I agree with this take. I don’t know how you can be mildly happy though? I’m elated.
I think we were somewhere around the #10 offense last year and it was mostly an absolute eye sore to watch. I think Ball will have us easily in the top 5. I believe his impact will be similar to 2024 Conley in terms of running an effective and efficient offense. Some tweets have been posted about his impact on the Hornets last year. I anticipate Kon will have regression without LaMelo and Jaden will have progression with him. He’s that type of impact facilitator.
Defensively we kept our two elite guys. LaMelo can be a float defender on less talented wings. His rebounding skills will be great here too. 6’7” can make up for issues 6’2” cannot. LaMelo’s offensive weight should also slot Ant into a more prominent defensive role taking a team’s second best perimeter guy. I don’t think we take any steps back defensively - especially knowing Naz was likely a starter if this trade didn’t happen.
Naz is a very likable person, but he’s getting into pretty overrated territory as a player. Expectations of being a $25M starter will soon come for him and I’m not sure he’s that type of player.
The swaps are mostly irrelevant.
The 2033 pick could be valuable, yet if the wheels fall off this thing, there will be the opportunity to recoup a lot of picks with the talent on this roster.
To use terms our Wolves podcasters use, this trade is a franchise floor raiser and also a ceiling raiser.
Absolute homerun.
Also, I was pretty skeptical a few days ago that Lore/A-Rod were going to be Taylor 2.0 in that they stripped the team down due to payroll priorities. Instead, they supported further tax penalties for the benefit of the team. Kudos to them for approving this deal and kudos to Connelly for the skilled maneuvering of contracts to get this roster in such a healthy spot.
HOWL
I'm only mildly happy because I HATE Ball. I view him as one of the dumbest guys in the league.
Understandable. My friends and I are leaning into it in our group chat. Cannot wait for the pure bliss of memes this roster will present next year.
Catalyst wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 10:49 pm
I did not have waking this morning to Naz being a Hornet on any bingo card. It won't really sink in till pre-season when he is not here. It really is like losing Towns all over again, as I disliked Randle and never wanted to be forced to cheer for him and same for Ball. I hope this one has a better outcome for us. Randle just quit on us in the end and I didn't see that coming at all.
Why are you waking up with a bingo card? Perhaps you have other life concerns beyond the NBA.
his Bobcats tangent was especially funny. but only seeing the Hornets play the Wolves last season, I have to agree with this guy. this one doesn't make much sense unless Ball doesn't pass his physical.
his Bobcats tangent was especially funny. but only seeing the Hornets play the Wolves last season, I have to agree with this guy. this one doesn't make much sense unless Ball doesn't pass his physical.
SHAFA wrote: ↑Fri Jun 26, 2026 9:40 am
Well, LaVar says that if we sign Lonzo and LiAngelo we're guaranteed to win a title.
Better get on that, Tim. Just like Milwaukee did with the Antetokounmpo's.
This was pretty interesting wasn't it? Lonzo can barely Run and Jump and the other dude has been making music for quite a while. Uncle Phil needs to shut up.
Mnwild1128 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 26, 2026 12:29 pm
All the celts wanted for Brown was Gobert, Naz and the same draft pick ammo? Brown would be a Wolf in my world.
Our front court would be decimated with our biggest need of Pg needing to be addressed.
Mnwild1128 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 26, 2026 12:29 pm
All the celts wanted for Brown was Gobert, Naz and the same draft pick ammo? Brown would be a Wolf in my world.
Our front court would be decimated with our biggest need of Pg needing to be addressed.
I can see why that trade didn’t happen
I love Brown, but that salary is insane (plus the pending extension he is looking for that starts in the $70M range I believe).
I believe Ball+Gobert is greater than Brown when trying to build a team around Edwards.
Mnwild1128 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 26, 2026 12:29 pm
All the celts wanted for Brown was Gobert, Naz and the same draft pick ammo? Brown would be a Wolf in my world.
Our front court would be decimated with our biggest need of Pg needing to be addressed.
I can see why that trade didn’t happen
I agree with A$$MAN.
PG was our biggest need. Now we just have to find a dawg for the PF.
I wish we could have somehow kept Naz AND got Ball.
Edit: Still don't know why we had to take back Green. Anyone have an answer?
Rudy + Ball is better than Brown + Randle. I felt we needed a PG more than a PF and I'm glad we took this stance. Ball will be Rubio 2.0-like when his passing ability. People will catch on pretty fast here.
Rudy should not be traded in my opinion. He brings too many defensive intangibles to this team.
Mnwild1128 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 26, 2026 12:29 pm
All the celts wanted for Brown was Gobert, Naz and the same draft pick ammo? Brown would be a Wolf in my world.
Our front court would be decimated with our biggest need of Pg needing to be addressed.
I can see why that trade didn’t happen
I agree with A$$MAN.
PG was our biggest need. Now we just have to find a dawg for the PF.
I wish we could have somehow kept Naz AND got Ball.
Edit: Still don't know why we had to take back Green. Anyone have an answer?
We had to now salary match with the Randle trade.
Randle and Naz equal Ball/Green
2025 Froob NBA Draft
Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
In all seriousness, Ball is basically Luka lite. There are a lot of similarities in their games, both offensively and defensively. Even their injury histories and availability are similar . The biggest difference is obviously between the ears.
In all seriousness, Ball is basically Luka lite. There are a lot of similarities in their games, both offensively and defensively. Even their injury histories and availability are similar . The biggest difference is obviously between the ears.
he can unlock this offense. everyone who is on the court. if he stays healthy, i'm fully expecting an efficient Ant on one end of the court and a demon on the other. will be very disappointed if that's not the case.
shoteh wrote: ↑Fri Jun 26, 2026 2:20 pm
Rudy + Ball is better than Brown + Randle. I felt we needed a PG more than a PF and I'm glad we took this stance. Ball will be Rubio 2.0-like when his passing ability. People will catch on pretty fast here.
Rudy should not be traded in my opinion. He brings too many defensive intangibles to this team.
Yes, that's what I'm thinking. Rubio but with rebounding, elite finishing at the rim, a polished jumper, and the ability to really add some volume scoring.
I'd move Gobert if it was for someone like Myles Turner.
shoteh wrote: ↑Fri Jun 26, 2026 2:20 pm
Rudy + Ball is better than Brown + Randle. I felt we needed a PG more than a PF and I'm glad we took this stance. Ball will be Rubio 2.0-like when his passing ability. People will catch on pretty fast here.
Rudy should not be traded in my opinion. He brings too many defensive intangibles to this team.
Yes, that's what I'm thinking. Rubio but with rebounding, elite finishing at the rim, a polished jumper, and the ability to really add some volume scoring.
I'd move Gobert if it was for someone like Myles Turner.
I hope you are talking about the early years of Rubio when he could hit a shot. The last two years watching him miss layups was brutal.
Can Melo hit j's at a good clip? If not the D will sag. He just looks a little better at finding the open guy with his size.
I liked the video above, but was that guy AI? His voice seemed emotionless.
shoteh wrote: ↑Fri Jun 26, 2026 2:20 pm
Rudy + Ball is better than Brown + Randle. I felt we needed a PG more than a PF and I'm glad we took this stance. Ball will be Rubio 2.0-like when his passing ability. People will catch on pretty fast here.
Rudy should not be traded in my opinion. He brings too many defensive intangibles to this team.
Yes, that's what I'm thinking. Rubio but with rebounding, elite finishing at the rim, a polished jumper, and the ability to really add some volume scoring.
I'd move Gobert if it was for someone like Myles Turner.
I hope you are talking about the early years of Rubio when he could hit a shot. The last two years watching him miss layups was brutal.
Can Melo hit j's at a good clip? If not the D will sag. He just looks a little better at finding the open guy with his size.
I liked the video above, but was that guy AI? His voice seemed emotionless.
37% from deep last year. He’s a quality shooter who takes too many bad shots. The hope is that’s a function of a shitty offense with shitty teammates and not a feature of who he is. But that remains to be seen.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”
DonaldDouchebag wrote: ↑Fri Jun 26, 2026 4:20 pm
Yes, that's what I'm thinking. Rubio but with rebounding, elite finishing at the rim, a polished jumper, and the ability to really add some volume scoring.
I'd move Gobert if it was for someone like Myles Turner.
I hope you are talking about the early years of Rubio when he could hit a shot. The last two years watching him miss layups was brutal.
Can Melo hit j's at a good clip? If not the D will sag. He just looks a little better at finding the open guy with his size.
I liked the video above, but was that guy AI? His voice seemed emotionless.
37% from deep last year. He’s a quality shooter who takes too many bad shots. The hope is that’s a function of a shitty offense with shitty teammates and not a feature of who he is. But that remains to be seen.
His year to year 3 pt %'s are all over the map. He could end up anywhere from 34 to 38%
shoteh wrote: ↑Fri Jun 26, 2026 2:20 pm
Rudy + Ball is better than Brown + Randle. I felt we needed a PG more than a PF and I'm glad we took this stance. Ball will be Rubio 2.0-like when his passing ability. People will catch on pretty fast here.
Rudy should not be traded in my opinion. He brings too many defensive intangibles to this team.
Yes, that's what I'm thinking. Rubio but with rebounding, elite finishing at the rim, a polished jumper, and the ability to really add some volume scoring.
I'd move Gobert if it was for someone like Myles Turner.
I hope you are talking about the early years of Rubio when he could hit a shot. The last two years watching him miss layups was brutal.
Can Melo hit j's at a good clip? If not the D will sag. He just looks a little better at finding the open guy with his size.
I liked the video above, but was that guy AI? His voice seemed emotionless.
his three ball percentage is on high, high volume. so what it is, is no mirage. and it's more points than it would be at 50 percent on twos on that volume. so he'll be a weapon.
I hope you are talking about the early years of Rubio when he could hit a shot. The last two years watching him miss layups was brutal.
Can Melo hit j's at a good clip? If not the D will sag. He just looks a little better at finding the open guy with his size.
I liked the video above, but was that guy AI? His voice seemed emotionless.
37% from deep last year. He’s a quality shooter who takes too many bad shots. The hope is that’s a function of a shitty offense with shitty teammates and not a feature of who he is. But that remains to be seen.
His year to year 3 pt %'s are all over the map. He could end up anywhere from 34 to 38%
Right. And I think that’s a function of bad shot selection. When he shoots under control, he has good mechanics and touch. But he shoots a lot of very low-percentage, bad, off-balance junk too.
Settling him down to be a consistent player is Finchy’s challenge.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”