The frontcourt is generally weak next year and an arrgument could be formulated that because of that lack of depth it pushes PGs up. The moral of the story...don't reach.Oriole81 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:58 pmI'd have no objection to them going PG next year, I agree talent does develop talent. However, I do think there will be plenty of options for front court still, which is what I was trying to convey with the previous statement.SO_MONEY wrote: ↑Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:43 pmYou should draft a PG next year even with Russell. Talent develops tatent and it s DEEP. If you get a top pick you might have an option, but it is weak at PF and we really don't need Center or SF.Oriole81 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:21 pm
I was just saying hypothetically first off, not that I'm on board.
But even if we did move one of those 3, again hypothetically, you would eventually find a replacement. If we got Russell, we wouldn't have to take a PG next year and could use that pick (presuming it doesn't go out in said Russell trade) on one of the top PF/C as there are a good amount of those as well.
You would also still be able to trade Wiggins and perhaps bring back a defensive PF, so that balances the roster too.
Since the PG crop is so deep, it pushes down the front court talent and even a late lottery pick could get us a chance at one of Wiseman, McDaniels, Sylla, Achiuwa, or Stewart, which could all fit nicely next to Culver, RoCo, Towns if Okogie was the one to go out.
But if we're able to move Wiggins for a starting big, we could definitely still go PG bpa next year if that's how the board shapes up.
I wanted to mainly convey that there are still plenty of opportunities to balance out the roster.
Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.
Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.
Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
Moderator: Sylvester Stallone
-
SO_MONEY
- Posts: 7114
- Joined: Fri May 11, 2018 3:13 pm
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
-
Oriole81
- Posts: 38110
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
I fully admit that I don't know much about these guys yet, going fully off of real brief snippets, but here's the comps for all these guys that are still rumored in the Top 20, w/ many still having Top 10 grades.SO_MONEY wrote: ↑Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:59 pmThe frontcourt is generally weak next year and an arrgument could be formulated that because of that lack of depth it pushes PGs up. The moral of the story...don't reach.Oriole81 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:58 pmI'd have no objection to them going PG next year, I agree talent does develop talent. However, I do think there will be plenty of options for front court still, which is what I was trying to convey with the previous statement.
Since the PG crop is so deep, it pushes down the front court talent and even a late lottery pick could get us a chance at one of Wiseman, McDaniels, Sylla, Achiuwa, or Stewart, which could all fit nicely next to Culver, RoCo, Towns if Okogie was the one to go out.
But if we're able to move Wiggins for a starting big, we could definitely still go PG bpa next year if that's how the board shapes up.
I wanted to mainly convey that there are still plenty of opportunities to balance out the roster.
Wiseman= AD lite
Stewart= Favors +
Achiuwa= Tobias Harris
Jalen Smith= PJ Brown +
McDaniels= Ingram
Sylla= Siakam
Any of those type of players could fit in very well with our team. I agree not to reach, but if we're in the late lottery for instance and there's already been 7 guards taken (which could be very reasonable), we could still be able to get the 2nd or 3rd rated big in the whole draft.
We're both on the same page though regarding taking the best player still.
2025 Froob NBA Draft
Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
Billups, Lillard, Moncrief
Wade, Harden, Petrovic
Bird, George, Marion
Nowitzki, Barkley, Anthony
Russell, A Sabonis, Parish
-
SO_MONEY
- Posts: 7114
- Joined: Fri May 11, 2018 3:13 pm
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
Indeed.Oriole81 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:14 pmI fully admit that I don't know much about these guys yet, going fully off of real brief snippets, but here's the comps for all these guys that are still rumored in the Top 20, w/ many still having Top 10 grades.SO_MONEY wrote: ↑Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:59 pmThe frontcourt is generally weak next year and an arrgument could be formulated that because of that lack of depth it pushes PGs up. The moral of the story...don't reach.Oriole81 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:58 pm
I'd have no objection to them going PG next year, I agree talent does develop talent. However, I do think there will be plenty of options for front court still, which is what I was trying to convey with the previous statement.
Since the PG crop is so deep, it pushes down the front court talent and even a late lottery pick could get us a chance at one of Wiseman, McDaniels, Sylla, Achiuwa, or Stewart, which could all fit nicely next to Culver, RoCo, Towns if Okogie was the one to go out.
But if we're able to move Wiggins for a starting big, we could definitely still go PG bpa next year if that's how the board shapes up.
I wanted to mainly convey that there are still plenty of opportunities to balance out the roster.
Wiseman= AD lite
Stewart= Favors +
Achiuwa= Tobias Harris
Jalen Smith= PJ Brown +
McDaniels= Ingram
Sylla= Siakam
Any of those type of players could fit in very well with our team. I agree not to reach, but if we're in the late lottery for instance and there's already been 7 guards taken (which could be very reasonable), we could still be able to get the 2nd or 3rd rated big in the whole draft.
We're both on the same page though regarding taking the best player still.
-
D_H
- Posts: 24780
- Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:13 am
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
Shams Charania
✔
@ShamsCharania
Sources: Brooklyn has extended a qualifying offer to All-Star free agent D’Angelo Russell, making him a restricted free agent.
3,104
4:15 PM - Jun 28, 2019
✔
@ShamsCharania
Sources: Brooklyn has extended a qualifying offer to All-Star free agent D’Angelo Russell, making him a restricted free agent.
3,104
4:15 PM - Jun 28, 2019
- jffl_commish
- Posts: 28483
- Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am
-
D_H
- Posts: 24780
- Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:13 am
- Beef Supreme
- Posts: 92269
- Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
- Location: House of Representin'
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
I wonder if Rosas saw this when he envisioned the “path” to landing Russell.
Maybe he did and the plan was always to make a trade with the Nets for him. Who knows?
But this makes any kind of other move to clear cap space and then sign him less likely. Unless we max him and the Nets decide he’s not worth that much and let’s him walk. But I’d hate to dump players (maybe at a cost to us) and then have us lose out on Russell and end up holding the bag with nothing in it.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”
- George Orwell
- George Orwell
- irishman89
- Posts: 5647
- Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:34 pm
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
All we can do now is wait to see which team he signs the offer sheet with first, or wait until that cap hold is in their way.
-
mlhouse
- Posts: 32286
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:00 pm
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
Or they rescind the offer once they have Irving or another FA signed.irishman89 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:05 pm All we can do now is wait to see which team he signs the offer sheet with first, or wait until that cap hold is in their way.
-
D_H
- Posts: 24780
- Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:13 am
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
My guess is the Nets know they're not getting Kevin Durant. He can make the most money in Golden State. I bet he's staying in Golden State so they're going to sign Irving and Russell. Should be interesting as the NBA turns!! LoLmlhouse wrote: ↑Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:09 pmOr they rescind the offer once they have Irving or another FA signed.irishman89 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:05 pm All we can do now is wait to see which team he signs the offer sheet with first, or wait until that cap hold is in their way.
-
thinktank
- Posts: 29459
- Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
The Nets are thinking the same thing.Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:59 pmI wonder if Rosas saw this when he envisioned the “path” to landing Russell.
Maybe he did and the plan was always to make a trade with the Nets for him. Who knows?
But this makes any kind of other move to clear cap space and then sign him less likely. Unless we max him and the Nets decide he’s not worth that much and let’s him walk. But I’d hate to dump players (maybe at a cost to us) and then have us lose out on Russell and end up holding the bag with nothing in it.
I really don’t think this changes anything.
Russell’s gonna get paid.
The question is where.
-
mlhouse
- Posts: 32286
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:00 pm
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
Maybe, although I think they might want Harris if they sign Irving.D_H wrote: ↑Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:12 pmMy guess is the Nets know they're not getting Kevin Durant. He can make the most money in Golden State. I bet he's staying in Golden State so they're going to sign Irving and Russell. Should be interesting as the NBA turns!! LoLmlhouse wrote: ↑Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:09 pmOr they rescind the offer once they have Irving or another FA signed.irishman89 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:05 pm All we can do now is wait to see which team he signs the offer sheet with first, or wait until that cap hold is in their way.
-
thinktank
- Posts: 29459
- Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
Yeah they’re not keeping both.
Neither can defend a lick.
But, what do I know?
I was only honorable mention all-conference.
Neither can defend a lick.
But, what do I know?
I was only honorable mention all-conference.
- Decker23
- #1 Andrew Wiggins Fan
- Posts: 4232
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:56 pm
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
What if nothing happens as per usual?
"I wanna wear Nike's, not make them shits!" - Dave Chappelle
- LordNu
- Posts: 11100
- Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:15 am
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
Welcome Home! If I'd known you were going to be released today, I would have made a nice thread for you, with cake.NotRasho wrote: ↑Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:51 amIt feels treacherous. I got used to prison life, the outside world is scary.
-
SO_MONEY
- Posts: 7114
- Joined: Fri May 11, 2018 3:13 pm
-
RubeTube
- ***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
- Posts: 52147
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
It's all coming to "A Head" boy's.
Won't be long know until WWRD (What Will Rosas Do)
Won't be long know until WWRD (What Will Rosas Do)
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X
The Puppet Master
FUCK TRUMP!
FUCK ICE!
— Malcolm X
The Puppet Master
FUCK TRUMP!
FUCK ICE!
- Hornets
- Posts: 65263
- Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:46 pm
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
What's your gut tellin ya RT? Will Rosas be able to get D-Ang here??
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***

-
RubeTube
- ***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
- Posts: 52147
- Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
Either here or the Lakers. 50/50 Gus.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X
The Puppet Master
FUCK TRUMP!
FUCK ICE!
— Malcolm X
The Puppet Master
FUCK TRUMP!
FUCK ICE!
- YBBR
- Posts: 39017
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
With how he's going were gonna have 5 damn players under contract in a week. Waive the whole damn team away.
It's pretty clear he wants to free up cap space to be a player in free agency. The road to DLo was built with waiving Cam Reynolds massive 1% piece of our cap.
It's pretty clear he wants to free up cap space to be a player in free agency. The road to DLo was built with waiving Cam Reynolds massive 1% piece of our cap.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
- witljon
- Posts: 27107
- Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:57 am
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
The Nets extended D'Angelo Russell a qualifying offer which gives them the right to match any other teams offer.
What is that? How much did they offer? What if teams fill up their cap space and Russell gets no other offers?
What is that? How much did they offer? What if teams fill up their cap space and Russell gets no other offers?
Bring ya ass!
- flexbuffchest
- Posts: 27091
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
- Beef Supreme
- Posts: 92269
- Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
- Location: House of Representin'
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
If we could get Russell for under $20M, that would be great. I don’t believe it, but it would be great.
“‘Freedom’ is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.”
- George Orwell
- George Orwell
-
OliverMiller
- Posts: 2246
- Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:54 pm
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
If that's what other teams are offering that gives the Wolves a lot of room to be attractiveBeef Supreme wrote: ↑Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:17 amIf we could get Russell for under $20M, that would be great. I don’t believe it, but it would be great.
- The Replacements
- Posts: 1846
- Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:37 pm
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
Not sure anyone really knows how Russell plays out right now. I think a few teams will pay much more than $20 million for him.
- Sid Hartman
- Posts: 6366
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:29 pm
- Location: Heaven
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
RT @ChrisBHaynes: Minnesota Timberwolves to meet with Brooklyn Nets restricted free agent guard D’Angelo Russell at the start of free-agency, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
- flexbuffchest
- Posts: 27091
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
It's happening?Sid Hartman wrote: ↑Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:19 pm RT @ChrisBHaynes: Minnesota Timberwolves to meet with Brooklyn Nets restricted free agent guard D’Angelo Russell at the start of free-agency, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
-
mlhouse
- Posts: 32286
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:00 pm
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
MOre than likely. He is a NBA All-star player who is a free agent in an offseason were major teams have huge amounts of available cap.The Replacements wrote: ↑Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:23 am Not sure anyone really knows how Russell plays out right now. I think a few teams will pay much more than $20 million for him.
Brooklyn, New York, LA Lakers, LA Clipper, Boston Celtics, Philadelphia, Dallas, and Chicago all have more than $20 million in "Practical" cap space this offseason. Someone is going to sign him for a significant contract.
I think the early meeting with the Wolves is great for us. While Russell is a restricted FA, if someone signs him to a offer sheet then their cap space is committed until they either match the offer or let the player walk. If they want to be a player in the market, they need to move on from Russell even if they want to wait.
But, the real problem for the Wolves is that to make an offer, you must have the cap room. You can't make the offer contingent on a sign and trade.
Last edited by mlhouse on Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- flexbuffchest
- Posts: 27091
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
- flexbuffchest
- Posts: 27091
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm
Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?
DLOADING
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”









