Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Witcher 4

Video game themed message board
Post Reply
User avatar
LordNu
Posts: 11090
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:15 am

Witcher 4

Post by LordNu »

Right, so after CD ProjectRed said it wouldn't be on the books after Witcher 3 happened, it is now official.

Will likely be a while away though, but I suspect a number of us here will be hype.
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Witcher 4

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: ↑Wed Oct 30, 2024 10:37 pm Right, so after CD ProjectRed said it wouldn't be on the books after Witcher 3 happened, it is now official.

Will likely be a while away though, but I suspect a number of us here will be hype.
Hopefully, it's good. I can't imagine this coming out sooner than 2027 or 2028 at the earliest. We don't know when they started in earnest though. I did think they announced in passing Ciri will be the main character.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
LordNu
Posts: 11090
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:15 am

Re: Witcher 4

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: ↑Thu Oct 31, 2024 9:21 pm
LordNu wrote: ↑Wed Oct 30, 2024 10:37 pm Right, so after CD ProjectRed said it wouldn't be on the books after Witcher 3 happened, it is now official.

Will likely be a while away though, but I suspect a number of us here will be hype.
Hopefully, it's good. I can't imagine this coming out sooner than 2027 or 2028 at the earliest. We don't know when they started in earnest though. I did think they announced in passing Ciri will be the main character.
Yeah but now speculation is it will be Geralt again... The voice actor has been doing a lot of work.
User avatar
Unbiased Observer
Posts: 14060
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:31 pm

Re: Witcher 4

Post by Unbiased Observer »

Awesome. Hopefully it has a little bit smoother combat. I preferred the combat of Elden Ring over Witcher 3.
After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Witcher 4

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: ↑Thu Oct 31, 2024 10:02 pm
YBBR wrote: ↑Thu Oct 31, 2024 9:21 pm
LordNu wrote: ↑Wed Oct 30, 2024 10:37 pm Right, so after CD ProjectRed said it wouldn't be on the books after Witcher 3 happened, it is now official.

Will likely be a while away though, but I suspect a number of us here will be hype.
Hopefully, it's good. I can't imagine this coming out sooner than 2027 or 2028 at the earliest. We don't know when they started in earnest though. I did think they announced in passing Ciri will be the main character.
Yeah but now speculation is it will be Geralt again... The voice actor has been doing a lot of work.
I could also see a scenario where you play one or the other during different parts of the game. That might be the most likely. People do like Geralt, so they might not completely go away from him as a playable character.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
LordNu
Posts: 11090
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:15 am

Re: Witcher 4

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: ↑Fri Nov 01, 2024 7:10 pm
LordNu wrote: ↑Thu Oct 31, 2024 10:02 pm
YBBR wrote: ↑Thu Oct 31, 2024 9:21 pm

Hopefully, it's good. I can't imagine this coming out sooner than 2027 or 2028 at the earliest. We don't know when they started in earnest though. I did think they announced in passing Ciri will be the main character.
Yeah but now speculation is it will be Geralt again... The voice actor has been doing a lot of work.
I could also see a scenario where you play one or the other during different parts of the game. That might be the most likely. People do like Geralt, so they might not completely go away from him as a playable character.
User avatar
jffl_commish
Posts: 28414
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am

Re: Witcher 4

Post by jffl_commish »

I'm ready for some more Gwent!
Let's get Tropical
User avatar
salamander
Posts: 24873
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:39 pm

Re: Witcher 4

Post by salamander »

jffl_commish wrote: ↑Sat Nov 02, 2024 6:37 pm I'm ready for some more Gwent!
:naners: :naners: :naners: :naners: :naners: :naners: :naners: :naners: :naners: :naners:
Mammoth De-extinction Project & the successful De-extinction of Dire wolves
https://colossal.com/
Spoiler:
Ben Lamm on his De-extinction project (Interviewed by Joe Rogan)

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Witcher 4

Post by YBBR »

Oh yeah. A cinematic trailer for this dropped yesterday at the game awards. It was pretty damn cool. Still this game has to be at least i don't know, 3 years or more away?
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Witcher 4

Post by YBBR »

"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Post Reply