Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Donte DiVincenzo

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Moderator: Sylvester Stallone

Post Reply
User avatar
Jimi_Thing
Posts: 24568
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Jimi_Thing »

feekdogg wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 9:14 am Wolves already ruled him out for tonight. Not good when they're in NY, back to MN, then to Memphis by Monday. Hopefully just a one game deal.
Fans shouldn't look at that as an excuse for any of the upcoming scheduled Ls. Damn near the entire Western Conference, aside from the Wolves, have been dealing with more significant injuries.
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92167
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Beef Supreme »

feekdogg wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 9:14 am Wolves already ruled him out for tonight. Not good when they're in NY, back to MN, then to Memphis by Monday. Hopefully just a one game deal.
Big toe sprains can keep a guy out more than a month, depending on the severity.


Anyone know the grade of the sprain?
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92167
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Beef Supreme »

Jimi_Thing wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 9:43 am
feekdogg wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 9:14 am Wolves already ruled him out for tonight. Not good when they're in NY, back to MN, then to Memphis by Monday. Hopefully just a one game deal.
Fans shouldn't look at that as an excuse for any of the upcoming scheduled Ls. Damn near the entire Western Conference, aside from the Wolves, have been dealing with more significant injuries.
Golden State Zombies didn’t let it bother them the other night.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
twolves31
Posts: 2658
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:04 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by twolves31 »

Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 9:45 am
Jimi_Thing wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 9:43 am
feekdogg wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 9:14 am Wolves already ruled him out for tonight. Not good when they're in NY, back to MN, then to Memphis by Monday. Hopefully just a one game deal.
Fans shouldn't look at that as an excuse for any of the upcoming scheduled Ls. Damn near the entire Western Conference, aside from the Wolves, have been dealing with more significant injuries.
Golden State Zombies didn’t let it bother them the other night.
Golden State was playing 12 guys a night to start the season, so they were ready for some injuries. Outside of a small amount of time for Josh and Rob, we haven't played anyone outside of the main 8 to prepare anyone for games.
User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 37470
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by somuchyummy »

You're forgetting those 1 second stints for Jingles. Keeping those pasty legs fresh!
All Time Draft 2025

PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond

There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 37470
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by somuchyummy »

I'm hoping this toe isn't a big deal. But it definitely could be. Your acceleration down the court, your short burst, your cuts, your lift - all pretty dependent on healthy big toes. Bah.
All Time Draft 2025

PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond

There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
mnbob70
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:41 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by mnbob70 »

HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 18510
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by HeHateMe »

mnbob70 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 20, 2025 1:14 pm Out indefinitely.
They're going to miss him but it's time to let Rob (and hopefully TSJ when he's back) get some minutes.
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
User avatar
SHAFA
Posts: 15126
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by SHAFA »

HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:44 am
mnbob70 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 20, 2025 1:14 pm Out indefinitely.
They're going to miss him but it's time to let Rob (and hopefully TSJ when he's back) get some minutes.
I don't know, I think they've really got something with this Ingles guy.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 18510
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by HeHateMe »

SHAFA wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:46 am
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:44 am
mnbob70 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 20, 2025 1:14 pm Out indefinitely.
They're going to miss him but it's time to let Rob (and hopefully TSJ when he's back) get some minutes.
I don't know, I think they've really got something with this Ingles guy.
Think he'll ever get a bucket in a Wolves uniform?
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
User avatar
SHAFA
Posts: 15126
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by SHAFA »

HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:52 am
SHAFA wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:46 am
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:44 am

They're going to miss him but it's time to let Rob (and hopefully TSJ when he's back) get some minutes.
I don't know, I think they've really got something with this Ingles guy.
Think he'll ever get a bucket in a Wolves uniform?
Probably not, but only because it looks like he's actively trying NOT to shoot.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 18510
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by HeHateMe »

SHAFA wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:57 am
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:52 am
SHAFA wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:46 am

I don't know, I think they've really got something with this Ingles guy.
Think he'll ever get a bucket in a Wolves uniform?
Probably not, but only because it looks like he's actively trying NOT to shoot.
Mike Miller!?
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 37470
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by somuchyummy »

Seems like we might possibly have some good news on DDV's injury. Perhaps not. But the new assessement is that they're going to look at it again in 3 weeks - which is a lot brighter horizon than saying it's probably a season ender.
All Time Draft 2025

PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond

There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
aztimberwolves
Posts: 3475
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by aztimberwolves »

somuchyummy wrote: ↑Fri Jan 24, 2025 8:22 pm Seems like we might possibly have some good news on DDV's injury. Perhaps not. But the new assessement is that they're going to look at it again in 3 weeks - which is a lot brighter horizon than saying it's probably a season ender.
I just hope it’s not typical Wolves training staff misdiagnosis like with Bud. Oh yeah rest will take care of it and it lingers into next year and then has surgery and is out that year too instead of just having surgery now and taking care of it.
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92167
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Beef Supreme »

somuchyummy wrote: ↑Fri Jan 24, 2025 8:22 pm Seems like we might possibly have some good news on DDV's injury. Perhaps not. But the new assessement is that they're going to look at it again in 3 weeks - which is a lot brighter horizon than saying it's probably a season ender.
Yeah, I saw that too. Sounds like surgery won't be necessary. But it's still going to be a while.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129082
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by weimy froob »

User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129082
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by weimy froob »

i saw a line where they might actually see if he can play on thursday. not sure about that, but he's back to practicing.

User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129082
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by weimy froob »

User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92167
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Beef Supreme »

I'm surprised he's gone from no activity to questionable so quickly.


Good for us, though. But I am concerned that the youngsters who've given us a spark will get their minutes cut because of this. I'm not a fan of that, even though I liked how DD was playing before he got hurt.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
witljon
Posts: 27107
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:57 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by witljon »

Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Wed Feb 26, 2025 10:31 pm I'm surprised he's gone from no activity to questionable so quickly.


Good for us, though. But I am concerned that the youngsters who've given us a spark will get their minutes cut because of this. I'm not a fan of that, even though I liked how DD was playing before he got hurt.
I hope it doesn’t take him a couple of months again
to find his groove.
Bring ya ass!
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129082
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by weimy froob »

Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Wed Feb 26, 2025 10:31 pm I'm surprised he's gone from no activity to questionable so quickly.


Good for us, though. But I am concerned that the youngsters who've given us a spark will get their minutes cut because of this. I'm not a fan of that, even though I liked how DD was playing before he got hurt.
one simple solution to the minutes problem is for Finch to lengthen the bench/rotation. there is now no reason why this shouldn't be a 10 man rotation and on some nights 11. Jaylen, TSJ and Rob should continue to play. DD playing like he was before he got hurt makes this team better though.
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92167
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Beef Supreme »

witljon wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 7:57 am
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Wed Feb 26, 2025 10:31 pm I'm surprised he's gone from no activity to questionable so quickly.


Good for us, though. But I am concerned that the youngsters who've given us a spark will get their minutes cut because of this. I'm not a fan of that, even though I liked how DD was playing before he got hurt.
I hope it doesn’t take him a couple of months again
to find his groove.
Me too. He as really rough to start the year. Maybe he’s a slow starter and this could be a reset back to that and we’ll have to live through it again. But maybe it was just acclimating to the new team and we won’t. I don’t really know.


But I do know that if he puts TSJ, Rob, and Clark back on the pine, I’d just assume he stays hurt, to be honest. I want more of the youth movement.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92167
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Beef Supreme »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:11 am
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Wed Feb 26, 2025 10:31 pm I'm surprised he's gone from no activity to questionable so quickly.


Good for us, though. But I am concerned that the youngsters who've given us a spark will get their minutes cut because of this. I'm not a fan of that, even though I liked how DD was playing before he got hurt.
one simple solution to the minutes problem is for Finch to lengthen the bench/rotation. there is now no reason why this shouldn't be a 10 man rotation and on some nights 11. Jaylen, TSJ and Rob should continue to play. DD playing like he was before he got hurt makes this team better though.
It could work. But I’m not sure Finchy is going to do that. I hope he does, but I haven’t seen much from him that says he will.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 37470
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by somuchyummy »

The toothpaste is pretty much out of the tube now though on those young players. Restrict Mike's minutes, rest Ant a little more, keep DDV on a minutes restriction while he works thru things - it could work. We've got just 23 games till the playoffs. Deep teams are doing well - you look at the top four in each conference, and most play deep rotations - the exceptions being Denver and the Knicks.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
All Time Draft 2025

PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond

There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129082
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by weimy froob »

somuchyummy wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:34 am The toothpaste is pretty much out of the tube now though on those young players. Restrict Mike's minutes, rest Ant a little more, keep DDV on a minutes restriction while he works thru things - it could work. We've got just 23 games till the playoffs.
yep. there is no reason for Ant to be playing the whole first and third quarters now unless he's on a total heater. then if/when he cools off you still get him out for a couple minutes. he should have more energy in the fourth quarter/clutch time and that might translate into better numbers for him.
twolves31
Posts: 2658
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:04 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by twolves31 »

somuchyummy wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:34 am The toothpaste is pretty much out of the tube now though on those young players. Restrict Mike's minutes, rest Ant a little more, keep DDV on a minutes restriction while he works thru things - it could work. We've got just 23 games till the playoffs. Deep teams are doing well - you look at the top four in each conference, and most play deep rotations - the exceptions being Denver and the Knicks.
SGA sits the entire 4th quarter a lot of games because his team has such a high margin of victory and still plays 34 minutes per game. Same thing with Cleveland stars 31 and 30 minutes. Brown and Tatum play 36 and 35 minutes. Lebron is 40 years old and still gets in 34.6 minutes. Ant plays 36.8, I think you can knock that down to maybe 32 but that only opens up 4.8 minutes for others. Randle's 32.6 minutes can be taken down into the 27 minute range. Rudy's 33 minutes can be taken down a bit.
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129082
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by weimy froob »

twolves31 wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:52 am
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:34 am The toothpaste is pretty much out of the tube now though on those young players. Restrict Mike's minutes, rest Ant a little more, keep DDV on a minutes restriction while he works thru things - it could work. We've got just 23 games till the playoffs. Deep teams are doing well - you look at the top four in each conference, and most play deep rotations - the exceptions being Denver and the Knicks.
SGA sits the entire 4th quarter a lot of games because his team has such a high margin of victory and still plays 34 minutes per game. Same thing with Cleveland stars 31 and 30 minutes. Brown and Tatum play 36 and 35 minutes. Lebron is 40 years old and still gets in 34.6 minutes. Ant plays 36.8, I think you can knock that down to maybe 32 but that only opens up 4.8 minutes for others. Randle's 32.6 minutes can be taken down into the 27 minute range. Rudy's 33 minutes can be taken down a bit.
32 would be about right for me. two minutes in the first quarter and two minutes in the third quarter. they have to find a way for him to be more effective/efficient in clutch time and i think less minutes has to be explored to see if that's the solution right there.
User avatar
witljon
Posts: 27107
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:57 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by witljon »

Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:29 am
witljon wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 7:57 am
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Wed Feb 26, 2025 10:31 pm I'm surprised he's gone from no activity to questionable so quickly.


Good for us, though. But I am concerned that the youngsters who've given us a spark will get their minutes cut because of this. I'm not a fan of that, even though I liked how DD was playing before he got hurt.
I hope it doesn’t take him a couple of months again
to find his groove.
Me too. He as really rough to start the year. Maybe he’s a slow starter and this could be a reset back to that and we’ll have to live through it again. But maybe it was just acclimating to the new team and we won’t. I don’t really know.


But I do know that if he puts TSJ, Rob, and Clark back on the pine, I’d just assume he stays hurt, to be honest. I want more of the youth movement.
We’ve lost 4 out of our last 6 with this youth movement.
Bring ya ass!
User avatar
DonaldDouchebag
Posts: 31987
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:37 am

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:29 am
witljon wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 7:57 am
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Wed Feb 26, 2025 10:31 pm I'm surprised he's gone from no activity to questionable so quickly.


Good for us, though. But I am concerned that the youngsters who've given us a spark will get their minutes cut because of this. I'm not a fan of that, even though I liked how DD was playing before he got hurt.
I hope it doesn’t take him a couple of months again
to find his groove.
Me too. He as really rough to start the year. Maybe he’s a slow starter and this could be a reset back to that and we’ll have to live through it again. But maybe it was just acclimating to the new team and we won’t. I don’t really know.


But I do know that if he puts TSJ, Rob, and Clark back on the pine, I’d just assume he stays hurt, to be honest. I want more of the youth movement.
Yep. And I think the more layman fan, like me, wants to see these young dudes continue to get run, too.
Woke up this mornin’, got some gabagool.
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92167
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Post by Beef Supreme »

witljon wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 10:27 am
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:29 am
witljon wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 7:57 am

I hope it doesn’t take him a couple of months again
to find his groove.
Me too. He as really rough to start the year. Maybe he’s a slow starter and this could be a reset back to that and we’ll have to live through it again. But maybe it was just acclimating to the new team and we won’t. I don’t really know.


But I do know that if he puts TSJ, Rob, and Clark back on the pine, I’d just assume he stays hurt, to be honest. I want more of the youth movement.
We’ve lost 4 out of our last 6 with this youth movement.
So?
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
Post Reply