Page 1 of 2
Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:04 pm
by Cobey
This thread will be your daily dose of motivation, inspiration and a general kick in the ass to inspire you to go out there and get some shit done.
Things that this material will not be:
a copy/paste job
pictures of mountains and shit
a collection of youtube videos
No. This thread will be 100% original material from Cobey. It will be a work-in-progress and may evolve over time, but the content will always be original. This much I promise you, Froobs.
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:08 pm
by YBBR
This is exactly the kind of dedication needed for ultimate motivation.
I salute you, sir!
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:17 pm
by Slim Shady
Colbey
I'll be installing a new toilet in the next day or two
any words of advise?
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:46 pm
by Cobey
9/25/2017
Mondays. Everyone dislikes them. Garfield disliked them and he was just a fat-ass cat who ate lasagna.
We're coming off a warm weekend. Maybe you went up north one last time this weekend, maybe you mowed the lawn and watched football, maybe you're nursing a hangover today. But today is the day we return to the daily and weekly grind. You are staring down the barrel of 40+ hours of work and your kids have their various activities going on and you need to figure out your schedule. The daily grind of the work week is monotonous, tedious and can seem incredibly daunting.
Routines, gentleman (and maybe ladies, but probably not), are holding you back.
Routines make you lazy
Routines make you complacent
Routines make you soft
Routines make you comfortable
Being comfortable makes you stagnant
So how do we break up our routines? With our many obligations that we have, this can be a difficult thing to do, but I am here to tell you that it is incredibly necessary, every once in a while for your mental health. So how do we do this?
That project around the house that you have been putting off? Get to Home Depot tonight and start tackling it. Tonight.
That hobby you have been thinking of taking up? Start researching the hobby, buy the basics and give it a shot.
Notice that you have been getting out of shape lately? Go for a run after work or sign up for a gym membership
Unhappy with how you look naked? Go lift some heavy shit and get into a weightlifting routine
Find a way to make yourself uncomfortable. How many things have you learned while you were comfortable? Probably not too many. You learn from the struggle. Were you comfortable the first time you drove the car around the block with your old man grasping the imaginary steering wheel and barking at you to stop? I know I wasn't, but guess what? I learned how to drive through practice. We learn by making mistakes. Don't be afraid to fuck up every once in a while. It's how you become a better man.
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:47 pm
by Cobey
Slim Shady wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:17 pm
Colbey
I'll be installing a new toilet in the next day or two
any words of advise?
This is for motivation. If you are in need of expert advice, I would suggest going to the "ask an expert" thread.
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:48 pm
by Slim Shady
Cobey wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:46 pm
9/25/2017
Mondays. Everyone dislikes them. Garfield disliked them and he was just a fat-ass cat who ate lasagna.
We're coming off a warm weekend. Maybe you went up north one last time this weekend, maybe you mowed the lawn and watched football, maybe you're nursing a hangover today. But today is the day we return to the daily and weekly grind. You are staring down the barrel of 40+ hours of work and your kids have their various activities going on and you need to figure out your schedule. The daily grind of the work week is monotonous, tedious and can seem incredibly daunting.
Routines, gentleman (and maybe ladies, but probably not), are holding you back.
Routines make you lazy
Routines make you complacent
Routines make you soft
Routines make you comfortable
Being comfortable makes you stagnant
So how do we break up our routines? With our many obligations that we have, this can be a difficult thing to do, but I am here to tell you that it is incredibly necessary, every once in a while for your mental health. So how do we do this?
That project around the house that you have been putting off? Get to Home Depot tonight and start tackling it. Tonight.
That hobby you have been thinking of taking up? Start researching the hobby, buy the basics and give it a shot.
Notice that you have been getting out of shape lately? Go for a run after work or sign up for a gym membership
Unhappy with how you look naked? Go lift some heavy shit and get into a weightlifting routine
Find a way to make yourself uncomfortable. How many things have you learned while you were comfortable? Probably not too many. You learn from the struggle. Were you comfortable the first time you drove the car around the block with your old man grasping the imaginary steering wheel and barking at you to stop? I know I wasn't, but guess what? I learned how to drive through practice. We learn by making mistakes. Don't be afraid to fuck up every once in a while. It's how you become a better man.
the fuq?
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:49 pm
by Slim Shady
Cobey wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:47 pm
Slim Shady wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:17 pm
Colbey
I'll be installing a new toilet in the next day or two
any words of advise?
This is for motivation. If you are in need of expert advice, I would suggest going to the "ask an expert" thread.
well I'm not feeling overly motivated to get the job done so....
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:51 pm
by Cobey
Slim Shady wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:48 pm
Cobey wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:46 pm
9/25/2017
Mondays. Everyone dislikes them. Garfield disliked them and he was just a fat-ass cat who ate lasagna.
We're coming off a warm weekend. Maybe you went up north one last time this weekend, maybe you mowed the lawn and watched football, maybe you're nursing a hangover today. But today is the day we return to the daily and weekly grind. You are staring down the barrel of 40+ hours of work and your kids have their various activities going on and you need to figure out your schedule. The daily grind of the work week is monotonous, tedious and can seem incredibly daunting.
Routines, gentleman (and maybe ladies, but probably not), are holding you back.
Routines make you lazy
Routines make you complacent
Routines make you soft
Routines make you comfortable
Being comfortable makes you stagnant
So how do we break up our routines? With our many obligations that we have, this can be a difficult thing to do, but I am here to tell you that it is incredibly necessary, every once in a while for your mental health. So how do we do this?
That project around the house that you have been putting off? Get to Home Depot tonight and start tackling it. Tonight.
That hobby you have been thinking of taking up? Start researching the hobby, buy the basics and give it a shot.
Notice that you have been getting out of shape lately? Go for a run after work or sign up for a gym membership
Unhappy with how you look naked? Go lift some heavy shit and get into a weightlifting routine
Find a way to make yourself uncomfortable. How many things have you learned while you were comfortable? Probably not too many. You learn from the struggle. Were you comfortable the first time you drove the car around the block with your old man grasping the imaginary steering wheel and barking at you to stop? I know I wasn't, but guess what? I learned how to drive through practice. We learn by making mistakes. Don't be afraid to fuck up every once in a while. It's how you become a better man.
the fuq?
That hit too close to home or something?
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:52 pm
by Slim Shady
Cobey wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:51 pm
That hit too close to home or something?
made me uncomfortable is what it did
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:11 pm
by Ask Not
So I should not do my superset routines at Curves tonight?
That whatcher sayin?
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:18 pm
by Cobey
Ask Not wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:11 pm
So I should not do my superset routines at Curves tonight?
That whatcher sayin?
Does it make you uncomfortable to do that?
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:22 pm
by feekdogg
You can try to tell me to go to Home Depot, but I'm a Menards guy, so you can fuck right off.
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:32 pm
by Cobey
feekdogg wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:22 pm
You can try to tell me to go to Home Depot, but I'm a Menards guy, so you can fuck right off.
All the more reason to go to Home Depot. You need to break your routines
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:34 pm
by feekdogg
Cobey wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:32 pm
feekdogg wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:22 pm
You can try to tell me to go to Home Depot, but I'm a Menards guy, so you can fuck right off.
All the more reason to go to Home Depot. You need to break your routines
If I go to Home Depot instead of Menards, where am I supposed to buy my V8 juice and Dinty Moore beef stew, smart guy?
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:53 pm
by Mandatory
I really would have preferred copy/paste quotes and mountains and shit.
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:00 pm
by Cobey
Mandatory wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:53 pm
I really would have preferred copy/paste quotes and mountains and shit.
Good. That means it's working
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:20 am
by Oh Canada
Mandatory wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:53 pm
I really would have preferred copy/paste quotes and mountains and shit.
This.
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:28 am
by Cobey
9/26/2017
Good morning everyone. It's time to get after it.
Alright motherfuckers. No more pussy-footing around. No more soft talk. This motivational entry is not going to leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy. But frankly, warm and fuzzy feelings are for pussies. And we have too many pussies among us as it is. It's time for some tough talk.
Maybe you feel a bit unappreciated at home. Maybe you feel like you deserve a raise or a promotion. Maybe you feel burned out and need to take a break from things for a week.
But here's the thing bros...nobody gives a fuck about how you feel. Do you think your wife or your kids give a fuck about the work you're doing to put food on the table? They don't. All they care about is that the food is there. Do you think your company gives a fuck that you're underpaid? All they care about is that you are doing your work. These people may fake empathy when you raise your concerns, but that is only to keep you there to continue providing the benefit to them. Deep down, everyone is motivated by selfish desires to some degree. Even the seemingly selfless people who seem to put everyone ahead of themselves is doing so for selfish reasons. I know this, because I was one of these people for a very long time. Most of my life, in fact. Mother Theresa and Gandhi were people that seemed to have a truly selfless nature to them, but in both of these cases, they certainly gained some selfish satisfaction in the sacrifice. Selfishness is not a bad thing.
Selfishness allows you to stand up for your beliefs and ethics
Selfishness allows you to tell your boss that you think you deserve a raise or promotion
Selfishness allows you to tell your wife when she's being a ****
Selfishness allows you to tell your kids to give you 20 minutes to unwind after work before dealing with their bullshit
Again, I will say, nobody gives a fuck about you.
The guy who you had the job interview with: he doesn't give a fuck about you, he's only looking for a qualified person who will be a positive contribution for his team, allowing his team to beat budgetary forecasts, which gives him a positive outlook to upper management.
The guy trying to merge onto the freeway in front of you: He doesn't give a fuck about you. He's only looking to get home safely and efficiently.
I don't give a fuck about you. I am here only for my own entertainment, because I am bored at work and looking to kill some time. I started this thread more for my own benefit than yours. Any benefit others may garner from this is ancillary.
Nobody gives a fuck about you and your struggle...and that's okay. Because you give a fuck about you and that's enough. It's a tough world out there, look out for yourself. No one is going to hand it to you (I will cover this in tomorrow's edition).
Now go out there and get after it, motherfuckers.
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:34 am
by Cobey
Oh Canada wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:20 am
Mandatory wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:53 pm
I really would have preferred copy/paste quotes and mountains and shit.
This.
Good. That means it's working
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:50 am
by cmd24
Cobey wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:28 am
9/26/2017
Good morning everyone. It's time to get after it.
Alright motherfuckers. No more pussy-footing around. No more soft talk. This motivational entry is not going to leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy. But frankly, warm and fuzzy feelings are for pussies. And we have too many pussies among us as it is. It's time for some tough talk.
Maybe you feel a bit unappreciated at home. Maybe you feel like you deserve a raise or a promotion. Maybe you feel burned out and need to take a break from things for a week.
But here's the thing bros...nobody gives a fuck about how you feel. Do you think your wife or your kids give a fuck about the work you're doing to put food on the table? They don't. All they care about is that the food is there. Do you think your company gives a fuck that you're underpaid? All they care about is that you are doing your work. These people may fake empathy when you raise your concerns, but that is only to keep you there to continue providing the benefit to them. Deep down, everyone is motivated by selfish desires to some degree. Even the seemingly selfless people who seem to put everyone ahead of themselves is doing so for selfish reasons. I know this, because I was one of these people for a very long time. Most of my life, in fact. Mother Theresa and Gandhi were people that seemed to have a truly selfless nature to them, but in both of these cases, they certainly gained some selfish satisfaction in the sacrifice. Selfishness is not a bad thing.
Selfishness allows you to stand up for your beliefs and ethics
Selfishness allows you to tell your boss that you think you deserve a raise or promotion
Selfishness allows you to tell your wife when she's being a ****
Selfishness allows you to tell your kids to give you 20 minutes to unwind after work before dealing with their bullshit
Again, I will say, nobody gives a fuck about you.
The guy who you had the job interview with: he doesn't give a fuck about you, he's only looking for a qualified person who will be a positive contribution for his team, allowing his team to beat budgetary forecasts, which gives him a positive outlook to upper management.
The guy trying to merge onto the freeway in front of you: He doesn't give a fuck about you. He's only looking to get home safely and efficiently.
I don't give a fuck about you. I am here only for my own entertainment, because I am bored at work and looking to kill some time. I started this thread more for my own benefit than yours. Any benefit others may garner from this is ancillary.
Nobody gives a fuck about you and your struggle...and that's okay. Because you give a fuck about you and that's enough. It's a tough world out there, look out for yourself. No one is going to hand it to you (I will cover this in tomorrow's edition).
Now go out there and get after it, motherfuckers.
I don't have the motivation to read all this.
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:10 am
by Slim Shady
cmd24 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:50 am
I don't have the motivation to read all this.
I started butt then bailed... I'm a busy guy
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:21 am
by Oh Canada
This thread needs this...

Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:37 am
by Cobey
cmd24 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:50 am
Cobey wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:28 am
9/26/2017
Good morning everyone. It's time to get after it.
Alright motherfuckers. No more pussy-footing around. No more soft talk. This motivational entry is not going to leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy. But frankly, warm and fuzzy feelings are for pussies. And we have too many pussies among us as it is. It's time for some tough talk.
Maybe you feel a bit unappreciated at home. Maybe you feel like you deserve a raise or a promotion. Maybe you feel burned out and need to take a break from things for a week.
But here's the thing bros...nobody gives a fuck about how you feel. Do you think your wife or your kids give a fuck about the work you're doing to put food on the table? They don't. All they care about is that the food is there. Do you think your company gives a fuck that you're underpaid? All they care about is that you are doing your work. These people may fake empathy when you raise your concerns, but that is only to keep you there to continue providing the benefit to them. Deep down, everyone is motivated by selfish desires to some degree. Even the seemingly selfless people who seem to put everyone ahead of themselves is doing so for selfish reasons. I know this, because I was one of these people for a very long time. Most of my life, in fact. Mother Theresa and Gandhi were people that seemed to have a truly selfless nature to them, but in both of these cases, they certainly gained some selfish satisfaction in the sacrifice. Selfishness is not a bad thing.
Selfishness allows you to stand up for your beliefs and ethics
Selfishness allows you to tell your boss that you think you deserve a raise or promotion
Selfishness allows you to tell your wife when she's being a ****
Selfishness allows you to tell your kids to give you 20 minutes to unwind after work before dealing with their bullshit
Again, I will say, nobody gives a fuck about you.
The guy who you had the job interview with: he doesn't give a fuck about you, he's only looking for a qualified person who will be a positive contribution for his team, allowing his team to beat budgetary forecasts, which gives him a positive outlook to upper management.
The guy trying to merge onto the freeway in front of you: He doesn't give a fuck about you. He's only looking to get home safely and efficiently.
I don't give a fuck about you. I am here only for my own entertainment, because I am bored at work and looking to kill some time. I started this thread more for my own benefit than yours. Any benefit others may garner from this is ancillary.
Nobody gives a fuck about you and your struggle...and that's okay. Because you give a fuck about you and that's enough. It's a tough world out there, look out for yourself. No one is going to hand it to you (I will cover this in tomorrow's edition).
Now go out there and get after it, motherfuckers.
I don't have the motivation to read all this.
I don't give a fuck
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:37 am
by Cobey
Slim Shady wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:10 am
cmd24 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:50 am
I don't have the motivation to read all this.
I started butt then bailed... I'm a busy guy
I don't give a fuck.
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:38 am
by Cobey
Oh Canada wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:21 am
This thread needs this...
I don't give a fuck.
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:47 am
by Oh Canada
Cobey wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:38 am
Oh Canada wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:21 am
This thread needs this...
I don't give a fuck.
Awe, sweetheart, I don't give a fuck either.

Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:49 am
by Sellingguy
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:51 am
by Cobey
Oh Canada wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:47 am
Cobey wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:38 am
Oh Canada wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:21 am
This thread needs this...
I don't give a fuck.
Awe, sweetheart, I don't give a fuck either.
Good. Glad to hear that you took something away from this.
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:52 am
by Cobey
TrueBlue wrote: ↑Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:49 am
I read it all. Feeling less motivated than before.
That's your own fault. And I don't give a fuck.
Re: Cobey's daily (or however often I feel like updating) motivation thread
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:56 am
by Ask Not