Page 4 of 9

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2025 9:43 am
by Jimi_Thing
feekdogg wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 9:14 am Wolves already ruled him out for tonight. Not good when they're in NY, back to MN, then to Memphis by Monday. Hopefully just a one game deal.
Fans shouldn't look at that as an excuse for any of the upcoming scheduled Ls. Damn near the entire Western Conference, aside from the Wolves, have been dealing with more significant injuries.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2025 9:44 am
by Beef Supreme
feekdogg wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 9:14 am Wolves already ruled him out for tonight. Not good when they're in NY, back to MN, then to Memphis by Monday. Hopefully just a one game deal.
Big toe sprains can keep a guy out more than a month, depending on the severity.


Anyone know the grade of the sprain?

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2025 9:45 am
by Beef Supreme
Jimi_Thing wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 9:43 am
feekdogg wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 9:14 am Wolves already ruled him out for tonight. Not good when they're in NY, back to MN, then to Memphis by Monday. Hopefully just a one game deal.
Fans shouldn't look at that as an excuse for any of the upcoming scheduled Ls. Damn near the entire Western Conference, aside from the Wolves, have been dealing with more significant injuries.
Golden State Zombies didn’t let it bother them the other night.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2025 10:12 am
by twolves31
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 9:45 am
Jimi_Thing wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 9:43 am
feekdogg wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 9:14 am Wolves already ruled him out for tonight. Not good when they're in NY, back to MN, then to Memphis by Monday. Hopefully just a one game deal.
Fans shouldn't look at that as an excuse for any of the upcoming scheduled Ls. Damn near the entire Western Conference, aside from the Wolves, have been dealing with more significant injuries.
Golden State Zombies didn’t let it bother them the other night.
Golden State was playing 12 guys a night to start the season, so they were ready for some injuries. Outside of a small amount of time for Josh and Rob, we haven't played anyone outside of the main 8 to prepare anyone for games.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2025 12:17 pm
by somuchyummy
You're forgetting those 1 second stints for Jingles. Keeping those pasty legs fresh!

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2025 1:24 pm
by somuchyummy
I'm hoping this toe isn't a big deal. But it definitely could be. Your acceleration down the court, your short burst, your cuts, your lift - all pretty dependent on healthy big toes. Bah.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2025 1:14 pm
by mnbob70

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:44 am
by HeHateMe
mnbob70 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 20, 2025 1:14 pm Out indefinitely.
They're going to miss him but it's time to let Rob (and hopefully TSJ when he's back) get some minutes.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:46 am
by SHAFA
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:44 am
mnbob70 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 20, 2025 1:14 pm Out indefinitely.
They're going to miss him but it's time to let Rob (and hopefully TSJ when he's back) get some minutes.
I don't know, I think they've really got something with this Ingles guy.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:52 am
by HeHateMe
SHAFA wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:46 am
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:44 am
mnbob70 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 20, 2025 1:14 pm Out indefinitely.
They're going to miss him but it's time to let Rob (and hopefully TSJ when he's back) get some minutes.
I don't know, I think they've really got something with this Ingles guy.
Think he'll ever get a bucket in a Wolves uniform?

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:57 am
by SHAFA
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:52 am
SHAFA wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:46 am
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:44 am

They're going to miss him but it's time to let Rob (and hopefully TSJ when he's back) get some minutes.
I don't know, I think they've really got something with this Ingles guy.
Think he'll ever get a bucket in a Wolves uniform?
Probably not, but only because it looks like he's actively trying NOT to shoot.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2025 6:09 pm
by HeHateMe
SHAFA wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:57 am
HeHateMe wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:52 am
SHAFA wrote: ↑Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:46 am

I don't know, I think they've really got something with this Ingles guy.
Think he'll ever get a bucket in a Wolves uniform?
Probably not, but only because it looks like he's actively trying NOT to shoot.
Mike Miller!?

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2025 8:22 pm
by somuchyummy
Seems like we might possibly have some good news on DDV's injury. Perhaps not. But the new assessement is that they're going to look at it again in 3 weeks - which is a lot brighter horizon than saying it's probably a season ender.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2025 9:13 pm
by aztimberwolves
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Fri Jan 24, 2025 8:22 pm Seems like we might possibly have some good news on DDV's injury. Perhaps not. But the new assessement is that they're going to look at it again in 3 weeks - which is a lot brighter horizon than saying it's probably a season ender.
I just hope it’s not typical Wolves training staff misdiagnosis like with Bud. Oh yeah rest will take care of it and it lingers into next year and then has surgery and is out that year too instead of just having surgery now and taking care of it.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2025 10:29 pm
by Beef Supreme
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Fri Jan 24, 2025 8:22 pm Seems like we might possibly have some good news on DDV's injury. Perhaps not. But the new assessement is that they're going to look at it again in 3 weeks - which is a lot brighter horizon than saying it's probably a season ender.
Yeah, I saw that too. Sounds like surgery won't be necessary. But it's still going to be a while.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2025 3:20 pm
by weimy froob

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2025 8:34 am
by weimy froob
i saw a line where they might actually see if he can play on thursday. not sure about that, but he's back to practicing.


Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2025 8:25 pm
by weimy froob

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2025 10:31 pm
by Beef Supreme
I'm surprised he's gone from no activity to questionable so quickly.


Good for us, though. But I am concerned that the youngsters who've given us a spark will get their minutes cut because of this. I'm not a fan of that, even though I liked how DD was playing before he got hurt.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2025 7:57 am
by witljon
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Wed Feb 26, 2025 10:31 pm I'm surprised he's gone from no activity to questionable so quickly.


Good for us, though. But I am concerned that the youngsters who've given us a spark will get their minutes cut because of this. I'm not a fan of that, even though I liked how DD was playing before he got hurt.
I hope it doesn’t take him a couple of months again
to find his groove.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:11 am
by weimy froob
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Wed Feb 26, 2025 10:31 pm I'm surprised he's gone from no activity to questionable so quickly.


Good for us, though. But I am concerned that the youngsters who've given us a spark will get their minutes cut because of this. I'm not a fan of that, even though I liked how DD was playing before he got hurt.
one simple solution to the minutes problem is for Finch to lengthen the bench/rotation. there is now no reason why this shouldn't be a 10 man rotation and on some nights 11. Jaylen, TSJ and Rob should continue to play. DD playing like he was before he got hurt makes this team better though.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:29 am
by Beef Supreme
witljon wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 7:57 am
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Wed Feb 26, 2025 10:31 pm I'm surprised he's gone from no activity to questionable so quickly.


Good for us, though. But I am concerned that the youngsters who've given us a spark will get their minutes cut because of this. I'm not a fan of that, even though I liked how DD was playing before he got hurt.
I hope it doesn’t take him a couple of months again
to find his groove.
Me too. He as really rough to start the year. Maybe he’s a slow starter and this could be a reset back to that and we’ll have to live through it again. But maybe it was just acclimating to the new team and we won’t. I don’t really know.


But I do know that if he puts TSJ, Rob, and Clark back on the pine, I’d just assume he stays hurt, to be honest. I want more of the youth movement.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:31 am
by Beef Supreme
weimy froob wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:11 am
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Wed Feb 26, 2025 10:31 pm I'm surprised he's gone from no activity to questionable so quickly.


Good for us, though. But I am concerned that the youngsters who've given us a spark will get their minutes cut because of this. I'm not a fan of that, even though I liked how DD was playing before he got hurt.
one simple solution to the minutes problem is for Finch to lengthen the bench/rotation. there is now no reason why this shouldn't be a 10 man rotation and on some nights 11. Jaylen, TSJ and Rob should continue to play. DD playing like he was before he got hurt makes this team better though.
It could work. But I’m not sure Finchy is going to do that. I hope he does, but I haven’t seen much from him that says he will.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:34 am
by somuchyummy
The toothpaste is pretty much out of the tube now though on those young players. Restrict Mike's minutes, rest Ant a little more, keep DDV on a minutes restriction while he works thru things - it could work. We've got just 23 games till the playoffs. Deep teams are doing well - you look at the top four in each conference, and most play deep rotations - the exceptions being Denver and the Knicks.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:37 am
by weimy froob
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:34 am The toothpaste is pretty much out of the tube now though on those young players. Restrict Mike's minutes, rest Ant a little more, keep DDV on a minutes restriction while he works thru things - it could work. We've got just 23 games till the playoffs.
yep. there is no reason for Ant to be playing the whole first and third quarters now unless he's on a total heater. then if/when he cools off you still get him out for a couple minutes. he should have more energy in the fourth quarter/clutch time and that might translate into better numbers for him.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:52 am
by twolves31
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:34 am The toothpaste is pretty much out of the tube now though on those young players. Restrict Mike's minutes, rest Ant a little more, keep DDV on a minutes restriction while he works thru things - it could work. We've got just 23 games till the playoffs. Deep teams are doing well - you look at the top four in each conference, and most play deep rotations - the exceptions being Denver and the Knicks.
SGA sits the entire 4th quarter a lot of games because his team has such a high margin of victory and still plays 34 minutes per game. Same thing with Cleveland stars 31 and 30 minutes. Brown and Tatum play 36 and 35 minutes. Lebron is 40 years old and still gets in 34.6 minutes. Ant plays 36.8, I think you can knock that down to maybe 32 but that only opens up 4.8 minutes for others. Randle's 32.6 minutes can be taken down into the 27 minute range. Rudy's 33 minutes can be taken down a bit.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:58 am
by weimy froob
twolves31 wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:52 am
somuchyummy wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:34 am The toothpaste is pretty much out of the tube now though on those young players. Restrict Mike's minutes, rest Ant a little more, keep DDV on a minutes restriction while he works thru things - it could work. We've got just 23 games till the playoffs. Deep teams are doing well - you look at the top four in each conference, and most play deep rotations - the exceptions being Denver and the Knicks.
SGA sits the entire 4th quarter a lot of games because his team has such a high margin of victory and still plays 34 minutes per game. Same thing with Cleveland stars 31 and 30 minutes. Brown and Tatum play 36 and 35 minutes. Lebron is 40 years old and still gets in 34.6 minutes. Ant plays 36.8, I think you can knock that down to maybe 32 but that only opens up 4.8 minutes for others. Randle's 32.6 minutes can be taken down into the 27 minute range. Rudy's 33 minutes can be taken down a bit.
32 would be about right for me. two minutes in the first quarter and two minutes in the third quarter. they have to find a way for him to be more effective/efficient in clutch time and i think less minutes has to be explored to see if that's the solution right there.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2025 10:27 am
by witljon
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:29 am
witljon wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 7:57 am
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Wed Feb 26, 2025 10:31 pm I'm surprised he's gone from no activity to questionable so quickly.


Good for us, though. But I am concerned that the youngsters who've given us a spark will get their minutes cut because of this. I'm not a fan of that, even though I liked how DD was playing before he got hurt.
I hope it doesn’t take him a couple of months again
to find his groove.
Me too. He as really rough to start the year. Maybe he’s a slow starter and this could be a reset back to that and we’ll have to live through it again. But maybe it was just acclimating to the new team and we won’t. I don’t really know.


But I do know that if he puts TSJ, Rob, and Clark back on the pine, I’d just assume he stays hurt, to be honest. I want more of the youth movement.
We’ve lost 4 out of our last 6 with this youth movement.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2025 10:45 am
by DonaldDouchebag
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:29 am
witljon wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 7:57 am
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Wed Feb 26, 2025 10:31 pm I'm surprised he's gone from no activity to questionable so quickly.


Good for us, though. But I am concerned that the youngsters who've given us a spark will get their minutes cut because of this. I'm not a fan of that, even though I liked how DD was playing before he got hurt.
I hope it doesn’t take him a couple of months again
to find his groove.
Me too. He as really rough to start the year. Maybe he’s a slow starter and this could be a reset back to that and we’ll have to live through it again. But maybe it was just acclimating to the new team and we won’t. I don’t really know.


But I do know that if he puts TSJ, Rob, and Clark back on the pine, I’d just assume he stays hurt, to be honest. I want more of the youth movement.
Yep. And I think the more layman fan, like me, wants to see these young dudes continue to get run, too.

Re: Donte DiVincenzo

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2025 10:55 am
by Beef Supreme
witljon wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 10:27 am
Beef Supreme wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 8:29 am
witljon wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 7:57 am

I hope it doesn’t take him a couple of months again
to find his groove.
Me too. He as really rough to start the year. Maybe he’s a slow starter and this could be a reset back to that and we’ll have to live through it again. But maybe it was just acclimating to the new team and we won’t. I don’t really know.


But I do know that if he puts TSJ, Rob, and Clark back on the pine, I’d just assume he stays hurt, to be honest. I want more of the youth movement.
We’ve lost 4 out of our last 6 with this youth movement.
So?