Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
Moderator: Sylvester Stallone
-
boxter432
- Posts: 14182
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:35 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
day 1 Finch better have Melo and Rudy play 2 man game 10000x per practice to get Melo accurate on his passes. I swear only Conley and maybe KA could pass a ball that Rudy could catch. If Melo can break down on the wing and find Rudy, he could just feast on free hoops and probably average a few pts higher back into mid teens.
-
aztimberwolves
- Posts: 3475
- Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
We might lose some confounding games next year for sure, but this season we had to lead the league in confounding losses.Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 6:13 pmThis is it for me too.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 5:20 pm Christ I can't believe I have to route for Ball. Gross
BUT
He absolutely raises the ceiling for this team over Naz.
This is our home run swing. There is no denying that when Ball is "on" he can absolutely be elite. But he's also dumb as a box of rocks.
Someone on the radio today said Ball is the ultimate feast or famine player. There will undoubtedly be nights where they look like the best tandem in the NBA. But I bet we lose some games for confounding reasons too.
We need frontcourt help, but it doesn’t need to be dynamic. Someone who can shoot a little and rebound and not be a liability on defense. A Harrison Barnes type.
Not sure who’s out there that would be a good fit. But right now Rudy and Beringer ain’t enough. And I’m not sure Joan can play the 4. I’m damn sure Rudy can’t.
-
RubeTube
- ***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
- Posts: 52134
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
This is the real Decade of Dimes. Enjoy it.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X
The Puppet Master
FUCK TRUMP!
FUCK ICE!
— Malcolm X
The Puppet Master
FUCK TRUMP!
FUCK ICE!
- weimy froob
- Posts: 129083
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
the two bad losses early. one in Phoenix and another one against Sac I think. also, a tough Laker loss when they didn't have Luka. Portland late. but there were also some real improbable/exciting wins. Houston I think there were two against. also the Denver series. I thought it was a fun year of basketball and they might've lost worse games the previous year against some zombie rosters. GS and Indy. of course, then a great run to stay out of the play in. Wolves basketball. Howl.aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 7:16 pmWe might lose some confounding games next year for sure, but this season we had to lead the league in confounding losses.Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 6:13 pmThis is it for me too.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 5:20 pm Christ I can't believe I have to route for Ball. Gross
BUT
He absolutely raises the ceiling for this team over Naz.
This is our home run swing. There is no denying that when Ball is "on" he can absolutely be elite. But he's also dumb as a box of rocks.
Someone on the radio today said Ball is the ultimate feast or famine player. There will undoubtedly be nights where they look like the best tandem in the NBA. But I bet we lose some games for confounding reasons too.
We need frontcourt help, but it doesn’t need to be dynamic. Someone who can shoot a little and rebound and not be a liability on defense. A Harrison Barnes type.
Not sure who’s out there that would be a good fit. But right now Rudy and Beringer ain’t enough. And I’m not sure Joan can play the 4. I’m damn sure Rudy can’t.
on to the 4. my guess is that Jaden is going to be playing a lot of minutes in that slot. they'll figure it out.
- Beef Supreme
- Posts: 92174
- Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
- Location: House of Representin'
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
The question is whether or not a team so constructed can take a step forward. I really have no idea. I just hope Ball is healthy enough for us to find out.aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 7:16 pmWe might lose some confounding games next year for sure, but this season we had to lead the league in confounding losses.Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 6:13 pmThis is it for me too.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 5:20 pm Christ I can't believe I have to route for Ball. Gross
BUT
He absolutely raises the ceiling for this team over Naz.
This is our home run swing. There is no denying that when Ball is "on" he can absolutely be elite. But he's also dumb as a box of rocks.
Someone on the radio today said Ball is the ultimate feast or famine player. There will undoubtedly be nights where they look like the best tandem in the NBA. But I bet we lose some games for confounding reasons too.
We need frontcourt help, but it doesn’t need to be dynamic. Someone who can shoot a little and rebound and not be a liability on defense. A Harrison Barnes type.
Not sure who’s out there that would be a good fit. But right now Rudy and Beringer ain’t enough. And I’m not sure Joan can play the 4. I’m damn sure Rudy can’t.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”
- George Orwell
- George Orwell
-
RubeTube
- ***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
- Posts: 52134
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
Has this team ever had two stars like this at this age?
Marbury and KG is probably the last.
Rudy better improve those brick hands because some delish dimes are about to come his way.
Marbury and KG is probably the last.
Rudy better improve those brick hands because some delish dimes are about to come his way.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X
The Puppet Master
FUCK TRUMP!
FUCK ICE!
— Malcolm X
The Puppet Master
FUCK TRUMP!
FUCK ICE!
- weimy froob
- Posts: 129083
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am
- weimy froob
- Posts: 129083
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am
- weimy froob
- Posts: 129083
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am
- Phil Leotardo
- Posts: 1389
- Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:33 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
I wonder if Rudy is still here on opening night.
That's right cocksucker! Go back to New Jersey!
-
RubeTube
- ***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
- Posts: 52134
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
I prefer they keep Rudy unless there is some other blockbuster in the works. Just beed to find someone at the PF spot right now.
Is there any way the Wolves can add Brown now in a trade?
Just a hypothetical but let me ask… Would you guys trade Jaden and Gobert for Brown?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X
The Puppet Master
FUCK TRUMP!
FUCK ICE!
— Malcolm X
The Puppet Master
FUCK TRUMP!
FUCK ICE!
- Phil Leotardo
- Posts: 1389
- Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:33 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
I'm not sure they could, even if they wanted to. Isn't Brown going to be making some absurd amount of money in the next 2 years? Like 67 million in '27 or '28?RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:03 pmI prefer they keep Rudy unless there is some other blockbuster in the works. Just beed to find someone at the PF spot right now.
Is there any way the Wolves can add Brown now in a trade?
Just a hypothetical but let me ask… Would you guys trade Jaden and Gobert for Brown?
That's right cocksucker! Go back to New Jersey!
-
Mnwild1128
- Posts: 5483
- Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:47 am
- Location: 2nd username. Been on here since around 2008-ish
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
So should we limit Melos minutes load like Hornets did last season? He averaged only 28 mpg. Seems like that might have helped him for injuries and enabling him to play more games. Personally, i think i would do that.
-
RubeTube
- ***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
- Posts: 52134
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
Ya, I am not sure on the contracts as I don’t follow every intricacy of the ASSOCIATION anymore.Phil Leotardo wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:11 pmI'm not sure they could, even if they wanted to. Isn't Brown going to be making some absurd amount of money in the next 2 years? Like 67 million in '27 or '28?RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:03 pmI prefer they keep Rudy unless there is some other blockbuster in the works. Just beed to find someone at the PF spot right now.
Is there any way the Wolves can add Brown now in a trade?
Just a hypothetical but let me ask… Would you guys trade Jaden and Gobert for Brown?
I am just asking just talent wise, would you make that trade?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X
The Puppet Master
FUCK TRUMP!
FUCK ICE!
— Malcolm X
The Puppet Master
FUCK TRUMP!
FUCK ICE!
- Phil Leotardo
- Posts: 1389
- Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:33 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
I don't know a ton about Brown's game. But I think the Wolves would be VERY thin depthwise, and VERY small.RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:15 pmYa, I am not sure on the contracts as I don’t follow every intricacy of the ASSOCIATION anymore.Phil Leotardo wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:11 pmI'm not sure they could, even if they wanted to. Isn't Brown going to be making some absurd amount of money in the next 2 years? Like 67 million in '27 or '28?RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:03 pm
I prefer they keep Rudy unless there is some other blockbuster in the works. Just beed to find someone at the PF spot right now.
Is there any way the Wolves can add Brown now in a trade?
Just a hypothetical but let me ask… Would you guys trade Jaden and Gobert for Brown?
I am just asking just talent wise, would you make that trade?
That's right cocksucker! Go back to New Jersey!
-
Mnwild1128
- Posts: 5483
- Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:47 am
- Location: 2nd username. Been on here since around 2008-ish
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
We would be taking back 5.7 million less in salary for that trade. I think they would 100% accept that. Probably would want to add center Queta as well coming back to us at 2.6 million.Phil Leotardo wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:11 pmI'm not sure they could, even if they wanted to. Isn't Brown going to be making some absurd amount of money in the next 2 years? Like 67 million in '27 or '28?RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:03 pmI prefer they keep Rudy unless there is some other blockbuster in the works. Just beed to find someone at the PF spot right now.
Is there any way the Wolves can add Brown now in a trade?
Just a hypothetical but let me ask… Would you guys trade Jaden and Gobert for Brown?
Last edited by Mnwild1128 on Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Mnwild1128
- Posts: 5483
- Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:47 am
- Location: 2nd username. Been on here since around 2008-ish
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
If you could guarantee me Beringer next season turns into what Jarrett Allen was on the Nets then i would. We would have to go find one more big though in Free agency. I wonder if Yabusele could do the Randle thing on D versus Wemby. Get up in his hips. He has same body type as Randle.RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:15 pmYa, I am not sure on the contracts as I don’t follow every intricacy of the ASSOCIATION anymore.Phil Leotardo wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:11 pmI'm not sure they could, even if they wanted to. Isn't Brown going to be making some absurd amount of money in the next 2 years? Like 67 million in '27 or '28?RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:03 pm
I prefer they keep Rudy unless there is some other blockbuster in the works. Just beed to find someone at the PF spot right now.
Is there any way the Wolves can add Brown now in a trade?
Just a hypothetical but let me ask… Would you guys trade Jaden and Gobert for Brown?
I am just asking just talent wise, would you make that trade?
- Style
- Posts: 4834
- Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:57 am
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
NoRubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:03 pmI prefer they keep Rudy unless there is some other blockbuster in the works. Just beed to find someone at the PF spot right now.
Is there any way the Wolves can add Brown now in a trade?
Just a hypothetical but let me ask… Would you guys trade Jaden and Gobert for Brown?
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
- flexbuffchest
- Posts: 27091
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
After thinking about it, I'm mildly happy.
This team as constructed wasn't going anywhere and didn't have much untapped potential. Ball, even with all his faults, has the upside (and he's proven he can play at that level) of a top 5 pg. We are in a situation where we have to take a home win swing. The status quo wasn't going to work and betting on Jaden becoming a dominant force on offense isn't a good bet to make.
We had to make a move that massively raises our ceiling but it also simultaneously lowers our floor. It's a fine deal for where we are at.
If Ball and Ant dominate the next few years and both resign here then no one will be complaining.
This team as constructed wasn't going anywhere and didn't have much untapped potential. Ball, even with all his faults, has the upside (and he's proven he can play at that level) of a top 5 pg. We are in a situation where we have to take a home win swing. The status quo wasn't going to work and betting on Jaden becoming a dominant force on offense isn't a good bet to make.
We had to make a move that massively raises our ceiling but it also simultaneously lowers our floor. It's a fine deal for where we are at.
If Ball and Ant dominate the next few years and both resign here then no one will be complaining.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
- Style
- Posts: 4834
- Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:57 am
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
I agree with this take. I don’t know how you can be mildly happy though? I’m elated.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:46 pm After thinking about it, I'm mildly happy.
This team as constructed wasn't going anywhere and didn't have much untapped potential. Ball, even with all his faults, has the upside (and he's proven he can play at that level) of a top 5 pg. We are in a situation where we have to take a home win swing. The status quo wasn't going to work and betting on Jaden becoming a dominant force on offense isn't a good bet to make.
We had to make a move that massively raises our ceiling but it also simultaneously lowers our floor. It's a fine deal for where we are at.
If Ball and Ant dominate the next few years and both resign here then no one will be complaining.
I think we were somewhere around the #10 offense last year and it was mostly an absolute eye sore to watch. I think Ball will have us easily in the top 5. I believe his impact will be similar to 2024 Conley in terms of running an effective and efficient offense. Some tweets have been posted about his impact on the Hornets last year. I anticipate Kon will have regression without LaMelo and Jaden will have progression with him. He’s that type of impact facilitator.
Defensively we kept our two elite guys. LaMelo can be a float defender on less talented wings. His rebounding skills will be great here too. 6’7” can make up for issues 6’2” cannot. LaMelo’s offensive weight should also slot Ant into a more prominent defensive role taking a team’s second best perimeter guy. I don’t think we take any steps back defensively - especially knowing Naz was likely a starter if this trade didn’t happen.
Naz is a very likable person, but he’s getting into pretty overrated territory as a player. Expectations of being a $25M starter will soon come for him and I’m not sure he’s that type of player.
The swaps are mostly irrelevant.
The 2033 pick could be valuable, yet if the wheels fall off this thing, there will be the opportunity to recoup a lot of picks with the talent on this roster.
To use terms our Wolves podcasters use, this trade is a franchise floor raiser and also a ceiling raiser.
Absolute homerun.
Also, I was pretty skeptical a few days ago that Lore/A-Rod were going to be Taylor 2.0 in that they stripped the team down due to payroll priorities. Instead, they supported further tax penalties for the benefit of the team. Kudos to them for approving this deal and kudos to Connelly for the skilled maneuvering of contracts to get this roster in such a healthy spot.
HOWL
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
-
RubeTube
- ***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
- Posts: 52134
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
I don’t think you can complain on the compensation. This might be the first time I have ever seen the Wolves fleece another team in a blockbuster trade, it’s usually the Wolves getting fleeced in these situations.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:46 pm After thinking about it, I'm mildly happy.
This team as constructed wasn't going anywhere and didn't have much untapped potential. Ball, even with all his faults, has the upside (and he's proven he can play at that level) of a top 5 pg. We are in a situation where we have to take a home win swing. The status quo wasn't going to work and betting on Jaden becoming a dominant force on offense isn't a good bet to make.
We had to make a move that massively raises our ceiling but it also simultaneously lowers our floor. It's a fine deal for where we are at.
If Ball and Ant dominate the next few years and both resign here then no one will be complaining.
Naz was mid to me and isn’t a starting caliber player on a high level team imo. Now the picks you can maybe make a case about but either way, the Wolfes got the better end of this deal.
They look to be in a complete rebuild but why not rebuild around Ball who is only 24? Seems odd. I’ve talked about pairing Ant and Ball here for years. This was a great move imo.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X
The Puppet Master
FUCK TRUMP!
FUCK ICE!
— Malcolm X
The Puppet Master
FUCK TRUMP!
FUCK ICE!
- witljon
- Posts: 27107
- Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:57 am
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
Nikola Jokic would like to see us do that trade.RubeTube wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:03 pmI prefer they keep Rudy unless there is some other blockbuster in the works. Just beed to find someone at the PF spot right now.
Is there any way the Wolves can add Brown now in a trade?
Just a hypothetical but let me ask… Would you guys trade Jaden and Gobert for Brown?
Bring ya ass!
- Jimi_Thing
- Posts: 24568
- Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:53 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
Yeah. I really think both Ayo (which we’ve already seen glimpses of) and Ball are going to help bring Jaden to another level.Style wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 9:07 pmI agree with this take. I don’t know how you can be mildly happy though? I’m elated.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:46 pm After thinking about it, I'm mildly happy.
This team as constructed wasn't going anywhere and didn't have much untapped potential. Ball, even with all his faults, has the upside (and he's proven he can play at that level) of a top 5 pg. We are in a situation where we have to take a home win swing. The status quo wasn't going to work and betting on Jaden becoming a dominant force on offense isn't a good bet to make.
We had to make a move that massively raises our ceiling but it also simultaneously lowers our floor. It's a fine deal for where we are at.
If Ball and Ant dominate the next few years and both resign here then no one will be complaining.
I think we were somewhere around the #10 offense last year and it was mostly an absolute eye sore to watch. I think Ball will have us easily in the top 5. I believe his impact will be similar to 2024 Conley in terms of running an effective and efficient offense. Some tweets have been posted about his impact on the Hornets last year. I anticipate Kon will have regression without LaMelo and Jaden will have progression with him. He’s that type of impact facilitator.
Defensively we kept our two elite guys. LaMelo can be a float defender on less talented wings. His rebounding skills will be great here too. 6’7” can make up for issues 6’2” cannot. LaMelo’s offensive weight should also slot Ant into a more prominent defensive role taking a team’s second best perimeter guy. I don’t think we take any steps back defensively - especially knowing Naz was likely a starter if this trade didn’t happen.
Naz is a very likable person, but he’s getting into pretty overrated territory as a player. Expectations of being a $25M starter will soon come for him and I’m not sure he’s that type of player.
The swaps are mostly irrelevant.
The 2033 pick could be valuable, yet if the wheels fall off this thing, there will be the opportunity to recoup a lot of picks with the talent on this roster.
To use terms our Wolves podcasters use, this trade is a franchise floor raiser and also a ceiling raiser.
Absolute homerun.
Also, I was pretty skeptical a few days ago that Lore/A-Rod were going to be Taylor 2.0 in that they stripped the team down due to payroll priorities. Instead, they supported further tax penalties for the benefit of the team. Kudos to them for approving this deal and kudos to Connelly for the skilled maneuvering of contracts to get this roster in such a healthy spot.
HOWL
I’m excited about that.
- flexbuffchest
- Posts: 27091
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
I'm only mildly happy because I HATE Ball.Style wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 9:07 pmI agree with this take. I don’t know how you can be mildly happy though? I’m elated.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:46 pm After thinking about it, I'm mildly happy.
This team as constructed wasn't going anywhere and didn't have much untapped potential. Ball, even with all his faults, has the upside (and he's proven he can play at that level) of a top 5 pg. We are in a situation where we have to take a home win swing. The status quo wasn't going to work and betting on Jaden becoming a dominant force on offense isn't a good bet to make.
We had to make a move that massively raises our ceiling but it also simultaneously lowers our floor. It's a fine deal for where we are at.
If Ball and Ant dominate the next few years and both resign here then no one will be complaining.
I think we were somewhere around the #10 offense last year and it was mostly an absolute eye sore to watch. I think Ball will have us easily in the top 5. I believe his impact will be similar to 2024 Conley in terms of running an effective and efficient offense. Some tweets have been posted about his impact on the Hornets last year. I anticipate Kon will have regression without LaMelo and Jaden will have progression with him. He’s that type of impact facilitator.
Defensively we kept our two elite guys. LaMelo can be a float defender on less talented wings. His rebounding skills will be great here too. 6’7” can make up for issues 6’2” cannot. LaMelo’s offensive weight should also slot Ant into a more prominent defensive role taking a team’s second best perimeter guy. I don’t think we take any steps back defensively - especially knowing Naz was likely a starter if this trade didn’t happen.
Naz is a very likable person, but he’s getting into pretty overrated territory as a player. Expectations of being a $25M starter will soon come for him and I’m not sure he’s that type of player.
The swaps are mostly irrelevant.
The 2033 pick could be valuable, yet if the wheels fall off this thing, there will be the opportunity to recoup a lot of picks with the talent on this roster.
To use terms our Wolves podcasters use, this trade is a franchise floor raiser and also a ceiling raiser.
Absolute homerun.
Also, I was pretty skeptical a few days ago that Lore/A-Rod were going to be Taylor 2.0 in that they stripped the team down due to payroll priorities. Instead, they supported further tax penalties for the benefit of the team. Kudos to them for approving this deal and kudos to Connelly for the skilled maneuvering of contracts to get this roster in such a healthy spot.
HOWL
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
- witljon
- Posts: 27107
- Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:57 am
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
LaMelo Ball has plenty of tattoos.
I wonder if he’s has a Naz tattoo.
Bring ya ass!
- Jimi_Thing
- Posts: 24568
- Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:53 pm
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
Same. There’s a Thanksgiving post game video clip of him that I bet I’ve ’hate watched’ at least 20 times.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 9:44 pmI'm only mildly happy because I HATE Ball.Style wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 9:07 pmI agree with this take. I don’t know how you can be mildly happy though? I’m elated.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:46 pm After thinking about it, I'm mildly happy.
This team as constructed wasn't going anywhere and didn't have much untapped potential. Ball, even with all his faults, has the upside (and he's proven he can play at that level) of a top 5 pg. We are in a situation where we have to take a home win swing. The status quo wasn't going to work and betting on Jaden becoming a dominant force on offense isn't a good bet to make.
We had to make a move that massively raises our ceiling but it also simultaneously lowers our floor. It's a fine deal for where we are at.
If Ball and Ant dominate the next few years and both resign here then no one will be complaining.
I think we were somewhere around the #10 offense last year and it was mostly an absolute eye sore to watch. I think Ball will have us easily in the top 5. I believe his impact will be similar to 2024 Conley in terms of running an effective and efficient offense. Some tweets have been posted about his impact on the Hornets last year. I anticipate Kon will have regression without LaMelo and Jaden will have progression with him. He’s that type of impact facilitator.
Defensively we kept our two elite guys. LaMelo can be a float defender on less talented wings. His rebounding skills will be great here too. 6’7” can make up for issues 6’2” cannot. LaMelo’s offensive weight should also slot Ant into a more prominent defensive role taking a team’s second best perimeter guy. I don’t think we take any steps back defensively - especially knowing Naz was likely a starter if this trade didn’t happen.
Naz is a very likable person, but he’s getting into pretty overrated territory as a player. Expectations of being a $25M starter will soon come for him and I’m not sure he’s that type of player.
The swaps are mostly irrelevant.
The 2033 pick could be valuable, yet if the wheels fall off this thing, there will be the opportunity to recoup a lot of picks with the talent on this roster.
To use terms our Wolves podcasters use, this trade is a franchise floor raiser and also a ceiling raiser.
Absolute homerun.
Also, I was pretty skeptical a few days ago that Lore/A-Rod were going to be Taylor 2.0 in that they stripped the team down due to payroll priorities. Instead, they supported further tax penalties for the benefit of the team. Kudos to them for approving this deal and kudos to Connelly for the skilled maneuvering of contracts to get this roster in such a healthy spot.
HOWLI view him as one of the dumbest guys in the league.
- Butch Bradford
- Posts: 26042
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:03 pm
- Location: The Golden Age of America
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
My shit don’t stink.
Spoiler:
- LordNu
- Posts: 11100
- Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:15 am
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
He’s the number 1 son.SHAFA wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 6:18 pmI beg to differ, Beef. Rudy’s ready to make you proud.Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 6:13 pmAnd I’m not sure Joan can play the 4. I’m damn sure Rudy can’t.
Proud.
![]()
- Catalyst
- ***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***
- Posts: 1022
- Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:07 pm
- Location: Hinckley
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
I did not have waking this morning to Naz being a Hornet on any bingo card. It won't really sink in till pre-season when he is not here. It really is like losing Towns all over again, as I disliked Randle and never wanted to be forced to cheer for him and same for Ball. I hope this one has a better outcome for us. Randle just quit on us in the end and I didn't see that coming at all.
My heart is family.
- Style
- Posts: 4834
- Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:57 am
Re: Wolves acquire Lamelo Ball and Josh Green for Naz
flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 9:44 pmI'm only mildly happy because I HATE Ball.Style wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 9:07 pmI agree with this take. I don’t know how you can be mildly happy though? I’m elated.flexbuffchest wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:46 pm After thinking about it, I'm mildly happy.
This team as constructed wasn't going anywhere and didn't have much untapped potential. Ball, even with all his faults, has the upside (and he's proven he can play at that level) of a top 5 pg. We are in a situation where we have to take a home win swing. The status quo wasn't going to work and betting on Jaden becoming a dominant force on offense isn't a good bet to make.
We had to make a move that massively raises our ceiling but it also simultaneously lowers our floor. It's a fine deal for where we are at.
If Ball and Ant dominate the next few years and both resign here then no one will be complaining.
I think we were somewhere around the #10 offense last year and it was mostly an absolute eye sore to watch. I think Ball will have us easily in the top 5. I believe his impact will be similar to 2024 Conley in terms of running an effective and efficient offense. Some tweets have been posted about his impact on the Hornets last year. I anticipate Kon will have regression without LaMelo and Jaden will have progression with him. He’s that type of impact facilitator.
Defensively we kept our two elite guys. LaMelo can be a float defender on less talented wings. His rebounding skills will be great here too. 6’7” can make up for issues 6’2” cannot. LaMelo’s offensive weight should also slot Ant into a more prominent defensive role taking a team’s second best perimeter guy. I don’t think we take any steps back defensively - especially knowing Naz was likely a starter if this trade didn’t happen.
Naz is a very likable person, but he’s getting into pretty overrated territory as a player. Expectations of being a $25M starter will soon come for him and I’m not sure he’s that type of player.
The swaps are mostly irrelevant.
The 2033 pick could be valuable, yet if the wheels fall off this thing, there will be the opportunity to recoup a lot of picks with the talent on this roster.
To use terms our Wolves podcasters use, this trade is a franchise floor raiser and also a ceiling raiser.
Absolute homerun.
Also, I was pretty skeptical a few days ago that Lore/A-Rod were going to be Taylor 2.0 in that they stripped the team down due to payroll priorities. Instead, they supported further tax penalties for the benefit of the team. Kudos to them for approving this deal and kudos to Connelly for the skilled maneuvering of contracts to get this roster in such a healthy spot.
HOWLI view him as one of the dumbest guys in the league.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald











