Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
Moderator: Sylvester Stallone
- flexbuffchest
- Posts: 27087
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm
Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
No idea what the implications of this are yet.. Just breaking news atm
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
- flexbuffchest
- Posts: 27087
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
Actually looks like Broke Ass Arod is increasing his shares!
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
- somuchyummy
- Posts: 37470
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
Well that didn't take long.
All Time Draft 2025
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
- bubu dubu.
- Posts: 15816
- Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:21 pm
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
100% why Glen was trying to X the deal he agreed on. He had instant remorse knowing he agreed to a far under market value. Lore bought for $1.5 bill amd now just sold for $4.5 bill
- Ask Not
- ***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 51927
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:28 pm
- Location: East Metro or Montgomery Legion
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
Lore tripled his investment in 5 years. Not bad.
- flexbuffchest
- Posts: 27087
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
Good. Glad Turd Taylor got screwedbubu dubu. wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 10:50 am 100% why Glen was trying to X the deal he agreed on. He had instant remorse knowing he agreed to a far under market value. Lore bought for $1.5 bill amd now just sold for $4.5 bill
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
- flexbuffchest
- Posts: 27087
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
In the 15 minutes that I have even heard of this guy, he sounds fine?
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
- bubu dubu.
- Posts: 15816
- Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:21 pm
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
I wasnt sure what to think initially of ARod being a face of ownership, but I've come to like it. He brings an aura to Target Center when hes in attendance.
I dont think Lore gives a fuck if the team is moved or not. He doesnt really have any ties. We will hear and read in the next coming days that Lore was adamant the Wolves dont move when negotiating. That's just PR.
I dont think Lore gives a fuck if the team is moved or not. He doesnt really have any ties. We will hear and read in the next coming days that Lore was adamant the Wolves dont move when negotiating. That's just PR.
- SHAFA
- Posts: 15122
- Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 pm
- Dan33185
- Posts: 4843
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:24 am
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
And either he's a really great actor, or he is completely in to what's going on with this team. He's the first to celebrate with the players, you can tell he loves Ant....seems like he's just having a blast at games.bubu dubu. wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 10:56 am I wasnt sure what to think initially of ARod being a face of ownership, but I've come to like it. He brings an aura to Target Center when hes in attendance.
I dont think Lore gives a fuck if the team is moved or not. He doesnt really have any ties. We will hear and read in the next coming days that Lore was adamant the Wolves dont move when negotiating. That's just PR.
-
aztimberwolves
- Posts: 3475
- Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
Just like it was PR for Taylor to claim the same. This team isn’t going anywhere any time soon regardless who owns it. Seattle and Vegas are off limits so where else makes sense?bubu dubu. wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 10:56 am I wasnt sure what to think initially of ARod being a face of ownership, but I've come to like it. He brings an aura to Target Center when hes in attendance.
I dont think Lore gives a fuck if the team is moved or not. He doesnt really have any ties. We will hear and read in the next coming days that Lore was adamant the Wolves dont move when negotiating. That's just PR.
-
Oriole81
- Posts: 38110
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
That probably does validate what Taylor was trying to say before, that the new owners may be "cash poor" after the purchase, with so much of Lore's net worth still tied up in equity of his new business.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 10:27 am Actually looks like Broke Ass Arod is increasing his shares!
That just wasn't grounds for the deal to be voided.
2025 Froob NBA Draft
Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
-
aztimberwolves
- Posts: 3475
- Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
Exactly. And again what concern is that of Taylor’s anyway? It’s like selling your house to a person and then be “concerned” they can’t make their payments even though the bank is ok lending them money to buy it.Oriole81 wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 11:23 amThat probably does validate what Taylor was trying to say before, that the new owners may be "cash poor" after the purchase, with so much of Lore's net worth still tied up in equity of his new business.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 10:27 am Actually looks like Broke Ass Arod is increasing his shares!
That just wasn't grounds for the deal to be voided.
It was a classic example of buyers remorse and realizing he undersold an asset.
-
Oriole81
- Posts: 38110
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
I think Taylor does have a personal attachment to the team, and did value selecting a buyer that would have the necessary financial means to keep the team progressing forward. Taylor was awful at execution, but I do think he generally cared about the organization.aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 11:39 amExactly. And again what concern is that of Taylor’s anyway? It’s like selling your house to a person and then be “concerned” they can’t make their payments even though the bank is ok lending them money to buy it.Oriole81 wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 11:23 amThat probably does validate what Taylor was trying to say before, that the new owners may be "cash poor" after the purchase, with so much of Lore's net worth still tied up in equity of his new business.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 10:27 am Actually looks like Broke Ass Arod is increasing his shares!
That just wasn't grounds for the deal to be voided.
It was a classic example of buyers remorse and realizing he undersold an asset.
That's not grounds to void a deal though.
2025 Froob NBA Draft
Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
- bubu dubu.
- Posts: 15816
- Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:21 pm
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
Yeah, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. But my opinion is none of the ownership group gives a shit whether they stay or not, but we will be hearing a lot about how selling to someone who is committed to keeping them here was such an important part if negotiations.aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 11:09 amJust like it was PR for Taylor to claim the same. This team isn’t going anywhere any time soon regardless who owns it. Seattle and Vegas are off limits so where else makes sense?bubu dubu. wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 10:56 am I wasnt sure what to think initially of ARod being a face of ownership, but I've come to like it. He brings an aura to Target Center when hes in attendance.
I dont think Lore gives a fuck if the team is moved or not. He doesnt really have any ties. We will hear and read in the next coming days that Lore was adamant the Wolves dont move when negotiating. That's just PR.
And I dont think it was PR for Glen to say the same. That guy does actually have deep ties here and I think does give a shit if they stay.
-
aztimberwolves
- Posts: 3475
- Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
I’ll agree with that. But if he was that concerned, why enter into the agreement to sell in the first place? I’m sure on a billion dollar sale there is some due diligence done to examine financial wherewithal.Oriole81 wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 11:43 amI think Taylor does have a personal attachment to the team, and did value selecting a buyer that would have the necessary financial means to keep the team progressing forward. Taylor was awful at execution, but I do think he generally cared about the organization.aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 11:39 amExactly. And again what concern is that of Taylor’s anyway? It’s like selling your house to a person and then be “concerned” they can’t make their payments even though the bank is ok lending them money to buy it.
It was a classic example of buyers remorse and realizing he undersold an asset.
That's not grounds to void a deal though.
-
aztimberwolves
- Posts: 3475
- Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
It just sounds like a current minority investor increased his shares. So not sure there were tons of “negotiations” going on and how relevant keeping them here was to a current minority owner anyways.bubu dubu. wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 11:45 amYeah, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. But my opinion is none of the ownership group gives a shit whether they stay or not, but we will be hearing a lot about how selling to someone who is committed to keeping them here was such an important part if negotiations.aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 11:09 amJust like it was PR for Taylor to claim the same. This team isn’t going anywhere any time soon regardless who owns it. Seattle and Vegas are off limits so where else makes sense?bubu dubu. wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 10:56 am I wasnt sure what to think initially of ARod being a face of ownership, but I've come to like it. He brings an aura to Target Center when hes in attendance.
I dont think Lore gives a fuck if the team is moved or not. He doesnt really have any ties. We will hear and read in the next coming days that Lore was adamant the Wolves dont move when negotiating. That's just PR.
And I dont think it was PR for Glen to say the same. That guy does actually have deep ties here and I think does give a shit if they stay.
As far as Glen goes, some people trust him which is their right. But I have several friends that have worked in organizations owned by him that will tell you he’s a snake. The amount of times he’s been sued by business partners is staggering. He managed to drive away one of the most loyal and beloved players in history to not want anything to do with him. The list goes on why I don’t trust a word
That guy says. But thank god he’s no longer involved.
-
Oriole81
- Posts: 38110
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
He had to do something with it.aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 11:48 amI’ll agree with that. But if he was that concerned, why enter into the agreement to sell in the first place? I’m sure on a billion dollar sale there is some due diligence done to examine financial wherewithal.Oriole81 wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 11:43 amI think Taylor does have a personal attachment to the team, and did value selecting a buyer that would have the necessary financial means to keep the team progressing forward. Taylor was awful at execution, but I do think he generally cared about the organization.aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 11:39 am
Exactly. And again what concern is that of Taylor’s anyway? It’s like selling your house to a person and then be “concerned” they can’t make their payments even though the bank is ok lending them money to buy it.
It was a classic example of buyers remorse and realizing he undersold an asset.
That's not grounds to void a deal though.
The kids didn't want it, or at least they didn't want it enough to satisfy his preference for having a focused owner/operator being the primary.
It's better for the sake of the team that he did something, vs just dying and letting Becky and the kids reluctantly figure out what to do.
Especially with him already knowing that he's old and is having serious health issues.
2025 Froob NBA Draft
Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
-
aztimberwolves
- Posts: 3475
- Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
Again agree. Glad he sold at least and didn’t leave it to Becky.Oriole81 wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 11:54 amHe had to do something with it.aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 11:48 amI’ll agree with that. But if he was that concerned, why enter into the agreement to sell in the first place? I’m sure on a billion dollar sale there is some due diligence done to examine financial wherewithal.Oriole81 wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 11:43 am
I think Taylor does have a personal attachment to the team, and did value selecting a buyer that would have the necessary financial means to keep the team progressing forward. Taylor was awful at execution, but I do think he generally cared about the organization.
That's not grounds to void a deal though.
The kids didn't want it, or at least they didn't want it enough to satisfy his preference for having a focused owner/operator being the primary.
It's better for the sake of the team that he did something, vs just dying and letting Becky and the kids reluctantly figure out what to do.
Especially with him already knowing that he's old and is having serious health issues.
- flexbuffchest
- Posts: 27087
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
I hope this is satire
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
-
Nightfly
- Posts: 2025
- Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:21 am
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
Twins have a Carl/Eloise Pohlad statue, so I guess anything is possible.
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
When you can make $3 billion dollars for doing basically nothing in almost no time at all. The sports team flipping gambit is the new meta for an appreciating asset that seriously outpaces any other sort of investment currently.
Until that hits a breaking point of sorts these sporting franchises are going to be traded like actual sports cards. If we don't like this guy, don't worry we'll have a new majority owner in 2 years.
Until that hits a breaking point of sorts these sporting franchises are going to be traded like actual sports cards. If we don't like this guy, don't worry we'll have a new majority owner in 2 years.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- witljon
- Posts: 27107
- Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:57 am
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
……as long as they don’t move the team.YBBR wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 4:35 pm When you can make $3 billion dollars for doing basically nothing in almost no time at all. The sports team flipping gambit is the new meta for an appreciating asset that seriously outpaces any other sort of investment currently.
Until that hits a breaking point of sorts these sporting franchises are going to be traded like actual sports cards. If we don't like this guy, don't worry we'll have a new majority owner in 2 years.
Bring ya ass!
- flexbuffchest
- Posts: 27087
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
Ya, I wouldn't blame anyone in this scenario. Bought the Wolves at a 1.5 billion valuation and sold at a 4.5 billion valuation in basically less than a year? 300% roi on hundreds of millions in just a yearYBBR wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 4:35 pm When you can make $3 billion dollars for doing basically nothing in almost no time at all. The sports team flipping gambit is the new meta for an appreciating asset that seriously outpaces any other sort of investment currently.
Until that hits a breaking point of sorts these sporting franchises are going to be traded like actual sports cards. If we don't like this guy, don't worry we'll have a new majority owner in 2 years.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
-
aztimberwolves
- Posts: 3475
- Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
To be fair that purchase price was 5 years ago almost. Bit still, helluva return.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 7:18 pmYa, I wouldn't blame anyone in this scenario. Bought the Wolves at a 1.5 billion valuation and sold at a 4.5 billion valuation in basically less than a year? 300% roi on hundreds of millions in just a yearYBBR wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 4:35 pm When you can make $3 billion dollars for doing basically nothing in almost no time at all. The sports team flipping gambit is the new meta for an appreciating asset that seriously outpaces any other sort of investment currently.
Until that hits a breaking point of sorts these sporting franchises are going to be traded like actual sports cards. If we don't like this guy, don't worry we'll have a new majority owner in 2 years.absurd
-
aztimberwolves
- Posts: 3475
- Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
According to John K, Lore turned down bigger offers to sell to a minor partner that is committed to keeping the the team here. Continuity was important to Lore and he’s still a minority owner.witljon wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 5:57 pm……as long as they don’t move the team.YBBR wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 4:35 pm When you can make $3 billion dollars for doing basically nothing in almost no time at all. The sports team flipping gambit is the new meta for an appreciating asset that seriously outpaces any other sort of investment currently.
Until that hits a breaking point of sorts these sporting franchises are going to be traded like actual sports cards. If we don't like this guy, don't worry we'll have a new majority owner in 2 years.
Besides the only team that is in danger of moving is Memphis to Nashville. There’s really no where to move a team right now that would be a better market than Minnesota.
- somuchyummy
- Posts: 37470
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
All I know is that I bet there were plates of lasagna hitting the walls at the Taylor mansion when that sale price was announced.aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 9:43 pmTo be fair that purchase price was 5 years ago almost. Bit still, helluva return.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 7:18 pmYa, I wouldn't blame anyone in this scenario. Bought the Wolves at a 1.5 billion valuation and sold at a 4.5 billion valuation in basically less than a year? 300% roi on hundreds of millions in just a yearYBBR wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 4:35 pm When you can make $3 billion dollars for doing basically nothing in almost no time at all. The sports team flipping gambit is the new meta for an appreciating asset that seriously outpaces any other sort of investment currently.
Until that hits a breaking point of sorts these sporting franchises are going to be traded like actual sports cards. If we don't like this guy, don't worry we'll have a new majority owner in 2 years.absurd
All Time Draft 2025
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
-
aztimberwolves
- Posts: 3475
- Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
I’m surprised he didn’t have Stad down to Mankato for dinner for Becky’s famous lasagnasomuchyummy wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 11:43 pmAll I know is that I bet there were plates of lasagna hitting the walls at the Taylor mansion when that sale price was announced.aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 9:43 pmTo be fair that purchase price was 5 years ago almost. Bit still, helluva return.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 7:18 pm
Ya, I wouldn't blame anyone in this scenario. Bought the Wolves at a 1.5 billion valuation and sold at a 4.5 billion valuation in basically less than a year? 300% roi on hundreds of millions in just a yearabsurd
- jffl_commish
- Posts: 28414
- Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am
Re: Lore & Broke Ass Arod No Longer Majority Owners
Another round of layoffs coming at the various Taylor Corp company'ssomuchyummy wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 11:43 pmAll I know is that I bet there were plates of lasagna hitting the walls at the Taylor mansion when that sale price was announced.aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 9:43 pmTo be fair that purchase price was 5 years ago almost. Bit still, helluva return.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Fri Aug 21, 2026 7:18 pm
Ya, I wouldn't blame anyone in this scenario. Bought the Wolves at a 1.5 billion valuation and sold at a 4.5 billion valuation in basically less than a year? 300% roi on hundreds of millions in just a yearabsurd
Let's get Tropical





