Agreed. Rumor has it Sony is already close with a PS5 pro tho...YBBR wrote: ↑Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:23 pmI hope Xbox and Sony don't do a mid generation refresh like last generation. These consoles really don't need it. They were way more powerful out of the gate than the PS4 and Xbox One. I feel like they've barely moved on from last gen and are developing exclusively for these consoles. Based on rumors Xbox probably isn't doing a revised console, but signs point to yes for Sony.Abe Froman wrote: ↑Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:52 pm Imo, if you are buying, get a series X. Or just wait until they release an X Pro edition, but that could be a while. I have both the series S and the series X. I honestly have played the S once since I got my X. It just does shit better. Unless you only have a 1080p tv and you don't plan on playing very many Xbox games. Then by all means, get the Series S.
Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Starfield
- Abe Froman
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 11610
- Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:30 am
Re: Starfield
I made this!
- jffl_commish
- Posts: 28433
- Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am
Re: Starfield
Thanks fellas. I'll keep my eye out. I love Fallout and Elder Scrolls, so this definitely right up my alley to play. Indiana Jones might be interesting too.
Let's get Tropical
- Abe Froman
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 11610
- Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:30 am
- jffl_commish
- Posts: 28433
- Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am
Re: Starfield
Woohoo! Any chance of an XBOX going on sale for me before then? lol
Let's get Tropical
- Abe Froman
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 11610
- Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:30 am
Re: Starfield
Only if you luck out and find someone desperate for money.jffl_commish wrote: ↑Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:44 am Woohoo! Any chance of an XBOX going on sale for me before then? lol
I made this!
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: Starfield
Review codes for this went out like last Wednesday or Thursday. People have Starfield in their possession. Hopefully it pans out.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- Tommy_Hawk
- Posts: 16212
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:14 pm
Re: Starfield
It should be ready to play one year after launch. Gotta get the people to pay premium prices to beta test for them for awhile so they know where all the bugs are.
Trees Make Great Neighbors
I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
- jffl_commish
- Posts: 28433
- Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am
- Tommy_Hawk
- Posts: 16212
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:14 pm
Re: Starfield
You get the Microsoft rig yet? I gotta upgrade. Still on the fence between next-gen console or PC. Can PC and XBox guys play together?
Trees Make Great Neighbors
I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
- Mandatory
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 51017
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
- Location: West Metro
- Abe Froman
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 11610
- Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:30 am
- Abe Froman
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 11610
- Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:30 am
Re: Starfield
If it doesn't heads will role. Microsoft and Bethesda have way too much riding on it's success.
I made this!
- Tommy_Hawk
- Posts: 16212
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:14 pm
Re: Starfield
What are you getting it on? XBox, PC, or something portable for work like a Steamdeck?Abe Froman wrote: ↑Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:50 amIf it doesn't heads will role. Microsoft and Bethesda have way too much riding on it's success.
Trees Make Great Neighbors
I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
- Abe Froman
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 11610
- Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:30 am
Re: Starfield
Technically all three since I believe it will be on gamepass.Tommy_Hawk wrote: ↑Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:28 pmWhat are you getting it on? XBox, PC, or something portable for work like a Steamdeck?Abe Froman wrote: ↑Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:50 amIf it doesn't heads will role. Microsoft and Bethesda have way too much riding on it's success.
I'm buying it for Xbox though.
I made this!
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: Starfield
i definitely get the feeling Microsoft are pretty damn confident about this one. They've got this and Forza as the big first party exclusives this year. Forza is a big game, but more niche in terms of wide appeal. Starfield is going to move consoles, going to move gamepass subscriptions, this is their huge hitter.Abe Froman wrote: ↑Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:50 amIf it doesn't heads will role. Microsoft and Bethesda have way too much riding on it's success.
They're looking for this to kind of kick off the slate of games they have lined up for at least the next few years to really deliver and change the fortunes of Xbox. Lots of stuff being lined up for 2024 and 2025 and beyond.
There's a couple smaller titles that have really hit recently for them in Pentiment and Hi-Fi Rush, but Redfall was supposed to be kind of close to that Forza tier. That damn game fell so flat.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: Starfield
I'll be playing on Series X when they drop this. Have to say this is the best Bethesda combat I've ever seen look by a factor of about 100. That's actually the most interesting thing to me about this. If the rest is there, dare I say this could maybe top both Tears of the Kingdom, and Baldur's Gate III for GoTY. That's an extremely tall order though. This year has been absolutely rife with great games.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- jffl_commish
- Posts: 28433
- Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am
- Mandatory
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 51017
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am
- Location: West Metro
Re: Starfield
It's preordered and downloaded. And as luck would have it I have a 6 day labor day weekend.
Ours is a cultural ghetto.
- Abe Froman
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 11610
- Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:30 am
Re: Starfield
Same, but it sounds more and more like the PS5 Pro is real.YBBR wrote: ↑Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:23 pmI hope Xbox and Sony don't do a mid generation refresh like last generation. These consoles really don't need it. They were way more powerful out of the gate than the PS4 and Xbox One. I feel like they've barely moved on from last gen and are developing exclusively for these consoles. Based on rumors Xbox probably isn't doing a revised console, but signs point to yes for Sony.Abe Froman wrote: ↑Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:52 pm Imo, if you are buying, get a series X. Or just wait until they release an X Pro edition, but that could be a while. I have both the series S and the series X. I honestly have played the S once since I got my X. It just does shit better. Unless you only have a 1080p tv and you don't plan on playing very many Xbox games. Then by all means, get the Series S.
I made this!
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: Starfield
Lots of people in the know think it's going to come next year. They're going to announce some kind of PS5 slim revision in time for holiday this year and by next year around Holiday time they're going to trot out the PS5 Pro for sale. Not to mention they dropped the price for the portable streaming thing they have. $199 still too much for what that thing is.Abe Froman wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:02 amSame, but it sounds more and more like the PS5 Pro is real.YBBR wrote: ↑Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:23 pmI hope Xbox and Sony don't do a mid generation refresh like last generation. These consoles really don't need it. They were way more powerful out of the gate than the PS4 and Xbox One. I feel like they've barely moved on from last gen and are developing exclusively for these consoles. Based on rumors Xbox probably isn't doing a revised console, but signs point to yes for Sony.Abe Froman wrote: ↑Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:52 pm Imo, if you are buying, get a series X. Or just wait until they release an X Pro edition, but that could be a while. I have both the series S and the series X. I honestly have played the S once since I got my X. It just does shit better. Unless you only have a 1080p tv and you don't plan on playing very many Xbox games. Then by all means, get the Series S.
I have to say I really dislike Sony's thinly veiled strategy to charge people as much as they can basically because they can get away with it. People will buy it and they know it. So they're like, fuck it we'll put something you don't need out if you're going to pay us for it.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- Abe Froman
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 11610
- Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:30 am
Re: Starfield
Sounds like it's big but has a lot of empty spaces. Kinda to be expected with a game this size and one that is bound to be improved with mods and dlc. One review I just watched is giving it a 7 out of 10 which is lower than I had hoped, but at least it's not buggy as hell.
I made this!
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: Starfield
88 on metacritic, which is very good. That's an average on a 100 point scale of all the review scores submitted so far. That's 50 different scores on PC from various outlets. Maybe not up to that ToTK, Baldur's Gate III, Street Fighter 6 level. Just a shade under that kind of where Armored Core 6 just landed.Abe Froman wrote: ↑Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:40 pm Sounds like it's big but has a lot of empty spaces. Kinda to be expected with a game this size and one that is bound to be improved with mods and dlc. One review I just watched is giving it a 7 out of 10 which is lower than I had hoped, but at least it's not buggy as hell.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- Abe Froman
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 11610
- Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:30 am
Re: Starfield
I'm excited as hell for it! I love building shit, and I always wanted to build my own ship. Like dating back to Skies of Arcadia (which btw desparately needs a sequel) on the Dreamcast, I've loved the idea of making a ship. Felt like mass effect could have done it so much better. I can't wait!YBBR wrote: ↑Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:12 pm88 on metacritic, which is very good. That's an average on a 100 point scale of all the review scores submitted so far. That's 50 different scores on PC from various outlets. Maybe not up to that ToTK, Baldur's Gate III, Street Fighter 6 level. Just a shade under that kind of where Armored Core 6 just landed.Abe Froman wrote: ↑Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:40 pm Sounds like it's big but has a lot of empty spaces. Kinda to be expected with a game this size and one that is bound to be improved with mods and dlc. One review I just watched is giving it a 7 out of 10 which is lower than I had hoped, but at least it's not buggy as hell.
I made this!
- Tommy_Hawk
- Posts: 16212
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:14 pm
Re: Starfield
So what does that equate to for the layman in the real world? Are any of these RDR2 level games or just below? What are we dealing with here?YBBR wrote: ↑Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:12 pm88 on metacritic, which is very good. That's an average on a 100 point scale of all the review scores submitted so far. That's 50 different scores on PC from various outlets. Maybe not up to that ToTK, Baldur's Gate III, Street Fighter 6 level. Just a shade under that kind of where Armored Core 6 just landed.Abe Froman wrote: ↑Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:40 pm Sounds like it's big but has a lot of empty spaces. Kinda to be expected with a game this size and one that is bound to be improved with mods and dlc. One review I just watched is giving it a 7 out of 10 which is lower than I had hoped, but at least it's not buggy as hell.
Trees Make Great Neighbors
I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
I wanna live in a land of lakes
Where the great waves break
And the night runs right into the day
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: Starfield
This year, the Tears of the Kingdom and Baldur's Gate III have gotten 96's in metacritic. Which is insanely high. Which is basically 10's across the board from all publications. It's just an aggregate score of all the professional reviews stacked together. So a couple lower scores can drag that number down a lot.Tommy_Hawk wrote: ↑Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:47 amSo what does that equate to for the layman in the real world? Are any of these RDR2 level games or just below? What are we dealing with here?YBBR wrote: ↑Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:12 pm88 on metacritic, which is very good. That's an average on a 100 point scale of all the review scores submitted so far. That's 50 different scores on PC from various outlets. Maybe not up to that ToTK, Baldur's Gate III, Street Fighter 6 level. Just a shade under that kind of where Armored Core 6 just landed.Abe Froman wrote: ↑Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:40 pm Sounds like it's big but has a lot of empty spaces. Kinda to be expected with a game this size and one that is bound to be improved with mods and dlc. One review I just watched is giving it a 7 out of 10 which is lower than I had hoped, but at least it's not buggy as hell.
88 is very good. That game was given lots of 10's too and some 8's and 9's. So on average, it was basically a 9 out of 10. If you like Bethesda's RPGs, I'm pretty sure you'll probably like this one.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- Straight Edge Raven
- Posts: 12917
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:14 pm
Re: Starfield
A lot of people kinda mention it takes a few hours for it to really pick up.
Maybe I've had enough of the shit brigade.
Slava Ukraini!
Slava Ukraini!
- jffl_commish
- Posts: 28433
- Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am
Re: Starfield
I can see that. They're usually a little slow at the start while you learn how to play, where to go, etc....Straight Edge Raven wrote: ↑Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:48 am A lot of people kinda mention it takes a few hours for it to really pick up.
Let's get Tropical
- Abe Froman
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 11610
- Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:30 am
Re: Starfield
Anyone else gonna try and stay up until midnight tomorrow to play it?jffl_commish wrote: ↑Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:34 pmI can see that. They're usually a little slow at the start while you learn how to play, where to go, etc....Straight Edge Raven wrote: ↑Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:48 am A lot of people kinda mention it takes a few hours for it to really pick up.
I made this!
- jffl_commish
- Posts: 28433
- Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am
Re: Starfield
Not I. I won't have the machine to play it yet. Not sure when I'll get to that. Maybe not until winter time? I hate being outside in the winter anyways.Abe Froman wrote: ↑Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:19 pmAnyone else gonna try and stay up until midnight tomorrow to play it?jffl_commish wrote: ↑Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:34 pmI can see that. They're usually a little slow at the start while you learn how to play, where to go, etc....Straight Edge Raven wrote: ↑Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:48 am A lot of people kinda mention it takes a few hours for it to really pick up.
Let's get Tropical
- Abe Froman
- ***Official MNRC HOF Member***
- Posts: 11610
- Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:30 am
Re: Starfield
I might. We will seejffl_commish wrote: ↑Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:23 pmNot I. I won't have the machine to play it yet. Not sure when I'll get to that. Maybe not until winter time? I hate being outside in the winter anyways.Abe Froman wrote: ↑Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:19 pmAnyone else gonna try and stay up until midnight tomorrow to play it?jffl_commish wrote: ↑Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:34 pm
I can see that. They're usually a little slow at the start while you learn how to play, where to go, etc....
I made this!




