the guy needs his own thread. supposed to be the hidden gem in the KAT trade and it just ain't happening right now. maybe some chat about him is needed.
Timberwolves' Donte DiVincenzo drops Anthony Edwards truth bomb on Knicks trade
Guard Donte DiVincenzo spoke on how Anthony Edwards helped him through being traded from the Knicks to the Timberwolves.
basically he's pretty much sucked. assists are slightly up, but his shootingis down 10%. we can't have our 2nd most important bench player shoot 30% from 3 when he was 40% last year. he started last year but is only getting a couple less minutes. maybe he needs to start to help game feel I don't know.
boxter432 wrote: ↑Thu Nov 14, 2024 2:55 pm
basically he's pretty much sucked. assists are slightly up, but his shootingis down 10%. we can't have our 2nd most important bench player shoot 30% from 3 when he was 40% last year. he started last year but is only getting a couple less minutes. maybe he needs to start to help game feel I don't know.
i'm concerned that that 40 percent was an outlier. I thought that it was his career average--but pretty sure that's not the case. kind of surprised that finchy didn't give him the start last night.
These past two games against Portland have been crap. He's done some good things in the other games with his defense and passing, spacing, and given some good minutes. I think both Ant and Donte play the same position shooting guard and NAW is best at the SG spot as well. I do wonder if we should simplify his game a bit and try to run him more like we did Beasley a few years ago. Donte did start slow last season, and really took off after New York traded away Grimes and put Donte in the starting lineup.
I think he'll be fine actually. NY didn't want to move him. Fan base was not happy about that aspect of the swap. He made the third most threes in the league last season - and over the past two seasons 433 of 1083 - or just a tidge over 40%. Over 1000 attempts in two seasons is not a small sample size. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that his skill set didn't evaporate over the summer.
All Time Draft 2025
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Thu Nov 14, 2024 4:09 pm
I think he'll be fine actually. NY didn't want to move him. Fan base was not happy about that aspect of the swap. He made the third most threes in the league last season - and over the past two seasons 433 of 1083 - or just a tidge over 40%. Over 1000 attempts in two seasons is not a small sample size. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that his skill set didn't evaporate over the summer.
I'm not a big 'body language' guy BUUUUTTTT....Dude's body language has been saying a lot these last 2 games. Maybe it's frustration with his shots not falling and that will immediately change when he's dialed back in. If it's because he's a NY kid that doesn't like MN nice than he can pound sand.
I’m not giving up on him. He’s good. But I think some may have had too lofty of expectations. So his recent poor play is even more disappointing if you had unrealistic expectations.
Good second unit guy.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”
Besides his shooting he's had some good games. He's needs to find his shot and use his body more to try and create separation when going for a layup so he can score in the paint. Way too often he kicks it out and lately it's been resulting in TOs.
He's a much better passer than I thought. Not just passing, he has really good court vision and has good feel for the game.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
20-25 games before this new roster settles in. I'm standing by that. Yes, a horrible record over the stretch hurts playoff situation alot. Dante just doesnt look comfortable yet to me. A couple games where he has looked good, he had daggers right on the moment when they needed them... so the cold blooded thing is evident.
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am
I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Fri Nov 22, 2024 11:03 am
34.8, 32.4, 78.6
Not what I expected from him.
Hopefully just a slow start and not what typically happens to 3pt shooters when they come here. We see it every year with some players having slow starts. Haliburton is a career 47.2% and 38.6% from 3 and is shooting 37.5% and 28.4% from 3 on 7.7 attempts. Tyrese Maxey is a career 46.5% and 38.9% from 3, while shooting 39.3% and 26.5% from 3 on 10.4 attempts per game. Hell Conley is a career 43.9%, 38.6% 3pt shooter shooting 31.9% and 33.8% from 3. Doncic shooting just 32.4% from 3 on 9.9 attempts.
minnemike wrote: ↑Fri Nov 22, 2024 11:07 am
He had a crucial wide open miss last night which looked like it sealed the game up. He needs to hit those.
wolves had to absolutely have that one. would've made it a one possession game. not clutch.
That and the Jaden missed dunk hurt.
he makes that and they have another chance of stealing a game where the other team had a 90 percent plus win rate. that said, they have to stop getting in those situations. there's a reason why the success rate is that high. shots don't always fall.
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Fri Nov 22, 2024 11:03 am
34.8, 32.4, 78.6
Not what I expected from him.
I still think he turns this around, but his shitty shooting is costing us games right now.
Agreed.
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am
I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Thu Nov 14, 2024 4:09 pm
I think he'll be fine actually. NY didn't want to move him. Fan base was not happy about that aspect of the swap. He made the third most threes in the league last season - and over the past two seasons 433 of 1083 - or just a tidge over 40%. Over 1000 attempts in two seasons is not a small sample size. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that his skill set didn't evaporate over the summer.
I'm not a big 'body language' guy BUUUUTTTT....Dude's body language has been saying a lot these last 2 games. Maybe it's frustration with his shots not falling and that will immediately change when he's dialed back in. If it's because he's a NY kid that doesn't like MN nice than he can pound sand.
i read where he's miffed about how he's being used and he's upset about the trade. could be just twitter chatter, can't vouch.
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Thu Nov 14, 2024 4:09 pm
I think he'll be fine actually. NY didn't want to move him. Fan base was not happy about that aspect of the swap. He made the third most threes in the league last season - and over the past two seasons 433 of 1083 - or just a tidge over 40%. Over 1000 attempts in two seasons is not a small sample size. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that his skill set didn't evaporate over the summer.
I'm not a big 'body language' guy BUUUUTTTT....Dude's body language has been saying a lot these last 2 games. Maybe it's frustration with his shots not falling and that will immediately change when he's dialed back in. If it's because he's a NY kid that doesn't like MN nice than he can pound sand.
i read where he's miffed about how he's being used and he's upset about the trade. could be just twitter chatter, can't vouch.
I think this team isn’t nearly as happy with their place, both on the team and within the team, as last year’s squad.
That stuff is important. This assemblage of talent is currently working for themselves. Last year’s team made sacrifice each other.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”
Divincenzo is another guy that needs to play with a true point guard to really be at his best. It's no coincidence he had his best season with Brunson.
16:30 mark. "one of the five best shooters in the league last year. he made like the third most threes in the NBA last season." (the first part of this postcast is all about rob dillingham too.)
donte is 39% from deep in the last seven games. that includes two stinkers in a row where he was 1-10. i think he's coming around and it will help us a LOT.
All Time Draft 2025
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.