Jalen Brunson effect and the Wolves head eastweimy froob wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 2:10 pmboxter432 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 1:41 pmlolDan33185 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 12:17 pm https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lame ... s-hornets/
Minnesota Timberwolves: B+
Charlotte Hornets: B
ESPN
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/491 ... ters-teams
Hornets: B-
Wolves.....
D+
bringing losing NAW into the math makes no sense unless you ignore Ayo...
Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
Moderator: Sylvester Stallone
-
populousample
- Posts: 1008
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 9:55 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
Toomuchyummy
- weimy froob
- Posts: 129083
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am
- Catalyst
- ***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***
- Posts: 1022
- Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:07 pm
- Location: Hinckley
- somuchyummy
- Posts: 37470
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
I think the unknown part of this is that Lamelo has brought out the best in other players (Knueppel/Diawara are good examples) - but he's always indisputably been The Man. How's he do with that when he's clearly not. Ant's the one, and this will be new territory for Mr. Ball.
All Time Draft 2025
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
- somuchyummy
- Posts: 37470
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
Best wishes to Naz. I wonder if he knew this was coming - or was shocked by it as the rest of us. He's going to a rising team that loves the three. Should fit in well. For the ups and downs we had with him, there is no dispute that he was one of the best value deals we've had here in like FOREVER. UDFA, baby! So kudos to him for that rise - and for the work he put in to make it happen.
All Time Draft 2025
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
- Lightning
- KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
- Posts: 5611
- Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:33 pm
- Contact:
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
I don’t get this team at all.
"Not great, Bob!"
- Jimi_Thing
- Posts: 24568
- Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:53 pm
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
Naz Reid will go down as one of my favorite Wolves of all-time. He's top 3, easy. He will be beloved in this section of the country until time immemorial.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
The floor and ceiling for this LaMelo move is immense. It could work out and the Timberwolves could be a legitmate perennial challenger for the trophy every year for like 6-8 years. Or LaMelo could completely blow up in our face and either his injury history or lack of professionalism and attitude complete tank the outlook of this team.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- weimy froob
- Posts: 129083
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
open up this guy's feed and he's got a lot of clips. this one shows all that he brings to the court for me. probably his best season too.
-
Oriole81
- Posts: 38110
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
as a soon to be 45 year old who's overall interest in the NBA has seriously been waning anyway, and who doesn't have it in him again to go through another Wolves rebuild...BRING IT ON!YBBR wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 4:51 pm The floor and ceiling for this LaMelo move is immense. It could work out and the Timberwolves could be a legitmate perennial challenger for the trophy every year for like 6-8 years. Or LaMelo could completely blow up in our face and either his injury history or lack of professionalism and attitude complete tank the outlook of this team.
2025 Froob NBA Draft
Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
This guy came into the league as an overweight center and he has handles like this now in the opencourt. Disgusting.weimy froob wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 4:53 pmopen up this guy's feed and he's got a lot of clips. this one shows all that he brings to the court for me. probably his best season too.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- flexbuffchest
- Posts: 27091
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
Christ I can't believe I have to route for Ball. Gross
BUT
He absolutely raises the ceiling for this team over Naz.
This is our home run swing. There is no denying that when Ball is "on" he can absolutely be elite. But he's also dumb as a box of rocks.
BUT
He absolutely raises the ceiling for this team over Naz.
This is our home run swing. There is no denying that when Ball is "on" he can absolutely be elite. But he's also dumb as a box of rocks.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
- DonaldDouchebag
- Posts: 31993
- Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:37 am
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
This is definitely a low BBIQ team all around.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 5:20 pm Chris I can't believe I have to route for Ball. Gross
BUT
He absolutely raises the ceiling for this team over Naz.
This is our home run swing. There is no denying that when Ball is "on" he can absolutely be elite. But he's also dumb as a box of rocks.
(Ayo and TSJ would be my exceptions.)
Woke up this mornin’, got some gabagool.
- LordNu
- Posts: 11100
- Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:15 am
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
I dont know how to feel. Must be more moving parts as the team feels very incomplete in the frontcourt.
- flexbuffchest
- Posts: 27091
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
Good or bad this will team will bring excitement every nightDonaldDouchebag wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 5:22 pmThis is definitely a low BBIQ team all around.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 5:20 pm Chris I can't believe I have to route for Ball. Gross
BUT
He absolutely raises the ceiling for this team over Naz.
This is our home run swing. There is no denying that when Ball is "on" he can absolutely be elite. But he's also dumb as a box of rocks.![]()
(Ayo and TSJ would be my exceptions.)
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
- Hoop Dreams
- ***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***
- Posts: 43664
- Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:43 pm
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
Ant Edwards hates Naz Reid. Confirmed.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- SHAFA
- Posts: 15126
- Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
There was a 10-minute YT clip I stuck on the thread in the main board in response to someone who said he couldn’t drive.weimy froob wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 4:53 pmopen up this guy's feed and he's got a lot of clips. this one shows all that he brings to the court for me. probably his best season too.
- somuchyummy
- Posts: 37470
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
we would have had to make the money work. $15M this year - and obviously something Memphis could absorb by just sending out three 2nd round picks. I think we can pick up a decent option for less - probably in the $5M per year range.
All Time Draft 2025
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
- somuchyummy
- Posts: 37470
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
I love you, Naz. Here's your coat. What's your rush?
All Time Draft 2025
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
- Beef Supreme
- Posts: 92174
- Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
- Location: House of Representin'
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
This is it for me too.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 5:20 pm Christ I can't believe I have to route for Ball. Gross
BUT
He absolutely raises the ceiling for this team over Naz.
This is our home run swing. There is no denying that when Ball is "on" he can absolutely be elite. But he's also dumb as a box of rocks.
Someone on the radio today said Ball is the ultimate feast or famine player. There will undoubtedly be nights where they look like the best tandem in the NBA. But I bet we lose some games for confounding reasons too.
We need frontcourt help, but it doesn’t need to be dynamic. Someone who can shoot a little and rebound and not be a liability on defense. A Harrison Barnes type.
Not sure who’s out there that would be a good fit. But right now Rudy and Beringer ain’t enough. And I’m not sure Joan can play the 4. I’m damn sure Rudy can’t.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”
- George Orwell
- George Orwell
- Jimi_Thing
- Posts: 24568
- Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:53 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
Yeah. Lunatics like him don't fall from trees though.somuchyummy wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 5:56 pmwe would have had to make the money work. $15M this year - and obviously something Memphis could absorb by just sending out three 2nd round picks. I think we can pick up a decent option for less - probably in the $5M per year range.
- SHAFA
- Posts: 15126
- Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
I beg to differ, Beef. Rudy’s ready to make you proud.Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 6:13 pmAnd I’m not sure Joan can play the 4. I’m damn sure Rudy can’t.
Proud.

-
Oriole81
- Posts: 38110
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
I have to believe there's another roster balance trade to be made.Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 6:13 pmThis is it for me too.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 5:20 pm Christ I can't believe I have to route for Ball. Gross
BUT
He absolutely raises the ceiling for this team over Naz.
This is our home run swing. There is no denying that when Ball is "on" he can absolutely be elite. But he's also dumb as a box of rocks.
Someone on the radio today said Ball is the ultimate feast or famine player. There will undoubtedly be nights where they look like the best tandem in the NBA. But I bet we lose some games for confounding reasons too.
We need frontcourt help, but it doesn’t need to be dynamic. Someone who can shoot a little and rebound and not be a liability on defense. A Harrison Barnes type.
Not sure who’s out there that would be a good fit. But right now Rudy and Beringer ain’t enough. And I’m not sure Joan can play the 4. I’m damn sure Rudy can’t.
They have alot of smaller pieces now that can easily be configured and moved.
2025 Froob NBA Draft
Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
- somuchyummy
- Posts: 37470
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
I love these vids. Rudy is looking like "yeah I do this all the time". The bench is going "I can't believe Rudy actually just did that!!!"SHAFA wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 6:18 pmI beg to differ, Beef. Rudy’s ready to make you proud.Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 6:13 pmAnd I’m not sure Joan can play the 4. I’m damn sure Rudy can’t.
Proud.
![]()
All Time Draft 2025
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
- somuchyummy
- Posts: 37470
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
For your exciting plaisur.
[youtube]http://www.google.com/search?q=lamelo+b ... WVU0Q,st:0[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.google.com/search?q=lamelo+b ... WVU0Q,st:0[/youtube]
All Time Draft 2025
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
- witljon
- Posts: 27107
- Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:57 am
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
We better be a perennial challenger because we’ve mortgaged our future draft picks. And I think as long as we have Edwards we will be.YBBR wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 4:51 pm The floor and ceiling for this LaMelo move is immense. It could work out and the Timberwolves could be a legitmate perennial challenger for the trophy every year for like 6-8 years. Or LaMelo could completely blow up in our face and either his injury history or lack of professionalism and attitude complete tank the outlook of this team.
Bring ya ass!
- Beef Supreme
- Posts: 92174
- Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
- Location: House of Representin'
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
When I used to play hoops, if a guy hit a shot like that on me, I’d say, “I dare you to shoot that again!”SHAFA wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 6:18 pmI beg to differ, Beef. Rudy’s ready to make you proud.Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 6:13 pmAnd I’m not sure Joan can play the 4. I’m damn sure Rudy can’t.
Proud.
![]()
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”
- George Orwell
- George Orwell
- Beef Supreme
- Posts: 92174
- Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
- Location: House of Representin'
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
I’m sure there are other moves forthcoming. You can’t go into the season with a frontcourt that thin.Oriole81 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 6:27 pmI have to believe there's another roster balance trade to be made.Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 6:13 pmThis is it for me too.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 5:20 pm Christ I can't believe I have to route for Ball. Gross
BUT
He absolutely raises the ceiling for this team over Naz.
This is our home run swing. There is no denying that when Ball is "on" he can absolutely be elite. But he's also dumb as a box of rocks.
Someone on the radio today said Ball is the ultimate feast or famine player. There will undoubtedly be nights where they look like the best tandem in the NBA. But I bet we lose some games for confounding reasons too.
We need frontcourt help, but it doesn’t need to be dynamic. Someone who can shoot a little and rebound and not be a liability on defense. A Harrison Barnes type.
Not sure who’s out there that would be a good fit. But right now Rudy and Beringer ain’t enough. And I’m not sure Joan can play the 4. I’m damn sure Rudy can’t.
They have alot of smaller pieces now that can easily be configured and moved.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”
- George Orwell
- George Orwell











