Big day. Let's hope the brass has a very clear idea of what they want and they don't sit around letting guys slip through their fingers. I've settled on my top 3 targets - nothing flashy at all, just a way to balance out the roster. All vets in their early 30s. Hoping they have the cash to do this.
1. Guerschon Yabusele / PF-C / 6-9 280 / 211 games-67 starts / 30 yrs old / career 57%-36%-72%
2. Kyle Anderson / PF-SF-PG / 6-8 230 / 757 games-313 starts / 32 yrs old / career 52%-34%-72%
3. Jevon Carter / PG / 6-0 190 / 455 games-50 starts / 30 yrs old / career 43%-38%-80%
Last edited by somuchyummy on Tue Jun 30, 2026 9:18 am, edited 8 times in total.
All Time Draft 2025
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
I’m not expecting the front office to make any moves for a while unless they reroute green. We’re in the vet minimum market and those deals are typically done once the splashy moves have been made first.
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Mon Jun 29, 2026 11:11 pm
Detroit and Sacramento are discussing a possible swap of Duren and Sabonis. I guess money talks. But you've got to question the BB motives of a young player choosing to leave an up and coming EC contender to voluntarily move to the Sacto Gulag.
Some people the lure of Cali is real.
Not sure why he'd want to lose 13% of his paycheck to the state. He's only losing 4% in Michigan.
SKOLMN wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 8:29 am
I’m not expecting the front office to make any moves for a while unless they reroute green. We’re in the vet minimum market and those deals are typically done once the splashy moves have been made first.
Like i said, I hope they've got a clear idea and just go about it proactively. Some vet min guys are better than others.
All Time Draft 2025
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Lots more action this morning on the options front.
These players have had their options declined and will be UFAs.
OKC C Branden Carlson
Bucks SF Alex Antetokounmpo
NOP SG Trey Alexander
Heat PG Jahmir Young
Heat PF Keshad Johnson
Boston C Amari Williams (this one surprises me)
Hawks CG Keaton Wallace
GSW CG Pat Spencer
Denver PG Jalen Pickett
Toronto C Jonathon Mogbo
Jazz G Bez Mbeng
Bucks SG Andre Jackson Jr.
Jazz G Hayden Gray
Knicks C Ariel Hukporti (another surprise)
and
Dallas F Moussa Cisse was tendered a two-way contract offer and becomes an RFA
All Time Draft 2025
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
It's also my understanding that the Freak brothers will NOT be accompanying their brother to Miami. Riley isn't interested in playing that game.
Miami really has some work to do now filling out their squad after this big trade. I don't see how they keep Norman Powell - he's a UFA. I "think" that means they have only about 9 rostered guys right now.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Tue Jun 30, 2026 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
All Time Draft 2025
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Mon Jun 29, 2026 11:11 pm
Detroit and Sacramento are discussing a possible swap of Duren and Sabonis. I guess money talks. But you've got to question the BB motives of a young player choosing to leave an up and coming EC contender to voluntarily move to the Sacto Gulag.
Some people the lure of Cali is real.
Not sure why he'd want to lose 13% of his paycheck to the state. He's only losing 4% in Michigan.
Yeah, athletes never pick California teams over midwestern teams.
Never happens.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”
Not sure why he'd want to lose 13% of his paycheck to the state. He's only losing 4% in Michigan.
Yeah, athletes never pick California teams over midwestern teams.
Never happens.
It does for LA teams and Bay area. However, have you ever been to Sacramento?? Its a very nice place, however, nothing about that town screams California. It reminded me of being in a larger Des Moines.
Not sure why he'd want to lose 13% of his paycheck to the state. He's only losing 4% in Michigan.
Yeah, athletes never pick California teams over midwestern teams.
Never happens.
In my best "The Chris Farley Show" voice...
You remember the pre-Lebron Lakers, ran by the Buss kids after Jerry died, when no players took them serious, and they had to overpay to get guys like Luol Deng and Timofey Mozgov to come there?
That was awesome!
2025 Froob NBA Draft
Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
And even more back bench guys whose teams have declined to take their options. All now become UFAs.
SG Trevor Keels
PG Yuki Kawamura
G Curtis Jones
PF/C Trey Jemison
PG Elijah Harkless
G Tyson Etienne
PG Sharife Cooper
C Christian Koloko
PF EJ Liddell
SF Isaiah Livers
G Caleb Love
SF Tyrese Martin
PG Mac McClung
SG Kevin McCullar Jr.
C Josh Oduro
C Lachlan Olbrich
F Norchad Omier
SG Antonio Reeves
SG Rayan Rupert
C Olivier Sarr
PF Drew Timme
PF Oscar Tshiebwe
SG Jeenathan Williams
Players who have resigned with their squads:
C Robert Williams III on a 3yr/$44M deal with Portland
SF Simone Fontecchio on a 1 yr deal with Miami
C Jock Landale on a 1yr/$14M deal with the Hawks
All Time Draft 2025
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
His career really took a kick in the teeth right off the bat. So injured. Do you know that he's already been in the NBA now for four seasons - and has played in just 46 games?!?! Yikes. Fwiw, I was a fan too.
All Time Draft 2025
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Not sure why he'd want to lose 13% of his paycheck to the state. He's only losing 4% in Michigan.
Yeah, athletes never pick California teams over midwestern teams.
Never happens.
In my best "The Chris Farley Show" voice...
You remember the pre-Lebron Lakers, ran by the Buss kids after Jerry died, when no players took them serious, and they had to overpay to get guys like Luol Deng and Timofey Mozgov to come there?
That was awesome!
It’s almost like players want to go to good situations.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”
His career really took a kick in the teeth right off the bat. So injured. Do you know that he's already been in the NBA now for four seasons - and has played in just 46 games?!?! Yikes. Fwiw, I was a fan too.
Yeah, he’s had a bummer of a start. We had luck with a rehabbed Vanderbilt for cheap. I’d toss the min at him and see what can happen.
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 8:03 am
Big day. Let's hope the brass has a very clear idea of what they want and they don't sit around letting guys slip through their fingers. I've settled on my top 3 targets - nothing flashy at all, just a way to balance out the roster. All vets in their early 30s. Hoping they have the cash to do this.
The problem is they might not really have a choice besides to sit around because they simply do not have much to offer any free agent. A player like Yabusele might be thinking more than the TMLE that the Wolves can offer and needs to weigh the market, rather than sign for something lower. I would think even Jevon Carter who had a $6.9 million salary number last season will want to look to see if he can get more than the veteran minimum contract.
ESPN writer does have Twolves as a possible LeBron destination. I’ll believe it when I see it, but it would give this team a lot of attention in the media eye next year.
I just can’t see how I could cheer for LeFraud but I guess i could give
It a go.
His career really took a kick in the teeth right off the bat. So injured. Do you know that he's already been in the NBA now for four seasons - and has played in just 46 games?!?! Yikes. Fwiw, I was a fan too.
I always hated EJ Liddell and remember yall adamently touting him as something while i viewed him as a bust cause he was unatheltic and had that fat gene in him.
His career really took a kick in the teeth right off the bat. So injured. Do you know that he's already been in the NBA now for four seasons - and has played in just 46 games?!?! Yikes. Fwiw, I was a fan too.
I always hated EJ Liddell and remember yall adamently touting him as something while i viewed him as a bust cause he was unatheltic and had that fat gene in him.
So, you think we should pick him up?
2025 Froob NBA Draft
Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 2:40 pm
ESPN writer does have Twolves as a possible LeBron destination. I’ll believe it when I see it, but it would give this team a lot of attention in the media eye next year.
I just can’t see how I could cheer for LeFraud but I guess i could give
It a go.
The ESPN writer is basically an idiot unless he believes LeBron will go to a team like Minnesota for under $6 million per season.
The probability distribution of where LeBron will go is Golden St. 95% on the full MLE with player option and they might just flaunt the over 38 rule giving him a full 4 year contract knowing he will only play 1-2. Then GSW will trade Jimmy B to the Bullets for Anthony Davis.
LeBron-Stef-AD-Kristap. I almost would be interested in cheering for the old guys.
Well, one of those PFs off the board. Precious Achiuwa signs a 2yr/$11.5M deal to remain in Sacto. That's right about exactly the money I was hearing. Now go get Yabusele.
All Time Draft 2025
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 2:40 pm
ESPN writer does have Twolves as a possible LeBron destination. I’ll believe it when I see it, but it would give this team a lot of attention in the media eye next year.
I just can’t see how I could cheer for LeFraud but I guess i could give
It a go.
The ESPN writer is basically an idiot unless he believes LeBron will go to a team like Minnesota for under $6 million per season.
The probability distribution of where LeBron will go is Golden St. 95% on the full MLE with player option and they might just flaunt the over 38 rule giving him a full 4 year contract knowing he will only play 1-2. Then GSW will trade Jimmy B to the Bullets for Anthony Davis.
LeBron-Stef-AD-Kristap. I almost would be interested in cheering for the old guys.
Still don’t understand why Wizards would do that trade.
Atlanta winds up sending a player after all to the Kings for Devin Carter and a 2nd rounder. No longer a pure salary dump. The Kings also receive a 2nd round pick and PF Alpha Kaba.
All Time Draft 2025
PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.