Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
SAVE AMERICA ACT
Moderator: Steven Seagal
- Butch Bradford
- Posts: 25995
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:03 pm
- Location: The Golden Age of America
SAVE AMERICA ACT
Majority of countries around the world require voter ID, why not the United States of America?
Last edited by Butch Bradford on Thu Jul 23, 2026 7:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My shit don’t stink.
Spoiler:
- Bull
- Posts: 30866
- Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:14 am
- Butch Bradford
- Posts: 25995
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:03 pm
- Location: The Golden Age of America
- Night Train
- ***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***
- Posts: 40668
- Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:56 pm
- Location: Corner of 14th and Oak
Re: Voter ID
Only reason to be against it is to facilitate cheating.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - EcclesiastICS 10:2
Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
- Butch Bradford
- Posts: 25995
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:03 pm
- Location: The Golden Age of America
Re: Voter ID
Nailed it.Night Train wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:28 am Only reason to be against it is to facilitate cheating.
My shit don’t stink.
Spoiler:
-
Sellingguy
- ***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***
- Posts: 59240
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm
Re: Voter ID
Butch, do you think someone can walk into a voting location and just cast their vote?
- Butch Bradford
- Posts: 25995
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:03 pm
- Location: The Golden Age of America
Re: Voter ID
Are you for or against voter ID?Sellingguy wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:28 amButch, do you think someone can walk into a voting location and just cast their vote?
My shit don’t stink.
Spoiler:
-
tbgh
- Posts: 33994
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:24 pm
Re: Voter ID
Butch Bradford wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:31 amAre you for or against voter ID?Sellingguy wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:28 amButch, do you think someone can walk into a voting location and just cast their vote?
Put 'er in the ole vise.
- Bull
- Posts: 30866
- Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:14 am
Re: Voter ID
You need to provide identification when registering to vote to prove you are eligible.
Why do you hate facts?
- Ask Not
- ***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 51927
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:28 pm
- Location: East Metro or Montgomery Legion
Re: Voter ID
The majority of countries have national healthcare for a much lower cost. Can we have both?
-
Sellingguy
- ***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***
- Posts: 59240
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm
Re: Voter ID
I had to show my ID the last time I voted Butch. I had to also bring a utility bill .Butch Bradford wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:31 amAre you for or against voter ID?Sellingguy wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:28 amButch, do you think someone can walk into a voting location and just cast their vote?
Voter ID is not a big issue here butch.
- Bull
- Posts: 30866
- Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:14 am
Re: Voter ID
How about it's not necessary? It's also not something that the federal government gets to dictate since each state is in charge of how they run their elections.Night Train wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:28 am Only reason to be against it is to facilitate cheating.
So no. Your premise that the only reason to be against it is to facilitate cheating is false.
Have a wonderful rest of your day.
- Unbiased Observer
- Posts: 14060
- Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:31 pm
Re: Voter ID
Yes.
After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
- Butch Bradford
- Posts: 25995
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:03 pm
- Location: The Golden Age of America
Re: Voter ID
Irrelevant since your party made it easy for illegal immigrants to vote....drivers license, social security card, etc., etc., etc.
Now then, answer my question.....
Do you need to produce identification when you cast your vote?
My shit don’t stink.
Spoiler:
- Unbiased Observer
- Posts: 14060
- Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:31 pm
Re: Voter ID
I wouldn't even allow mail-in ballots except for the military.
I'm an old-school in-person voting only with ID guy. Hand-counted paper ballots. Get off my lawn.
I'm an old-school in-person voting only with ID guy. Hand-counted paper ballots. Get off my lawn.
After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
- Butch Bradford
- Posts: 25995
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:03 pm
- Location: The Golden Age of America
Re: Voter ID
You don't have to in Minneapolis.Sellingguy wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:35 amI had to show my ID the last time I voted Butch. I had to also bring a utility bill .Butch Bradford wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:31 amAre you for or against voter ID?Sellingguy wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:28 am
Butch, do you think someone can walk into a voting location and just cast their vote?
Voter ID is not a big issue here butch.
Big issue here, SG.
My shit don’t stink.
Spoiler:
- Butch Bradford
- Posts: 25995
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:03 pm
- Location: The Golden Age of America
Re: Voter ID
You need to produce an ID to buy liquor, why not to vote?Unbiased Observer wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:40 am I wouldn't even allow mail-in ballots except for the military.
I'm an old-school in-person voting only with ID guy. Hand-counted paper ballots. Get off my lawn.
My shit don’t stink.
Spoiler:
- Ask Not
- ***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 51927
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:28 pm
- Location: East Metro or Montgomery Legion
Re: Voter ID
Not true. The voting laws are state laws, not local. Selling had to show those items last time because he was in a new address. He won't need to show an ID this time.Butch Bradford wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:42 amYou don't have to in Minneapolis.Sellingguy wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:35 amI had to show my ID the last time I voted Butch. I had to also bring a utility bill .
Voter ID is not a big issue here butch.
Big issue here, SG.
- cmd24
- ***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***
- Posts: 40112
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:20 am
- Location: Not Lonsdale!
Re: Voter ID
I don't think there's anything wrong with proving who you are or where you live, in order to vote.
I also don't know that there aren't things in place to account for that in voting districts significantly larger than mine.
I also don't know that there aren't things in place to account for that in voting districts significantly larger than mine.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
- Sarge
- Posts: 12569
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:25 am
Re: Voter ID
Yes.
We have to show our ID in grocery stores, why not for voting?
We have to show our ID in grocery stores, why not for voting?
Fortune Tellers Make a Killing Nowadays
- BlackDog
- Posts: 17031
- Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:42 pm
Re: Voter ID
Where’s the I don’t fucking care option, Nigel?
- Butch Bradford
- Posts: 25995
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:03 pm
- Location: The Golden Age of America
Re: Voter ID
Wrong.Ask Not wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:53 amNot true. The voting laws are state laws, not local. Selling had to show those items last time because he was in a new address. He won't need to show an ID this time.Butch Bradford wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:42 amYou don't have to in Minneapolis.Sellingguy wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:35 am
I had to show my ID the last time I voted Butch. I had to also bring a utility bill .
Voter ID is not a big issue here butch.
Big issue here, SG.
I was surprised when all they asked for was my name and address.
My shit don’t stink.
Spoiler:
-
tbgh
- Posts: 33994
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:24 pm
Re: Voter ID
When my wife had als in person voting was impossible for her. What now?Unbiased Observer wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:40 am I wouldn't even allow mail-in ballots except for the military.
I'm an old-school in-person voting only with ID guy. Hand-counted paper ballots. Get off my lawn.
Put 'er in the ole vise.
- Bull
- Posts: 30866
- Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:14 am
Re: Voter ID
Illegal immigrants can't vote because they can't register to vote.Butch Bradford wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:37 amIrrelevant since your party made it easy for illegal immigrants to vote....drivers license, social security card, etc., etc., etc.
Now then, answer my question.....
Do you need to produce identification when you cast your vote?
I live in Colorado and vote by mail. I had to show proof of eligibility (ID) when I registered to vote.
- Bull
- Posts: 30866
- Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:14 am
Re: Voter ID
And then they crossed your name off the list so no one else can come in and vote for you.Butch Bradford wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 10:21 amWrong.Ask Not wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:53 amNot true. The voting laws are state laws, not local. Selling had to show those items last time because he was in a new address. He won't need to show an ID this time.Butch Bradford wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:42 am
You don't have to in Minneapolis.
Big issue here, SG.
I was surprised when all they asked for was my name and address.
-
DuffMan
- Posts: 1744
- Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:17 pm
Re: Voter ID
Because you already registered and presented your id, then they crossed you off their rolls.Butch Bradford wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 10:21 amWrong.Ask Not wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:53 amNot true. The voting laws are state laws, not local. Selling had to show those items last time because he was in a new address. He won't need to show an ID this time.Butch Bradford wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:42 am
You don't have to in Minneapolis.
Big issue here, SG.
I was surprised when all they asked for was my name and address.
This isn't the big gotcha that you're trying to make it.
- Ask Not
- ***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 51927
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:28 pm
- Location: East Metro or Montgomery Legion
Re: Voter ID
They've done that every time I can remember voting after the first time in a new location.Butch Bradford wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 10:21 amWrong.Ask Not wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:53 amNot true. The voting laws are state laws, not local. Selling had to show those items last time because he was in a new address. He won't need to show an ID this time.Butch Bradford wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 9:42 am
You don't have to in Minneapolis.
Big issue here, SG.
I was surprised when all they asked for was my name and address.
- Da Gas Man's Ghost
- Posts: 6622
- Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:09 am
-
tbgh
- Posts: 33994
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:24 pm
Re: Voter ID
I have not moved in twenty five years!!Ask Not wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 11:05 amThey've done that every time I can remember voting after the first time in a new location.Butch Bradford wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 10:21 amWrong.
I was surprised when all they asked for was my name and address.
Put 'er in the ole vise.
- Tmoney
- Posts: 8435
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:14 am
Re: Voter ID
With a secure border. And secure elections. Illegal immigration in check.
I think that would be entirely possible. And welcomed.
Except I would want very limited government involvement.









