sad to hear The Sword has called it a day. Good solid metal band. No idea what the Macho Man record is about. I've never heard of Amanda Sirles. I couldn't name a Jason Isbell song if my life depended on it. But, I've got a couple of music buddies who are very high on him. Why I haven't given him a spin on Youtube is puzzling.
The Sword did break up. Good run.

Macho Man put out a hip hop album in the early 2000s, apparently. It includes a dis track aimed at Hulk Hogan. How can you not want that?
Makes me wanna snap into a Slim Jim!

Do report back later on your conquests. Good luck!
Got the Sword record I wanted. Got the Joan Jett. They didn’t have the Jason Isbell and Amanda Sirles thing. They did have Macho Man, but it was $40, so I passed. I figured it would be $25 or so.


My buddy got a double live Billy Joel record and a Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros record. He also picked up a Shadows Fall record, but I suspect he’s going to sell it on Discogs or eBay. I don’t like that sort of flipping, so he’s probably not telling me!



Funny thing is, we got there over an hour before they opened. We were like 20th in line or so. The first few people go through and then the seller guy announces that all the Taylor Swift records are gone. About half the people just left!
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
DMB
Posts: 3761
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:11 pm

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by DMB »

Good stuff Beef-very interesting.
Semper Fi
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92160
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Record store day!!!

Post by Beef Supreme »

The Sword record has been remastered and sounds a lot better. I'm not a production snob, so I liked it before, but man is this version better. The instruments are clear and really pop. The older version gets a little muddy and suffers in places from having the cymbals too high in the mix. This one's a lot better!
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
Post Reply