Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Moderator: Sylvester Stallone

Post Reply
mlhouse
Posts: 32286
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by mlhouse »

aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 3:32 pm
mlhouse wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 3:19 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 2:40 pm ESPN writer does have Twolves as a possible LeBron destination. I’ll believe it when I see it, but it would give this team a lot of attention in the media eye next year.

I just can’t see how I could cheer for LeFraud but I guess i could give
It a go.
The ESPN writer is basically an idiot unless he believes LeBron will go to a team like Minnesota for under $6 million per season.

The probability distribution of where LeBron will go is Golden St. 95% on the full MLE with player option and they might just flaunt the over 38 rule giving him a full 4 year contract knowing he will only play 1-2. Then GSW will trade Jimmy B to the Bullets for Anthony Davis.

LeBron-Stef-AD-Kristap. I almost would be interested in cheering for the old guys.
Still don’t understand why Wizards would do that trade.

But I can’t stand any of those players.
BEcause Jimmy is an expiring contract and AD has a $63 million player option in 2027-28.
A$$MAN
Posts: 2521
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:31 am

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by A$$MAN »

mlhouse wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 3:37 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 3:32 pm
mlhouse wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 3:19 pm

The ESPN writer is basically an idiot unless he believes LeBron will go to a team like Minnesota for under $6 million per season.

The probability distribution of where LeBron will go is Golden St. 95% on the full MLE with player option and they might just flaunt the over 38 rule giving him a full 4 year contract knowing he will only play 1-2. Then GSW will trade Jimmy B to the Bullets for Anthony Davis.

LeBron-Stef-AD-Kristap. I almost would be interested in cheering for the old guys.
Still don’t understand why Wizards would do that trade.

But I can’t stand any of those players.
BEcause Jimmy is an expiring contract and AD has a $63 million player option in 2027-28.
Something tells me Butler would be a huge problem in Washington :thinking:
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129101
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by weimy froob »

Kawhi Leonard is headed back to Canada.

The Los Angeles Clippers opted against handing the 35-year-old star an extension and instead decided to deal him to the Toronto Raptors on Tuesday, according to ESPN's Shams Charania.

The move comes as Leonard is owed $50 million in the final year of his current deal.

In return, the Clippers will receive both Brandon Ingram and Gradey Dick. They will also get two future first-round draft picks, a pair of second-round draft picks and a pick swap.
mlhouse
Posts: 32286
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by mlhouse »

A$$MAN wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 3:41 pm
mlhouse wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 3:37 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 3:32 pm

Still don’t understand why Wizards would do that trade.

But I can’t stand any of those players.
BEcause Jimmy is an expiring contract and AD has a $63 million player option in 2027-28.
Something tells me Butler would be a huge problem in Washington :thinking:
They probably would waive him or just send him home and direct deposit his base salary.
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129101
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by weimy froob »

somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 3:29 pm Well, one of those PFs off the board. Precious Achiuwa signs a 2yr/$11.5M deal to remain in Sacto. That's right about exactly the money I was hearing. Now go get Yabusele.
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92187
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by Beef Supreme »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 4:00 pm
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 3:29 pm Well, one of those PFs off the board. Precious Achiuwa signs a 2yr/$11.5M deal to remain in Sacto. That's right about exactly the money I was hearing. Now go get Yabusele.


:lol:
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
aztimberwolves
Posts: 3475
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by aztimberwolves »

mlhouse wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 3:37 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 3:32 pm
mlhouse wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 3:19 pm

The ESPN writer is basically an idiot unless he believes LeBron will go to a team like Minnesota for under $6 million per season.

The probability distribution of where LeBron will go is Golden St. 95% on the full MLE with player option and they might just flaunt the over 38 rule giving him a full 4 year contract knowing he will only play 1-2. Then GSW will trade Jimmy B to the Bullets for Anthony Davis.

LeBron-Stef-AD-Kristap. I almost would be interested in cheering for the old guys.
Still don’t understand why Wizards would do that trade.

But I can’t stand any of those players.
BEcause Jimmy is an expiring contract and AD has a $63 million player option in 2027-28.
But why trade for him on the 1st place if you don’t like his contract?
User avatar
Mplsfonz
Posts: 7386
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:49 am

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by Mplsfonz »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 4:00 pm
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 3:29 pm Well, one of those PFs off the board. Precious Achiuwa signs a 2yr/$11.5M deal to remain in Sacto. That's right about exactly the money I was hearing. Now go get Yabusele.
Good, I don't think I could root for a guy named Precious. :lol:
User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 129101
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by weimy froob »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92187
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by Beef Supreme »

weimy froob wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 4:10 pm ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agreed
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92187
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by Beef Supreme »




I’m still sure this won’t happen, but I’m going to keep talking about it until it doesn’t.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 37470
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by somuchyummy »

I know I'll get flak for this - but here goes. I don't see Lebron leading us to the promised land. Too many other juggernauts out there right now for that old dude to overcome. Father Time is going to win out at some point - and I think it's going to be Willie Mays-like. AND... for anyone wanting Jaden McDaniels to blossom this year as an offensive player - it sure as hell ain't happening on a roster with Ant, Lamelo and Lebron James. So.. no, I don't think a title. But yes... I see a year of dogpaddling for Jaden.
All Time Draft 2025

PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond

There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92187
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by Beef Supreme »

I bet he goes to the Knicks.


Maybe Spurs…
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 37470
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by somuchyummy »

We are ten minutes and counting. Place your bets. What's the first signing?
All Time Draft 2025

PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond

There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
A$$MAN
Posts: 2521
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:31 am

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by A$$MAN »

Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 4:50 pm I bet he goes to the Knicks.


Maybe Spurs…
The real question is...what happens to Bronny :shock:
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92187
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by Beef Supreme »

somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 4:51 pm We are ten minutes and counting. Place your bets. What's the first signing?




Did not see this one coming!
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 92187
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by Beef Supreme »

A$$MAN wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 4:54 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 4:50 pm I bet he goes to the Knicks.


Maybe Spurs…
The real question is...what happens to Bronny :shock:
He gets bought out by LA and follows dad.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”

- George Orwell
User avatar
SHAFA
Posts: 15127
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 4:51 pm We are ten minutes and counting. Place your bets. What's the first signing?
The funniest part of this day is the absolute flood of signings that take place almost immediately when negotiations aren’t even supposed to have taken place yet.
SKOLMN
Posts: 4543
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by SKOLMN »

somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 4:47 pm I know I'll get flak for this - but here goes. I don't see Lebron leading us to the promised land. Too many other juggernauts out there right now for that old dude to overcome. Father Time is going to win out at some point - and I think it's going to be Willie Mays-like. AND... for anyone wanting Jaden McDaniels to blossom this year as an offensive player - it sure as hell ain't happening on a roster with Ant, Lamelo and Lebron James. So.. no, I don't think a title. But yes... I see a year of dogpaddling for Jaden.
You’re speaking about LeBron like we’re going to depend on him to carry us, we won’t. Let ball and ant do all the heavy lifting, lebron is still capable of giving a team good minutes
aztimberwolves
Posts: 3475
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by aztimberwolves »

SKOLMN wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 5:01 pm
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 4:47 pm I know I'll get flak for this - but here goes. I don't see Lebron leading us to the promised land. Too many other juggernauts out there right now for that old dude to overcome. Father Time is going to win out at some point - and I think it's going to be Willie Mays-like. AND... for anyone wanting Jaden McDaniels to blossom this year as an offensive player - it sure as hell ain't happening on a roster with Ant, Lamelo and Lebron James. So.. no, I don't think a title. But yes... I see a year of dogpaddling for Jaden.
You’re speaking about LeBron like we’re going to depend on him to carry us, we won’t. Let ball and ant do all the heavy lifting, lebron is still capable of giving a team good minutes
Yeah, this. Lebron is a really good complimentary piece at this stage of his career. Id say he has a better chance here to win a title than join a geriatric Olden State Warriors team
User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 37470
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by somuchyummy »

Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 4:58 pm
A$$MAN wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 4:54 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 4:50 pm I bet he goes to the Knicks.


Maybe Spurs…
The real question is...what happens to Bronny :shock:
He gets bought out by LA and follows dad.
I want to see Bronny and the Antetokounmpo brothers bring their talents to Utah.
All Time Draft 2025

PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond

There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 37470
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by somuchyummy »

SHAFA wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 4:59 pm
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 4:51 pm We are ten minutes and counting. Place your bets. What's the first signing?
The funniest part of this day is the absolute flood of signings that take place almost immediately when negotiations aren’t even supposed to have taken place yet.
exactly. things that make you go hmmmmm.
All Time Draft 2025

PG - Kidd, Iverson, D Johnson
SG - Reggie, Hill, Richmond
SF - Kawhi, Hawkins, Ellis
PF - Hakeem, Cowens, Perkins
C - Wilt, Alonzo, Thurmond

There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
User avatar
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***
Posts: 43674
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Ousmane Dieng back to Milwaukee for three years, $17.5 million.
Sellingguy wrote: ↑Sat Jan 10, 2026 9:40 am your not to brite
User avatar
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***
Posts: 43674
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Sellingguy wrote: ↑Sat Jan 10, 2026 9:40 am your not to brite
User avatar
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***
Posts: 43674
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Hoop Dreams wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 5:25 pm
Minimum deal. Not bad.
Sellingguy wrote: ↑Sat Jan 10, 2026 9:40 am your not to brite
A$$MAN
Posts: 2521
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:31 am

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by A$$MAN »

Hoop Dreams wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 5:29 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 5:25 pm
Minimum deal. Not bad.
Good signing at the minimum...I just don't see how he gets minutes this year.
User avatar
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***
Posts: 43674
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Tim Hardaway Jr. to the Heat.
Sellingguy wrote: ↑Sat Jan 10, 2026 9:40 am your not to brite
User avatar
SHAFA
Posts: 15127
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by SHAFA »

So that’s 13 bodies including the two 2-ways.
User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 39017
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by YBBR »

More guards!!!

I don't mind the Bones deal at all.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
aztimberwolves
Posts: 3475
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am

Re: Summer 2026 Trade/FA Thread

Post by aztimberwolves »

A$$MAN wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 5:31 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 5:29 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: ↑Tue Jun 30, 2026 5:25 pm
Minimum deal. Not bad.
Good signing at the minimum...I just don't see how he gets minutes this year.
Injury insurance. Not like Ball or Ayo have been iron men.

Great deal though. Good start
Post Reply